2. ...
  3. 803
  4. 804
  5. 805
  6. 806
  7. 807
  8. ...
  9. 939
Elites were playable before, they should still be playable now. Bring back the ability to play as Elites 343.
There's no excuse 343, make Elites playable again. Now before everyone jumps on the bandwagon, "but their too big" and all that other hitbox non-sense, let me add that 343 has full control over any lore, gameplay or fiction reason as to why something may or may not happen. And considering that 343 will bend the lore and add things so that the ideas they implement make sense, I don't see it impossible for them to implement if they really wanted. Now for any of you saying that the Elites could not use Spartan abilities, this is false, what are Spartan abilities but enhancements of default gameplay mechanics, I am certain a Elite can sprint, clamber, aim, and slide. And I am positive their are Elites that have thrusters build into their combat harnesses, and if not, then they could easily have them integrated into them while they work with Spartans. Then they could thrust, stabilize and groundpound and have a lore reason behind it. So their is no reason(other than name) they can't use them. Now as for the model, 343 has made how many different species of Grunts, Jackals, Brutes, Elites ect. that all have very different characteristics from the ones we have seen in past halos, how hard would it be for them to create a species of Elites that are smaller than the others, heck they could make the Halo 2 anniversary Elites (the ones with tiny toes) this version of smaller Elites that would either be on-par with humans in size or on-par with Spartan IV's, either way if they are too big, 343 could make reasons for them to be the same size as Spartan IV's.So with that out of the way, please 343 make them playable again, you and on you are stopping them from doing so.
H2A multy élite or the H2A story élite?
So it seems that Sangheili will indeed not be playable in Halo 4 Matchmaking due to a 'canonical matchmaking experience'. I will refrain from stating my opinion on the idea of attempting to make Matchmaking canonical, but the opportunity to have Elites playable is still not forever erased. There is no doubt that this thread has been noticed by at least a few 343 Industries employees. It is the top thread in the Halo 4 Forum, and was mentioned in one of the Q&A Updates. Unfortunately, we have lost the first battle. Elites will not be playable in Multiplayer on the original Halo 4 shipping disc. However there is still time for 343 Industries to listen to their fans.

It may be possible to include elite player models in future Downloadable Content, depending on the layout of the Halo 4 engine. If this is not possible, do not lose faith. If 343 Industries wants to be known as one of the few developers that listens to their fans, they will most certainly incorporate elites as playable characters in Halo 5 & 6. With this being the most popular thread on this forum and holding that title, it seems to be one favor that the fans are wishing to see fulfilled. I comprehend that 343 Industries wanted to make this "their Halo" and not "Bungie's Halo", and I respect that philosophy, but this does not mean that all core elements should be pushed to the wayside. This is one core element of Halo Matchmaking that should never be pushed to the wayside.

Jaime Griesemer: "I'd much rather experiment and do something surprising, and not have everybody appreciate it, than just turn the crank and do another alien war movie with a space marine" This is a quote from Jamie Griesemer regarding the criticism that the Arbiter's missions in Halo 2 received. So 343 Industries wisely took the information from the fans about this and created the "Spartan Identity" for Halo 4. Unfortunately the Sangheili population has grown much larger since Halo 2. My identity in Halo, and many others, is an elite. It is not going to be a pleasant experience having to change my identity for Halo 4, but if we stick it out, we may be rewarded.

Below is the original post written on March 5th, 2012 containing many reasons why the Sangheili community has grown and the importance of their inclusion.

-ORIGINAL POST-Without jumping to conclusions, I understand that Sangheili have neither been confirmed or denied for the Multiplayer of Halo 4, but I would like to present my explanation for why it is imperative Elites make a return, much more dignified than the limitations of Reach.

It is no doubt the Elite community within Halo is small, but having been involved with it for 6 and half years now, I am astounded at it's growth. As more Halo media like The Return, Halo: Cole Protocol, and Halo: Glasslands makes it's way to the gamer, the more compelled the gamer is to prefer playing as an Elite over a Spartan. Especially when the media makes reference to things found on a game level, such as Thel 'Vadam or the Revenant. Although that sounds like a very basic and broad way to explain this, after speaking with the populous of newly converted "Elite players", this is the general reason I get for this exponential growth. To make this point, I ask you to look around, and in nearly every thread you will see at least one or two users with Elite or Covenant avatars.

343i, I would like you to recognize that we are here collectively, and we deserve the respect and catered opinions just as much as the Spartan fanbase. Although extreme, I know players who actually will not buy Halo 4 if they are not available in Matchmaking, and I cannot say I blame them. What would Halo be without Covenant Weapons/Vehicles as well? Energy Swords, Needlers, and Wraiths are all iconic symbols of what makes Halo, Halo.

The limitations of playing as an Elite in Halo Reach are indeed disheartening. Going back to the Halo 3 method of playing as an elite during regular Matchmaking can be the solution. Not only does that add to the customization, but it can also be explained canonically. I understand that 343i is in the process of delivering a canonical explanation for the Red and Blue Spartans fighting each other. The relationship between Humans and Sangheili can be used to add Elites into this mix. Since the UNSC and the Sangheili are allied, having them use human weapons is anything but non-canon. Or if you would like to take the reverse side of the coin, ONI is supplying the Servants of Abiding Truth with weaponry, which is human as well. This can easily be weaved into the plot without creating a mess.

