2. ...
  3. 902
  4. 903
  5. 904
  6. 905
  7. 906
  8. ...
  9. 907
On the topic of competitive issues regarding playable Sangheili, I just realized an easy fix to the problem. Let’s say we have playable elites, in the same fashion as Halo 2 and 3 in the sense they are playable in all modes. You could have an option in the multiplayer screen to either search for only your preferred species for a match, or have a mixed species search.
so essentially, if you were playing as a Spartan and you only wanted to fight Spartans, your game search would only include other Spartans, or you could have it set to play with both Sangheili and Spartans.

Thoughts on this?
On the topic of competitive issues regarding playable Sangheili, I just realized an easy fix to the problem. Let’s say we have playable elites, in the same fashion as Halo 2 and 3 in the sense they are playable in all modes. You could have an option in the multiplayer screen to either search for only your preferred species for a match, or have a mixed species search.
so essentially, if you were playing as a Spartan and you only wanted to fight Spartans, your game search would only include other Spartans, or you could have it set to play with both Sangheili and Spartans.

Thoughts on this?
To me, that's ideal. However, in terms of mixed modes, would we all agree on 343 having both races in every mode, or do you think they would have them in specific modes like Reach? I'm hoping they'd just be available for all modes, because I've actually yet to play as an Elite in Reach.

Thoughts on this?
To me, that's ideal. However, in terms of mixed modes, would we all agree on 343 having both races in every mode, or do you think they would have them in specific modes like Reach? I'm hoping they'd just be available for all modes, because I've actually yet to play as an Elite in Reach.
In my opinion, having Sangheili playable in only one or a couple modes is pointless. So much development work for very little reward. I personally feel the Halo 2 and Halo 3 way of playable elites is ideal. Slap some more armor customization on there and boom, you’ve made alot of people happy.

Thoughts on this?
In my opinion, having Sangheili playable in only one or a couple modes is pointless. So much development work for very little reward. I personally feel the Halo 2 and Halo 3 way of playable elites is ideal. Slap some more armor customization on there and boom, you’ve made alot of people happy.
I think it's safe to say that we don't like changing armor sets for Elites over changing individual pieces. Let's get that Reach Spartan level customization, get some split jaw mouths to water.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
elites need to be playable in halo infinite

Thoughts on this?
Absolutely. Even today, I try to play as an Elite in Firefight VS, like I was able to do in the past.
Here's what I think. If the Ranked Match issue is so big, then just split the matches. What I mean is the Spartans can have their own Ranked section while the Elites have another. Elites can fight Elites, Spartans can fight Spartans. In Public, they can be bunched together as much as the people want. Spartans shouldn't get to enjoy both Public and Ranked while Elites are forced to do only Public, that just sucks. Spartans get everything in their favor in multiplayer, and Halo Infinite can change that. Let the Elites have interchangeable armor like Spartans. It doesn't matter if the armor doesn't go together, it's just a game and the players should craft their characters to their hearts desire. If they give the Elites a big return by implementing this stuff, the player base will skyrocket I can assure you.
Better yet, I don’t understand the complaints with elites in multiplayer. I always say if you have trouble killing elites you need to replay campaign.
honestly, if competitive people don’t want sangheili in mp, they should have it to where it’s Spartans only in HCS playlists. Everything else should be just like Halo 2 and 3. I honestly feel like playing as an elite is an integral part of Halo. Not like Reach, where it’s only available in one mode.
Agreed. Having options for playing as a Spartan or an Elite is the best way to make more players happy. If they prefer one way over the other, that's just fine.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
So, with the return of reach, how are my fellow sangheili enjoying the game again after years?
Kinda down. I was expecting elites to be playable in all social game modes. I could have sworn I heard soneone say that in one of the play test :\ I've been going ham on invasion but...I really dont enjoy spartans at all.
Would be nice and yea, only been doing invasion myself or custom firefight with friends on the covenant side
I absolutely hate how Sangheili are only playable in a couple modes in Reach. Might as well just not be in the game at all.
I feel the same way. For a brief time you could but even that one mode was nailed down. It's Spartans only unless you get a special Elite Slayer/Flag/Grifball mode or play Invasion. I enjoy the mix.
As do I. But sadly, not very many people want to play in Elite SLayer/Grifball mode anymore.
Speaking of how they should be integrated, I know its a touchy subject but I've always hated that in the only two games I get to play as an Elite in every mode alongside Spartans (Halo 3 and Halo 2/2A), I'm restricted to using the same weapons as them. That's why I feel that the idea of loadouts in Halo 4 was perfect for me, or would've been perfect if we had playable elites back then. I don't hate human weapons I just think it would seem like there's alot more variety if we are able to pick and choose...why not have a Sangheili warrior going into battle with the weapons of his ancestry? Why not have a Spartan showing solidarity with Elites by wielding a Needle Rifle instead of a DMR alongside them? Why separate human and Covenant weapons at all? Heck, the same applies to Forerunner and Brute weapons.

