2. ...
  3. 882
  4. 883
  5. 884
  6. 885
  7. 886
  8. ...
  9. 897
I hope for the best! 883 pages of wanted content, and if Halo Infinite releases with the bare minimum customization like they did for the Master Chief Collection in Halo 2 anniversary, that's not enough!
We've wanted this for years now. ChocolateRey and I used to converse about how they should go about giving us a system that goes full fledged. Project ChocolateWarthog We called it!
If you're going to implement playable elites for the 3rd game in the series that hasn't had them, you might as well go all out.

Choose between elite sizes, with only some being allowed in competitive multiplayer, so as to recreate Halo Reach's elite size without tampering with competitive multiplayer. A decent library of armour (I'm sure ChocolateRey has gone in depth on this thoroughly!). You don't necessarily need too many assassinations cause, albeit, those are pretty hard to implemement, but still. And a system where all pieces of armour are customizable singularly.
Even include the phenotype change with the desert scale of the ones in the newer games, as well as the black leather skin from Bungie's halos. And even add the rocky grey ones from Halo Wars 2!

Make this system please everyone, because we've waited so long.
Like it or not, this is one of the most important things to have to bring Halo back. It doesn't make much sense so many people would want a player model changer back into the game, but it's clear there's a want. This is an important want that can't be ignored in a thread about 343 Halo, on a sight regularly monitored by 343.
Well it does make sense, but I agree with you here, I for one have a plethora of ideas me and some of my friends have come up with.

Did you all watch the Installation 01 trailer (the fan made Halo game)? Because the way Elites were introduced in that was awesome, I think that the Elites should come back in a similar way in the gameplay trailer. Now THAT would be awesome.
Well I wouldn't want them to be as THICC as the elites in that trailer. Seriously.
I easily see both sides of the argument, who doesn't love playing as an Elite? A soldier taller than a spartan? It's amazing, and was such a cool and unique feature to have in 2, ,3 and reach. But, to appeal to 343's side of things, look at the current art style. People don't necessarily like the new look of the elites, which means most people wouldn't like that look. But regardless, I'd love to see them make a comeback in Infinite or another Halo game. The art style and having to make new player models might be an issue, but what's a few days or months of work to have a happy, flowing, and cash spending community?
I8 9 18 wrote:
I easily see both sides of the argument, who doesn't love playing as an Elite? A soldier taller than a spartan? It's amazing, and was such a cool and unique feature to have in 2, ,3 and reach. But, to appeal to 343's side of things, look at the current art style. People don't necessarily like the new look of the elites, which means most people wouldn't like that look. But regardless, I'd love to see them make a comeback in Infinite or another Halo game. The art style and having to make new player models might be an issue, but what's a few days or months of work to have a happy, flowing, and cash spending community?
H2A's Elites have 343's design and we can still play as them.
I8 9 18 wrote:
You may be right, but that's not the modern era of design, such as Halo 4 and 5 design. That is an "Anniversary" or a remastered version of a base game. Meaning, it's not 343's design, instead a re-textured version of Bungie's elites.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
You may be right, but that's not the modern era of design, such as Halo 4 and 5 design. That is an "Anniversary" or a remastered version of a base game. Meaning, it's not 343's design, instead a re-textured version of Bungie's elites.
No... it IS 343's design.
H2A MP.
H4/5 Elite.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
No... it IS 343's design.
H2A MP.
H4/5 Elite.
Misfit misconstrued what you were saying, thinking you were referring to the BLUR Cutscenes, or the Campaign Elites.
When will 343 ever respond to this forum?
When will 343 ever respond to this forum?
I can't bring myself to search all 800 pages to see if they have ever responded.
Cause if they did, it could've risen faith to the community at one point in time!

Nobody has any record of them responding to this forum earlier?
Not confirming anything, just maybe encouraging the topic or something.
Maybe saying what they want for Playable Elites as gamers themselves!
You catch my drift?
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
The Halo Wars 2 designs for both standards elites and the Shipmaster were really nice.
H2A Elites are a mix of the old designs in a general way, mostly Halo 3 and Halo Reach. Although that only applies to campaign. And this new design is used in Halo Wars 2 as well.
However, oddly enough, that's not the case for H2A's Multiplayer.
Elites in H2A's MP use the Halo 4/5 designs with a highly modified armour from the Halo Reach version of them (standard).