I understand the game is very far into the development stage, I do not know for sure, but judging by the newest ViDoc, I believe it isn't too late to give the Elite fanbase a voice. We're here, we shouldn't be neglected, and if we are, I can assure you that 343i will lose a great deal of supporters.

Quote:
Please Sign (Thank This Post) If You Agree.
Good answers
There's no excuse 343, make Elites playable again. Now before everyone jumps on the bandwagon, "but their too big" and all that other hitbox non-sense, let me add that 343 has full control over any lore, gameplay or fiction reason as to why something may or may not happen. And considering that 343 will bend the lore and add things so that the ideas they implement make sense, I don't see it impossible for them to implement if they really wanted. Now for any of you saying that the Elites could not use Spartan abilities, this is false, what are Spartan abilities but enhancements of default gameplay mechanics, I am certain a Elite can sprint, clamber, aim, and slide. And I am positive their are Elites that have thrusters build into their combat harnesses, and if not, then they could easily have them integrated into them while they work with Spartans. Then they could thrust, stabilize and groundpound and have a lore reason behind it. So their is no reason(other than name) they can't use them. Now as for the model, 343 has made how many different species of Grunts, Jackals, Brutes, Elites ect. that all have very different characteristics from the ones we have seen in past halos, how hard would it be for them to create a species of Elites that are smaller than the others, heck they could make the Halo 2 anniversary Elites (the ones with tiny toes) this version of smaller Elites that would either be on-par with humans in size or on-par with Spartan IV's, either way if they are too big, 343 could make reasons for them to be the same size as Spartan IV's.So with that out of the way, please 343 make them playable again, you and on you are stopping them from doing so.
Why are you putting accents over the elite?
Just posted a suggestion asking for Elites to have their own mode in WZ where you only play as them and you only use covenent weapons. My last round on WZ saw everyone doing just that, except with damn Spartans.

For god sake 343 just add Elites in a new Halo 5 DLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if we have to pay for it!

And also please god damn make new Campaign missions for Halo 5 to fix the story
Spookstoon wrote:
I agree. Halo wouldn't be Halo without Sangheili.
And so began 5 years of darkness...
343 has said that there is no plans for playable Sangheili in H5 DLC I have accepted this, but they can change. For me right now I am banking on H6 having playable Sangheili,.
With the introduction of the old art style in Halo Wars 2 and bringing back the classic Elites, maybe we'll get playable elites in H6 as they appeared in Halo 3.
Halo 2 A story Elites, the Multi Elites were just hunched over re-skinned versions of the Halo 4 Elite.
Why are you putting accents over the elite?
look ChaoticPentrath comment , H2A multy is a H4 sangheili
Reach was the BEST
It is abit too late to add them to halo 5 I've got no problem with that, let's just hope for halo 6, they've heard our requests and let's give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they come up with.
Sottamus wrote:
Reach was the BEST
yeah they were. They were lean, un hunched over, mobile, intimidating and immersive. Reach did the elites right. Not these weird jaw hunched over alligator things that are halo 4&5.
Sottamus wrote:
Reach was the BEST
yeah they were. They were lean, un hunched over, mobile, intimidating and immersive. Reach did the elites right. Not these weird jaw hunched over alligator things that are halo 4&5.
Sangheili necks are designed in a way that makes their heads looked hunched over in every phenotype. And besides, the subspecies we see in Halo 4/5 are probably the least hunched over of them all. Btw, it makes sense that they are alligator-like, since Sangheili are extremely reptilian.
Sottamus wrote:
Reach was the BEST
Sangheili necks are designed in a way that makes their heads looked hunched over in every phenotype. And besides, the subspecies we see in Halo 4/5 are probably the least hunched over of them all. Btw, it makes sense that they are alligator-like, since Sangheili are extremely reptilian.
Fun fact of the day for new recruits; sangheili lay eggs!
Halo: CE/Halo 2 Elites are better.
(now I'm looking at the zealot, the left arm look like he should carry a shield or something)
If Elites we're playable in Halo Reach Simulation aka Multiplayer in Halo games how can they not be playable in Halo5???Its a Simulation,they can throw Dinosaurs in it if they want!
If Elites we're playable in Halo Reach Simulation aka Multiplayer in Halo games how can they not be playable in Halo5???Its a Simulation,they can throw Dinosaurs in it if they want!
There wasn't a simulation story in Halo Reach. Because bungie actually cared about their elite fan base. Bungie focused on gameplay whilst 343 focused on a stupid story for multiplayer. Hence them finding an excuse to remove the elites
I would love to have them back.
Mawyle wrote:
There wasn't a simulation story in Halo Reach. Because bungie actually cared about their elite fan base. Bungie focused on gameplay whilst 343 focused on a stupid story for multiplayer. Hence them finding an excuse to remove the elites
I know bungie never said if it was simulation,in those days nobody cared to make canon of their multiplayer in games.But nonetheless i read that 343 said it was not canon to put elites in multiplayer and that is a joke to me.If its canon to have Halo Channel emblem,Halo Megablocks emblem,Halo Code emblem,Halo Championship Teams emblems and so on..........How would putting elites in there than not be canon if they put such things there and that is apparently canon then.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 803
  4. 804
  5. 805
  6. 806
  7. 807
  8. ...
  9. 939