2. ...
  3. 901
  4. 902
  5. 903
  6. 904
  7. 905
  8. ...
  9. 943
Taking from Reach is exactly what I don't want them to do. If they're changed from spartans in any way they will most definitely be removed from social modes and restricted to Invasion and maybe Warzone if it's still around. In Reach you couldn't even use them in every mode in custom games.

I'm hoping they're just using the same hitboxes as spartans again. The "neck issue" was super minor IMHO and really didn't affect normal gameplay except in very specific scenarios. Giving the option to disable seeing elite models client-side and make them spartans would fix that easily, so they wouldn't even have to be disabled in competitive modes.
LASO Lyn wrote:
Taking from Reach is exactly what I don't want them to do. If they're changed from spartans in any way they will most definitely be removed from social modes and restricted to Invasion and maybe Warzone if it's still around. In Reach you couldn't even use them in every mode in custom games.

I'm hoping they're just using the same hitboxes as spartans again. The "neck issue" was super minor IMHO and really didn't affect normal gameplay except in very specific scenarios. Giving the option to disable seeing elite models client-side and make them spartans would fix that easily, so they wouldn't even have to be disabled in competitive modes.
But, that kinda ruins the point of being an elite. As everyone will probably have it set to spartan view for headshots.
LASO Lyn wrote:

But, that kinda ruins the point of being an elite. As everyone will probably have it set to spartan view for headshots.
Only those who care enough. As long as I get to see myself and other players being elites it doesn't bother me, and I'm sure many players won't even change the setting just like assassinations in Halo 5. I think it's an overall better alternative to them being disabled completely in certain modes or having complaints about them in SWAT/Ranked until they are.
Excuse the double post, but today is now the 8th year anniversary of this thread! Here's hoping 343 have taken notice by now and Infinite will bring back this important feature. Also definitely feel this thread should be moved to the Infinite forums as it bares little relevance to 5 now.
LASO Lyn wrote:
Excuse the double post, but today is now the 8th year anniversary of this thread! Here's hoping 343 have taken notice by now and Infinite will bring back this important feature. Also definitely feel this thread should be moved to the Infinite forums as it bares little relevance to 5 now.
It can't be moved. It's too large for that now.
LASO Lyn wrote:
This has been addressed dozens of times, but the mods cannot move the post because it's far too large.
Here's what I think. If the Ranked Match issue is so big, then just split the matches. What I mean is the Spartans can have their own Ranked section while the Elites have another. Elites can fight Elites, Spartans can fight Spartans. In Public, they can be bunched together as much as the people want. Spartans shouldn't get to enjoy both Public and Ranked while Elites are forced to do only Public, that just sucks. Spartans get everything in their favor in multiplayer, and Halo Infinite can change that. Let the Elites have interchangeable armor like Spartans. It doesn't matter if the armor doesn't go together, it's just a game and the players should craft their characters to their hearts desire. If they give the Elites a big return by implementing this stuff, the player base will skyrocket I can assure you.
Better yet, I don’t understand the complaints with elites in multiplayer. I always say if you have trouble killing elites you need to replay campaign.
honestly, if competitive people don’t want sangheili in mp, they should have it to where it’s Spartans only in HCS playlists. Everything else should be just like Halo 2 and 3. I honestly feel like playing as an elite is an integral part of Halo. Not like Reach, where it’s only available in one mode.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
So, with the return of reach, how are my fellow sangheili enjoying the game again after years?
Kinda down. I was expecting elites to be playable in all social game modes. I could have sworn I heard soneone say that in one of the play test :\ I've been going ham on invasion but...I really dont enjoy spartans at all.
Would be nice and yea, only been doing invasion myself or custom firefight with friends on the covenant side
I absolutely hate how Sangheili are only playable in a couple modes in Reach. Might as well just not be in the game at all.
Rakalf wrote:
This was so long ago, and I still can't beleive they didn't add Elites in H5, although I am pretty optimistic that in Infinite we will be able to play as Elites in Matchmaking once more.
Especially with the new mix of old/new styles. I would like them back in the Halo 2 and 3 volume as well, playable in all modes, maybe except HCS specific modes.
So it seems that Sangheili will indeed not be playable in Halo 4 Matchmaking due to a 'canonical matchmaking experience'. I will refrain from stating my opinion on the idea of attempting to make Matchmaking canonical, but the opportunity to have Elites playable is still not forever erased. There is no doubt that this thread has been noticed by at least a few 343 Industries employees. It is the top thread in the Halo 4 Forum, and was mentioned in one of the Q&A Updates. Unfortunately, we have lost the first battle. Elites will not be playable in Multiplayer on the original Halo 4 shipping disc. However there is still time for 343 Industries to listen to their fans.

