Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Sangheili (Elites) In New Trilogy Matchmaking

OP Mat Man 412

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 883
  4. 884
  5. 885
  6. 886
  7. 887
  8. ...
  9. 897
I8 9 18 wrote:
Lapis wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I think the whole reason we probably won't see them is the fact the covenant are basically dead now. The SOS (Swords of Sanghellios) are pretty much the only elites left, as after the death of Jul there probably wont' be anymore covenant. Although, a Halo 3 Anniversary would be nice to see.
The SoS are allied with Humans. The UNSC even started a program called the Anvil Initiative that aimed to improve combat relationship between S-IVs and Sangheili. This is Halo Online lore and altho the Elites weren't playable in it, they definitely were training with Spartans in the lore.
Oh, and there is a LOT more Covenant splinter factions. The Servants of Abiding Truth is a highly influential and popular splinter faction. Then we have what could be an interesting Covenant. In the mission Guardians in Halo 5, at one point Cortana directly speaks to Humanity and all species that composed the Covenant to join her quest for Galactic peace... so to say. Given her power, it's likely most species will accept it as refusal would only result in extinction followed by them being rebuilt in her image.
Plus, we don't need a Covenant to have playable Elites. =)
But if you think about it, I go off game lore, not expansive lore. Meaning, that according to me, there's no covenant, and the only elites left are the SOS. That's why I proposed Halo 3 Anniversary.
"According to me" is literally the worst argument I've ever heard. 'Expansive' lore is still lore.
Aren't we allowed our opinion? Why are you attempting to attack me over my opinion? We need a monitor in here, someone's being disrespectful and attacking others for stating their opinion.
You're basically stating your way is the only way. That is not how things work around here and yes, many people feel a H3A is highly unnecessary.
I8 9 18 wrote:
Lapis wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I think the whole reason we probably won't see them is the fact the covenant are basically dead now. The SOS (Swords of Sanghellios) are pretty much the only elites left, as after the death of Jul there probably wont' be anymore covenant. Although, a Halo 3 Anniversary would be nice to see.
The SoS are allied with Humans. The UNSC even started a program called the Anvil Initiative that aimed to improve combat relationship between S-IVs and Sangheili. This is Halo Online lore and altho the Elites weren't playable in it, they definitely were training with Spartans in the lore.
Oh, and there is a LOT more Covenant splinter factions. The Servants of Abiding Truth is a highly influential and popular splinter faction. Then we have what could be an interesting Covenant. In the mission Guardians in Halo 5, at one point Cortana directly speaks to Humanity and all species that composed the Covenant to join her quest for Galactic peace... so to say. Given her power, it's likely most species will accept it as refusal would only result in extinction followed by them being rebuilt in her image.
Plus, we don't need a Covenant to have playable Elites. =)
But if you think about it, I go off game lore, not expansive lore. Meaning, that according to me, there's no covenant, and the only elites left are the SOS. That's why I proposed Halo 3 Anniversary.
"According to me" is literally the worst argument I've ever heard. 'Expansive' lore is still lore.
Aren't we allowed our opinion? Why are you attempting to attack me over my opinion? We need a monitor in here, someone's being disrespectful and attacking others for stating their opinion.
You're basically stating your way is the only way. That is not how things work around here and yes, many people feel a H3A is highly unnecessary.
You do understand an opinion is an opinion. "according to me" or, my OPINION. "I don't read expansive lore" is a fact about MY OPINION.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I think the whole reason we probably won't see them is the fact the covenant are basically dead now. The SOS (Swords of Sanghellios) are pretty much the only elites left, as after the death of Jul there probably wont' be anymore covenant. Although, a Halo 3 Anniversary would be nice to see.
The SoS are allied with Humans. The UNSC even started a program called the Anvil Initiative that aimed to improve combat relationship between S-IVs and Sangheili. This is Halo Online lore and altho the Elites weren't playable in it, they definitely were training with Spartans in the lore.
Oh, and there is a LOT more Covenant splinter factions. The Servants of Abiding Truth is a highly influential and popular splinter faction. Then we have what could be an interesting Covenant. In the mission Guardians in Halo 5, at one point Cortana directly speaks to Humanity and all species that composed the Covenant to join her quest for Galactic peace... so to say. Given her power, it's likely most species will accept it as refusal would only result in extinction followed by them being rebuilt in her image.
