2. ...
  3. 879
  4. 880
  5. 881
  6. 882
  7. 883
  8. ...
  9. 899
I agree would like to see playable elites my only question is why post something about halo 4 in the halo 5 forum?
It used to be in Halo 4 but was moved to Halo 5 because it's discussing about the Elites being playable in 343's Halo, and not Halo 4 alone. It has so many posts that it's now impossible to move it to Halo Infinite's.
Were elites ever considered for h5? if this thread did start in H4, I don't see why they wouldn't be in H5.
That's beyond me.
Trust me, there's plenty of reasons why Elites aren't in 5. The main one has to do with Spartan Abilities.
Hmm all the abilities could be transferable though no?? Not that it really matters now, but im sure they could both work the same. WZA with elites vs spartans, vrey invasionesqe, would of been great.
Remember, Elites fight with honor and I'm sure flying around left and right looks cowardly or stupid in their eyes, not to mention that a bulky-like Elite wouldn't look right flying around.... left and right.
meh no different then the barrel rolls they did flying around in reach. Oh well, we shall see what happens with infinite.
Not really. Only Rangers had jetpack. Yet the only ones that flew around are those in New Alexandria's Hospital. Then, nothing more. Elites much prefer using their own strength and speed rather than relying on machinery unless there's no choice.
I agree would like to see playable elites my only question is why post something about halo 4 in the halo 5 forum?
It used to be in Halo 4 but was moved to Halo 5 because it's discussing about the Elites being playable in 343's Halo, and not Halo 4 alone. It has so many posts that it's now impossible to move it to Halo Infinite's.
Were elites ever considered for h5? if this thread did start in H4, I don't see why they wouldn't be in H5.
That's beyond me.
Trust me, there's plenty of reasons why Elites aren't in 5. The main one has to do with Spartan Abilities.
Hmm all the abilities could be transferable though no?? Not that it really matters now, but im sure they could both work the same. WZA with elites vs spartans, vrey invasionesqe, would of been great.
Remember, Elites fight with honor and I'm sure flying around left and right looks cowardly or stupid in their eyes, not to mention that a bulky-like Elite wouldn't look right flying around.... left and right.
meh no different then the barrel rolls they did flying around in reach. Oh well, we shall see what happens with infinite.
Not really. Only Rangers had jetpack. Yet the only ones that flew around are those in New Alexandria's Hospital. Then, nothing more. Elites much prefer using their own strength and speed rather than relying on machinery unless there's no choice.
You've lost me. Im talking about elites in MM like they did in H3. I don't see the problem.
That's beyond me.
You've lost me. Im talking about elites in MM like they did in H3. I don't see the problem.
Wha-... You literally talked about Reach in your previous comment...
That's beyond me.
Wha-... You literally talked about Reach in your previous comment...
Yes, only since we were talking about abilities. Then I referenced H3 since elites & spartans played in harmony in the MP
I personally believe that abilities shouldn't be a problem at all, can't we just say that Elites and Spartans can have the same abilities with different animations that suit each other? I'm still baffled that this is such a prominent argument when the solutions are so simple and obvious.

Spartans can use thruster packs, I'm sure Elites can too.

Spartans can perform a Ground Pound, I'm sure Elites probably could too. (I think the science of ground pounding can be a release of kinetic energy buildup in the armour, soemthing that could and probably would appear in both Spartan and Sangheili armour)

Spartans can use Armour lock, and so can Elites.

It's very simple, if it doesn't say anything about this stuff "in canon", then there's something called making new canon content,or just ignoring canon for the greater good of playability. The Sangheili are honourable yes, but not illogical, I'm sure if, especially under the less-restrictive remnant groups (SOS in particular), that if Sangheili are seeing foes or possible foes and allies using some form of combat-effective technology, they will put their heads together to remake it or make something to counter it. So there is no real reason as to why Elites should not have these abilities other than "It would look silly", that's what alternate animations are for.
The scary thing is, if Infinite releases 2020 even late 2020 then they realistically have less then two years to finish the game. I'm pretty sure somthing like playable Elites on a new engine would have to be developed early on, at this point I think playable Elites would either be locked in as yes or no. We can only hope, but honestly I'm don't know what 343 will do. Especially with them saying it will be a Chief focused game. I really don't see the Arbiter being playable again, I'd like multiplayer options though.
Well brothers if the MCC is successfully revived I believe we’ll finally have a place to call home...for now.
Well brothers if the MCC is successfully revived I believe we’ll finally have a place to call home...for now.
I'm happy to report that it's doing well.
I just want Infinite to bring back playable Elites as they were in H2/H3, where the character models are all treated equally, and can be used in every mode. Similar hitboxes, same stats.

I realize the newer games have made Elites seem "larger," and less hunched-over, which some people prefer. However, I personally would rather see 343 bring back the H3-style Elite models- especially if it means making them universally playable in MP.

Also, assuming Infinite will have a "firefight" mode, the possibility of playing as both Spartans and Elites in co-op would be amazing. It would fit canon, as well as offer something new to the series.
I just want Infinite to bring back playable Elites as they were in H2/H3, where the character models are all treated equally, and can be used in every mode. Similar hitboxes, same stats.