It may be possible to include elite player models in future Downloadable Content, depending on the layout of the Halo 4 engine. If this is not possible, do not lose faith. If 343 Industries wants to be known as one of the few developers that listens to their fans, they will most certainly incorporate elites as playable characters in Halo 5 & 6. With this being the most popular thread on this forum and holding that title, it seems to be one favor that the fans are wishing to see fulfilled. I comprehend that 343 Industries wanted to make this "their Halo" and not "Bungie's Halo", and I respect that philosophy, but this does not mean that all core elements should be pushed to the wayside. This is one core element of Halo Matchmaking that should never be pushed to the wayside.

Jaime Griesemer: "I'd much rather experiment and do something surprising, and not have everybody appreciate it, than just turn the crank and do another alien war movie with a space marine" This is a quote from Jamie Griesemer regarding the criticism that the Arbiter's missions in Halo 2 received. So 343 Industries wisely took the information from the fans about this and created the "Spartan Identity" for Halo 4. Unfortunately the Sangheili population has grown much larger since Halo 2. My identity in Halo, and many others, is an elite. It is not going to be a pleasant experience having to change my identity for Halo 4, but if we stick it out, we may be rewarded.

Below is the original post written on March 5th, 2012 containing many reasons why the Sangheili community has grown and the importance of their inclusion.

-ORIGINAL POST-Without jumping to conclusions, I understand that Sangheili have neither been confirmed or denied for the Multiplayer of Halo 4, but I would like to present my explanation for why it is imperative Elites make a return, much more dignified than the limitations of Reach.

It is no doubt the Elite community within Halo is small, but having been involved with it for 6 and half years now, I am astounded at it's growth. As more Halo media like The Return, Halo: Cole Protocol, and Halo: Glasslands makes it's way to the gamer, the more compelled the gamer is to prefer playing as an Elite over a Spartan. Especially when the media makes reference to things found on a game level, such as Thel 'Vadam or the Revenant. Although that sounds like a very basic and broad way to explain this, after speaking with the populous of newly converted "Elite players", this is the general reason I get for this exponential growth. To make this point, I ask you to look around, and in nearly every thread you will see at least one or two users with Elite or Covenant avatars.

343i, I would like you to recognize that we are here collectively, and we deserve the respect and catered opinions just as much as the Spartan fanbase. Although extreme, I know players who actually will not buy Halo 4 if they are not available in Matchmaking, and I cannot say I blame them. What would Halo be without Covenant Weapons/Vehicles as well? Energy Swords, Needlers, and Wraiths are all iconic symbols of what makes Halo, Halo.

The limitations of playing as an Elite in Halo Reach are indeed disheartening. Going back to the Halo 3 method of playing as an elite during regular Matchmaking can be the solution. Not only does that add to the customization, but it can also be explained canonically. I understand that 343i is in the process of delivering a canonical explanation for the Red and Blue Spartans fighting each other. The relationship between Humans and Sangheili can be used to add Elites into this mix. Since the UNSC and the Sangheili are allied, having them use human weapons is anything but non-canon. Or if you would like to take the reverse side of the coin, ONI is supplying the Servants of Abiding Truth with weaponry, which is human as well. This can easily be weaved into the plot without creating a mess.

I understand the game is very far into the development stage, I do not know for sure, but judging by the newest ViDoc, I believe it isn't too late to give the Elite fanbase a voice. We're here, we shouldn't be neglected, and if we are, I can assure you that 343i will lose a great deal of supporters.