Plus, we don't need a Covenant to have playable Elites. =)
But if you think about it, I go off game lore, not expansive lore. Meaning, that according to me, there's no covenant, and the only elites left are the SOS. That's why I proposed Halo 3 Anniversary.
Halo 3 Anniversary is not a solution.
Ah, but are you sure? Halo 3A could be 343's redeeming feature.
A Halo 3 Anniversary would not be progressive. Firstly, it's just entirely unnecessary. Secondly, 343 needs to improve their new games, which they can't do with yet another anniversary. The Sangheili must be playable in modern games with new innovations.
It's my opinion. I'm allowed to have one. Regardless of your criticism towards my idea, as I've been in this community since 2001, I'd like to see another anniversary. I lost interest in Halo 4, and Halo 5 never re-sparked it either. Sure, I'd love to see elites playable again, but with the path we're walking right now, with the main focus on the spartans, I doubt 343 is gonna turn their heads to us and give us a saving grace.
Stop saying how it's your opinion. I know it's your opinion, I never said you couldn't have one, but I'm allowed to be critical of it. Also, it was completely unnecessary for you to mention how long you've been in the community, it doesn't mean anything. I don't find you any more credible because of it. And for the third part, you're essentially saying we should just give up our fight because you think 343 will never shift the focus away from Spartans for a moment. Well making another anniversary isn't going to help with that because that's not us encouraging them to focus on elites for new games.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I think the whole reason we probably won't see them is the fact the covenant are basically dead now. The SOS (Swords of Sanghellios) are pretty much the only elites left, as after the death of Jul there probably wont' be anymore covenant. Although, a Halo 3 Anniversary would be nice to see.
The SoS are allied with Humans. The UNSC even started a program called the Anvil Initiative that aimed to improve combat relationship between S-IVs and Sangheili. This is Halo Online lore and altho the Elites weren't playable in it, they definitely were training with Spartans in the lore.
Oh, and there is a LOT more Covenant splinter factions. The Servants of Abiding Truth is a highly influential and popular splinter faction. Then we have what could be an interesting Covenant. In the mission Guardians in Halo 5, at one point Cortana directly speaks to Humanity and all species that composed the Covenant to join her quest for Galactic peace... so to say. Given her power, it's likely most species will accept it as refusal would only result in extinction followed by them being rebuilt in her image.
Plus, we don't need a Covenant to have playable Elites. =)
But if you think about it, I go off game lore, not expansive lore. Meaning, that according to me, there's no covenant, and the only elites left are the SOS. That's why I proposed Halo 3 Anniversary.
Halo 3 Anniversary is not a solution.
Ah, but are you sure? Halo 3A could be 343's redeeming feature.
A Halo 3 Anniversary would not be progressive. Firstly, it's just entirely unnecessary. Secondly, 343 needs to improve their new games, which they can't do with yet another anniversary. The Sangheili must be playable in modern games with new innovations.
It's my opinion. I'm allowed to have one. Regardless of your criticism towards my idea, as I've been in this community since 2001, I'd like to see another anniversary. I lost interest in Halo 4, and Halo 5 never re-sparked it either. Sure, I'd love to see elites playable again, but with the path we're walking right now, with the main focus on the spartans, I doubt 343 is gonna turn their heads to us and give us a saving grace.
Stop saying how it's your opinion. I know it's your opinion, I never said you couldn't have one, but I'm allowed to be critical of it. Also, it was completely unnecessary for you to mention how long you've been in the community, it doesn't mean anything. I don't find you any more credible because of it. And for the third part, you're essentially saying we should just give up our fight because you think 343 will never shift the focus away from Spartans for a moment. Well making another anniversary isn't going to help with that because that's not us encouraging them to focus on elites for new games.