I realize the newer games have made Elites seem "larger," and less hunched-over, which some people prefer. However, I personally would rather see 343 bring back the H3-style Elite models- especially if it means making them universally playable in MP.

Also, assuming Infinite will have a "firefight" mode, the possibility of playing as both Spartans and Elites in co-op would be amazing. It would fit canon, as well as offer something new to the series.
I partially agree with you, but I personally have no problem with the way the models are, but I do agree that universal playability should be a thing. I think that for this reason the way that the models were treat in Reach works so well (apart from the heads, they could be just a tad smaller because snipers), but it wasn't able to birth much fruit because we could only play as Elites in very few situations. So this time, have a sort of mesh that works. Then have universal playability for all gamemodes that are not competitive, and maybe have a few gamemodes forcing you to play as an Elite regardless or a Spartan regardless (just so some of us, myself included, don't feel the compulsion to play only as Elites and never actually play as Spartans at all, because I know I would have this compulsion)

I really hope that firefight thing happens. That would be great, personally I'd like to see Reach Firefight and H5 Firefight both as playable modes in the game. But in both there is equal playability.

As long as the competitive people are kept happy, which admittedly we have to keep them happy, or else we risk the same problem with Elites being treat unfairly again, then we have enough balance for everything and everyone.

I wouldn't mind the new models as long as we get them in social playlists, BUT if 343 reverts back to a more classic elite style then I believe they should be in all modes including ranked, I don't care what they look like as long as we get them in social and warzone playlists and with the reveal of Halo Infinite it looks like the classic art style is coming back and hopefully for good with all future Halo titles
Kri7ikal07 wrote:

I wouldn't mind the new models as long as we get them in social playlists, BUT if 343 reverts back to a more classic elite style then I believe they should be in all modes including ranked, I don't care what they look like as long as we get them in social and warzone playlists and with the reveal of Halo Infinite it looks like the classic art style is coming back and hopefully for good with all future Halo titles
I agree that they SHOULD, but for the sake of avoiding future games from having Elites unplayable, in which their impact on competitive playlists was one of the major reasons behind which, then in my mind, we should give the competitive players what they want in a Spartans only ranked playlist. Again, we need to think about the long term effects of what we want, and make sure we can maintain a peaceful coexistence of Spartans and Elites, rather than end up screwing it up for them like it was screwed up before.
Kri7ikal07 wrote:

I agree that they SHOULD, but for the sake of avoiding future games from having Elites unplayable, in which their impact on competitive playlists was one of the major reasons behind which, then in my mind, we should give the competitive players what they want in a Spartans only ranked playlist. Again, we need to think about the long term effects of what we want, and make sure we can maintain a peaceful coexistence of Spartans and Elites, rather than end up screwing it up for them like it was screwed up before.
I really hope elites do make it into mm in infinite!
Im not sure if it's aloud and I'm not sure onto how to carry a thread over but could someone please carry this thread over too the infinite game section so that 343i can see more of this!
WWelchIII wrote:
Im not sure if it's aloud and I'm not sure onto how to carry a thread over but could someone please carry this thread over too the infinite game section so that 343i can see more of this!
It used to be in the Halo 4 thread, then was moved to Halo 5, but now it's not possible because it's too big.
WWelchIII wrote:
It used to be in the Halo 4 thread, then was moved to Halo 5, but now it's not possible because it's too big.
Which's strange since every Elite topic in the Infinite section seems to immediately get locked and the OP directed here.
Kri7ikal07 wrote:
I wouldn't mind the new models as long as we get them in social playlists, BUT if 343 reverts back to a more classic elite style then I believe they should be in all modes including ranked
Totally agree. H2, H2A, and H3 all have playable Elites in every mode (as far as I know?), with no competitive issues. And it's something a lot of fans have asking to have back since H4 launched, so I feel like it's been a long time coming. Especially with Infinite having a new "classic" approach, I feel like it's the perfect time to bring back the dinos, however you slice it.

Also, I'm *severely* partial to H3's Elite designs, and after seeing Chief's new "classic"-looking armor, I'm super eager to see what an updated H3-style Elite would look like in the Slipspace Engine.
881 pages. Not gonna read them.

Probably been said a couple hundred times, but here goes.

MP has never needed to be 'in cannon'.
Make a good campaign that is memorable and drives the story and cannon forward.
Then, make a good MP that is fun and balanced - no cannon required here. Put Elites or anything else you want in, as long it the gameplay works.
AshamanND wrote:
881 pages. Not gonna read them.

Probably been said a couple hundred times, but here goes.

MP has never needed to be 'in cannon'.
Make a good campaign that is memorable and drives the story and cannon forward.
Then, make a good MP that is fun and balanced - no cannon required here. Put Elites or anything else you want in, as long it the gameplay works.
Honestly if there gonna give a story to multiplayer they should either double down and go bonkers (kinda like how Fortnite is doing it) or nothing at all.
WWelchIII wrote:
Which's strange since every Elite topic in the Infinite section seems to immediately get locked and the OP directed here.
It's not strange. We may not be able to move the thread anymore, but this is still the official playable Sangheili thread.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 879
  4. 880
  5. 881
  6. 882
  7. 883
  8. ...
  9. 899