Now, as far as I know, Elites from Halo 4 are different than those from the first Halo trilogy, not just in appearance/design but also in race (same species, different race), which explains why they look so different in Halo 4/5 and Halo Wars 2.
So in future Halo games we should be able to play as any of them. The same way we have three generations of Spartans and he have been able to play as each of them in the saga, with Halo 4 letting us play as both a Spartan II (Campaign) and Spartan IV (MP).
I think the whole reason we probably won't see them is the fact the covenant are basically dead now. The SOS (Swords of Sanghellios) are pretty much the only elites left, as after the death of Jul there probably wont' be anymore covenant. Although, a Halo 3 Anniversary would be nice to see.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I think the whole reason we probably won't see them is the fact the covenant are basically dead now. The SOS (Swords of Sanghellios) are pretty much the only elites left, as after the death of Jul there probably wont' be anymore covenant. Although, a Halo 3 Anniversary would be nice to see.
The SoS are allied with Humans. The UNSC even started a program called the Anvil Initiative that aimed to improve combat relationship between S-IVs and Sangheili. This is Halo Online lore and altho the Elites weren't playable in it, they definitely were training with Spartans in the lore.
Oh, and there is a LOT more Covenant splinter factions. The Servants of Abiding Truth is a highly influential and popular splinter faction. Then we have what could be an interesting Covenant. In the mission Guardians in Halo 5, at one point Cortana directly speaks to Humanity and all species that composed the Covenant to join her quest for Galactic peace... so to say. Given her power, it's likely most species will accept it as refusal would only result in extinction followed by them being rebuilt in her image.
Plus, we don't need a Covenant to have playable Elites. =)
I8 9 18 wrote:
The SoS are allied with Humans. The UNSC even started a program called the Anvil Initiative that aimed to improve combat relationship between S-IVs and Sangheili. This is Halo Online lore and altho the Elites weren't playable in it, they definitely were training with Spartans in the lore.
Oh, and there is a LOT more Covenant splinter factions. The Servants of Abiding Truth is a highly influential and popular splinter faction. Then we have what could be an interesting Covenant. In the mission Guardians in Halo 5, at one point Cortana directly speaks to Humanity and all species that composed the Covenant to join her quest for Galactic peace... so to say. Given her power, it's likely most species will accept it as refusal would only result in extinction followed by them being rebuilt in her image.
But if you think about it, I go off game lore, not expansive lore. Meaning, that according to me, there's no covenant, and the only elites left are the SOS. That's why I proposed Halo 3 Anniversary.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
But if you think about it, I go off game lore, not expansive lore. Meaning, that according to me, there's no covenant, and the only elites left are the SOS. That's why I proposed Halo 3 Anniversary.
You know, I literally told you that in Halo 5 Cortana is offering or ordering every specie to join her. That way, the Covenant may still be possible in an interesting form.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
Halo 3 Anniversary is not a solution.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
Ah, but are you sure? Halo 3A could be 343's redeeming feature.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
A Halo 3 Anniversary would not be progressive. Firstly, it's just entirely unnecessary. Secondly, 343 needs to improve their new games, which they can't do with yet another anniversary. The Sangheili must be playable in modern games with new innovations.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
"According to me" is literally the worst argument I've ever heard. 'Expansive' lore is still lore.
Lapis wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
"According to me" is literally the worst argument I've ever heard. 'Expansive' lore is still lore.
Aren't we allowed our opinion? Why are you attempting to attack me over my opinion? We need a monitor in here, someone's being disrespectful and attacking others for stating their opinion.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
A Halo 3 Anniversary would not be progressive. Firstly, it's just entirely unnecessary. Secondly, 343 needs to improve their new games, which they can't do with yet another anniversary. The Sangheili must be playable in modern games with new innovations.
It's my opinion. I'm allowed to have one. Regardless of your criticism towards my idea, as I've been in this community since 2001, I'd like to see another anniversary. I lost interest in Halo 4, and Halo 5 never re-sparked it either. Sure, I'd love to see elites playable again, but with the path we're walking right now, with the main focus on the spartans, I doubt 343 is gonna turn their heads to us and give us a saving grace.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 882
  4. 883
  5. 884
  6. 885
  7. 886
  8. ...
  9. 897