It's completely unnecessary for you to continue to try and put your words over mine. What I say is what I say, and for you to try and make what you have to say so much higher than mine is completely idiotic and unnecessary. First off, I stated how long I've been in the community so it easily shows that I've seen the entire trilogy and how its changed. Second, I'm not saying we should give up the fight, I'm simply stating that 343 is focused on one thing right now. What is their focus? Spartans. Therefore, it'll take more than a bunch of people talking on a website to change their mind. It'll take a bunch of Halo veterans like me, my girlfriend, and about 20 others to even spark their interest of doing so. Third off, I simply said H3A would be a good idea, as it's been speculated to be released. So STOP using it as the backbone to your argument, because it'll easily become repetitive and just a common sentence you use. Word of advice, when someone states their opinion, how long they've been around, and are respectful, be just as respectful back. If you want to act like the most credible person in the word, show respect. Stop trying to walk over people.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I think the whole reason we probably won't see them is the fact the covenant are basically dead now. The SOS (Swords of Sanghellios) are pretty much the only elites left, as after the death of Jul there probably wont' be anymore covenant. Although, a Halo 3 Anniversary would be nice to see.
The SoS are allied with Humans. The UNSC even started a program called the Anvil Initiative that aimed to improve combat relationship between S-IVs and Sangheili. This is Halo Online lore and altho the Elites weren't playable in it, they definitely were training with Spartans in the lore.
Oh, and there is a LOT more Covenant splinter factions. The Servants of Abiding Truth is a highly influential and popular splinter faction. Then we have what could be an interesting Covenant. In the mission Guardians in Halo 5, at one point Cortana directly speaks to Humanity and all species that composed the Covenant to join her quest for Galactic peace... so to say. Given her power, it's likely most species will accept it as refusal would only result in extinction followed by them being rebuilt in her image.
Plus, we don't need a Covenant to have playable Elites. =)
But if you think about it, I go off game lore, not expansive lore. Meaning, that according to me, there's no covenant, and the only elites left are the SOS. That's why I proposed Halo 3 Anniversary.
Halo 3 Anniversary is not a solution.
Ah, but are you sure? Halo 3A could be 343's redeeming feature.
A Halo 3 Anniversary would not be progressive. Firstly, it's just entirely unnecessary. Secondly, 343 needs to improve their new games, which they can't do with yet another anniversary. The Sangheili must be playable in modern games with new innovations.
It's my opinion. I'm allowed to have one. Regardless of your criticism towards my idea, as I've been in this community since 2001, I'd like to see another anniversary. I lost interest in Halo 4, and Halo 5 never re-sparked it either. Sure, I'd love to see elites playable again, but with the path we're walking right now, with the main focus on the spartans, I doubt 343 is gonna turn their heads to us and give us a saving grace.
Stop saying how it's your opinion. I know it's your opinion, I never said you couldn't have one, but I'm allowed to be critical of it. Also, it was completely unnecessary for you to mention how long you've been in the community, it doesn't mean anything. I don't find you any more credible because of it. And for the third part, you're essentially saying we should just give up our fight because you think 343 will never shift the focus away from Spartans for a moment. Well making another anniversary isn't going to help with that because that's not us encouraging them to focus on elites for new games.
It's completely unnecessary for you to continue to try and put your words over mine. What I say is what I say, and for you to try and make what you have to say so much higher than mine is completely idiotic and unnecessary. First off, I stated how long I've been in the community so it easily shows that I've seen the entire trilogy and how its changed. Second, I'm not saying we should give up the fight, I'm simply stating that 343 is focused on one thing right now. What is their focus? Spartans. Therefore, it'll take more than a bunch of people talking on a website to change their mind. It'll take a bunch of Halo veterans like me, my girlfriend, and about 20 others to even spark their interest of doing so. Third off, I simply said H3A would be a good idea, as it's been speculated to be released. So STOP using it as the backbone to your argument, because it'll easily become repetitive and just a common sentence you use. Word of advice, when someone states their opinion, how long they've been around, and are respectful, be just as respectful back. If you want to act like the most credible person in the word, show respect. Stop trying to walk over people.
Please point me to where I said that my opinion should be held at any higher regard than yours, I NEVER said that. I just said that your veterinary title doesn't make your opinion more important. If anything, you were putting your words over mine. And again, it's just not needed for you to state how long you've been around and how much you've seen the franchise change. I don't see the point of you saying that.

And not to be rude, but you just simply stating that "it'll take more than people talking on the internet to change their mind" is not offering much to the conversation. Like, we know. Also, your argument in bold makes no sense to me. You honestly believe all that it takes for them to care about it is a small group of Halo veterans? That's so shallow. Like I've said before, 343 should not and hopefully do not hold veterans at any higher esteem than modern players who have not been part of the franchise for long. I've been playing Halo for nearly 11 years now and I'm saying this. They should care about what the majority want, not just what veterans want.

