2. ...
  3. 875
  4. 876
  5. 877
  6. 878
  7. 879
  8. ...
  9. 938
Currently, it has 17510 replies. 17511 with this one. By the rings. It's certainly a sign that people REALLY want playable Elites. Is this the biggest thread?
This is basically God's thread.

But in all seriousness I think a new phenotype would be nice to see as well, but I would much prefer it alongside the ones that currently exist already.

And Brutes, I've been thinking it over lately and I think Brutes being playable is now even more important, as far as I'm concerned, they are just as important as any species in Halo, but of course, baby steps as I've said already, Elites first.
Currently, it has 17510 replies. 17511 with this one. By the rings. It's certainly a sign that people REALLY want playable Elites. Is this the biggest thread?
And Brutes, I've been thinking it over lately and I think Brutes being playable is now even more important, as far as I'm concerned, they are just as important as any species in Halo, but of course, baby steps as I've said already, Elites first.
It wouldn't really be that good as everyone thinks. The Elites were made playable because they're basically the Spartans of the Covenant. They're your equal. Brutes are vastly different, as they barely have shielding or none at all, have superior strength and probably wouldn't fit in any Human vehicles unlike the Elites.
It wouldn't really be that good as everyone thinks. The Elites were made playable because they're basically the Spartans of the Covenant. They're your equal. Brutes are vastly different, as they barely have shielding or none at all, have superior strength and probably wouldn't fit in any Human vehicles unlike the Elites.
That can easily be worked around, by giving them shielding and armour and then making them a suitable size for such, I would personally prefer to see them in H2A's style, as they are my favourite. If you were to consult modders of Halos 2 and 3, you'd see that Brutes very well fit into any vehicle really, with a few bits poking out, but that can easily be worked around if the anthropometrics and ergonomics of the Brutes is made to suit the vehicles or vice versa.
That can easily be worked around, by giving them shielding and armour and then making them a suitable size for such, I would personally prefer to see them in H2A's style, as they are my favourite. If you were to consult modders of Halos 2 and 3, you'd see that Brutes very well fit into any vehicle really, with a few bits poking out, but that can easily be worked around if the anthropometrics and ergonomics of the Brutes is made to suit the vehicles or vice versa.
Honestly, that makes no sense. It still doesn't fix the vastly superior strength they have compared to any other specie. Vehicles like the Hornet or Falcon for example would still be too big. I'm sorry but downsizing Brutes just so they fit in Human vehicles sounds stupid in my head.
Honestly, that makes no sense. It still doesn't fix the vastly superior strength they have compared to any other specie. Vehicles like the Hornet or Falcon for example would still be too big. I'm sorry but downsizing Brutes just so they fit in Human vehicles sounds stupid in my head.
Making it fit into canon would be quite a silly idea, I doubt in real canon Spartans can actually kill each other with two punches, and now we have seen a fight compared with Locke and Chief that is basically proven. Downsizing (much) them doesn't need to happen, for example: https://nakedcrook.deviantart.com/art/Brute-Stalker-14-312619289, https://nakedcrook.deviantart.com/art/Brute-Stalker-4-312608315. As you can see, for the most part, these guys fit inside the vehicles near perfectly, a few animation differences and slight size adjustments. Of course the animations aren't perfect at all because the Brutes were never animated for these vehicles really, but they did design them well enough.

Honestly, stopping ourselves from having something like the Brutes which could vastly expand the playing field of the games because of a few petty issues that can be resolved with relative ease seems like the stupid thing in my head. But hey, that's just my personal opinion.

But as I said, baby steps, walk before we run, Brutes are a fight I will continue to support and remind of, but lets not have it take over this thread.
Making it fit into canon would be quite a silly idea, I doubt in real canon Spartans can actually kill each other with two punches, and now we have seen a fight compared with Locke and Chief that is basically proven. Downsizing (much) them doesn't need to happen, for example: https://nakedcrook.deviantart.com/art/Brute-Stalker-14-312619289, https://nakedcrook.deviantart.com/art/Brute-Stalker-4-312608315. As you can see, for the most part, these guys fit inside the vehicles near perfectly, a few animation differences and slight size adjustments. Of course the animations aren't perfect at all because the Brutes were never animated for these vehicles really, but they did design them well enough.

Honestly, stopping ourselves from having something like the Brutes which could vastly expand the playing field of the games because of a few petty issues that can be resolved with relative ease seems like the stupid thing in my head. But hey, that's just my personal opinion.
Are you kidding? They're huge inside the Warthog. Neither Spartans or Elites can reach higher than the Turret in the passenger, while the Brute can.

But in all seriousness I think a new phenotype would be nice to see as well, but I would much prefer it alongside the ones that currently exist already.

Halo infinite is our best bet. I hope they are thinking about thing hard.

