OP Mat Man 412

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 896
  4. 897
  5. 898
  6. ...
  7. 899
I know im in the minority here but my interest in this franchise started out by seeing the Elites for the first time back in the day when Halo 2 was still online on the OG xbox, and I had a instant fascination with this species since that, and once I learned that I could Play the game as them, I instantly got hyped and bought an Xbox just to start my journey on this wonderful franchise - and the rest is history.But I think its safe to say that I got kinda upset when the Elites started to be "limited" when halo reach came out, and extremelly sad when Halo 4 came out and they were just gone as playable characters.

I just want my Alien Dinos back. dammit.
In my own opinion, a 'Playable Species List' for Halo Infinite should consist of:
  • Sangheli (All Elite Phenotypes)
  • Jiralhanae (All Brute Phenotypes)
  • Kig Yar (Both types of Jackals, Skirmisher)
  • Spartan (2-4)
  • ODST
  • Promethean Soldier
  • Promethean Knight
Thoughts on this?
I don't think ODSTs nor Jackals could work in this type of MP environment. Jackals have this gauntlet shield and would have a small health pool. ODSTs have no shielding whatsoever, so playing as them would be pretty much the same as playing SWAT.
EDIT: Also a big problem that is pretty much never brought up is how could the Brutes even fit into UNSC vehicles. The Scorpion or Falcon's cockpits, for example, are way too small for them.
In my own opinion, a 'Playable Species List' for Halo Infinite should consist of:
  • Spartan (2-4)
  • ODST
  • Promethean Soldier
  • Promethean Knight
All of these species should have full customization on Halo Reach Spartan levels for max personalization.

The under-suits for all species should also have their own color palette like the primary and secondary palettes as well.

I personally thinks this makes since for the semi-open world theme that their trying make for Halo Infinite.

Thoughts on this?
I think that might be a little ambitious unless the series transcends into FPS-RPG-MMO Destiny territory. Otherwise I think we would be doing well to have spartan 2-4s, Elites, and maybe ODSTS, all highly customizable.
Would Brutes be a bit much?
  • Spartan (2-4)
  • ODST
  • Promethean Soldier
  • Promethean Knight
Thoughts on this?
I don't think ODSTs nor Jackals could work in this type of MP environment. Jackals have this gauntlet shield and would have a small health pool. ODSTs have no shielding whatsoever, so playing as them would be pretty much the same as playing SWAT.
EDIT: Also a big problem that is pretty much never brought up is how could the Brutes even fit into UNSC vehicles. The Scorpion or Falcon's cockpits, for example, are way too small for them.
All of these are definitely understandable
I hope in a customization for elites like spartans customization in Halo reach.
  • Spartan (2-4)
  • ODST
  • Promethean Soldier
  • Promethean Knight
All of these species should have full customization on Halo Reach Spartan levels for max personalization.

The under-suits for all species should also have their own color palette like the primary and secondary palettes as well.

I personally thinks this makes since for the semi-open world theme that their trying make for Halo Infinite.

Thoughts on this?
I think that might be a little ambitious unless the series transcends into FPS-RPG-MMO Destiny territory. Otherwise I think we would be doing well to have spartan 2-4s, Elites, and maybe ODSTS, all highly customizable.
I think it would be cool but I don’t know if they really fit into the multiplayer mold like Spartans and Elites do
  • Spartan (2-4)
  • ODST
  • Promethean Soldier
  • Promethean Knight

Thoughts on this?
I think it would be cool but I don’t know if they really fit into the multiplayer mold like Spartans and Elites do
Makes sense but you gotta admit, it would be cool for Machinima and role playing clans.
  • Spartan (2-4)
  • ODST
  • Promethean Soldier
  • Promethean Knight

Thoughts on this?
Makes sense but you gotta admit, it would be cool for Machinima and role playing clans.
Oh for sure. They could always add character models for use in forge or custom games in a later update or something I would think, if a mainline multiplayer version didn’t make sense. Maybe even have separate playlists like Elites vs Brutes or something could be cool.
  • Spartan (2-4)
  • ODST
  • Promethean Soldier
  • Promethean Knight

Thoughts on this?
Oh for sure. They could always add character models for use in forge or custom games in a later update or something I would think, if a mainline multiplayer version didn’t make sense. Maybe even have separate playlists like Elites vs Brutes or something could be cool.
I would definitely be in agreement to that.
At almost 900 posts I can't help but feel like having a new thread with more updated info would benefit this topic.