The whole argument is about whether or not H3A would be a good idea, so why would I not make it the backbone of my argument? I don't really need your word of advice, as I was already following it throughout the whole conversation. I only stopped respecting you once you became spontaneously personally offended in this post. Prior to that, I was only criticizing your ideas, which is perfectly respectable and respectful.
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I think the whole reason we probably won't see them is the fact the covenant are basically dead now. The SOS (Swords of Sanghellios) are pretty much the only elites left, as after the death of Jul there probably wont' be anymore covenant. Although, a Halo 3 Anniversary would be nice to see.
The SoS are allied with Humans. The UNSC even started a program called the Anvil Initiative that aimed to improve combat relationship between S-IVs and Sangheili. This is Halo Online lore and altho the Elites weren't playable in it, they definitely were training with Spartans in the lore.
Oh, and there is a LOT more Covenant splinter factions. The Servants of Abiding Truth is a highly influential and popular splinter faction. Then we have what could be an interesting Covenant. In the mission Guardians in Halo 5, at one point Cortana directly speaks to Humanity and all species that composed the Covenant to join her quest for Galactic peace... so to say. Given her power, it's likely most species will accept it as refusal would only result in extinction followed by them being rebuilt in her image.
Plus, we don't need a Covenant to have playable Elites. =)
But if you think about it, I go off game lore, not expansive lore. Meaning, that according to me, there's no covenant, and the only elites left are the SOS. That's why I proposed Halo 3 Anniversary.
Halo 3 Anniversary is not a solution.
Ah, but are you sure? Halo 3A could be 343's redeeming feature.
A Halo 3 Anniversary would not be progressive. Firstly, it's just entirely unnecessary. Secondly, 343 needs to improve their new games, which they can't do with yet another anniversary. The Sangheili must be playable in modern games with new innovations.
It's my opinion. I'm allowed to have one. Regardless of your criticism towards my idea, as I've been in this community since 2001, I'd like to see another anniversary. I lost interest in Halo 4, and Halo 5 never re-sparked it either. Sure, I'd love to see elites playable again, but with the path we're walking right now, with the main focus on the spartans, I doubt 343 is gonna turn their heads to us and give us a saving grace.
Stop saying how it's your opinion. I know it's your opinion, I never said you couldn't have one, but I'm allowed to be critical of it. Also, it was completely unnecessary for you to mention how long you've been in the community, it doesn't mean anything. I don't find you any more credible because of it. And for the third part, you're essentially saying we should just give up our fight because you think 343 will never shift the focus away from Spartans for a moment. Well making another anniversary isn't going to help with that because that's not us encouraging them to focus on elites for new games.
It's completely unnecessary for you to continue to try and put your words over mine. What I say is what I say, and for you to try and make what you have to say so much higher than mine is completely idiotic and unnecessary. First off, I stated how long I've been in the community so it easily shows that I've seen the entire trilogy and how its changed. Second, I'm not saying we should give up the fight, I'm simply stating that 343 is focused on one thing right now. What is their focus? Spartans. Therefore, it'll take more than a bunch of people talking on a website to change their mind. It'll take a bunch of Halo veterans like me, my girlfriend, and about 20 others to even spark their interest of doing so. Third off, I simply said H3A would be a good idea, as it's been speculated to be released. So STOP using it as the backbone to your argument, because it'll easily become repetitive and just a common sentence you use. Word of advice, when someone states their opinion, how long they've been around, and are respectful, be just as respectful back. If you want to act like the most credible person in the word, show respect. Stop trying to walk over people.
What does any of this have to do with playable elites? No one cares about your 'veterancy'. It's not relevant, especially in a thread full of hundreds of comments from hundreds of people asking for the same thing.
Lapis wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I think the whole reason we probably won't see them is the fact the covenant are basically dead now. The SOS (Swords of Sanghellios) are pretty much the only elites left, as after the death of Jul there probably wont' be anymore covenant. Although, a Halo 3 Anniversary would be nice to see.
