3. 886
  4. 887
  5. 888
  6. 889
  7. 890
  8. ...
  9. 895
KBTS Venom wrote:
800+ pages later? Wow, I'm amazed. Nice to see this thread's still getting attention six years on.
It truly makes my heart warm. I'm 18 now and I've followed this thread since it first opened. It's truly become an important part of Halo for me because it shows the dedication this community has for the series like myself. If nobody cared, this thread wouldn't have pushed forward as much as it did. In fact, neither would the other important threads on this site. Here's to hoping Halo: Infinite is our reward for this thread and all the other major threads. :).
Amen, brother. Well said.
There are so many possibilities that open up with the reintroduction of playable Elites, I have no idea why they wouldn't include them.

To be honest, I'd definitely prefer to grind for Elite armor variants rather than Spartan.
Absolutely. If Elites get the ability to swap out specific body armor parts like the Spartans in Halo: Reach, I'd be a very happy man. I'd grind day and night for individual Elite armor pieces.
That would be so much fun, as it's never been an option before. All the previous Sangheili armors were earned through challenges (Achievements in Halo 3 and Ranks in Halo: Reach), so it would be so refreshing to earn them through a credits system. I wouldn't stop playing matchmaking until I have all of them.
Right on. Who wouldn't want to work for a gorgeous Elite Honor Guard set? Especially if I can wear the helmet while rocking Arbiter's Kaidon chest armor and other random armor pieces? Oh boy I'd lose it.
Interesting combination lol. I'd personally go with Gold and Purple Field Marshal with maybe a few swapped out pieces as my main OC wears that armour. But once I get the Arbiter, that thing isn't coming off.
You and me both, proud Sangheili brother. I wouldn't be prouder of wearing at least some pieces of it, especially if it's given through a special action.
As jealous as it would make me to see all the people wearing it before me because they did the challenge before me, yeah, I agree, the Arbiter armour should be reserved for some special quest type thing. Possibly a Destiny style system.
I would go as far as to think that they could award us the Arbiter armor after we unlock all other Elite armor sets. If not that, then I'm not sure lol. Maybe some sort of Elite challenge?
It would be pretty cool if they had several versions of the armour corresponding to different Arbiters and different eras, and each is unlocked through a quest that involves what the Arbiter in question who wore the armour went through as Arbiter. So for example unlocking the Arbiter armour that the Arbiter who Tamed the Lekgolo wore would involve something to do with landing the final killing blow on some massive hunter bosses in firefight.
I know I said it already, but I'd definitely need the Kaidon armor set. It suits Thel so much, so to have my Elite in Kaidon armor would really amaze me.
KBTS Venom wrote:
800+ pages later? Wow, I'm amazed. Nice to see this thread's still getting attention six years on.
It truly makes my heart warm. I'm 18 now and I've followed this thread since it first opened. It's truly become an important part of Halo for me because it shows the dedication this community has for the series like myself. If nobody cared, this thread wouldn't have pushed forward as much as it did. In fact, neither would the other important threads on this site. Here's to hoping Halo: Infinite is our reward for this thread and all the other major threads. :).
There are so many possibilities that open up with the reintroduction of playable Elites, I have no idea why they wouldn't include them.

To be honest, I'd definitely prefer to grind for Elite armor variants rather than Spartan.
Absolutely. If Elites get the ability to swap out specific body armor parts like the Spartans in Halo: Reach, I'd be a very happy man. I'd grind day and night for individual Elite armor pieces.
That would be so much fun, as it's never been an option before. All the previous Sangheili armors were earned through challenges (Achievements in Halo 3 and Ranks in Halo: Reach), so it would be so refreshing to earn them through a credits system. I wouldn't stop playing matchmaking until I have all of them.
Right on. Who wouldn't want to work for a gorgeous Elite Honor Guard set? Especially if I can wear the helmet while rocking Arbiter's Kaidon chest armor and other random armor pieces? Oh boy I'd lose it.
Interesting combination lol. I'd personally go with Gold and Purple Field Marshal with maybe a few swapped out pieces as my main OC wears that armour. But once I get the Arbiter, that thing isn't coming off.
You and me both, proud Sangheili brother. I wouldn't be prouder of wearing at least some pieces of it, especially if it's given through a special action.
As jealous as it would make me to see all the people wearing it before me because they did the challenge before me, yeah, I agree, the Arbiter armour should be reserved for some special quest type thing. Possibly a Destiny style system.
I would go as far as to think that they could award us the Arbiter armor after we unlock all other Elite armor sets. If not that, then I'm not sure lol. Maybe some sort of Elite challenge?
It would be pretty cool if they had several versions of the armour corresponding to different Arbiters and different eras, and each is unlocked through a quest that involves what the Arbiter in question who wore the armour went through as Arbiter. So for example unlocking the Arbiter armour that the Arbiter who Tamed the Lekgolo wore would involve something to do with landing the final killing blow on some massive hunter bosses in firefight.
I know I said it already, but I'd definitely need the Kaidon armor set. It suits Thel so much, so to have my Elite in Kaidon armor would really amaze me.
Oh yeah definitely, I want it too and it's on my list. I just didn't mention Thel's Kaidon armor just now because it's not technically Arbiter armor.
KBTS Venom wrote:

Oh yeah definitely, I want it too and it's on my list. I just didn't mention Thel's Kaidon armor just now because it's not technically Arbiter armor.
I just finished checking out your list and I'm super impressed. I didn't think there were really many other people who knew of all those different armor sets. Even mentioning the Ranger Arbiter set surprised me.
KBTS Venom wrote:

I just finished checking out your list and I'm super impressed. I didn't think there were really many other people who knew of all those different armor sets. Even mentioning the Ranger Arbiter set surprised me.
Thank you, I've worked my -Yoink- off on it over the years and I will continue to update it as new armors and subspecies are revealed. For an easier viewing experience (especially when it comes to the pictures), I recommend you click on this link and then click on "Various Species' Combat Harnesses and Subspecies". And check out "A Perfect Halo Game" while you're at it, I've been working on that for a long time now, too.
KBTS Venom wrote:

Thank you, I've worked my -Yoink- off on it over the years and I will continue to update it as new armors and subspecies are revealed. For an easier viewing experience (especially when it comes to the pictures), I recommend you click on this link and then click on "Various Species' Combat Harnesses and Subspecies". And check out "A Perfect Halo Game" while you're at it, I've been working on that for a long time now, too.
I kept trying to check it out but it wouldn't let me for some reason :/.
KBTS Venom wrote:

That's bizarre. Maybe this isn't the place for it, but what would happen when you clicked it?
After the recent 343 announcement, it seems like Elites are quite likely. They did say that they do plan on focusing on cosmetics (referring to armor), however this may also mean character models. They did also say it's the fans' universe and acknowledged their mistakes, which may mean that Elites could be reintroduced alongside 4 player splitscreen and Reach customization. Simply speculation, of course.
What recent announcement are you referring to?
343 livestream confirmed halo reach-like customization, 4 player splitscreen, black under suits and assuring us that only the non metal parts will be black, and a pc release will be tuned for pc players and not just a port.

Nothing about our precious leets but this does make me hopeful, 343 has been making lots of the right decisions lately. Stead fast though! This thread will not die until elites are confirmed!
That already cheered me up a LOT! Made my day <3. REACH-LIKE CUSTOMIZATION? COUNT ME IN! I'm VERY excited about this right now. Playable Elites now look like a very possible feature ^-^
I haven't watched the stream myself, but I heard that somebody asked about playable Sangheili and then they responded with, "We can't talk about that right now."

Is this true?
Hidden Xperia says yes, that's, indeed, true. But I didn't watch the stream myself too 😜. It's not confirmed, but it's also not denied.
That is good news to me.
KBTS Venom wrote:

That's bizarre. Maybe this isn't the place for it, but what would happen when you clicked it?
I'd click on it, it'll show me the file, but the only option it gives me to do is report and erase it.
For Halo: Infinite, how many of you truly believe that Elites will become playable in multiplayer again? Truthfully, I think it can happen. I say this because Halo 5: Guardians was released in 2015, and not long after launch, one can firmly assume that 343 started planning on the next major title. Halo: Infinite will definitely not be released this year. I agree with many that say it would most likely be released in fall of 2020. This gives 343 plenty of time to develop a good, solid story, develop a good, solid multiplayer, design great armor sets and make sure they work with the Reach custimaztion we were wonderfully promised, and implement Elites alongside everything.
Think about this as well, 343 has gone down the list of things fans have been begging for and has been giving it to us so far. They promised us our good old 4 player splitscreen, they promised us Reach customization, and they promised us something quite obviously a smaller request than our Elite post here, black undersuits. After working so hard on restoring the things we love about the classic Halo franchise, it's hard to believe that Elites would be left out once again. I'm 100% positive that 343 does understand the love we have for the Elites, I truly do. So if I can make my full opinion on the Elites for Infinite, I predict we will in fact have playable Elites and they'll come with their classic design.
Let me know what you all think!
For Halo: Infinite, how many of you truly believe that Elites will become playable in multiplayer again? Truthfully, I think it can happen. I say this because Halo 5: Guardians was released in 2015, and not long after launch, one can firmly assume that 343 started planning on the next major title. Halo: Infinite will definitely not be released this year. I agree with many that say it would most likely be released in fall of 2020. This gives 343 plenty of time to develop a good, solid story, develop a good, solid multiplayer, design great armor sets and make sure they work with the Reach custimaztion we were wonderfully promised, and implement Elites alongside everything.
Think about this as well, 343 has gone down the list of things fans have been begging for and has been giving it to us so far. They promised us our good old 4 player splitscreen, they promised us Reach customization, and they promised us something quite obviously a smaller request than our Elite post here, black undersuits. After working so hard on restoring the things we love about the classic Halo franchise, it's hard to believe that Elites would be left out once again. I'm 100% positive that 343 does understand the love we have for the Elites, I truly do. So if I can make my full opinion on the Elites for Infinite, I predict we will in fact have playable Elites and they'll come with their classic design.
Hell yes my dude, I agree, it must be only a matter of time before they reveal our Alien Samurai's.
Agreed, though plenty thought halo 5 would have them. I hope they finally return, if they do though I wonder if 343 will finally give a reason on why it took almost a decade.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Agreed, though plenty thought halo 5 would have them. I hope they finally return, if they do though I wonder if 343 will finally give a reason on why it took almost a decade.
It's was due to canon consistency. MP in Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 4 and Halo 5 is canon. For H2A it's understandable, not only because they were there in the OG game but because the Spartans don't have any sort of advantage that the Elites can't have (such as SAs). Halo 4 and Halo 5 in particular take place in the UNSC Infinity, which further makes their appearance unlikely. H2A could be in the Infinity, but since the Anvil Initiative is a thing it could potentially be in another ship or facility meant to strengthen the bonds between Spartans and Elites.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
It's was due to canon consistency. MP in Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 4 and Halo 5 is canon. For H2A it's understandable, not only because they were there in the OG game but because the Spartans don't have any sort of advantage that the Elites can't have (such as SAs). Halo 4 and Halo 5 in particular take place in the UNSC Infinity, which further makes their appearance unlikely. H2A could be in the Infinity, but since the Anvil Initiative is a thing it could potentially be in another ship or facility meant to strengthen the bonds between Spartans and Elites.
Hm,I had forgotten they made H2A multiplayer canon so fair enough. Yet I continue to wonder why the lack of them in halo 5. We visit the homeworld, have multiplayer maps set on said world, and can even forge sangheili items. I just don't see the point of why the kept them out with those rather sangheili-centered things.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Actually, Halo: Warfleet stated that the UNSC Infinity's crew has 24 Swords of Sanghelios aboard, my guess being for Wargames simulations. So canon consistency is most certainly not the reason why. It's more likely because Microsoft kind of pushed Halo 5 out the door incomplete, so that Halo could stick to that 3-year precedent set by Bungie. So 343i had to focus on other things, such as the competitive side of the game, rather than a feature like playable Sangheili.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Hm,I had forgotten they made H2A multiplayer canon so fair enough. Yet I continue to wonder why the lack of them in halo 5. We visit the homeworld, have multiplayer maps set on said world, and can even forge sangheili items. I just don't see the point of why the kept them out with those rather sangheili-centered things.
I DID explain why thought. =)
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Actually, Halo: Warfleet stated that the UNSC Infinity's crew has 24 Swords of Sanghelios aboard, my guess being for Wargames simulations. So canon consistency is most certainly not the reason why. It's more likely because Microsoft kind of pushed Halo 5 out the door incomplete, so that Halo could stick to that 3 year-precedent set by Bungie. So 343i had to focus on other things, such as the competitive side of the game, rather than a feature like playable Sangheili.
I'm aware of them, but I personally think they aren't there for simulations. Perhaps technicians? The book doesn't specify what types they are. For all we know they could be soldiers... or technicians as I said.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Yea, just feels off either way. Like halo 3 without humans and yet having human-forge items. All these covenant/remnant/sangheili items to build large bases, and no sangheili to reside in them.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Yea, just feels off either way. Like halo 3 without humans and yet having human-forge items. All these covenant/remnant/sangheili items to build large bases, and no sangheili to reside in them.
Well, ChocolateRay618 does have a point about that. If Playable Sangheili were a focus in Halo 5 but were cut due to Microsoft rushing them, then maybe we wouldn't have to dress our Spartan up as a knock-off Arbiter. However, I have hopes that Infinite will aim into improving off of Halo 5's features and re-incorporating old ones as well. We have black undersuits, 4 player splitscreen and reach-like customization. A great start. And since Playable Elites weren't immediately denied, it's still very possible.
As much as I'd love to see playable Elites return, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Vlexis wrote:
As much as I'd love to see playable Elites return, I'm not getting my hopes up.
I don't blame you. All these years without them still makes me doubt it sometimes if I could be honest with you.
This year in 2019 I became so elastic to know 343I didn't deny elites when asked. As a result it prompted me to make a video that prompted me to explain what I would like to see for Sangheili Customization's especially if it isn't dum down like it was in Halo Reach. I go over points like "The Various designs elites have" ranging from Halo CE to Halo 3 and so forth. I even go on to mention how i think they should add Female Sangheili into the mix. I mostly put my idea's following the setting Halo Reach set for Spartan Customization.

I personally believe that they may actually not add Sangheili if we don't put on the table the idea's for customization we want. I've heard people talking about wanting them back but never go into detail about how they want him to be and customized. Such as how they are implemented. If we start acting as if we expect it perhaps the results will be of desire.

I created this video here if you'd like to try and support my idea's.

If you want to watch that video here it is:
Halo: Infinite Customizations *Part 1* | Sangheili Armory Designs
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 886
  4. 887
  5. 888
  6. 889
  7. 890
  8. ...
  9. 895