Quote:
Please Sign (Thank This Post) If You Agree.
hope to see with the coustomization of Halo Reach opt in the MCC
Now to be clear, this isn't a post trying to convince why Elites should be in the game or anything like that... So please don't tell me to post this in the category for playable Elites because we both know you don't care about it, nor read it... but ALSO, because this post is to ask a simple question.Recently, I just got in a massive debate or rather exchange of articles between a fellow user on the forums. He basically played devil's advocate and ultimately came to the conclusion that ELITES... WILL NOT RETURN IN HALO INFINITE, this of course was backed up by some pretty solid points and also a lengthy explanation. I won't go over it of course but this basically put me in a crappy mood... In the Event that Playable Elites don't return in Infinite, It's safe to say that they never will, unless they make a Halo: reach Anniversary or Halo 3 Anniversary in about 5 or 10 years. This of course seems very unlikely considering that what MCC seems to try and do... In my opinion, MCC can improve and will improve, but it always will remain kind of crappy, in my opinion. To me personally, A fully fledged remaster for Halo 3 or Reach would be still worth while as long as it wasn't another MCC 2.0 and it was sold and made as it's OWN entity. Like Gears of War: UE for example. Also (Don't screw with the Art-style in Multiplayer like you did with H2A)Elites for me are a selling point. The question I personally ask is this... "Why buy Infinite if I can't even play as my favorite race..." After-all, Customization is a huge part of Halo's identity. Which includes Playable Elites. In fact, if you didn't know, they were actually supposed to be in CE. Elites were always meant to, and pretty much were, in the multiplayer of this franchise UNTIL 343i took over. Now, I have waited along time for this game, as we all have. This is the first time in awhile that we may actually get a REAL Halo game. it would be a MASSIVE and EXTREME tragedy for Elite players and honestly the general population as a whole, if Halo Infinite did EVERYTHING RIGHT, except.... Add playable Elites... Now how upsetting would that be? It honestly would suck... Like... BADLY 0_0 I feel like a lot of people out there, even Vet's like myself tend to throw Elites aside... like a secondary concern or objective. Now for obvious reason's, this makes sense. We are ALL human I assume right? So it makes sense for a majority to gravitate towards something you are familiar with realistically. Majority however doesn't mean that there is only like a 1000 of us... or even 100 thousand... I believe there is millions of em, undocumented and documented people who use playable Elites as a feature. In my own experience and accounts of memory, almost every game I went into had atleast 1 or 2 maybe even 3 Elite players out of 8 or 10 people back in Halo 2 and 3. Reach was a little less but I think that is for it's own reasons. However I believe the ratio is pretty substantial if you know what I mean. Point is, there are plenty of people and money to be made from adding Elites. For people like me, this is a selling point for your game because I'm confident in everything else, I honestly am. I have a sense of renewed faith for this company, however I cannot ignore the possibility that Elites will no longer be apart of this beloved franchise. It is truly disturbing to think about for me personally and if the community really doesn't care that much, then so be it. My only question is, Why fight so hard for something like Split- screen but not Playable elites? You know what I'm trying to say? If Elites don't ever come back, it'll be a sad day for people like me, but also the end of my Halo career as a whole until they come back or are in a Remaster. You might think playable Elites are not a big deal, and that's fine. It's your opinion, but I would ask that people see differently, from my perspective, Imagine if spartans weren't playable anymore and the Customization wasn't as good... You would fight like hell to bring em back right? Would you even buy the game?If people aren't willing to fight for this as hard as they did everything else, Then I guess the Community isn't as passionate about Elites as I thought... Perhaps I am wrong... Apologies everyone, I do not mean to sound dramatic, but I truly do love Elites, they are a big part of my history in Halo, Clans, Multiplayer, Story.... I was inspired by honor and some of the things they stood for when I was younger :3
Without Elites, I honestly don't know where I would be today in regards to the Franchise.I used to talk about their lore and there culture and the fact that they were inspired by the Japanese and stuff like that to my friends all the time. I met, and lost good friends in Elite clans, and have incredible competitive memories when me and my sister would battle Alien vs Human. we was both try hards at the game. It was a good memory for sure.... Imagine all the machinima's too... All the possibility with something, so simple but yet so largely important.