The SoS are allied with Humans. The UNSC even started a program called the Anvil Initiative that aimed to improve combat relationship between S-IVs and Sangheili. This is Halo Online lore and altho the Elites weren't playable in it, they definitely were training with Spartans in the lore.
Oh, and there is a LOT more Covenant splinter factions. The Servants of Abiding Truth is a highly influential and popular splinter faction. Then we have what could be an interesting Covenant. In the mission Guardians in Halo 5, at one point Cortana directly speaks to Humanity and all species that composed the Covenant to join her quest for Galactic peace... so to say. Given her power, it's likely most species will accept it as refusal would only result in extinction followed by them being rebuilt in her image.
Plus, we don't need a Covenant to have playable Elites. =)
But if you think about it, I go off game lore, not expansive lore. Meaning, that according to me, there's no covenant, and the only elites left are the SOS. That's why I proposed Halo 3 Anniversary.
Halo 3 Anniversary is not a solution.
Ah, but are you sure? Halo 3A could be 343's redeeming feature.
A Halo 3 Anniversary would not be progressive. Firstly, it's just entirely unnecessary. Secondly, 343 needs to improve their new games, which they can't do with yet another anniversary. The Sangheili must be playable in modern games with new innovations.
It's my opinion. I'm allowed to have one. Regardless of your criticism towards my idea, as I've been in this community since 2001, I'd like to see another anniversary. I lost interest in Halo 4, and Halo 5 never re-sparked it either. Sure, I'd love to see elites playable again, but with the path we're walking right now, with the main focus on the spartans, I doubt 343 is gonna turn their heads to us and give us a saving grace.
Stop saying how it's your opinion. I know it's your opinion, I never said you couldn't have one, but I'm allowed to be critical of it. Also, it was completely unnecessary for you to mention how long you've been in the community, it doesn't mean anything. I don't find you any more credible because of it. And for the third part, you're essentially saying we should just give up our fight because you think 343 will never shift the focus away from Spartans for a moment. Well making another anniversary isn't going to help with that because that's not us encouraging them to focus on elites for new games.
It's completely unnecessary for you to continue to try and put your words over mine. What I say is what I say, and for you to try and make what you have to say so much higher than mine is completely idiotic and unnecessary. First off, I stated how long I've been in the community so it easily shows that I've seen the entire trilogy and how its changed. Second, I'm not saying we should give up the fight, I'm simply stating that 343 is focused on one thing right now. What is their focus? Spartans. Therefore, it'll take more than a bunch of people talking on a website to change their mind. It'll take a bunch of Halo veterans like me, my girlfriend, and about 20 others to even spark their interest of doing so. Third off, I simply said H3A would be a good idea, as it's been speculated to be released. So STOP using it as the backbone to your argument, because it'll easily become repetitive and just a common sentence you use. Word of advice, when someone states their opinion, how long they've been around, and are respectful, be just as respectful back. If you want to act like the most credible person in the word, show respect. Stop trying to walk over people.
What does any of this have to do with playable elites? No one cares about your 'veterancy'. It's not relevant, especially in a thread full of hundreds of comments from hundreds of people asking for the same thing.
Judging by his lack of response to this post of mine, I'm assuming he's moved on. I don't think we need to continue to berate him, though I appreciate the support.
Lapis wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I8 9 18 wrote:
I think the whole reason we probably won't see them is the fact the covenant are basically dead now. The SOS (Swords of Sanghellios) are pretty much the only elites left, as after the death of Jul there probably wont' be anymore covenant. Although, a Halo 3 Anniversary would be nice to see.
The SoS are allied with Humans. The UNSC even started a program called the Anvil Initiative that aimed to improve combat relationship between S-IVs and Sangheili. This is Halo Online lore and altho the Elites weren't playable in it, they definitely were training with Spartans in the lore.
Oh, and there is a LOT more Covenant splinter factions. The Servants of Abiding Truth is a highly influential and popular splinter faction. Then we have what could be an interesting Covenant. In the mission Guardians in Halo 5, at one point Cortana directly speaks to Humanity and all species that composed the Covenant to join her quest for Galactic peace... so to say. Given her power, it's likely most species will accept it as refusal would only result in extinction followed by them being rebuilt in her image.
Plus, we don't need a Covenant to have playable Elites. =)
But if you think about it, I go off game lore, not expansive lore. Meaning, that according to me, there's no covenant, and the only elites left are the SOS. That's why I proposed Halo 3 Anniversary.
