3. 891
  4. 892
  5. 893
  6. 894
  7. 895
  8. ...
  9. 897
rocketFox wrote:
The reason why Elites might not be in H4 multiplayer would be purely gameplay related, not to do with any convenient backstory they conjure up. Elites are way too big compared to even the biggest Spartan, I think Bungie realised this and thats why we have the hunched over dinos of H3 and the massive different play style models of Elites in Reach.

Its tricky.
It worked in Halo 2, 3 and Reach.
rocketFox wrote:
The reason why Elites might not be in H4 multiplayer would be purely gameplay related, not to do with any convenient backstory they conjure up. Elites are way too big compared to even the biggest Spartan, I think Bungie realised this and thats why we have the hunched over dinos of H3 and the massive different play style models of Elites in Reach.

Its tricky.
It worked in Halo 2, 3 and Reach.
They play the same and I already said a long time ago the faster movement and higher jump are nothing, the difference is really small, you have to find a map where Spartans can't jump over something to take an important path.

If there is something, Elites can't force the shield to recharge with a health pack.

In Invasion, it wasn't really balanced enough, only Invasion Skirmish tried to make things more fair by giving an Elite loadout with a Needle Rifle at the beginning.
I hope they add elites back to mp
Here's what I think. If the Ranked Match issue is so big, then just split the matches. What I mean is the Spartans can have their own Ranked section while the Elites have another. Elites can fight Elites, Spartans can fight Spartans. In Public, they can be bunched together as much as the people want. Spartans shouldn't get to enjoy both Public and Ranked while Elites are forced to do only Public, that just sucks. Spartans get everything in their favor in multiplayer, and Halo Infinite can change that. Let the Elites have interchangeable armor like Spartans. It doesn't matter if the armor doesn't go together, it's just a game and the players should craft their characters to their hearts desire. If they give the Elites a big return by implementing this stuff, the player base will skyrocket I can assure you.
Here's what I think. If the Ranked Match issue is so big, then just split the matches. What I mean is the Spartans can have their own Ranked section while the Elites have another. Elites can fight Elites, Spartans can fight Spartans. In Public, they can be bunched together as much as the people want. Spartans shouldn't get to enjoy both Public and Ranked while Elites are forced to do only Public, that just sucks. Spartans get everything in their favor in multiplayer, and Halo Infinite can change that. Let the Elites have interchangeable armor like Spartans. It doesn't matter if the armor doesn't go together, it's just a game and the players should craft their characters to their hearts desire. If they give the Elites a big return by implementing this stuff, the player base will skyrocket I can assure you.
A good idea and I think has been recommended from time to time over the years. If people did take an issue with it, I don't see why 343 couldn't do a "beta" mixed rank for both races for, say a month. If it works, great! If balance becomes an issue, both will have their own rank games to go with. While I woeld prefer a proper mix, if such a thing was simply not capable of being done, I think I could live with two ranks.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
A good idea and I think has been recommended from time to time over the years. If people did take an issue with it, I don't see why 343 couldn't do a "beta" mixed rank for both races for, say a month. If it works, great! If balance becomes an issue, both will have their own rank games to go with. While I woeld prefer a proper mix, if such a thing was simply not capable of being done, I think I could live with two ranks.
Right? I don't think it's such a bad idea to appeal to both races. As long as our good old Elites are treated fairly, we're all good on my end.
I want a customization like halo 3 for Elites, or something better.
Bring the elites back as playable you may get surprise with any new machinimas from infinite with player as elites just like how rise of the spartans and dawn of the titans was on reach
Bring the elites back as playable you may get surprise with any new machinimas from infinite with player as elites just like how rise of the spartans and dawn of the titans was on reach
Yes, I agree
I guess the topic of the thread needs to be changed. How the heck am I supposed to know this thread also included playable Brutes?

Also Halo 5 forum? really? I think that game is moving to maintenance mode while Halo Infinite is in production.
Spoiler:
Show
I guess the topic of the thread needs to be changed. How the heck am I supposed to know this thread also included playable Brutes?

