6. 891
  7. 892
  8. ...
  9. 897
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Perhaps a Sangheili firefight would be a nice add on as well. Fight against Jiralhanae and other races in maps such as perhaps the streets of High Charity or homeworlds. On a somewhat related topic I am now wondering, the sangheili commander from Versus Reach firefight. Was that supposed to be a random officer, or the field marshal from the campaign?
What are you referring to?
On Reach when you play Versus Firefight or invasion. Humans have their announcer, the Covenant have their own.
I was imagining that. Spartans have Holland. I believe Elites have Rho 'Barutamee, the shipmaster aboard the CSO Long Night of Solace.
That's what I was curious on though, would it really be Rho though? He was busy on his ship, thus why I always figured it was the field marshal from the campaign as he appears multiple times.
It could always be. Remember that the MP games aside from Halo 4, H2A and Halo 5 aren't cannon, so whether it's Rho or not, it ultimately doesn't have any sort of impact.
True, although I have heard that somehow H2A and the others are canon as training exercises like halo 4 and 5. Just joint-training compared rather then the hologram training variety.
Not quite. In Halo 2A, Halo 4 and Halo 5 we play as S-IVs, whereas we play as S-IIIs in Reach and as S-IIs in others. The way this is relevant is that because S-IVs are in steady production while S-IIs and (I believe) S-IIIs have stopped completely. Not to mention that there are very few known S-IV personnel, effectively allowing you to take the role of someone that is shaped by you. ALMOST like Noble Six, except that Six is an established character from Beta Company, I believe.
EDIT: Think about Spartan Ops instead. Your character doesn't appear in cut scenes, is mentioned only through the fireteam's name and the appearance has no impact whatsoever on the story.
What of invasion gametype in reach? Wasn't that the canon thing outside of the plot?
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Perhaps a Sangheili firefight would be a nice add on as well. Fight against Jiralhanae and other races in maps such as perhaps the streets of High Charity or homeworlds. On a somewhat related topic I am now wondering, the sangheili commander from Versus Reach firefight. Was that supposed to be a random officer, or the field marshal from the campaign?
On Reach when you play Versus Firefight or invasion. Humans have their announcer, the Covenant have their own.
I was imagining that. Spartans have Holland. I believe Elites have Rho 'Barutamee, the shipmaster aboard the CSO Long Night of Solace.
That's what I was curious on though, would it really be Rho though? He was busy on his ship, thus why I always figured it was the field marshal from the campaign as he appears multiple times.
It could always be. Remember that the MP games aside from Halo 4, H2A and Halo 5 aren't cannon, so whether it's Rho or not, it ultimately doesn't have any sort of impact.
True, although I have heard that somehow H2A and the others are canon as training exercises like halo 4 and 5. Just joint-training compared rather then the hologram training variety.
Not quite. In Halo 2A, Halo 4 and Halo 5 we play as S-IVs, whereas we play as S-IIIs in Reach and as S-IIs in others. The way this is relevant is that because S-IVs are in steady production while S-IIs and (I believe) S-IIIs have stopped completely. Not to mention that there are very few known S-IV personnel, effectively allowing you to take the role of someone that is shaped by you. ALMOST like Noble Six, except that Six is an established character from Beta Company, I believe.
EDIT: Think about Spartan Ops instead. Your character doesn't appear in cut scenes, is mentioned only through the fireteam's name and the appearance has no impact whatsoever on the story.
What of invasion gametype in reach? Wasn't that the canon thing outside of the plot?
It was a gamemode to fit the theme of the game, but it's not cannon since you play as a S-III. Remember that Bungie never made it's MP games cannon. At this point in time, it would be very cannon-breaking to make every MP game that you play as anything but a S-IV.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
It was a gamemode to fit the theme of the game, but it's not cannon since you play as a S-III. Remember that Bungie never made it's MP games cannon. At this point in time, it would be very cannon-breaking to make every MP game that you play as anything but a S-IV.
Huh..all these years I was under the impression the events there, interesting. Thanks for clearing that up
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
I never thought of that, I wonder if there was a specific caracter they had in mind for the firefight announcer. I would love an Elite announcer in the games though.
I'm liking the way we're all talking, I'm always up for exploring Sangheili lore, established, ongoing and entirely new lore. For example I would be interested in seeing the Sangheili Gods referenced in not only books and comics but also the games, like for example, the chief god Urs is described as a sort of God of Light, so a cool armour effect would be to have something like "Urs' Blessing" which gives a divine glowing effect around your armour or the three suns of Sangheilios orbit your head, or when you die something along those lines happens. I've taken it upon myself to expand this area of Sangheili lore: https://www.deviantart.com/decidingnebula/art/The-Sangheili-Gods-Subject-to-Change-774747920 so I'd love to see the games go deeper into it even if they are just legends and tales you may hear an Ascetic Priest you fight alongside say in ambient dialogue.
Well, now that there is a community feedback manager, perhaps we could turn out questions and wants to him. Of course, spamming him wouldn't be appropriate, but showing him that it there is quite a few people desiring playable elites would increase the possibility. Though I'm sure they're already more than aware of this mega topic, considering its gone on for literal years. Perhaps we may even get invasion back.
Well, now that there is a community feedback manager, perhaps we could turn out questions and wants to him. Of course, spamming him wouldn't be appropriate, but showing him that it there is quite a few people desiring playable elites would increase the possibility. Though I'm sure they're already more than aware of this mega topic, considering its gone on for literal years. Perhaps we may even get invasion back.
When asked if Elites were going to be playable in Infinite, they said that the subject was "outside the scoop of today". So, not confirmed BUT not immediately denied. We may be in for a huge surprise, but let's not get surprised if they're de-confirmed.
When asked if Elites were going to be playable in Infinite, they said that the subject was "outside the scoop of today". So, not confirmed BUT not immediately denied. We may be in for a huge surprise, but let's not get surprised if they're de-confirmed.
What a shame that would be if they weren't confirmed.