Halo 3 Anniversary is not a solution.
Ah, but are you sure? Halo 3A could be 343's redeeming feature.
A Halo 3 Anniversary would not be progressive. Firstly, it's just entirely unnecessary. Secondly, 343 needs to improve their new games, which they can't do with yet another anniversary. The Sangheili must be playable in modern games with new innovations.
It's my opinion. I'm allowed to have one. Regardless of your criticism towards my idea, as I've been in this community since 2001, I'd like to see another anniversary. I lost interest in Halo 4, and Halo 5 never re-sparked it either. Sure, I'd love to see elites playable again, but with the path we're walking right now, with the main focus on the spartans, I doubt 343 is gonna turn their heads to us and give us a saving grace.
Stop saying how it's your opinion. I know it's your opinion, I never said you couldn't have one, but I'm allowed to be critical of it. Also, it was completely unnecessary for you to mention how long you've been in the community, it doesn't mean anything. I don't find you any more credible because of it. And for the third part, you're essentially saying we should just give up our fight because you think 343 will never shift the focus away from Spartans for a moment. Well making another anniversary isn't going to help with that because that's not us encouraging them to focus on elites for new games.
It's completely unnecessary for you to continue to try and put your words over mine. What I say is what I say, and for you to try and make what you have to say so much higher than mine is completely idiotic and unnecessary. First off, I stated how long I've been in the community so it easily shows that I've seen the entire trilogy and how its changed. Second, I'm not saying we should give up the fight, I'm simply stating that 343 is focused on one thing right now. What is their focus? Spartans. Therefore, it'll take more than a bunch of people talking on a website to change their mind. It'll take a bunch of Halo veterans like me, my girlfriend, and about 20 others to even spark their interest of doing so. Third off, I simply said H3A would be a good idea, as it's been speculated to be released. So STOP using it as the backbone to your argument, because it'll easily become repetitive and just a common sentence you use. Word of advice, when someone states their opinion, how long they've been around, and are respectful, be just as respectful back. If you want to act like the most credible person in the word, show respect. Stop trying to walk over people.
What does any of this have to do with playable elites? No one cares about your 'veterancy'. It's not relevant, especially in a thread full of hundreds of comments from hundreds of people asking for the same thing.
Judging by his lack of response to this post of mine, I'm assuming he's moved on. I don't think we need to continue to berate him, though I appreciate the support.
Agreed, really, this should've been settled sooner, but anyway, that is all beside the point.

I think it would also be nice if, in the true spirit of having Elites back in the mix again, we got some new, interesting, varied and more visually exciting Sangheili characters. I myself am bored by the honour bound warrior idea, I think characters that we see in the comics like Zef 'Trahl would be nice to see, not them especially but characters who don't have to live up to one or more typical stereotypes of their species, that's why I like Atriox so much and why so many others like him. It would be nice if these characters could be as deeply explored and integrated as any human. Say if we had Usze 'Taham on board for Halo Infinite and for one mission say he is assigned to be alongside Vale, Buck and the Arbiter, Usze and Vale would be able to say a fond hello again to one another (as much as the ship is silly, they could at the very least subtly reference it too), and Vale would finally get to talk to Thel.

I think characters who have immigrated to human worlds should also make an appearance, and can be distinguished by both ambient dialogue and more human lingo and possibly less stressed and deep voices in the words, these guys could probably make Sangheilian born and breds rather disgusted by it. Just anything to have more vibrancy, variation and less repetition in gameplay and, well, lore. This is why I keep my OCs varied in personality and style. I think this could really benefit the Halo universe, after all, Halo can't survive forever on the same formulas.
Couldn't Esports present a problem of ever seeing Elites playable again? According to people I have heard from, they can't make a ruling banning Elites, so 343 cant have a option to enable or disable Elites. Can someone explain to me if it is true that If 343 brought back Elites, that 343 could not make a option to make them disableable and thus if the Esports deemed Elites to broken then 343 would have to remove them entirely or be dropped from the Esports. Is this something that can happen and is it a potential reason why we have not seen elites return as of yet.