Also Halo 5 forum? really? I think that game is moving to maintenance mode while Halo Infinite is in production.
Spoiler:
Show
It used to be in Halo 4's forum, but it was since moved. It's not been moved to Halo Infinite's because it's just so large. So many pages and responses, along with so much history that it can't be moved and won't be locked.

Spoiler:
Show
It used to be in Halo 4's forum, but it was since moved. It's not been moved to Halo Infinite's because it's just so large. So many pages and responses, along with so much history that it can't be moved and won't be locked.
It needs to be moved to the Infinite forum or a new thread needs to be made there. I mean the thread about playable elites in the Legacy Halos (Halo 1 thru 4) is not locked. But we don't go there to talk about why elites are not playable in Halo 5. That would be like coming here to demand playable elites in ODST.

Spoiler:
Show
It needs to be moved to the Infinite forum or a new thread needs to be made there. I mean the thread about playable elites in the Legacy Halos (Halo 1 thru 4) is not locked. But we don't go there to talk about why elites are not playable in Halo 5. That would be like coming here to demand playable elites in ODST.
It's not locked because maybe it slipped under everyone's vision.
I already explained why both options aren't happening.
It needs to be moved to the Infinite forum or a new thread needs to be made there.
It can't be moved due to forum limitations, for now we're keeping this one open and preserving the history of the thread. We may decide at some point to start a new one, but for now this one is the thread to use
In all my time on Halo forums this was one of my favorite threads. Sad 343 never listened but I am looking forward to the MCC on PC, can't wait to kick some Spartans around again.
In all my time on Halo forums this was one of my favorite threads. Sad 343 never listened but I am looking forward to the MCC on PC, can't wait to kick some Spartans around again.
If you watched one of the social stream, when they were asked about playable Sangheili in Infinite, all they said was that they "couldn't talk about it" and "it's outside the scoop of today."
In other words, they weren't confirmed, but not denied.
If you watched one of the social stream, when they were asked about playable Sangheili in Infinite, all they said was that they "couldn't talk about it" and "it's outside the scoop of today."
Only took them 7 years. Sticking with what I said a few years ago, I'm not going to buy any of the 343 games, with the exception of the MCC.
<p></p>
Only took them 7 years. Sticking with what I said a few years ago, I'm not going to buy any of the 343 games, with the exception of the MCC.
<p></p>
We have no idea what Infinite has in store for us. It could very well have playable Sangheili, yet you stick to your rule from when 343 was generally seen in a completely different light?
<p></p>
We have no idea what Infinite has in store for us. It could very well have playable Sangheili, yet you stick to your rule from when 343 was generally seen in a completely different light?
Back when I made the decision 343 was seen in a much more hopeful light, Halo 4 wasn't as good as everyone had hoped but Halo 5 was right around the corner and people were excited. But its been a while, I don't own an xbone and I don't plan on getting one just for halo infinite, especially after the last two games.
I miss the days of playing Halo 3 and reach after school with my mates, and just about everyone knew and loved halo. Now, none of my friends play the new games, let alone own any consoles. I'm just looking forward to the MCC and it's elites. I am not going to hold my breath in anticipation for any more 343 products, especially after the direction they took with the story.
<p></p>
Back when I made the decision 343 was seen in a much more hopeful light, Halo 4 wasn't as good as everyone had hoped but Halo 5 was right around the corner and people were excited. But its been a while, I don't own an xbone and I don't plan on getting one just for halo infinite, especially after the last two games.
I miss the days of playing Halo 3 and reach after school with my mates, and just about everyone knew and loved halo. Now, none of my friends play the new games, let alone own any consoles. I'm just looking forward to the MCC and it's elites. I am not going to hold my breath in anticipation for any more 343 products, especially after the direction they took with the story.
Yea we will found out more hopefully with infinite at this year E3 also they better be smart and add playable elites in infinite cause whether 343 KNOWS THIS OR NOT that WAS ONE OF THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE STOP PLAYING HALO CAUSE OF NO PLAYABLE ELITES.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 891
  4. 892
  5. 893
  6. 894
  7. 895
  8. ...
  9. 897