I made this and posted it in the "General discussion". That is why the intro to my essay here starts the way it does lol..
LASO Lyn wrote:

I totally agree... the way Halo 3 did it was perfect... Nearly so... Just another reason why 3 was so good. It had everything. However... I don't want the same art-style as 3... I prefer the Halo Wars 2 Artstyle now
Now to be clear, this isn't a post trying to convince why Elites should be in the game or anything like that... So please don't tell me to post this in the category for playable Elites because we both know you don't care about it, nor read it... but ALSO, because this post is to ask a simple question.Recently, I just got in a massive debate or rather exchange of articles between a fellow user on the forums. He basically played devil's advocate and ultimately came to the conclusion that ELITES... WILL NOT RETURN IN HALO INFINITE, this of course was backed up by some pretty solid points and also a lengthy explanation. I won't go over it of course but this basically put me in a crappy mood... In the Event that Playable Elites don't return in Infinite, It's safe to say that they never will, unless they make a Halo: reach Anniversary or Halo 3 Anniversary in about 5 or 10 years. This of course seems very unlikely considering that what MCC seems to try and do... In my opinion, MCC can improve and will improve, but it always will remain kind of crappy, in my opinion. To me personally, A fully fledged remaster for Halo 3 or Reach would be still worth while as long as it wasn't another MCC 2.0 and it was sold and made as it's OWN entity. Like Gears of War: UE for example. Also (Don't screw with the Art-style in Multiplayer like you did with H2A)Elites for me are a selling point. The question I personally ask is this... "Why buy Infinite if I can't even play as my favorite race..." After-all, Customization is a huge part of Halo's identity. Which includes Playable Elites. In fact, if you didn't know, they were actually supposed to be in CE. Elites were always meant to, and pretty much were, in the multiplayer of this franchise UNTIL 343i took over. Now, I have waited along time for this game, as we all have. This is the first time in awhile that we may actually get a REAL Halo game. it would be a MASSIVE and EXTREME tragedy for Elite players and honestly the general population as a whole, if Halo Infinite did EVERYTHING RIGHT, except.... Add playable Elites... Now how upsetting would that be? It honestly would suck... Like... BADLY 0_0 I feel like a lot of people out there, even Vet's like myself tend to throw Elites aside... like a secondary concern or objective. Now for obvious reason's, this makes sense. We are ALL human I assume right? So it makes sense for a majority to gravitate towards something you are familiar with realistically. Majority however doesn't mean that there is only like a 1000 of us... or even 100 thousand... I believe there is millions of em, undocumented and documented people who use playable Elites as a feature. In my own experience and accounts of memory, almost every game I went into had atleast 1 or 2 maybe even 3 Elite players out of 8 or 10 people back in Halo 2 and 3. Reach was a little less but I think that is for it's own reasons. However I believe the ratio is pretty substantial if you know what I mean. Point is, there are plenty of people and money to be made from adding Elites. For people like me, this is a selling point for your game because I'm confident in everything else, I honestly am. I have a sense of renewed faith for this company, however I cannot ignore the possibility that Elites will no longer be apart of this beloved franchise. It is truly disturbing to think about for me personally and if the community really doesn't care that much, then so be it. My only question is, Why fight so hard for something like Split- screen but not Playable elites? You know what I'm trying to say? If Elites don't ever come back, it'll be a sad day for people like me, but also the end of my Halo career as a whole until they come back or are in a Remaster. You might think playable Elites are not a big deal, and that's fine. It's your opinion, but I would ask that people see differently, from my perspective, Imagine if spartans weren't playable anymore and the Customization wasn't as good... You would fight like hell to bring em back right? Would you even buy the game?If people aren't willing to fight for this as hard as they did everything else, Then I guess the Community isn't as passionate about Elites as I thought... Perhaps I am wrong... Apologies everyone, I do not mean to sound dramatic, but I truly do love Elites, they are a big part of my history in Halo, Clans, Multiplayer, Story.... I was inspired by honor and some of the things they stood for when I was younger :3
Without Elites, I honestly don't know where I would be today in regards to the Franchise.I used to talk about their lore and there culture and the fact that they were inspired by the Japanese and stuff like that to my friends all the time. I met, and lost good friends in Elite clans, and have incredible competitive memories when me and my sister would battle Alien vs Human. we was both try hards at the game. It was a good memory for sure.... Imagine all the machinima's too... All the possibility with something, so simple but yet so largely important.

I made this and posted it in the "General discussion". That is why the intro to my essay here starts the way it does lol..
wow... I LOVE SANGHEILI, but i would still buy the game. I think Halo is good without Playable Sangheili but it is MUCH better with them. well said though... well said.

very well put... but now im curious as to that argument.

