OP Mat Man 412

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 906
  4. 907
  5. 908
  6. ...
  7. 909
Hey guys, its me formerly ShapeshiftVAW94 as I had to change my gamertag due to change of perferences (though I'm usure about the random numbers). Also, I know it has been almost 3 years since I last posted here due to college (graduating this December! Wort wort wort wort!)

Anyways, now that Halo Infinite has been revealed, does anyone know if the elites/sangheilis are confirmed to be playable again in multiplayer yet? I really can't give up hope on this.....

Sangheilis/Elites mean a lot to me since they were playable on Halo 2 after we got the game when it came out, and I preferred being one in multiplayer. Especially in Halo 3 when we got the game as well.

I would be upset again if they are not going to be playable again like in Halo 4 and 5. But here, I hope this is our chance....
Nothing yet, but they haven't showed us much.
At least design wise I have some hope, Elites look a lot more like they used to.
I really hope the elites are playable, I really like their design in the reveal trailer. like a mix of Reach and H2A. That minor armour also seems to be a straight recreation of some Reach concept art that I really liked, so that's amazing.

We'll find out when they start revealing multiplayer details, of course, though I do fear the worst. However, don't worry about the outcome due to their size or animations, I hardly think they matter if 343 were to bring the feature back.

If anything 343 has less competitive problems with Elites and more just a general lack of interest in adding them. But let's hope this time they're listening and have a keen interest in adding them back!
Vespervin wrote:
Agreed. 343i, please don't forget about the Sangheili.
Wow, I posted this 8 years ago? Glad to see this topic is still alive.

I do hope that the Elites, and possibly other species, will be playable in the multiplayer for Halo Infinite.
Miss Buki wrote:
Unfortunately, as it stands with the gameplay reveal today, it doesn't seem Elites will be playable, ever. They're still taller than Chief and seem to share the same skeleton and movement style from Elites in Halo 5. I really want to hope but with 343 at the helm I think I'm done holding out hope for them. I don't know what the excuse is this time.

Oh well. I'm fine with being a Spartan for the entirety of Halo Infinite's lifespan. Maybe I can eat my words when there's a multiplayer reveal later in the year.
Really? Are you sure? I watched the gameplay reveal a few times and the Elites looked slimmer, not nearly as hunched and just about the same height as Chief. I’d say there’s more hope now than ever.
I really hope the elites are playable, I really like their design in the reveal trailer. like a mix of Reach and H2A. That minor armour also seems to be a straight recreation of some Reach concept art that I really liked, so that's amazing.

We'll find out when they start revealing multiplayer details, of course, though I do fear the worst. However, don't worry about the outcome due to their size or animations, I hardly think they matter if 343 were to bring the feature back.

If anything 343 has less competitive problems with Elites and more just a general lack of interest in adding them. But let's hope this time they're listening and have a keen interest in adding them back!
They’ve been keeping a close eye on fan requests and feedback. I think their work regarding MCC also helped.
No doubt they are very familiar with the large fanbase that wants Sangheili back in Multiplayer, whether or not they do it though is a question still unanswered. My thing is, I feel like the competitive issue is easily remedied by making HCS playlists exclusively Spartan, while everything else is fair game.
one can only hope.
sniper945 wrote:
Hey guys, its me formerly ShapeshiftVAW94 as I had to change my gamertag due to change of perferences (though I'm usure about the random numbers). Also, I know it has been almost 3 years since I last posted here due to college (graduating this December! Wort wort wort wort!)

Anyways, now that Halo Infinite has been revealed, does anyone know if the elites/sangheilis are confirmed to be playable again in multiplayer yet? I really can't give up hope on this.....

Sangheilis/Elites mean a lot to me since they were playable on Halo 2 after we got the game when it came out, and I preferred being one in multiplayer. Especially in Halo 3 when we got the game as well.

I would be upset again if they are not going to be playable again like in Halo 4 and 5. But here, I hope this is our chance....
At least design wise I have some hope, Elites look a lot more like they used to.
Yes
as i have screeshoted here
https://imgur.com/TLWRHJ4

im pretty glad. but clearly it is a place holder model for the elite itself... missing a face lol.
saifa117 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:

Yes
as i have screeshoted here
https://imgur.com/TLWRHJ4

im pretty glad. but clearly it is a place holder model for the elite itself... missing a face lol.
Wow, it does look like it was shrunk down a bit, probably to match up with a Spartan? Not to mention, return to the Halo 2 design. Hopefully this is proof that they'll return. Because like I said again, I have been longing for them since returning to the franchise in 2014 after taking a hiatus since after Halo 3 (of course I did see they were in multiplayer in Reach, but only limited).
Miss Buki wrote:
Unfortunately, as it stands with the gameplay reveal today, it doesn't seem Elites will be playable, ever. They're still taller than Chief and seem to share the same skeleton and movement style from Elites in Halo 5. I really want to hope but with 343 at the helm I think I'm done holding out hope for them. I don't know what the excuse is this time.

