2. ...
  3. 893
  4. 894
  5. 895
  6. 896
  7. 897
  8. ...
  9. 898
this thread has run its course and needs to be locked.It doesn't matter that this thread was started back in Halo 4.
a new one needs to be made in the Halo Infinite forum.
If I may, outside of just adding another thread to the infinite forums, would it really change much? This thread has become almost a..home, or a saga wall of sorts for sangheili players and fans both. Most of us here have either been on the thread itself since its birth, or watched it from then on. Besides, No real sangheili news has hit in many years, so what would there really be to discuss in the new thread that's not discussed here already in a rather causal way?

If we got news that "Hey, 343 here, the sangheili have returned to multiplayer, what do you think?" Then yes, that would provide a reason to make a new thread as there would be now a vast amount of new topics to discuss.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
this thread has run its course and needs to be locked.It doesn't matter that this thread was started back in Halo 4.
a new one needs to be made in the Halo Infinite forum.
If I may, outside of just adding another thread to the infinite forums, would it really change much? This thread has become almost a..home, or a saga wall of sorts for sangheili players and fans both. Most of us here have either been on the thread itself since its birth, or watched it from then on. Besides, No real sangheili news has hit in many years, so what would there really be to discuss in the new thread that's not discussed here already in a rather causal way?

If we got news that "Hey, 343 here, the sangheili have returned to multiplayer, what do you think?" Then yes, that would provide a reason to make a new thread as there would be now a vast amount of new topics to discuss.
Because Elites never had come to Halo 4 and never will come to Halo 5. 343 didn't get the memo the first time and leaving this here and then locking all relevant threads in a relevant forum just because there was a thread in the last game is the wrong attitude. People don't want to go to Halo 5 to talk about Halo Infinite, they want to go to Halo Infinite. Besides halo 4 and 5 are now permanently the no elites in multiplayer zone. You want to play as elites, go to Reach of Halo 2 or Halo 3. Which is even more reason to make a thread in Halo Infinite. So you wanted playable elites in Halo 4, that didn't happen but you had hopes that this thread would have made them playable in Halo 5. 343 didn't listen to you and your 800+ pages. THe information here right now is so old and so outdated there is no longer a need for this thread and there are so many other good threads that are being locked because of this.

This Thread needs to END. It serves no point, and the time for this thread to make a difference has already past years ago!
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Because Elites never had come to Halo 4 and never will come to Halo 5. 343 didn't get the memo the first time and leaving this here and then locking all relevant threads in a relevant forum just because there was a thread in the last game is the wrong attitude. People don't want to go to Halo 5 to talk about Halo Infinite, they want to go to Halo Infinite. Besides halo 4 and 5 are now permanently the no elites in multiplayer zone. You want to play as elites, go to Reach of Halo 2 or Halo 3. Which is even more reason to make a thread in Halo Infinite. So you wanted playable elites in Halo 4, that didn't happen but you had hopes that this thread would have made them playable in Halo 5. 343 didn't listen to you and your 800+ pages. THe information here right now is so old and so outdated there is no longer a need for this thread and there are so many other good threads that are being locked because of this.

This Thread needs to END. It serves no point, and the time for this thread to make a difference has already past years ago!
You seem to be under the impression that I disagreed with you, I do not. While I guess my post was a bit long-winded, the base point was simply, this is pretty much where we are until 343 gives the go-ahead to make a new thread in Infinite. Come to think of it, I believe a few of the mods that have come here now and again confirmed as much. This thread will one day be locked and a new one made when it's purpose is served. Why not now,? That's pretty much up to 343 I guess, like I said, I honestly think they are waiting to confirm playable sangheili, thus giving this thread's purpose "closure," and allowing a new one to come to life.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

You seem to be under the impression that I disagreed with you, I do not. While I guess my post was a bit long-winded, the base point was simply, this is pretty much where we are until 343 gives the go-ahead to make a new thread in Infinite. Come to think of it, I believe a few of the mods that have come here now and again confirmed as much. This thread will one day be locked and a new one made when it's purpose is served. Why not now,? That's pretty much up to 343 I guess, like I said, I honestly think they are waiting to confirm playable sangheili, thus giving this thread's purpose "closure," and allowing a new one to come to life.
Well if 343 is not making playable elites, then perhaps all threads about playing as elites should be locked and 343 should put that in their FAQ that elites would not be coming to any mainline halo game. I get that 343 is making the next game, not us. But I also don't get why playable grunts/brutes/flood/promethean threads have to get locked in halo infinite because there is a elite thread in halo 5 forum.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

