3. 880
  4. 881
  5. 882
  6. 883
  7. 884
  8. ...
  9. 898
Kri7ikal07 wrote:
I wouldn't mind the new models as long as we get them in social playlists, BUT if 343 reverts back to a more classic elite style then I believe they should be in all modes including ranked
Totally agree. H2, H2A, and H3 all have playable Elites in every mode (as far as I know?), with no competitive issues. And it's something a lot of fans have asking to have back since H4 launched, so I feel like it's been a long time coming. Especially with Infinite having a new "classic" approach, I feel like it's the perfect time to bring back the dinos, however you slice it.

Also, I'm *severely* partial to H3's Elite designs, and after seeing Chief's new "classic"-looking armor, I'm super eager to see what an updated H3-style Elite would look like in the Slipspace Engine.
I sure hope they don't use the H3 Sangheili, they just look terrible imo.
WWelchIII wrote:
Im not sure if it's aloud and I'm not sure onto how to carry a thread over but could someone please carry this thread over too the infinite game section so that 343i can see more of this!
It used to be in the Halo 4 thread, then was moved to Halo 5, but now it's not possible because it's too big.
Which's strange since every Elite topic in the Infinite section seems to immediately get locked and the OP directed here.
It's not strange. We may not be able to move the thread anymore, but this is still the official playable Sangheili thread.
In the wrong category.
WWelchIII wrote:
Im not sure if it's aloud and I'm not sure onto how to carry a thread over but could someone please carry this thread over too the infinite game section so that 343i can see more of this!
It used to be in the Halo 4 thread, then was moved to Halo 5, but now it's not possible because it's too big.
Which's strange since every Elite topic in the Infinite section seems to immediately get locked and the OP directed here.
It's not strange. We may not be able to move the thread anymore, but this is still the official playable Sangheili thread.
In the wrong category.
I don't what you're trying to say
WWelchIII wrote:
In the wrong category.
Likely meaning that it is ironically stuck here in the forums of a game that lacks what we want.
I've seen enough people who prefer the H4/H5 look (which still baffles me), but I'm pretty sure you're the first person I've seen who actively dislikes the old Elite design. What don't you like about them, in particular?

For me, I just hate the new "phenotype" -Yoink- 343 pulled with the Elites, because it was obviously just an art style change that they attempted to justify "canonically" (same with the rest of the covenant species). The new Elites are almost chubby-looking, and lack the lean muscularity that they always had, before. Part of it is the armor (helmets, in particular), which is just goofy, especially for the Elite Minors. Elites in H2/H3 were almost raptor-like, with sleek, aggressive armor designs that matched the agility of what Sangheili are supposed to embody.
I've seen enough people who prefer the H4/H5 look (which still baffles me), but I'm pretty sure you're the first person I've seen who actively dislikes the old Elite design. What don't you like about them, in particular?

For me, I just hate the new "phenotype" -Yoink- 343 pulled with the Elites, because it was obviously just an art style change that they attempted to justify "canonically" (same with the rest of the covenant species). The new Elites are almost chubby-looking, and lack the lean muscularity that they always had, before. Part of it is the armor (helmets, in particular), which is just goofy, especially for the Elite Minors. Elites in H2/H3 were almost raptor-like, with sleek, aggressive armor designs that matched the agility of what Sangheili are supposed to embody.
For starters, armor should never be considered when judging a subspecies. It's irrelevant.

Secondly, the argument that the 4/5 Sangheili annoy you because they were only canonized to justify an art style change is unfounded as it is certainly not the first time this has happened for Sangheili or other Covenant species. Halo Wars/Halo Legends: The Package had a phenotype that was distinct from previous Sangheili due to it's bulky upper body. Halo Legends: Origins 1/Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa had a phenotype that was distinct from previous Sangheili due to it's pale-colored skin, large tooth at the end of each mandible, and the osteoderms lining its head and back. Halo: Reach had a phenotype that was distinct from previous Sangheili due to it's stretched skin and extended snout. All of these have been confirmed to be canon.

I think what I like about the 4/5 phenotype that I don't like about the non-remastered 1-3 one is that it's distinct. It's clearly defined. I just don't get that vibe from the Halo 3 one. Plus it's way too hunched over lol.