Also if it were actually in the Infinite forum instead of the Halo 5 one, which is a completely game and definitely not likely to receive any updates to the scale of adding a new playable species. Whenever anyone tries to make a new one over there they just get referred back to here, which is quite silly. They're completely different games.

On my stance, I feel like Halo 2/3 elites are the standard for Halo. 343 removing staple features that existed since the introduction of online multiplayer to the series seriously hurt my trust of them and they still haven't fully made it back. They have the chance to do so for Infinite but I'm frankly skeptical.
Lyn4301 wrote:
Also if it were actually in the Infinite forum instead of the Halo 5 one, which is a completely game and definitely not likely to receive any updates to the scale of adding a new playable species. Whenever anyone tries to make a new one over there they just get referred back to here, which is quite silly. They're completely different games.
Due to forum limitations we're not able to move this thread to the Infinite forums (it actually used to be in the Halo 4 forums). For the time being we're keeping this one as the go-to thread as there's a lot of good conversation here. Something we do evaluate from time to time though
stckrboy wrote:
Lyn4301 wrote:
Due to forum limitations we're not able to move this thread to the Infinite forums (it actually used to be in the Halo 4 forums). For the time being we're keeping this one as the go-to thread as there's a lot of good conversation here. Something we do evaluate from time to time though
I do hope we can get a new thread soon. This one is practically molding from age, it's gone on so long it's impossible for anyone to reasonably have followed the discussion (the same things being repeatedly unknowingly over and over because there's too many pages) and it doesn't help that the 5 forums just aren't as popular anymore for this type of topic.
Lyn4301 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Lyn4301 wrote:
I do hope we can get a new thread soon. This one is practically molding from age, it's gone on so long it's impossible for anyone to reasonably have followed the discussion (the same things being repeatedly unknowingly over and over because there's too many pages) and it doesn't help that the 5 forums just aren't as popular anymore for this type of topic.
And start a new one... to what? Discuss the same thing? This thread is the history of a battle between Halo fans and 343 Industries to reclaim a feature that was wrongfully lost. To close this one and start another with with the exact same topic is pretty much closing a book mid-chapter and counting the other half as new. You can't win a war half-way, right?
Additionally, this thread is fulfilling it's objective (it may, perhaps, already be fulfilled), which is the addition of Playable Elites in every subsequent Halo game with multiplayer, or at least in the Reclaimer saga. The number of pages clearly show just how demanding we are of this feature. Only time will tell if we won, but due to 343's reaction to the "Playable Elites in Halo Infinite?" question, something tells me that our faith has been rewarded.
This thread is almost 900 pages long. I'm sure someone or multiple people at 343 have already seen your wishes for playable Elites in next game so there's not much of a point for a new thread.
I do wonder though, what will indeed become of this thread when playable sangheili are announced? The book finally closed with satisfaction after years? A hub of ideas and knowledge for any tweaks to sangheili for balances? Or simply fade into the past as the purpose will be fulfilled?
Ado Ulamee wrote:
I do wonder though, what will indeed become of this thread when playable sangheili are announced? The book finally closed with satisfaction after years? A hub of ideas and knowledge for any tweaks to sangheili for balances? Or simply fade into the past as the purpose will be fulfilled?
Hard to really say. But given the inactivity lately, my guess is that it'll soon fall completely silent.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Hard to really say. But given the inactivity lately, my guess is that it'll soon fall completely silent.
There will be much to discuss if they indeed return in Infinite. It's not enough to just have them; Customization is an integral part of Halo, and that goes for both Spartans and Sangheili. This chat is frozen currently, but will spike in activity should the announcement be made.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
There have always been times of inactivity but some people will always return to this thread like it has been the last few years
Anybody here old enough to remember this vid?
A few years ago this was a fun vid I made to help spread the cause.

Feel free to watch the whole thing.

I'm not ashamed of myself...
Wort wort wort! I wanna be an Elite! I used to roleplay in Sangheili clans where we would all change our name to fit the Sangheili naming scheme and change our avatars to Elites (way back in Halo 3) and it was some of the most fun I've ever had in my Halo career. Even in the MCC I have my character model as an Elite, even if my current canonical roleplay is of a Spartan II, it is still fun to switch it up here an there.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 896
  4. 897
  5. 898
  6. ...
  7. 899