Well if 343 is not making playable elites, then perhaps all threads about playing as elites should be locked and 343 should put that in their FAQ that elites would not be coming to any mainline halo game. I get that 343 is making the next game, not us. But I also don't get why playable grunts/brutes/flood/promethean threads have to get locked in halo infinite because there is a elite thread in halo 5 forum.
That's the problem, they won't confirm or deny. I think only once did they confirm no playable sangheili, days before halo 5 came out via a tweet. As for the other races' threads getting locked, I am not sure honestly. I assume, that they would rather focus on the one race that was playable, rather then a whole new race for play. Perhaps those would become playable here infinite, who knows.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

That's the problem, they won't confirm or deny. I think only once did they confirm no playable sangheili, days before halo 5 came out via a tweet. As for the other races' threads getting locked, I am not sure honestly. I assume, that they would rather focus on the one race that was playable, rather then a whole new race for play. Perhaps those would become playable here infinite, who knows.
there in Infinite, here is Halo 5 and here is just about gone
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

Moderators refer to this thread as one that can include other species as well. They can't lock it literally because of how large and old this thread is. If someone wants to find a playable Elites thread when referring to Infinite, they'll still find this thread. It would make no difference if it was moved. I've never seen anyone complain because of the placement of this thread. I've seen people wonder why, but nobody's complained about it. The only way this thread would probably be locked is if it was inactive for like a month or something, but even that has a real slim chance. Like Ado said before, they'll probably close this one whenever they confirm playable Elites in Infinite. Until then, we'll keep talking here about playable Elites and other species.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

Moderators refer to this thread as one that can include other species as well. They can't lock it literally because of how large and old this thread is. If someone wants to find a playable Elites thread when referring to Infinite, they'll still find this thread. It would make no difference if it was moved. I've never seen anyone complain because of the placement of this thread. I've seen people wonder why, but nobody's complained about it. The only way this thread would probably be locked is if it was inactive for like a month or something, but even that has a real slim chance. Like Ado said before, they'll probably close this one whenever they confirm playable Elites in Infinite. Until then, we'll keep talking here about playable Elites and other species.
So we will keep talking about playing as elites in a game where we cannot play as elites.

As for all the lock threads in halo infinite, I am the only one that comes here, and I don't want to visit the H5 forums.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

So we will keep talking about playing as elites in a game where we cannot play as elites.

As for all the lock threads in halo infinite, I am the only one that comes here, and I don't want to visit the H5 forums.
This thread is specifically discussing the addition of playable Elites to 343's multiplayer. Not Halo 5 exclusively. And for the record, this thread used to be in Halo 4's forums, and was moved to Halo 5. The reason why it cannot be moved to Infinite's is because it's simply too large. It has way too many responses. The mods also refuse to close it due to it's history.
To close this one only to start another one with the exact same topic is not only redundant but it essentially throws away history. History of a community who have continuously voiced their thoughts, ideas and criticism in order to include (or not) Playable Elites in the multiplayer of new releases. Not exclusively to Halo 5 as it was before, not to Halo Infinite right now, and not for the next main Halo game.

It's your problem. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It was in Halo 4, now it's in Halo 5, and it'll never move from there. In the end, it's literally the same domain, just with different topics that you can easily ignore.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

This thread is specifically discussing the addition of playable Elites to 343's multiplayer. Not Halo 5 exclusively. And for the record, this thread used to be in Halo 4's forums, and was moved to Halo 5. The reason why it cannot be moved to Infinite's is because it's simply too large. It has way too many responses. The mods also refuse to close it due to it's history.
To close this one only to start another one with the exact same topic is not only redundant but it essentially throws away history. History of a community who have continuously voiced their thoughts, ideas and criticism in order to include (or not) Playable Elites in the multiplayer of new releases. Not exclusively to Halo 5 as it was before, not to Halo Infinite right now, and not for the next main Halo game.