(If you want to see what each of these phenotypes look like, you can check out my list here; Just click on "Various Species' Combat Harnesses/Subspecies" and Scroll to the bottom)
WWelchIII wrote:
In the wrong category.
It's pretty self-explanatory—it's the "official thread" in the wrong category of the forums. If posts pertaining to Halo Infinite are being directed to the Halo 5 section, then their feedback is essentially being sent into the void. Playable Elites are obviously a huge topic of discussion, but that discussion effectively ceases when the mods relegate any and all mention of it to a dead page. People who really want this feature to return aren't going to be able to keep the pressure up when their feedback on Halo Infinite is constantly squirreled away and turned into a Halo 5 topic.
WWelchIII wrote:
In the wrong category.
It's pretty self-explanatory—it's the "official thread" in the wrong category of the forums. If posts pertaining to Halo Infinite are being directed to the Halo 5 section, then their feedback is essentially being sent into the void. Playable Elites are obviously a huge topic of discussion, but that discussion effectively ceases when the mods relegate any and all mention of it to a dead page. People who really want this feature to return aren't going to be able to keep the pressure up when their feedback on Halo Infinite is constantly squirreled away and turned into a Halo 5 topic.
Just cause it's in the Halo 5 Forums doesn't mean the mods and even 343i aren't checking up on it and listening. Like I said, this is the official thread for it, so they have to keep their eyes on it. Our feedback does not go into the void.
WWelchIII wrote:
In the wrong category.
Just cause it's in the Halo 5 Forums doesn't mean the mods and even 343i aren't checking up on it and listening. Like I said, this is the official thread for it, so they have to keep their eyes on it. Our feedback does not go into the void.
Yes, but it goes without saying that when they're looking for pertinent feedback to Infinite, they're more likely to find it in the Infinite section than the Halo 5 section.
WWelchIII wrote:
Due to forum limitations it's not possible to movie this topic to the Infinite forums, it needs to stay here for the time being. We debated closing this one and starting fresh, but there is a lot of history in this one. For now all topics made in Infinite will be re-directed here
At last! My profile picture has been restored! Now I feel like I belong on this thread again!
stckrboy wrote:
WWelchIII wrote:
Due to forum limitations it's not possible to movie this topic to the Infinite forums, it needs to stay here for the time being. We debated closing this one and starting fresh, but there is a lot of history in this one. For now all topics made in Infinite will be re-directed here
That makes sense, but I have to agree that starting fresh would be quite a negative move as this thread basically has everything it needs to keep itself going for a long time coming (I think I've been on this thread since 2015 now) and starting anew might kill it I think.

Plus its pretty nice that our favourite topic of discussion happens to be (at least, I think) the biggest thread on Waypoint. I also hope that if and when Elites are put back into the games, this thread can be allowed to continue, in order to help maintain the place of Elites, discuss problems, ideas, and other things, so we can assure that this problem does not arise again.
stckrboy wrote:
WWelchIII wrote:
That makes sense, but I have to agree that starting fresh would be quite a negative move as this thread basically has everything it needs to keep itself going for a long time coming (I think I've been on this thread since 2015 now) and starting anew might kill it I think.

Plus its pretty nice that our favourite topic of discussion happens to be (at least, I think) the biggest thread on Waypoint. I also hope that if and when Elites are put back into the games, this thread can be allowed to continue, in order to help maintain the place of Elites, discuss problems, ideas, and other things, so we can assure that this problem does not arise again.
It is the biggest ongoing thread on the website, but two others exist that are much, much larger. I believe they were locked and I can't remember what they were called for the life of me.
stckrboy wrote:
WWelchIII wrote:
It is the biggest ongoing thread on the website, but two others exist that are much, much larger. I believe they were locked and I can't remember what they were called for the life of me.
You know what that comment reminds me of? "Two others that are much, much larger", when there were only 2 CSOs in the Covenant history. "I believe they were locked" like how both CSOs were destroyed. Meanwhile, this thread is the Infinity. lol
stckrboy wrote:
WWelchIII wrote:

Didn't that sprint thread get bigger than this one at one point? I can't remember.... Its been so long since I've been back here.
Hello, everyone. I'm sure what I'll be saying will probably be what others may have said already, but it's always good to refresh the mind. Not everyone will agree, but that's okay, I respect everyone's opinion. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Halo Reach Sangheili design. They were bigger, but they lost that hunch while keeping themselves nice and slim instead of big and bulky in Halo 5: Guardians. In my opinion, the Guardians design didn't fit the Sangheili. Elites are portrayed as sleek and swift creatures, which is reflected within their weaponry. The energy sword as a prime example is used for swift and skillful swipes and stabs, but with all that extra fat and muscle that was put on them, it kind of makes them look like a bodybuilder attempting to become a swordsman. Once again, in my opinion, it doesn't work too good. Elites in Halo Reach move quick, which is fitting. In Halo 4 and 5, you can really see them hulking around.
With that being said, I hope Halo Infinite brings in that Reach art style. Or, another design could be the Halo 2 Anniversary versions, which are gorgeous. While this may not come into fruition with this upcoming installment, I would still like to share how I feel with you all. With Elites back in the series, other races should be considered candidates. Honestly, I would love to see playable Brutes if they figure out a good way to scale them in such a way that allows them to fit in UNSC vehicles. I'm probably alone on this next statement, but I would honestly like to see in the future the ability to play as other races as well. Do you understand how often I'd play as a Grunt? Boy. Anywho, I feel that when players are given the option to fully customize their character, they connect to that character which allows for an even more captivating experience. If the balancing is tuned in such a way that allows not only Elites and Spartans, but even Jackals, Brutes, Grunts, Drones and other races, Halo would return to its former glory and surpass it in the most respectful way possible. It's okay to disagree, we're all simply conversing.
stckrboy wrote:
WWelchIII wrote:
is this the longest living thread?
Sypriz wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
WWelchIII wrote:
Yes, it is the oldest thread that is still running, and the biggest thread on all of waypoint.... Last I checked it was anyways, I haven't been on in forever so that sprint thread might have gotten bigger if its still around.
Hello, everyone. I'm sure what I'll be saying will probably be what others may have said already, but it's always good to refresh the mind. Not everyone will agree, but that's okay, I respect everyone's opinion. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Halo Reach Sangheili design. They were bigger, but they lost that hunch while keeping themselves nice and slim instead of big and bulky in Halo 5: Guardians. In my opinion, the Guardians design didn't fit the Sangheili. Elites are portrayed as sleek and swift creatures, which is reflected within their weaponry. The energy sword as a prime example is used for swift and skillful swipes and stabs, but with all that extra fat and muscle that was put on them, it kind of makes them look like a bodybuilder attempting to become a swordsman. Once again, in my opinion, it doesn't work too good. Elites in Halo Reach move quick, which is fitting. In Halo 4 and 5, you can really see them hulking around.
With that being said, I hope Halo Infinite brings in that Reach art style. Or, another design could be the Halo 2 Anniversary versions, which are gorgeous. While this may not come into fruition with this upcoming installment, I would still like to share how I feel with you all. With Elites back in the series, other races should be considered candidates. Honestly, I would love to see playable Brutes if they figure out a good way to scale them in such a way that allows them to fit in UNSC vehicles. I'm probably alone on this next statement, but I would honestly like to see in the future the ability to play as other races as well. Do you understand how often I'd play as a Grunt? Boy. Anywho, I feel that when players are given the option to fully customize their character, they connect to that character which allows for an even more captivating experience. If the balancing is tuned in such a way that allows not only Elites and Spartans, but even Jackals, Brutes, Grunts, Drones and other races, Halo would return to its former glory and surpass it in the most respectful way possible. It's okay to disagree, we're all simply conversing.
There has been no source to confirm that playable Sangheili have returned to the series.
Sypriz wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
WWelchIII wrote:
Yes, it is the oldest thread that is still running, and the biggest thread on all of waypoint.... Last I checked it was anyways, I haven't been on in forever so that sprint thread might have gotten bigger if its still around.
I think it used to be bigger but now we took the lead with 882 pages vs the sprint thread’s 818 pages.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 880
  4. 881
  5. 882
  6. 883
  7. 884
  8. ...
  9. 898