Couldn't Esports present a problem of ever seeing Elites playable again? According to people I have heard from, they can't make a ruling banning Elites, so 343 cant have a option to enable or disable Elites. Can someone explain to me if it is true that If 343 brought back Elites, that 343 could not make a option to make them disableable and thus if the Esports deemed Elites to broken then 343 would have to remove them entirely or be dropped from the Esports. Is this something that can happen and is it a potential reason why we have not seen elites return as of yet.
That's not even an issue. The Esports managers can just ban them from the events. There's literally no reason not to include Elites for the general public if we're talking about Esports.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
IS0 Joe wrote:
Nerds lol that hissy fit was genuinely entertaining
Who are you referring to? What hissy fit?
I love seeing this thread stay alive. A lot of comments are positive things about bringing them back. And others are just saying, "it'd ruin eSports." But what a lot of people don't understand is is that in Halo Reach you couldn't play as an Elite unless it was Elite Slayer. If that mode along with invasion was brought back I'd be happy.
I love seeing this thread stay alive. A lot of comments are positive things about bringing them back. And others are just saying, "it'd ruin eSports." But what a lot of people don't understand is is that in Halo Reach you couldn't play as an Elite unless it was Elite Slayer. If that mode along with invasion was brought back I'd be happy.
I mean, limiting them to one mode wasn't even necessary. Elites can very well simply be forbidden to use in Esports. I still don't understand why Bungie didn't allow us to play as Elites in any Reach matchmaking game we want. There's literally no reason to not include Elites when talking about Esports. Just ban them from it, easy, and everyone still gets to play as their favorite specie and doing epic machinimas.
I love seeing this thread stay alive. A lot of comments are positive things about bringing them back. And others are just saying, "it'd ruin eSports." But what a lot of people don't understand is is that in Halo Reach you couldn't play as an Elite unless it was Elite Slayer. If that mode along with invasion was brought back I'd be happy.
I mean, limiting them to one mode wasn't even necessary. Elites can very well simply be forbidden to use in Esports. I still don't understand why Bungie didn't allow us to play as Elites in any Reach matchmaking game we want. There's literally no reason to not include Elites when talking about Esports. Just ban them from it, easy, and everyone still gets to play as their favorite specie and doing epic machinimas.
i think they were limited in halo reach to one mode, bc they had slighlty different traits than spartans.
for once i think they were bigger (different character model) and i also think their shields were slightly stronger. there maybe even more to them like being a bit faster and be able to jump higher, but at least for the last two things i mentioned i'm very unsure and that could be wrong.

if i recall correctly, bungie wanted to make them different so it would be a different feel to play them (the feeling of being an alien with a bit better physical attributes) and it would add something to non symetrical gametypes (invasion). also with different armor abilities and starting weapons that feeling should be more different (sprint vs evade). the idea of having elites vs spartan in non symetrical gamemodes (one flag ctf for example) was original in halo 2, if i recall correctly they mentioned that in the multiplayer reveal video (elites are attackers, spartans defenders on zanzibar... or similar). it was in early stage development and the BR was still single shot while zoomed in.

that all being said: since h2 the proffesional scene just made it a rule to play as a spartan, so there is no argument against playable elites from that side.
WSerg wrote:
i think they were limited in halo reach to one mode, bc they had slighlty different traits than spartans.for once i think they were bigger (different character model) and i also think their shields were slightly stronger. there maybe even more to them like being a bit faster and be able to jump higher, but at least for the last two things i mentioned i'm very unsure and that could be wrong.
They didn't had that many advantages. They had aim assist for Covenant weapons and fully regenerating health, but it ends there. For disadvantages, they have a larger hitbox, which by itself is already a huge disadvantage. Everything else is entirely unchanged.
WSerg wrote:
that all being said: since h2 the proffesional scene just made it a rule to play as a spartan, so there is no argument against playable elites from that side.
There =). Rules are set and nothing is lost.
Regenerating health is rarely useful as an advantage and because they can't use health packs they can't have an instant shield reload, everything else is nothing.
More options in MM is always better, that's why there are different playlists. Why cant there be cross species playlist and set type playlists?
"If Halo Reach did it, why can't Halo Infinite do it?"
Yeah I REALLY want see Elites in Halo Infinite!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 883
  4. 884
  5. 885
  6. 886
  7. 887
  8. ...
  9. 897