OP Mat Man 412

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 909
  4. 910
  5. 911
  6. ...
  7. 912
Six years later and this thread is still going on. I hope 343 sees how many fans want playable Elites to return. During that campaign reveal I enjoyed how their feet looked like Reach and how the Armor resembles Reach as well. Would love to play as one of those new models.

Also, seeing how the gameplay in the trailer never showed ground pound nor thruster packs, it would be possible now. Since it seems to be just basic movements.
I’m hoping for the same. Though it’s a bit odd that this thread hasn’t been moved to the Halo Infinite section yet like how it was moved from halo 4 to 5 last time.
The reason they haven't moved it is because it's to big.
sniper945 wrote:
Six years later and this thread is still going on. I hope 343 sees how many fans want playable Elites to return. During that campaign reveal I enjoyed how their feet looked like Reach and how the Armor resembles Reach as well. Would love to play as one of those new models.

Also, seeing how the gameplay in the trailer never showed ground pound nor thruster packs, it would be possible now. Since it seems to be just basic movements.
I’m hoping for the same. Though it’s a bit odd that this thread hasn’t been moved to the Halo Infinite section yet like how it was moved from halo 4 to 5 last time.
The reason they haven't moved it is because it's to big.
That seems rather strange considering that there are other forums with lots of responses there too.

It's because it's too big. Just that. Far too many responses to move it anymore.
It makes sense but I hope it’s at least being seen by some of the devs for how much we want our fellow Sangheili to return as playable characters.
pugwash1 wrote:
okay heres an idea if playable elites return here it here playable brutes eh?
Screw that, how about playable grunts
Screw that, how bout playable Skirmishers. They got that sexy hair style ;)
At this point I would rather 343 say outright that playable elites are not coming back. The fact that they refuse to address this community request despite being asked directly on Streams, by prominent YouTubers, and in person at conventions is evidence that this isn't a priority for them and never has been.
Thel Vadam wrote:
At this point I would rather 343 say outright that playable elites are not coming back. The fact that they refuse to address this community request despite being asked directly on Streams, by prominent YouTubers, and in person at conventions is evidence that this isn't a priority for them and never has been.
They never answer most questions directly it’s not just one request they choose to ignore every time. There a millions to get thrown at by more than just youtubers and those questions can get lost in a sea of comments. You need to think of every factor.
Thel Vadam wrote:
They never answer most questions directly it’s not just one request they choose to ignore every time. There a millions to get thrown at by more than just youtubers and those questions can get lost in a sea of comments. You need to think of every factor.
This thread was made 8 years ago and the topic has still never been addressed. 8 years.
Thel Vadam wrote:
Thel Vadam wrote:
This thread was made 8 years ago and the topic has still never been addressed. 8 years.
This is a forum. Only moderators are the ones who read these and 343 employees rarely get on here to respond in person to most long running threads. Not to mention there is a lot of threads for other things that have been on here longer that also never get addressed directly. Again you are not taking in all the factors. Think about it logically rather than just calling them out and bashing them for not doing what you want.
Thel Vadam wrote:
Thel Vadam wrote:
This is a forum. Only moderators are the ones who read these and 343 employees rarely get on here to respond in person to most long running threads. Not to mention there is a lot of threads for other things that have been on here longer that also never get addressed directly. Again you are not taking in all the factors. Think about it logically rather than just calling them out and bashing them for not doing what you want.
You misunderstood me. I'm not bashing anyone or calling anyone out. I don't even want playable elites. I just think it should be addressed. A simple "we aren't planning on adding playable elites to our games" would be nice and probably put an end to this 8 year long thread.
Thel Vadam wrote:
Thel Vadam wrote:
Thel Vadam wrote:
You misunderstood me. I'm not bashing anyone or calling anyone out. I don't even want playable elites. I just think it should be addressed. A simple "we aren't planning on adding playable elites to our games" would be nice and probably put an end to this 8 year long thread.
They will address it when they can along with all other questions. It’s too early to say they wouldn’t considering that this is meant to be a very large game that will be focused on for many years so anything can happen.
A new Sangheili armor has been revealed, the Banished harness of Jega ‘Rdomnai, a once Silent Shadow warrior now serving in the Hand of Atriox. As prostheses are more than likely confirmed for Halo Infinite customization, his mechanical arm teases at the possibility of playable Sangheili. Should they finally be an option once more, I only hope that his armor is available to adorn.
A new Sangheili armor has been revealed, the Banished harness of Jega ‘Rdomnai, a once Silent Shadow warrior now serving in the Hand of Atriox. As prostheses are more than likely confirmed for Halo Infinite customization, his mechanical arm teases at the possibility of playable Sangheili. Should they finally be an option once more, I only hope that his armor is available to adorn.
I was thinking the same thing, this would be a great boon for us if it showed off the customization potential.
That as well as red swords as something we can have during gameplay.
I am almost certain they're gonna go for a BIG reveal. They have to, oh my goodness 343 please have an awesome Multiplayer trailer that shows Sangheili warriors fighting alongside their Spartan brethren...please!!! It would be the ultimate redemption if we got something as glorious as the Installtion 05 fanproject trailer. If this happens I will forever be thankful.
I am almost certain they're gonna go for a BIG reveal. They have to, oh my goodness 343 please have an awesome Multiplayer trailer that shows Sangheili warriors fighting alongside their Spartan brethren...please!!! It would be the ultimate redemption if we got something as glorious as the Installtion 05 fanproject trailer. If this happens I will forever be thankful.
It would be amazing to see Elites fighting along side Spartans in a trailer, I would be excited as well. We haven't seen anything on the multiplayer yet so maybe soon we'll get something to go off of.
Odd that Monitors are locking threads about this topic in the Infinite section and redirecting us here to a years-old, almost thousand-page long thread in the H5: Guardians section. While I understand the need to curtail redundant posts, I also think that once a topic gets bloated beyond a certain extent, it loses coherence and direction. Particularly in a scenario like this, it also feels like a pretty dismissive move on the Monitors' part to direct people to toss their opinion into a years-old and massively overflowing bucket, where it'll have all the impact of a raindrop in a lake.

Just seems to happen a lot around here. With relation to the topic of Elite's making a playable return, it seems like we're being not-so-subtly primed to lower our expectations for that.
Odd that Monitors are locking threads about this topic in the Infinite section and redirecting us here to a years-old, almost thousand-page long thread in the H5: Guardians section. While I understand the need to curtail redundant posts, I also think that once a topic gets bloated beyond a certain extent, it loses coherence and direction. Particularly in a scenario like this, it also feels like a pretty dismissive move on the Monitors' part to direct people to toss their opinion into a years-old and massively overflowing bucket, where it'll have all the impact of a raindrop in a lake.

Just seems to happen a lot around here. With relation to the topic of Elite's making a playable return, it seems like we're being not-so-subtly primed to lower our expectations for that.
At this point just about everything has been said nearly a hundred times regarding Elites, the monitors have had to deal with that for nearly 10 year (343, that's 10 years of us asking...) so I don't fully blame them for trying to keep the forums a little more controlled in that sense.

If 343 hasn't seen every argument we've made by this point, there's no point in continuing our fight. And if they're ignoring our requests, then once again there's no point in continuing.

Infinite is our last chance of seeing playable Elites in multiplayer and campaign, and we're going to see if 343 actually cares about us or not.
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
I don't thinks so, i found it more like Halo 2's design, they don't looks tall as we saw in Halo Reach, 4 and 5, i think that's because they're gonna bring the playable elites back
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 909
  4. 910
  5. 911
  6. ...
  7. 912