3. 871
  4. 872
  5. 873
  6. 874
  7. 875
  8. ...
  9. 924
saifa117 wrote:
E3 is 2 months away and I really wanna know if my yearning for Elites in MP payed off. I’ve been wanting since reach, but didn’t complain until 4 because... I was able to somewhat play as an Elite in Reach, and evade, a signature elite move came with it which I appreciated greatly. When they return, (which I really hope they do next main game) I do have some of my own opinions to input. I personally prefer fast and sleek, like I always get that elites were called dinosaurs and I really see even 343 has been building on top of that, as with halo 4’s zealots looking like a velociraptor XD. That’s how I imagine elites. And there are other armors 343 designed for elites to capitalize on that theme as well. But I believe they made them slower in concept ... which I also think they fixed in halo wars 2.i get that there are different subspecies and what not, I’m not gonna get too deep into the lore... all I am asking for are my fast looking Dino’s XD. However they aren’t incorporated into mp I will be happy.
Actually, Dinosaurs are much more closely related to Birds than to reptiles, meaning that, if anything, Kig-Yar are what should be nicknamed dinos, and the idea of calling Sangheili that is just a bunch of bull.
So the fan-made halo game "Installation 01" released some concept art of their updated Elite design. It looks like the perfect mix between the halo 4/5 and halo 2 anniversary facial structure and the physiology of the reach elites (this time without sausage toes!). They look amazing and upon closer inspection of the other side of their face I would change only one thing, I would give them forward facing eyes. Other than that, props to the In01 dev team for doing our favourite warrior aliens justice!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
So the fan-made halo game "Installation 01" released some concept art of their updated Elite design. It looks like the perfect mix between the halo 4/5 and halo 2 anniversary facial structure and the physiology of the reach elites (this time without sausage toes!). They look amazing and upon closer inspection of the other side of their face I would change only one thing, I would give them forward facing eyes. Other than that, props to the In01 dev team for doing our favourite warrior aliens justice!
To be honest I enjoy the Sausage toes of the Reach Sangheili. Although I love this design!
I still think Reach had the perfect design for elites other than the pitch black eyes. However, I like some of the armour designs for elites in halo 5 better.
I think its best to respect and love all Elite designs, regardless of New or old art style. I'll always say there should be a mix of art styles so it doesn't end up looking too bland, too complicated (complicated works for films, but not for videogames), too lifeless or too overstuffed.
I think its best to respect and love all Elite designs, regardless of New or old art style. I'll always say there should be a mix of art styles so it doesn't end up looking too bland, too complicated (complicated works for films, but not for videogames), too lifeless or too overstuffed.
Gotta agree with you there, I honestly hope to see both old and new elite designs in Halo 6 although I do see how that could cause problems it would still be nice to see both designs
So 343 said that Halo 6 "will be all about Master Chief, no new playable characters"
I really hope the "no new playable characters" part doesn't rule out playable elites returning to Halo 6
So 343 said that Halo 6 "will be all about Master Chief, no new playable characters"
I really hope the "no new playable characters" part doesn't rule out playable elites returning to Halo 6
I don't necessarily agree there should be no other playable characters, Locke, despite the fact people don't like him, I think deserves his place, as does the Arbiter, but the rest of Osiris and Blue Team don't need to be playable.

I don't think that rules out playable elites anyway, just no playable elites in campaign.
I think they were talking specifically about campaign, if 343 wants Halo 6 to sell and not flop then there will have to be playable elites, of course I'm not saying Halo 6's success will be determined by playable elites but it will get 343 back on the good side of the fans
and after all this time, 343 still hasn't added playable elites... it's just pathetic...

but on the bright side it would appear that the old elite design will be coming back! judging on the fact that H6 has a new art director, and everyone loved the art style in HW2!
saifa117 wrote:
E3 is 2 months away and I really wanna know if my yearning for Elites in MP payed off. I’ve been wanting since reach, but didn’t complain until 4 because... I was able to somewhat play as an Elite in Reach, and evade, a signature elite move came with it which I appreciated greatly. When they return, (which I really hope they do next main game) I do have some of my own opinions to input. I personally prefer fast and sleek, like I always get that elites were called dinosaurs and I really see even 343 has been building on top of that, as with halo 4’s zealots looking like a velociraptor XD. That’s how I imagine elites. And there are other armors 343 designed for elites to capitalize on that theme as well. But I believe they made them slower in concept ... which I also think they fixed in halo wars 2.i get that there are different subspecies and what not, I’m not gonna get too deep into the lore... all I am asking for are my fast looking Dino’s XD. However they aren’t incorporated into mp I will be happy.
If elites are playable in Halo 6 at E3 that will add Halo 6 to the list of games.
I wonder how far they would go with customization. Using the old armor sets from the previous games or just making completely new ones?
Ado Ulamee wrote:
I wonder how far they would go with customization. Using the old armor sets from the previous games or just making completely new ones?
Or, hopefully, doing something like this.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Would love that, with what they did with spartans one would think that might be possible.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Would love that, with what they did with spartans one would think that might be possible.
I would hope so, while there were a great number of reskins of already existing armors in Halo 5, there were 102 Helmets that were redesigns and not just different color schemes. This list of Sangheili combat harnesses only has 41 armors on it, so maybe the extra time 343 is ostensibly taking on the production of Halo 6 is for playable Sangheili.
I think elites should defiantly make a return to halo 6 even if it’s just with social slayer or ranked elite slayer, it could be interesting to see what 343i could do with the new elites in slayer. Especially with the incredible forge we have the possibilities of what the community could create is endless as it is, but adding elites would benefit so much for halos community. Just imagine elite slayer with carbines and storm rifles on the covenant themes maps, sounds like a good time to me.
and while 343 is at it, the should add the plasma repeater!

I really like how ChocolateRay618 designed the customization, especially the ability to switch between subspecies, I personally like the classic sangheili design, but I know there are others who prefer the new one.
and along with all the subspecies ChocolateRay named I think another cool addition would be a Ripa Moramee-esque subspecies.
Ashmodath wrote:

I really like how ChocolateRay618 designed the customization, especially the ability to switch between subspecies, I personally like the classic sangheili design, but I know there are others who prefer the new one.
and along with all the subspecies ChocolateRay named I think another cool addition would be a Ripa Moramee-esque subspecies.
The Plasma Repeater, projectile speed aside (which is not that fast and useful anyway) don't have anything for itself. Even if the weapon had something, 'useless' is probably not enough.

No noticeable difference in damage versus the Assault Rifle and probably the least shield-damaging plasma weapon in the entire game (Halo: Reach) , the only advantage over the assault rifle is the fact the reticle start going backwards after spreading too much and that's only with bottomless clip enabled + crouch, only one shot needed to cancel.

Overall, the Assault Rifle can be used for a lot of things and perform better, also the repeater run out of units too fast.
Ashmodath wrote:

The Plasma Repeater, projectile speed aside (which is not that fast and useful anyway) don't have anything for itself. Even if the weapon had something, 'useless' is probably not enough.

No noticeable difference in damage versus the Assault Rifle and probably the least shield-damaging plasma weapon in the entire game (Halo: Reach) , the only advantage over the assault rifle is the fact the reticle start going backwards after spreading too much and that's only with bottomless clip enabled + crouch, only one shot needed to cancel.

Overall, the Assault Rifle can be used for a lot of things and perform better, also the repeater run out of units too fast.
I was more thinking that they could replace the storm rifle with it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 871
  4. 872
  5. 873
  6. 874
  7. 875
  8. ...
  9. 924