2. ...
  3. 881
  4. 882
  5. 883
  6. 884
  7. 885
  8. ...
  9. 896
Hello, everyone. I'm sure what I'll be saying will probably be what others may have said already, but it's always good to refresh the mind. Not everyone will agree, but that's okay, I respect everyone's opinion. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Halo Reach Sangheili design. They were bigger, but they lost that hunch while keeping themselves nice and slim instead of big and bulky in Halo 5: Guardians. In my opinion, the Guardians design didn't fit the Sangheili. Elites are portrayed as sleek and swift creatures, which is reflected within their weaponry. The energy sword as a prime example is used for swift and skillful swipes and stabs, but with all that extra fat and muscle that was put on them, it kind of makes them look like a bodybuilder attempting to become a swordsman. Once again, in my opinion, it doesn't work too good. Elites in Halo Reach move quick, which is fitting. In Halo 4 and 5, you can really see them hulking around.
With that being said, I hope Halo Infinite brings in that Reach art style. Or, another design could be the Halo 2 Anniversary versions, which are gorgeous. While this may not come into fruition with this upcoming installment, I would still like to share how I feel with you all. With Elites back in the series, other races should be considered candidates. Honestly, I would love to see playable Brutes if they figure out a good way to scale them in such a way that allows them to fit in UNSC vehicles. I'm probably alone on this next statement, but I would honestly like to see in the future the ability to play as other races as well. Do you understand how often I'd play as a Grunt? Boy. Anywho, I feel that when players are given the option to fully customize their character, they connect to that character which allows for an even more captivating experience. If the balancing is tuned in such a way that allows not only Elites and Spartans, but even Jackals, Brutes, Grunts, Drones and other races, Halo would return to its former glory and surpass it in the most respectful way possible. It's okay to disagree, we're all simply conversing.
There has been no source to confirm that playable Sangheili have returned to the series.
I didn't mean to say they were, I'm saying with them out of the way, other candidates should be considered.
Hello, everyone. I'm sure what I'll be saying will probably be what others may have said already, but it's always good to refresh the mind. Not everyone will agree, but that's okay, I respect everyone's opinion. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Halo Reach Sangheili design. They were bigger, but they lost that hunch while keeping themselves nice and slim instead of big and bulky in Halo 5: Guardians. In my opinion, the Guardians design didn't fit the Sangheili. Elites are portrayed as sleek and swift creatures, which is reflected within their weaponry. The energy sword as a prime example is used for swift and skillful swipes and stabs, but with all that extra fat and muscle that was put on them, it kind of makes them look like a bodybuilder attempting to become a swordsman. Once again, in my opinion, it doesn't work too good. Elites in Halo Reach move quick, which is fitting. In Halo 4 and 5, you can really see them hulking around.
With that being said, I hope Halo Infinite brings in that Reach art style. Or, another design could be the Halo 2 Anniversary versions, which are gorgeous. While this may not come into fruition with this upcoming installment, I would still like to share how I feel with you all. With Elites back in the series, other races should be considered candidates. Honestly, I would love to see playable Brutes if they figure out a good way to scale them in such a way that allows them to fit in UNSC vehicles. I'm probably alone on this next statement, but I would honestly like to see in the future the ability to play as other races as well. Do you understand how often I'd play as a Grunt? Boy. Anywho, I feel that when players are given the option to fully customize their character, they connect to that character which allows for an even more captivating experience. If the balancing is tuned in such a way that allows not only Elites and Spartans, but even Jackals, Brutes, Grunts, Drones and other races, Halo would return to its former glory and surpass it in the most respectful way possible. It's okay to disagree, we're all simply conversing.
There has been no source to confirm that playable Sangheili have returned to the series.
I didn't mean to say they were, I'm saying with them out of the way, other candidates should be considered.
That's just it, though. They aren't out of the way. Since they haven't been confirmed to be in Halo Infinite, they are still the most prevalent issue when it comes to species customization.
That's just it, though. They aren't out of the way. Since they haven't been confirmed to be in Halo Infinite, they are still the most prevalent issue when it comes to species customization.
I heard we won the black undersuit and the artstyle battles. Wouldn't be far-fetched to think that Playable Elites are also being added, but until confirmation we can only dream.
I heard we won the black undersuit and the artstyle battles. Wouldn't be far-fetched to think that Playable Elites are also being added, but until confirmation we can only dream.
Indeed.
i'm still waiting to play as a brute. I have been disappointed with not being able to since Halo 3 came out lol
And I'm not denying that at all. All I'm saying is that there's never an end to the possibilities. At the end of the day, Elites are easily one of the most biggest requests next to splitscreen and the old art style. I'm not taking that away, all I'm saying is that it would be a lovely bonus to think about the species coming after the Elites. Let's be real. Elites will come eventually, there's no way they can keep putting them off. When they do come, I think we should expand our horizon and look towards the next possible addition with our beautiful squid faced allies.
And I'm not denying that at all. All I'm saying is that there's never an end to the possibilities. At the end of the day, Elites are easily one of the most biggest requests next to splitscreen and the old art style. I'm not taking that away, all I'm saying is that it would be a lovely bonus to think about the species coming after the Elites. Let's be real. Elites will come eventually, there's no way they can keep putting them off. When they do come, I think we should expand our horizon and look towards the next possible addition with our beautiful squid faced allies.
However, playable Sangheili is not enough. They must have proper customization as well (there are like 40-50 armors known to the community, they need interchangeable armor, and ability to change visor color).
However, playable Sangheili is not enough. They must have proper customization as well (there are like 40-50 armors known to the community, they need interchangeable armor, and ability to change visor color).
Agreed, and I am much in favour of Wolf's statements here, Elites however though, must be the priority, once they are done to a quality that is good and once we know that can be maintained, then Brutes and others should be considered. But that doesn't mean we can't talk about them as well guys, as long as we keep our focal point on Elites first and foremost.
I agree with that. By no means do I want them to be limited. They deserve the amount of customization options that Spartans had in Reach.
Agreed, and I am much in favour of Wolf's statements here, Elites however though, must be the priority, once they are done to a quality that is good and once we know that can be maintained, then Brutes and others should be considered. But that doesn't mean we can't talk about them as well guys, as long as we keep our focal point on Elites first and foremost.
Absolutely. I do apologize though if I made it seem like I wanted to stray from Elites.
It has been six years since the creation of this thread, and still no resolution to playable elites in sight.
Lapis wrote:
It has been six years since the creation of this thread, and still no resolution to playable elites in sight.
We barely have any news about Infinite. We basically only know that it's a thing. Have hope brother.
Lapis wrote:
We barely have any news about Infinite. We basically only know that it's a thing. Have hope brother.
Granted, the patch to MCC has been wonderful.

