2. ...
  3. 895
  4. 896
  5. 897
  6. 898
  7. 899
  8. ...
  9. 913
What was everyone else's favourite Elite design? I know a lot of people were really big fans of the Halo 2A/Halo Wars 2 Elites but I personally felt like they weren't massively reminiscent of the Elites from the original trilogy. For me original Halo 2 elites was peak design, they were elegant and lean and didn't have the clicky crab like looking mandibles that the Halo 2A presented us with.
I personally have always loved the Halo 3 elites, at least their armours. The H2A elites frankly look too scrawny in their armour in my opinion. I'm not saying that they should look like brutes, but I feel that the design of the H2A elites take for granted just how physically strong the elites are in the lore.

Even though Halo Reach didn't have my favourite elites, they still succeeded in making them lean, yet still look physically powerful.
I just want to contribute to this thread “honestly the most lively thread on waypoint so that shows something”, but elites added not just a good playing experience, but eventually beloved characters, like the shipmaster and the arbiter “I’m going to use simple names for people who don’t know their names”. So if they added them back, awesome, but if they added them back to the story, that’d be better. Like the best thing Bungie did was in Halo 2. Honestly apart of Johnson, the Covenant had more character than the human ones and especially Arbiter himself. The shame in his posture, the dishonor in his voice, and just his overall attitude. (Also credit to 343i for perfectly remastering that) Even then the shipmaster was perfect and how he evolved from his relations towards the arbiter. They were a valid species to play as and in our stories.
What was everyone else's favourite Elite design? I know a lot of people were really big fans of the Halo 2A/Halo Wars 2 Elites but I personally felt like they weren't massively reminiscent of the Elites from the original trilogy. For me original Halo 2 elites was peak design, they were elegant and lean and didn't have the clicky crab like looking mandibles that the Halo 2A presented us with.
I love the original design of course, but something about the Reach Elites really clicked with me. I'm not sure if there's an in universe explanation for that design, but I love the way they look. They looked absolutely menacing while keeping that lean body type. They looked stronger and scarier while respecting what the Elites from the previous games looked like. If they bring back that design, I'd be happy.
I liked the h2a campaign elites, they were epic.
I personally have always loved the Halo 3 elites, at least their armours. The H2A elites frankly look too scrawny in their armour in my opinion. I'm not saying that they should look like brutes, but I feel that the design of the H2A elites take for granted just how physically strong the elites are in the lore.

Even though Halo Reach didn't have my favourite elites, they still succeeded in making them lean, yet still look physically powerful.
You should check out Halo Wars, they do a pretty thicc Elite.
Ripa can palm a human skull.
Diovangelo wrote:

Hmm, I see, you are a man of culture. And yea, I agree, I forgot about those guys lol.
Diovangelo wrote:

Oh, I did not like the HW elites, they looked way too bulky and slow for being elites. Then again, the HW2 elites suffer from the opposite problem in my opinion - they look way too scrawny.
I agree.
Halo Wars 2, Reach, Halo 3, along with classic Halo 2, all looked great to me! Halo 4, 5, 2A and some of HW2’s (Shipmaster specifically) on the other hand... too brutish.
My favorite elite design are the ones from Halo ce
My favorite elite design are the ones from Halo ce
My favourite are the elites from Halo Reach.
I liked the h2a campaign elites, they were epic.
Yes, I agree. They are beautiful.
Vespervin wrote:
Agreed. 343i, please don't forget about the Sangheili.
Yes. We need Arbiter in the camapign like halo 2 and 3
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Indeed, has been pretty crazy. Glad to see our voices heard more now.
Yes, elites are important in the halo frinchise and we need to play with him another time in Halo infinite.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Indeed, has been pretty crazy. Glad to see our voices heard more now.
Yes, elites are important in the halo frinchise and we need to play with him another time in Halo infinite.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
I would love to see the return of playable Sangheili in the new series, as well as maybe playable forerunner species (knights?)

but with these, you could build a game type like invasion from reach was really cool.
probably 2? 3 is also very nice
reach felt like they were too grotesque and monstrous, and while i get that they were like that to support the atmosphere that bungie wanted reach to have, they lacked the nobility and grace that i fell in love with in the original trilogy
Haven't posted here since before summer I don't think lol, but anyway after reading the past few pages I have to say that besides the fact that this thread is insanely huge and can't be moved, I feel like this thread is almost a homepage for some of us here, and getting rid of it would be pretty pointless and disappointing. I also would like to stress again that if we do get Elites in Halo Infinite, then we should continue to make the thread relevant as a means of keeping the fact that Elites are back relevant, so we can maintain that they stay in Halo games going forward. But that's just my opinion.

I think, that in keeping with the title: Halo "Infnite", we should have "Infinite" customisation options. And by that I don't mean literally infinite, unless of course that was possible lol, but I mean that we should have as many options as possible, and I feel that Elites should really have the same amount of customisation options as Spartans, for example, I think that Halo Infinite should allow you to have an actual appearance under your Spartan's armour, and you should be able to change their facial appearance, skin, eyes, build and so forth, so if we get that option, I see no harm in the same for Sangheili.

Someone mentioned mandibles being customised, like having cut off mandibles, which I really like. Perhaps you could even put scars on your character- we could even brand our own characters with The Mark of Shame, and Sangheili symbols as tattoos, and of course Sangheili phenotypes from all different Sangheili designs could be chosen too. I know that this is alot to ask for, but I believe that we should have the same variety of customisation for Spartans and Elites.

I know this has also been mentioned a few times too, but I would also love to see Brutes playable too, but of course, Elites are the priority here.
In my own opinion, a 'Playable Species List' for Halo Infinite should consist of:
  • Sangheli (All Elite Phenotypes)
  • Jiralhanae (All Brute Phenotypes)
  • Kig Yar (Both types of Jackals, Skirmisher)
  • Spartan (2-4)
  • ODST
  • Promethean Soldier
  • Promethean Knight
All of these species should have full customization on Halo Reach Spartan levels for max personalization.

The under-suits for all species should also have their own color palette like the primary and secondary palettes as well.

I personally thinks this makes since for the semi-open world theme that their trying make for Halo Infinite.

Thoughts on this?
In my own opinion, a 'Playable Species List' for Halo Infinite should consist of:
  • Sangheli (All Elite Phenotypes)
  • Jiralhanae (All Brute Phenotypes)
  • Kig Yar (Both types of Jackals, Skirmisher)
  • Spartan (2-4)
  • ODST
  • Promethean Soldier
  • Promethean Knight
All of these species should have full customization on Halo Reach Spartan levels for max personalization.

The under-suits for all species should also have their own color palette like the primary and secondary palettes as well.

I personally thinks this makes since for the semi-open world theme that their trying make for Halo Infinite.

Thoughts on this?
I think that might be a little ambitious unless the series transcends into FPS-RPG-MMO Destiny territory. Otherwise I think we would be doing well to have spartan 2-4s, Elites, and maybe ODSTS, all highly customizable.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 895
  4. 896
  5. 897
  6. 898
  7. 899
  8. ...
  9. 913