2. ...
  3. 840
  4. 841
  5. 842
  6. 843
  7. 844
  8. ...
  9. 849
WORT WORT WORT if you want Elites back whose with me!
WORT WORT WORT if you want Elites back whose with me!
Worting all the way.
Ever thought Microsoft to be the ones to remove Sangheili in the first place?
Microsoft is pushing for microtransactions. When 343 has to devote all this time to the (mostly useless) microtransactions, they lose time they could be using to create playable elites, split-screen, working theater, etc.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Microsoft is pushing for microtransactions. When 343 has to devote all this time to the (mostly useless) microtransactions, they lose time they could be using to create playable elites, split-screen, working theater, etc.
I doubt a marketing team(the guys that advertise and handle the financial aspects of the game) would be in charge of playable elites, most likely the creative team that'd be handling that, the optimization team handling split screen, LAN play, the servers, etc etc.

i won't blame the lack of elites or split screen on Microtransactions or the E-sports crowd, the blame goes to 343 simply not doing it cause they think it's unneeded or else they'd have it. We know they're full well aware people want it, they've commented on it, it's all a matter of how important do they think it is at this point.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
I doubt a marketing team(the guys that advertise and handle the financial aspects of the game) would be in charge of playable elites, most likely the creative team that'd be handling that, the optimization team handling split screen, LAN play, the servers, etc etc.

i won't blame the lack of elites or split screen on Microtransactions or the E-sports crowd, the blame goes to 343 simply not doing it cause they think it's unneeded or else they'd have it. We know they're full well aware people want it, they've commented on it, it's all a matter of how important do they think it is at this point.
I'm sure that since they've commented on the matter, they'd introduce them eventually. I doubt it would be in a Halo 5 update, but if so, then dope. More of a chance for the next Halo title. If they don't introduce the Sangheili even after the acknowledgement, then there's another Halo 5 incident for you.
C0RRuPTT wrote:

It is most definitely 343 & Microsoft's fault at the end of the day. But, we still have things in the game we do not need, while we are missing out on items we do need.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:

It is most definitely 343 & Microsoft's fault at the end of the day. But, we still have things in the game we do not need, while we are missing out on items we do need.
I just hope that they don't pull a "Please go play (insert Halo title here), thanks". Like they did whit LNG and Hidden xperia, when it came to sprint, I mean, I get that he couldn't just say 'ok, can do'! But it was still rather uncalled for, if you ask me.
I would love to see elite back in halo 6
Well for H6 they're supposedly adding split-screen back, so playable Sangheili aren't completely out of the question.

Since 343i most likely will continue down the path of microtransactions, they should remove some of the more useless armour reskins and numerous visors of similar colour, add a Sangheili player model, and replace those removed items with Elite armour permutations. Or just make it half spartan, half Sangheili reqs
Well for H6 they're supposedly adding split-screen back, so playable Sangheili aren't completely out of the question.

Since 343i most likely will continue down the path of microtransactions, they should remove some of the more useless armour reskins and numerous visors of similar colour, add a Sangheili player model, and replace those removed items with Elite armour permutations. Or just make it half spartan, half Sangheili reqs
Sounds plausible, seeing as micro transactions -as much of a cancer they are- are here to stay. But man, I miss when the elites not only were stealthy, but also heavy lifters, holding fuelrod cannons whit one hand and such. Like, I miss when the elites were like the alien equivulent of the spartan, masters of wars every art, be it stealth, artilery or close quarter combat prowes etc.

Sounds plausible, seeing as micro transactions -as much of a cancer they are- are here to stay. But man, I miss when the elites not only were stealthy, but also heavy lifters, holding fuelrod cannons whit one hand and such. Like, I miss when the elites were like the alien equivulent of the spartan, masters of wars every art, be it stealth, artilery or close quarter combat prowes etc.
this was something cool.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:

I just hope that they don't pull a "Please go play (insert Halo title here), thanks". Like they did whit LNG and Hidden xperia, when it came to sprint, I mean, I get that he couldn't just say 'ok, can do'! But it was still rather uncalled for, if you ask me.
I agree. I love Halo 2, don't get me wrong. But I, and many others would greatly enjoy a new Halo without sprint.
Playing without sprint really doesn't make sense now since we're supposed to be playing as enhanced super-soldiers (and there's also the fact that it was planned to be in CE, so yeah)

I love H3, but man the pace is slow and hard to get used to whenever I switch games
Playing without sprint really doesn't make sense now since we're supposed to be playing as enhanced super-soldiers (and there's also the fact that it was planned to be in CE, so yeah)
Try playing DOOM then, either the original or the new one works. Halo, at its best, is an arena shooter, and good arena shooters are always closer to DOOM in feel than they are to CoD. Not to mention, quality of gameplay matters more than in-canon logic. Who cares if these people should be able to sprint if the game isn't as fun.
So sprint affects gameplay quality that much, huh
GUYS, please
this topic's about ELITES, not about sprint

so again, please stay on topic
When, not if, they bring Sangheili back, give more customisation options like Elite-specific poses and assassinations. Reach was pitiful when it came to this kind of stuff, with those pre-made armours.

Better yet, I want to be able to switch between spartan and elite, and have all my chosen customisation settings in a saved preset for both (like H3)

I love H3, but man the pace is slow and hard to get used to whenever I switch games
1th. Where did you hear this?

2nd. Even if this was true, they ultimately decided against it for 4 games.

3rd. I think your talking about in halo 2 how they had a brief consideration of maybe adding sprint. This was brought up when a modder found a thing in halo 2's codeing and everyone assumed it was suppsed to be added.

4th. My personal opinion, I prefer slower pased halo. I think to build up a community around slower passed gameplay only to change the formula was a bad idea.
Whats everyone's favorite Sangheili armor? Mine would definitely be the classic shark fin helmet from halo 2. (Classic halo 2 btw)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 840
  4. 841
  5. 842
  6. 843
  7. 844
  8. ...
  9. 849