3. 876
  4. 877
  5. 878
  6. 879
  7. 880
  8. ...
  9. 907
Delta5931 wrote:
Brutes are bigger than Elites and Elites barely fit into a Scorpion or a Warthog.
Never stopped the Elites form fitting into them.
But it's because they're basically the Spartans of the Covenant. They're simply slightly taller. Brutes on the other hand are larger and wouldn't fit into Falcons (for example).
Considering Halo has entered into a universe where there can be aliens which look like both birds and dinosaurs, I don't think 343i would have any issue with making another type of Brutes that are as large as Spartans. Pygmy Brutes, if you will.
That still doesn't fix the strength issue. A typical Brute's strength id like the Meta from RvB, only probably superior. Plus, the phenotypes only vary on appearance. Strength, speed, etc. isn't affected. Making a new Brute specie as small as Spartans just for the sake of making Brutes playable would neglect their description as large creatures with incredible strength. Oh, and I just though about another issue while writing. Brutes are incredibly resilient, even more so than Spartan, giving Brute players a strength and resilience advantage.
Okay, even though I support playable brutes eventually showing up, they are consuming the conversation and we need to move on.
Agreed on that one.

Lets hope Halo Infinite will give us what we've been looking for.
Indeed, though I still believe the strength issue is non existent, considering that's just canon and multiplayer does not work as canon when you get to the down and dirty details of it.

I know it may be much to ask, but alongside all armours we've seen in every Halo game for the Elites, I should hope that they add a huge swath of more like they do game after game for the Elites. As with assassinations, stances, weapon skins, armour abilities (but usable by all because for some reason that seems to be an argument that both should not have the same abilities, even though that was the case in Reach, and in terms of logic, if an Elite puts Armour lock on the exact same way a Spartan does, he's gonna be able to use it).

After all the cool stuff we got in Halo 5, it unfortunately has the glaring fault of it not being shared between species, and the potential for all the stuff has only barely been expanded upon for lore purposes.
Honestly, I really only support the return of Spartan Abilities that the Spartans can physically do on their own (i.e. sprint, clamber, slide, and seat switching). Everything else I believe should be excluded or only available in armor abilities that you aren't available to choose in loadouts before you spawn. Such armor abilities (Such as jetpack, thruster pack, active camo) could be scattered about a map or even absent from certain maps as an easy way to keep things balanced. These concepts would also allow elites to enter a game with the same abilities as a spartan.
Seat switching was a spartan ability?
I consider it one.
Delta5931 wrote:
Brutes are bigger than Elites and Elites barely fit into a Scorpion or a Warthog.
But it's because they're basically the Spartans of the Covenant. They're simply slightly taller. Brutes on the other hand are larger and wouldn't fit into Falcons (for example).
Considering Halo has entered into a universe where there can be aliens which look like both birds and dinosaurs, I don't think 343i would have any issue with making another type of Brutes that are as large as Spartans. Pygmy Brutes, if you will.
That still doesn't fix the strength issue. A typical Brute's strength id like the Meta from RvB, only probably superior. Plus, the phenotypes only vary on appearance. Strength, speed, etc. isn't affected. Making a new Brute specie as small as Spartans just for the sake of making Brutes playable would neglect their description as large creatures with incredible strength. Oh, and I just though about another issue while writing. Brutes are incredibly resilient, even more so than Spartan, giving Brute players a strength and resilience advantage.
Okay, even though I support playable brutes eventually showing up, they are consuming the conversation and we need to move on.
Agreed on that one.

Indeed, though I still believe the strength issue is non existent, considering that's just canon and multiplayer does not work as canon when you get to the down and dirty details of it.

I know it may be much to ask, but alongside all armours we've seen in every Halo game for the Elites, I should hope that they add a huge swath of more like they do game after game for the Elites. As with assassinations, stances, weapon skins, armour abilities (but usable by all because for some reason that seems to be an argument that both should not have the same abilities, even though that was the case in Reach, and in terms of logic, if an Elite puts Armour lock on the exact same way a Spartan does, he's gonna be able to use it).

After all the cool stuff we got in Halo 5, it unfortunately has the glaring fault of it not being shared between species, and the potential for all the stuff has only barely been expanded upon for lore purposes.
Honestly, I really only support the return of Spartan Abilities that the Spartans can physically do on their own (i.e. sprint, clamber, slide, and seat switching). Everything else I believe should be excluded or only available in armor abilities that you aren't available to choose in loadouts before you spawn. Such armor abilities (Such as jetpack, thruster pack, active camo) could be scattered about a map or even absent from certain maps as an easy way to keep things balanced. These concepts would also allow elites to enter a game with the same abilities as a spartan.
I consider it one.
Sorry to stray again, but I'm not sure if there's a major playable Brute thread. If anything, just create one, I'm sure plenty of us would write there too. Back to the topic. I don't think all Spartan abilities should be shared with the Elites. The Spartan Lock? Yes. The Jetpack? Yes. Active Camo? Obviously, but the thruster pack is one that I don't really support, because the Elite can just have a charge ability. It would look a bit weird to see an Elite with a thruster pack, but then again with the returning art style, who knows? Maybe it would look good and I'm over thinking it. I would just enjoy to see the Elites with unique abilities that really make your Elite an Elite.
Delta5931 wrote:
Agreed on that one.

I consider it one.
Sorry to stray again, but I'm not sure if there's a major playable Brute thread. If anything, just create one, I'm sure plenty of us would write there too. Back to the topic. I don't think all Spartan abilities should be shared with the Elites. The Spartan Lock? Yes. The Jetpack? Yes. Active Camo? Obviously, but the thruster pack is one that I don't really support, because the Elite can just have a charge ability. It would look a bit weird to see an Elite with a thruster pack, but then again with the returning art style, who knows? Maybe it would look good and I'm over thinking it. I would just enjoy to see the Elites with unique abilities that really make your Elite an Elite.
I think you misinterpreted what I said. The only Spartan Abilities that should come back are the ones that don't require a thruster pack. All of these would be shared among the Sangheili. However, Armor Abilities such as Jetpack, Active Camo, etc. I would want to be more akin to weapons scattered about a map and aren't something you can spawn with.
Delta5931 wrote:
Agreed on that one.