Out of all the things the community has been asking for... Playable elites were probably in the top 5 things requested for a return. Sure they early announced that going forward halo would have split screen... but maybe they are just playing their peices such as to build the hype train and slowly build momentum. All that said... I do also fear the very concerns you raise here. Though... im optimistic. I believe. I have faith. Hope.
I find it very hard that 343 ignores the second biggest? ... third biggest? thread on thier forums...
Like... how are they supposed to spin that? They didnt hear us? They heard us but didnt care? They heard us but because of e sports they cant?
All of that screams "we dont care" ... and the message they are trying to convey atm.... very much is that they do care.
I mean surely they are a company in the end of the day... trying to sell their product... a world that we have fell in love with.
But even from a buisness standpoint... I imagine you can make alot more money with a larger sandbox than with a narrower one. This is hard for me to say... and i dont want to give bad ideas... but I would legitametly pay extra for halo infinite to have playable elites.
We are depraved.
Starved.
and tired of asking.
But we arent dead yet. And we will continue to fight. We need to be more vocal... and we need to stir up a storm. Im very sure most of the youtube community that support halo are on our side. Also, we need to remind your freinds... by the blood of our fathers... and by the blood of our sons... we swore to uphold the covanant... and then they disowned us... and then they fell. A building doesnt stand without a sturdy foundation. And elites were once the backbone of halo.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
So, with the return of reach, how are my fellow sangheili enjoying the game again after years?
Kinda down. I was expecting elites to be playable in all social game modes. I could have sworn I heard soneone say that in one of the play test :\ I've been going ham on invasion but...I really dont enjoy spartans at all.
Would be nice and yea, only been doing invasion myself or custom firefight with friends on the covenant side
I absolutely hate how Sangheili are only playable in a couple modes in Reach. Might as well just not be in the game at all.
I feel the same way. For a brief time you could but even that one mode was nailed down. It's Spartans only unless you get a special Elite Slayer/Flag/Grifball mode or play Invasion. I enjoy the mix.
I gotta say, as a first time poster but long time visitor to this thread, that you guys are amazing. I share so many similar feelings with all of you. Any chance I could, my character would be an elite. I've been hoping too that they would return, only to be disappointed. It would be a true shame if they would ignore the request of one of the top 3 largest threads of the forums. It is obvious that fans want this. Hopefully we will be heard. Keep up the fight, brothers. Believe
BlinKid182 wrote:
I gotta say, as a first time poster but long time visitor to this thread, that you guys are amazing. I share so many similar feelings with all of you. Any chance I could, my character would be an elite. I've been hoping too that they would return, only to be disappointed. It would be a true shame if they would ignore the request of one of the top 3 largest threads of the forums. It is obvious that fans want this. Hopefully we will be heard. Keep up the fight, brothers. Believe
We're glad to have another person support the thread, welcome.
Unrelated, but I'm hoping everyone who's actively on this thread is feeling well and is staying safe. We all want Elites, but more importantly I'd like to see how everyone is feeling. Stay safe.
Ever wonder what it would be like to play as a brute? I do. As much as I would love to play as an Elite again, I find myself wondering what it would be like to play as different species of Halo and how we could incorporate this into a game mode. One thought comes to my mind when thinking about this and that is Warzone. I may not share the same opinion as the next person but I personally love warzone just as much as a traditional match. Now Imagine a warzone game where one side plays as the covenant or banished and the other UNSC that would be awesome. How would that work? What I’m thinking is how about a modified game mode of warzone where everyone starts as grunts(or jackals) and marines, something to even it out in the beggining, then as players rack up kills they also climb the ranks and are able to play as an Elite and so on, with the whole arsenal specific to that species. Everything else can be the same, the way we achieve new weapons, vehicles, health, shields. Maybe a little different movements, Can you imagine a grunt doing a shoulder bash or ground pound. 🤣
LASO Lyn wrote:

I agree. I am a firm believer that if someone is having trouble killing an elite they should replay campaign. I do truly hope playable elites return in the same volume as Halo 2 and 3.

as far as having a spartan view client-side, it’s a good idea but I feel like it’d take away from showing off my elite. Maybe that’s just me, but I like to see everyone as they are.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 901
  4. 902
  5. 903
  6. 904
  7. 905
  8. ...
  9. 943