Honestly, with all the fight we've put up, I'll play as an Elite the rest of my life lol
If anything that means that there will be a future date where they will address the ability to play as elites, even if the answer is no. Because ‘outside the scope of today’ infers that there will eventually be a day. Which either way is good imo as we will get to have more livestreams like that December one.
Nalla78 wrote:
If anything that means that there will be a future date where they will address the ability to play as elites, even if the answer is no. Because ‘outside the scope of today’ infers that there will eventually be a day. Which either way is good imo as we will get to have more livestreams like that December one.
Precisely my thoughts. They've seen the demand, they will answer. But honestly, if they got 4-player co-op, black undersuits, a planned insider program and reach-like customization, I have hopes that they're trying to fulfill as many requests as possible, namely, requests to return to form. We've all seen this in the past and they became a strong part of Halo. If they're even taking inspiration from CE to make their campaign, it's very possible that we may have actually won this war already. I mean, I think it's quite evident through the content released for Halo 5.
H2 BR, H2 Beam Rifle, HCE Magnum, SPNKr RL, Sentinel Beam, Noble Team's armor, Classic Helmet REQ Pack and so on. Some of these are even exact copies of others, just with a different texture. The SPNKr and the T-50 Beam Rifle are literal reskins of the pre-existing weapons, but they added them anyway.
Nalla78 wrote:
Precisely my thoughts. They've seen the demand, they will answer. But honestly, if they got 4-player co-op, black undersuits, a planned insider program and reach-like customization, I have hopes that they're trying to fulfill as many requests as possible, namely, requests to return to form. We've all seen this in the past and they became a strong part of Halo. If they're even taking inspiration from CE to make their campaign, it's very possible that we may have actually won this war already. I mean, I think it's quite evident through the content released for Halo 5.
H2 BR, H2 Beam Rifle, HCE Magnum, SPNKr RL, Sentinel Beam, Noble Team's armor, Classic Helmet REQ Pack and so on. Some of these are even exact copies of others, just with a different texture. The SPNKr and the T-50 Beam Rifle are literal reskins of the pre-existing weapons, but they added them anyway.
There's some good news at least.
New Sangheili armor added to the collection. That makes 42 current armors.

Halo: Lone Wolf "Ranger"

I put Ranger in quotes because even though I assume it to be a Ranger, we have no confirmation of such and the visor is not proof of a Ranger, as the Silent Shadow also adorn a visor. What do you guys think he is? These are all the images of him so we really know next to nothing about him.
New Sangheili armor added to the collection.

Halo: Lone Wolf "Ranger"I put Ranger in quotes because even though I assume it to be a Ranger, we have no confirmation of such and the visor is not proof of a Ranger, as the Silent Shadow also adorn a visor. What do you guys think he is? These are all the images of him so we really know next to nothing about him.
I believe it's a ranger because the armor is exactly the same as Reach's Ranger. Literally the only change is the helmet which could mean that Sangheili clad in this armor may be for other specific operations in zero-gravity environments. It's true purpose, I have no idea whatsoever.
New Sangheili armor added to the collection.

Halo: Lone Wolf "Ranger"I put Ranger in quotes because even though I assume it to be a Ranger, we have no confirmation of such and the visor is not proof of a Ranger, as the Silent Shadow also adorn a visor. What do you guys think he is? These are all the images of him so we really know next to nothing about him.
I believe it's a ranger because the armor is exactly the same as Reach's Ranger. Literally the only change is the helmet which could mean that Sangheili clad in this armor may be for other specific operations in zero-gravity environments. It's true purpose, I have no idea whatsoever.
You're right, the armor is exactly the same besides the helmet. I really should take more time to look at these things lol.
New Sangheili armor added to the collection. That makes 44 current armors.

That helmet is cool as hell, also that officer elite looks freeze dried lol
I hope they allow female body types for Sangheili playable characters (i just hope they arent overly sexualized), as a major plot point in Halo 5 is that the Swords Of Sangheilos allow women to fight in their ranks. (note that the female Sangheili design from Halo Legends is not canon)
WFD1992 wrote:
I hope they allow female body types for Sangheili playable characters (i just hope they arent overly sexualized), as a major plot point in Halo 5 is that the Swords Of Sangheilos allow women to fight in their ranks. (note that the female Sangheili design from Halo Legends is not canon)
I wouldn't really call that a major plot point, but yeah I hope so too.
WFD1992 wrote:
I certainly hope so, finally we may get to actually see a real depiction of a Sangheili female
WFD1992 wrote:
I certainly hope so, finally we may get to actually see a real depiction of a Sangheili female
Technically, theres a picture from Halo: Shadow Of Intent that shows Tul 'Juran (the figure with the energy lance in the middle), a female Sangheili.
Playable elites with their flood form in the infection mode (if there is an infection mode in infinite)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 888
  4. 889
  5. 890
  6. 891
  7. 892
  8. ...
  9. 897