Halo infinite is our best bet. I hope they are thinking about thing hard.
Me personally, I think it would be a great idea to have Brutes be playable alongside Spartans and Elites, but that size issue is pretty important. Unless they somehow manage to prevent Brute players from being in certain vehicles (Warthogs, Hornets, Falcons, etc.), or make those vehicles bigger to fit them, I don't know how Brutes would work. Like, preventing Brute players from using vehicles seems fine to me but I'm sure some of you might disagree.
Since Halo Infinite is going to a classic art style I'd like to see the Elites playable again. It's been far too long. (Their hit boxes in H3 were exactly the same.)
Brutes are bigger than Elites and Elites barely fit into a Scorpion or a Warthog.
Brutes are bigger than Elites and Elites barely fit into a Scorpion or a Warthog.
Never stopped the Elites form fitting into them.
But it's because they're basically the Spartans of the Covenant. They're simply slightly taller. Brutes on the other hand are larger and wouldn't fit into Falcons (for example).
But it's because they're basically the Spartans of the Covenant. They're simply slightly taller. Brutes on the other hand are larger and wouldn't fit into Falcons (for example).
Considering Halo has entered into a universe where there can be aliens which look like both birds and dinosaurs, I don't think 343i would have any issue with making another type of Brutes that are as large as Spartans. Pygmy Brutes, if you will.
They shouldn't be able to do that when you see them in the games, they can probably use the seats that are too small for them but not with the same position as humans.

And in Reach, multiple UNSC weapons, if they can, the finger going for the trigger can barely fit because of the guard usually very close.
Delta5931 wrote:
Considering Halo has entered into a universe where there can be aliens which look like both birds and dinosaurs, I don't think 343i would have any issue with making another type of Brutes that are as large as Spartans. Pygmy Brutes, if you will.
That still doesn't fix the strength issue. A typical Brute's strength id like the Meta from RvB, only probably superior. Plus, the phenotypes only vary on appearance. Strength, speed, etc. isn't affected. Making a new Brute specie as small as Spartans just for the sake of making Brutes playable would neglect their description as large creatures with incredible strength. Oh, and I just though about another issue while writing. Brutes are incredibly resilient, even more so than Spartan, giving Brute players a strength and resilience advantage.
Delta5931 wrote:
That still doesn't fix the strength issue. A typical Brute's strength id like the Meta from RvB, only probably superior. Plus, the phenotypes only vary on appearance. Strength, speed, etc. isn't affected. Making a new Brute specie as small as Spartans just for the sake of making Brutes playable would neglect their description as large creatures with incredible strength. Oh, and I just though about another issue while writing. Brutes are incredibly resilient, even more so than Spartan, giving Brute players a strength and resilience advantage.
Okay, even though I support playable brutes eventually showing up, they are consuming the conversation and we need to move on.
Delta5931 wrote:
Okay, even though I support playable brutes eventually showing up, they are consuming the conversation and we need to move on.
Agreed on that one.

Lets hope Halo Infinite will give us what we've been looking for.
Delta5931 wrote:
Agreed on that one.

Indeed, though I still believe the strength issue is non existent, considering that's just canon and multiplayer does not work as canon when you get to the down and dirty details of it.

I know it may be much to ask, but alongside all armours we've seen in every Halo game for the Elites, I should hope that they add a huge swath of more like they do game after game for the Elites. As with assassinations, stances, weapon skins, armour abilities (but usable by all because for some reason that seems to be an argument that both should not have the same abilities, even though that was the case in Reach, and in terms of logic, if an Elite puts Armour lock on the exact same way a Spartan does, he's gonna be able to use it).

After all the cool stuff we got in Halo 5, it unfortunately has the glaring fault of it not being shared between species, and the potential for all the stuff has only barely been expanded upon for lore purposes.
Delta5931 wrote:
Agreed on that one.

Indeed, though I still believe the strength issue is non existent, considering that's just canon and multiplayer does not work as canon when you get to the down and dirty details of it.

I know it may be much to ask, but alongside all armours we've seen in every Halo game for the Elites, I should hope that they add a huge swath of more like they do game after game for the Elites. As with assassinations, stances, weapon skins, armour abilities (but usable by all because for some reason that seems to be an argument that both should not have the same abilities, even though that was the case in Reach, and in terms of logic, if an Elite puts Armour lock on the exact same way a Spartan does, he's gonna be able to use it).

After all the cool stuff we got in Halo 5, it unfortunately has the glaring fault of it not being shared between species, and the potential for all the stuff has only barely been expanded upon for lore purposes.
Honestly, I really only support the return of Spartan Abilities that the Spartans can physically do on their own (i.e. sprint, clamber, slide, and seat switching). Everything else I believe should be excluded or only available in armor abilities that you aren't available to choose in loadouts before you spawn. Such armor abilities (Such as jetpack, thruster pack, active camo) could be scattered about a map or even absent from certain maps as an easy way to keep things balanced. These concepts would also allow elites to enter a game with the same abilities as a spartan.
Delta5931 wrote:
Agreed on that one.

Honestly, I really only support the return of Spartan Abilities that the Spartans can physically do on their own (i.e. sprint, clamber, slide, and seat switching). Everything else I believe should be excluded or only available in armor abilities that you aren't available to choose in loadouts before you spawn. Such armor abilities (Such as jetpack, thruster pack, active camo) could be scattered about a map or even absent from certain maps as an easy way to keep things balanced. These concepts would also allow elites to enter a game with the same abilities as a spartan.
Seat switching was a spartan ability?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 875
  4. 876
  5. 877
  6. 878
  7. 879
  8. ...
  9. 938