EDIT: The last time I posted in this thread was probably a few hundred pages ago. Where has the conversation gone since then? I'd like to hear people's fresh opinions on playable species (other than Spartans) and what stance 343i has taken on the subject.
Absolutely. I do apologize though if I made it seem like I wanted to stray from Elites.
No worries, I'm just as in favour of Brutes as I am Elites, but don't take it as a way of me saying we shouldn't talk about Brutes here, in fact I think I might drop a few ideas about how they can be better introduced to the games here along with our reptilian swordsmen.
No worries, I'm just as in favour of Brutes as I am Elites, but don't take it as a way of me saying we shouldn't talk about Brutes here, in fact I think I might drop a few ideas about how they can be better introduced to the games here along with our reptilian swordsmen.
I'm down for that. In fact, I wouldn't mind a Brute thread blowing up the way this Sangheili thread did.
I'm down for that. In fact, I wouldn't mind a Brute thread blowing up the way this Sangheili thread did.
That would be great, but right now, lets focus on getting Elites back. I don't want 343 to try to do both, over work themselves and then cut both.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
That would be great, but right now, lets focus on getting Elites back. I don't want 343 to try to do both, over work themselves and then cut both.
That would be a shame.
I hope for the best! 883 pages of wanted content, and if Halo Infinite releases with the bare minimum customization like they did for the Master Chief Collection in Halo 2 anniversary, that's not enough!
We've wanted this for years now. ChocolateRey and I used to converse about how they should go about giving us a system that goes full fledged. Project ChocolateWarthog We called it!
If you're going to implement playable elites for the 3rd game in the series that hasn't had them, you might as well go all out.

Choose between elite sizes, with only some being allowed in competitive multiplayer, so as to recreate Halo Reach's elite size without tampering with competitive multiplayer. A decent library of armour (I'm sure ChocolateRey has gone in depth on this thoroughly!). You don't necessarily need too many assassinations cause, albeit, those are pretty hard to implemement, but still. And a system where all pieces of armour are customizable singularly.
Even include the phenotype change with the desert scale of the ones in the newer games, as well as the black leather skin from Bungie's halos. And even add the rocky grey ones from Halo Wars 2!

Make this system please everyone, because we've waited so long.
Like it or not, this is one of the most important things to have to bring Halo back. It doesn't make much sense so many people would want a player model changer back into the game, but it's clear there's a want. This is an important want that can't be ignored in a thread about 343 Halo, on a sight regularly monitored by 343.
I hope for the best! 883 pages of wanted content, and if Halo Infinite releases with the bare minimum customization like they did for the Master Chief Collection in Halo 2 anniversary, that's not enough!
We've wanted this for years now. ChocolateRey and I used to converse about how they should go about giving us a system that goes full fledged. Project ChocolateWarthog We called it!
If you're going to implement playable elites for the 3rd game in the series that hasn't had them, you might as well go all out.

Choose between elite sizes, with only some being allowed in competitive multiplayer, so as to recreate Halo Reach's elite size without tampering with competitive multiplayer. A decent library of armour (I'm sure ChocolateRey has gone in depth on this thoroughly!). You don't necessarily need too many assassinations cause, albeit, those are pretty hard to implemement, but still. And a system where all pieces of armour are customizable singularly.
Even include the phenotype change with the desert scale of the ones in the newer games, as well as the black leather skin from Bungie's halos. And even add the rocky grey ones from Halo Wars 2!

Make this system please everyone, because we've waited so long.
Like it or not, this is one of the most important things to have to bring Halo back. It doesn't make much sense so many people would want a player model changer back into the game, but it's clear there's a want. This is an important want that can't be ignored in a thread about 343 Halo, on a sight regularly monitored by 343.
Well it does make sense, but I agree with you here, I for one have a plethora of ideas me and some of my friends have come up with.

Did you all watch the Installation 01 trailer (the fan made Halo game)? Because the way Elites were introduced in that was awesome, I think that the Elites should come back in a similar way in the gameplay trailer. Now THAT would be awesome.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 881
  4. 882
  5. 883
  6. 884
  7. 885
  8. ...
  9. 896