It's your problem. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It was in Halo 4, now it's in Halo 5, and it'll never move from there. In the end, it's literally the same domain, just with different topics that you can easily ignore.
If this feature is not in Infinite, then there is nothing you can say to convince me that 343 doesn't want playable elites, and this was jsut to keep the discussion out of Halo Infinite.
Even the author of this thread has given up on them and is no longer around.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

If this feature is not in Infinite, then there is nothing you can say to convince me that 343 doesn't want playable elites, and this was jsut to keep the discussion out of Halo Infinite.
If 343 doesn't want Playable Elites in Halo Infinite, that's their decision, not ours. All we can do is encourage them, voice our ideas and requests. We voiced our concern with the artstyle, and now we have Bungie's style back. Seeing as Playable Elites are nearly as requested as the artstyle, it's very possible for that to happen. It also helps that they didn't immediately shoot down the idea when asked.

Likely because of Halo 5. That was the game which marked a mortal blow to Halo's popularity. Yes, it's still popular, but the blow drove away a LOT of fans.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

Well really the people who left Halo weren't only mad about Elites. They've been mad at the removal of split screen, dual wielding, the lackluster campaign, things like that. The author of the thread could've left Halo simply because Halo 5 was just an overall bad Halo, who's to say but him? This thread being here isn't bad, I don't even see the issue with it being here. People get to voice their opinions in a giant thread with a long history on Halo Waypoint. It doesn't matter where it is, what matters is that it's here.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Oh wow, I actually didn't know that. That's honestly ridiculous and insanely unfair. The guy speaks his mind about a huge component missing from Halo and gets the axe. That's such a shame.
There are always 2 sides to every story, don't always run with 50% - at that, public discussion of moderation decisions are not allowed on the forums. Especially moderation that doesn't concern this forum. If you have concerns about moderation you take them up with the relevant staff in their respective domains, bearing in mind that we do not discuss moderation histories of other users.

Back on topic please.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

Not necessarily 'given up', you speak as if you know him. He started this thread ages ago as a refuge for elite players to let their voice be heard. As much as he wanted to change things, he obviously knew he couldn't alone. This wasn't meant to be his personal thread detailing his hope for elites in future games and his rage at 343 for removing them.
After the disaster that was Halo 4, he lost a lot of interest in 343's idea of Halo and his life started to get a lot more busy. I can assure you he still very much cares for the future of elite players, he just has higher priorities.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

Not necessarily 'given up', you speak as if you know him. He started this thread ages ago as a refuge for elite players to let their voice be heard. As much as he wanted to change things, he obviously knew he couldn't alone. This wasn't meant to be his personal thread detailing his hope for elites in future games and his rage at 343 for removing them.
After the disaster that was Halo 4, he lost a lot of interest in 343's idea of Halo and his life started to get a lot more busy. I can assure you he still very much cares for the future of elite players, he just has higher priorities.
Don't forget the disaster of Halo 5. He wasn't the only one to lose interest in 343's idea of Halo.
Don't forget the disaster of Halo 5. He wasn't the only one to lose interest in 343's idea of Halo.
We are all aware of how lousy halo 5 went. Cortana gone crazy, random forerunner being whose somehow not a robot with no backstory, lousy multiplayer, etc. We are holding out hope that Infinite will be different with how other things have changed in recent years. Not many of us(myself included) liked the h4 and 5 sangheili designs. We got the old ones now. They have the more classic armor for the Chief now as well and other things shown in Halo Wars 2 and H2A. CLearly they are listening to some extent.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
We are all aware of how lousy halo 5 went. Cortana gone crazy, random forerunner being whose somehow not a robot with no backstory, lousy multiplayer, etc. We are holding out hope that Infinite will be different with how other things have changed in recent years. Not many of us(myself included) liked the h4 and 5 sangheili designs. We got the old ones now. They have the more classic armor for the Chief now as well and other things shown in Halo Wars 2 and H2A. CLearly they are listening to some extent.
And if I could add on to your statement, the Reach customization request had the same amount of requests as our playable Elites request in my opinion. I'm sure they've got something planned, I've got a good feeling. Well, kinda lmao.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
And if I could add on to your statement, the Reach customization request had the same amount of requests as our playable Elites request in my opinion. I'm sure they've got something planned, I've got a good feeling. Well, kinda lmao.
Well whatever they have planned, I really hope Sangheili play like the ones in H3, meaning it can be used in any gametype, not restricted.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 893
  4. 894
  5. 895
  6. 896
  7. 897
  8. ...
  9. 898