Furthermore, another thing I've always wanted is to play Halo Reach Firefight as an Elite and actually have enemies to battle. As most of my friends don't really play much Halo anymore, whenever I want to play firefight, it sucks that I have to be a Spartan all the time. I'd love to play as an Elite and have enemies to fight- be they humans, or even just Covenant. And betraying your allies to make them fight you just isn't the same. I hope things like these are addressed in future.

Also, may Urs' light shine on you and keep you safe from the parasite brothers.
This is something I have wanted to talk about so long and I'll doubt it will happen in Halo: Infinite and possibly ever, but it would be God-like if it did. I will admit though, I'm not too fond of Halo Clan "Arbiters" ruining this idea. However, let's begin!
I want the Halo 2 Arbiter armor to become an actual set of armor to come into the FPS style of Halo (Hoping Halo Infinite) at some point. The way it should be done though is incredibly important to me. If this does happen, 343i has to make this armor special, and the way they can do that is by making it a one-time deal. Meaning... Either do it through a Pre-Order and be sure to keep it that way forever! Or, since Infinite is going to be Live-Service (Yikes) then introduce it to the store one time, and one time only.
I truly miss the days where stuff like Officer Elite or some sort of pre-order bonus was truly special, and the reason it was so special was that it was limited, or only obtainable from a one-time opportunity. Pre-Order bonus nowadays holds no real value because they just get put on the market in time, or like Halo: Reach MCC, blue flames or Officer Elite, everything is obtainable now forever and always will be, which is great but also takes the value of that stuff away.
If something like this does happen though it HAS TO BE a one-time deal. *** NO EXCEPTIONS *** I want to make sure that an Armor like this is 100% special as can be, otherwise I'm going to be pissed if everyone has access to something exclusive to pre-order or a limited time offer(Once in a lifetime opportunity).
As an Elite fan, and someone who hates the clan community, specifically Elite clans (No offense, and yes I see the Irony) I hope that an Armor like this (Meaning the Halo 2 Arbiter Armor) becomes a real thing in the future of Halo's FPS. The amount of Roleplaying that I could do with an Armor like that!!! That would be like being in a literal heaven for someone like me <33
343 should make a elite dlc pack and social game mode also why are the humans not in the covenant?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This is something I have wanted to talk about so long and I'll doubt it will happen in Halo: Infinite and possibly ever, but it would be God-like if it did. I will admit though, I'm not too fond of Halo Clan "Arbiters" ruining this idea. However, let's begin!
I want the Halo 2 Arbiter armor to become an actual set of armor to come into the FPS style of Halo (Hoping Halo Infinite) at some point. The way it should be done though is incredibly important to me. If this does happen, 343i has to make this armor special, and the way they can do that is by making it a one-time deal. Meaning... Either do it through a Pre-Order and be sure to keep it that way forever! Or, since Infinite is going to be Live-Service (Yikes) then introduce it to the store one time, and one time only.
I truly miss the days where stuff like Officer Elite or some sort of pre-order bonus was truly special, and the reason it was so special was that it was limited, or only obtainable from a one-time opportunity. Pre-Order bonus nowadays holds no real value because they just get put on the market in time, or like Halo: Reach MCC, blue flames or Officer Elite, everything is obtainable now forever and always will be, which is great but also takes the value of that stuff away.
If something like this does happen though it HAS TO BE a one-time deal. *** NO EXCEPTIONS *** I want to make sure that an Armor like this is 100% special as can be, otherwise I'm going to be pissed if everyone has access to something exclusive to pre-order or a limited time offer(Once in a lifetime opportunity).
As an Elite fan, and someone who hates the clan community, specifically Elite clans (No offense, and yes I see the Irony) I hope that an Armor like this (Meaning the Halo 2 Arbiter Armor) becomes a real thing in the future of Halo's FPS. The amount of Roleplaying that I could do with an Armor like that!!! That would be like being in a literal heaven for someone like me <33
That would kinda suck for the people who can't afford to pre-order (not just me.) I know a lot of people who would like to have it rather than have it only once. But, i'm not here to complain, but rather suggest a new idea. beating the game on legendary should be how to get it.
343 should make a elite dlc pack and social game mode also why are the humans not in the covenant?
What they should do is integrate them into the base game. We shouldn't depend on DLCs or Expansions for content that should have been on the game at launch, like a lot of content in Halo 5. Playable Sangheili were integrated since Halo 2, and they should have stayed that way through the Reclaimer Saga.