Oh well. I'm fine with being a Spartan for the entirety of Halo Infinite's lifespan. Maybe I can eat my words when there's a multiplayer reveal later in the year.
Really? Are you sure? I watched the gameplay reveal a few times and the Elites looked slimmer, not nearly as hunched and just about the same height as Chief. I’d say there’s more hope now than ever.
They did look a bit taller when the player got up real close to the Elite to melee. I guess I can stay skeptical instead of losing hope entirely.
Miss Buki wrote:
Miss Buki wrote:

They did look a bit taller when the player got up real close to the Elite to melee. I guess I can stay skeptical instead of losing hope entirely.
The Elites have always been taller, I think. Maybe a bit hunched at times.
I would be extremely happy if we get to play as Elites, especially with today’s revelation about the gameplan for Infinite. I’m beyond excited
Miss Buki wrote:
Miss Buki wrote:

I would be extremely happy if we get to play as Elites, especially with today’s revelation about the gameplan for Infinite. I’m beyond excited
Do you have a link to whatever mentions this revelation?
Elites have indeed always been taller, which is why I prefer them to stand upright. I am feeling a sense that 343 is just waiting to drop the bomb that is playable elites on us and finally give us what we want, but at the same time I feel that it may not happen. The only way I can see us finding out is a multiplayer showcase where they go into every last thing you can do including playing as Elites.

We are so close brothers, I can feel it.
TFW the Infinite gameplay reveal comes out that shows the elites in action and there's barely over a page of discussion on it in 2 days because we're still in the Halo 5 forum.

If it can't be moved for technical we should at least be allowed to make a new thread in the Infinite forums to discuss/speculate on it, this is just sad. Mods please fix.
LASO Lyn wrote:
TFW the Infinite gameplay reveal comes out that shows the elites in action and there's barely over a page of discussion on it in 2 days because we're still in the Halo 5 forum.

If it can't be moved for technical we should at least be allowed to make a new thread in the Infinite forums to discuss/speculate on it, this is just sad. Mods please fix.
This thread has a certain novelty to it since it's over 900 pages, but I get what you mean. We just have to hope that 343 still checks this thread out every so often to see we're still alive.
Miss Buki wrote:
Miss Buki wrote:

https://gamerant.com/halo-infinite-last-game-ray-tracing/amp/

Essentially, Halo Infinite is the last planned Halo game for the next ten years, meaning Halo Infinite will be updated, added to and expanded over time. This includes extreme potential for multiplayer and Campaign content after launch. Meaning we’ll likely get more than one Campaign following Chief and nearly limitless content and expansions for multiplayer. So if playable Elites are a thing, we’d get it for a very long time, which would be super cool.
Miss Buki wrote:
Miss Buki wrote:

https://gamerant.com/halo-infinite-last-game-ray-tracing/amp/

Essentially, Halo Infinite is the last planned Halo game for the next ten years, meaning Halo Infinite will be updated, added to and expanded over time. This includes extreme potential for multiplayer and Campaign content after launch. Meaning we’ll likely get more than one Campaign following Chief and nearly limitless content and expansions for multiplayer. So if playable Elites are a thing, we’d get it for a very long time, which would be super cool.
An Elite Campaign would be amazing if they made one in the future.
Man, Elites vs Marines & Spartans. That'd be great.
So far Halo Infinite is shaping up. No we wait to see if we will see Elites playable. I sure do hope so though.
Infinite being live service could potentially give us a great safety net, if you will. Lets set the scene: Infinite releases. Elites are not playable. As demoralising and counterintuitive to the goal of this thread which the admins have noticed time and again as that is, that means that Infinite will always be getting more and more interesting and have features and things added into it all the time, so perhaps if Infinite drops and we can't play as Elites, it might not be the end after all, for they might be playable in updates, and with the fact that updates for big games are only getting bigger and more awesome (like in Destiny for example), I will retain hope even if we are met with such a curveball.

Of course, I'm not encouraging releasing the game without playable Elites 343. Just so you know.
Infinite being live service could potentially give us a great safety net, if you will. Lets set the scene: Infinite releases. Elites are not playable. As demoralising and counterintuitive to the goal of this thread which the admins have noticed time and again as that is, that means that Infinite will always be getting more and more interesting and have features and things added into it all the time, so perhaps if Infinite drops and we can't play as Elites, it might not be the end after all, for they might be playable in updates, and with the fact that updates for big games are only getting bigger and more awesome (like in Destiny for example), I will retain hope even if we are met with such a curveball.

Of course, I'm not encouraging releasing the game without playable Elites 343. Just so you know.
Worse comes to worse this is possible. But nearly 10 years of asking only to have us be an after thought in a game that's been being developed for 5 years? That's not cool for me, it would be clear they didn't think we were very important. But that's assuming Elites aren't playable in Infinite.
With the return of equipment/armor abilities and the loss of Spartan Abilities I hope this does give leeway to playable elites returning. So far the things they have confirmed that people have been begging for like split screen gives me some hope but they really need to give us some more info on multiplayer soon.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 906
  4. 907
  5. 908
  6. ...
  7. 909