I consider it one.
I think you misinterpreted what I said. The only Spartan Abilities that should come back are the ones that don't require a thruster pack. All of these would be shared among the Sangheili. However, Armor Abilities such as Jetpack, Active Camo, etc. I would want to be more akin to weapons scattered about a map and aren't something you can spawn with.
No I'm sorry, I wasn't directly referring to you, I was just explaining my standpoint on Spartan Abilities. But if you want me to respond to your idea then no problem. Me personally, I hate the thruster idea on Spartans. I just don't feel like thruster packs really fit Spartans (especially Elites), so I agree that the thruster pack abilities shouldn't return.
i loved the elites in halo 3 and reach because you can change what they look like and it reinforces the idea that spartans and elites are equal
i loved the elites in halo 3 and reach because you can change what they look like and it reinforces the idea that spartans and elites are equal
If you're referring to interchangable armor, that isn't an option for Elites in Reach.
If you're referring to interchangable armor, that isn't an option for Elites in Reach.
Well, at least the armor sets looked really sick and awesome. My favorite being the Field Marshall probably because of the authority and respect a Sangheili Field Marshall gets in the Covenant military. Of course, that doesn't matter in multiplayer but just having that idea in my head makes me proud to wear it. It's right behind the Supreme Commander.
Well, at least the armor sets looked really sick and awesome. My favorite being the Field Marshall probably because of the authority and respect a Sangheili Field Marshall gets in the Covenant military. Of course, that doesn't matter in multiplayer but just having that idea in my head makes me proud to wear it. It's right behind the Supreme Commander.
Yeah Reach's selection of armors was pretty diverse and allowed for the impersonation of a lot of Sangheili ranks which was pretty cool. Of course, there are so many more.

Also, Field Marshal is not right behind Supreme Commander. In fact, they aren't even in the same division as one is terrestrial and the other is naval. That's akin to saying that Army General is right behind Fleet Admiral in the UNSC. They're just not comparable in that way as they are two separate branches of the military.
Rangers in Halo 2 have two big things behind that can perfectly be used as thruster for another game.
Rangers in Halo 2 have two big things behind that can perfectly be used as thruster for another game.
That's an anti-gravity pack, that's very different.
Can be used just fine as thruster pack.
Can be used just fine as thruster pack.
They're not exactly comparable. The thruster pack is meant to be used in periods of only a few seconds of time before it must recharge. It is used to temporarily boost your speed or keep you suspended in the air for a brief time.

The anti-gravity pack, on the other hand, has a significant advantage in that it can permanently maintain your altitude and even continue raising it, a feature that is absent from the UNSC thruster pack, but not from the Covenant thruster pack.
The anti-gravity pack, on the other hand, has a significant advantage in that it can permanently maintain your altitude and even continue raising it, a feature that is absent from the UNSC thruster pack, but not from the Covenant thruster pack.
Can be used as thruster pack just fine, again... two big things behind like the Spartan armor, change what the stuff is supposed to do.
From what I heard Elites where almost impossible to headshot from behind hence their removal. Very unfortunate. It’s almost as if every game we lose more and more customization.
Customisation is definitely a problem that needs some solving, but I think if Infinite has enough time and effort pooled into it, customisation for Elites, Spartans, and anything else that may appear should reach its peak.

I truly believe that if we can get just some of these things, Infinite can truly be beyond awesome.
Customisation is definitely a problem that needs some solving, but I think if Infinite has enough time and effort pooled into it, customisation for Elites, Spartans, and anything else that may appear should reach its peak.

I truly believe that if we can get just some of these things, Infinite can truly be beyond awesome.
I agree, adding playable Elites customization would be grand. Heck I'd be down for just customizing the helmet and shoulders personally.
From what I heard Elites where almost impossible to headshot from behind hence their removal. Very unfortunate. It’s almost as if every game we lose more and more customization.
You’re most likely talking about Halo 3. Bungie conformed that they have the same hit box. The elite’s Head is technically the upper piece of its back, it’s just that a lot of Spartan Players don’t know the hit box of an Elite too well.
How to people say halo is evolving getting better if they remove the thing that makes HALO,HALO.

Elites are much,much more then customization.
They are the reason why the community on reach lasted for 5-7 years .Halo 5 no elites ,no conflict, no drama. Its just spartan's against Spartans very boring.
Those days when being a sangheili online meant your a supporter of elites.Spartan would hate you,vise versa.Sangheili would never kill another sangheili because there enemy was spartan s.

Elites are the reason why the halo community keeps strong DIVERSITY.
If they add brutes too, that's 3 species , 3 groups trying to prove who's best.

Halo infinite NEEDS elites or the community will be the same like h5 and h4.
OxDaV wrote:
How to people say halo is evolving getting better if they remove the thing that makes HALO,HALO.

They are the reason why the community on reach lasted for 5-7 years .Halo 5 no elites ,no conflict, no drama. Its just spartan's against Spartans very boring.
Those days when being a sangheili online meant your a supporter of elites.Spartan would hate you,vise versa.Sangheili would never kill another sangheili because there enemy was spartan s.

Great speech my brother.
OxDaV wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly with all that you said except that Sangheili did fight Sangheili on Reach and previous games. Same with Spartans.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 876
  4. 877
  5. 878
  6. 879
  7. 880
  8. ...
  9. 907