Humans aren't in the Covenant because they're an affront to their religion. They were the true Reclaimers and the Prophets (namely Truth) wanted to hide that.
That would kinda suck for the people who can't afford to pre-order (not just me.) I know a lot of people who would like to have it rather than have it only once. But, i'm not here to complain, but rather suggest a new idea. beating the game on legendary should be how to get it.
I second this. I'm sick of limited-time cosmetics. Just make it difficult to get, but never impossible.
Speaking of how they should be integrated, I know its a touchy subject but I've always hated that in the only two games I get to play as an Elite in every mode alongside Spartans (Halo 3 and Halo 2/2A), I'm restricted to using the same weapons as them. That's why I feel that the idea of loadouts in Halo 4 was perfect for me, or would've been perfect if we had playable elites back then. I don't hate human weapons I just think it would seem like there's alot more variety if we are able to pick and choose...why not have a Sangheili warrior going into battle with the weapons of his ancestry? Why not have a Spartan showing solidarity with Elites by wielding a Needle Rifle instead of a DMR alongside them? Why separate human and Covenant weapons at all? Heck, the same applies to Forerunner and Brute weapons.

Furthermore, another thing I've always wanted is to play Halo Reach Firefight as an Elite and actually have enemies to battle. As most of my friends don't really play much Halo anymore, whenever I want to play firefight, it sucks that I have to be a Spartan all the time. I'd love to play as an Elite and have enemies to fight- be they humans, or even just Covenant. And betraying your allies to make them fight you just isn't the same. I hope things like these are addressed in future.

Also, may Urs' light shine on you and keep you safe from the parasite brothers.
I feel the same way. I liked playing as an Elite in Halo Reach - in Firefight and Invasion - but the lack of players makes it neigh impossible nowadays. I'm disappointed that we can't play as Elites in Halo's 4 and 5. I'm tempted to buy Halo Wars 2 so i can play an an entire army of Elites against AI and real life players online.

On that note...

On the Blood of our Fathers, on the Blood of our Sons. May Honor and our Brotherhood light our way to Glory and Victory.
Or even if it’s the reward for 152 in Halo 5.
but then there will be people like me who don't spend money on a game (or will ever pre-order) who won't ever be able to get my FAVORITE Sangheili armor. I would hate if the H2A Arbiter armor was only available for a pre-order. I don't like that. I would be better if it was only available if you beat the game on Legendary or something like that, you can't buy/cheat your way into earning it.
Perhaps it is time to have brutes as playable characters in the upcoming Halo game. Their armor can be destroyed like in Halo 3 but to compensate, they have increased health.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 902
  4. 903
  5. 904
  6. 905
  7. 906
  8. ...
  9. 907