Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Sangheili (Elites) In New Trilogy Matchmaking

OP Mat Man 412

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 910
  4. 911
  5. 912
  6. ...
  7. 913
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
I don't thinks so, i found it more like Halo 2's design, they don't looks tall as we saw in Halo Reach, 4 and 5, i think that's because they're gonna bring the playable elites back
The phenotype looks more like the classic style, but I meant the armours themselves look inspired off of the reach ones.

Edit : There was an Elite in one of the trailers that looked like he was wearing a bright red officer armour.
(Double post mistake)
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
way better than the H4/5 elites in my opinion

(crazy how long this tread is)
Prizur wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
way better than the H4/5 elites in my opinion

(crazy how long this tread is)
man i kinda like h4 elites (used to dislike them like you) arent 4&5 elites supposed to be like a separate faction, jun whatever his name is, I think the armor fits well, just really bummed it all seems like a waste since they never let you play as one...
Prizur wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
way better than the H4/5 elites in my opinion

(crazy how long this tread is)
man i kinda like h4 elites (used to dislike them like you) arent 4&5 elites supposed to be like a separate faction, jun whatever his name is, I think the armor fits well, just really bummed it all seems like a waste since they never let you play as one...
Halo 2 anniversary multiplayer is the closest thing to playing as a Halo 4/5 Elite.
Prizur wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
way better than the H4/5 elites in my opinion

(crazy how long this tread is)
man i kinda like h4 elites (used to dislike them like you) arent 4&5 elites supposed to be like a separate faction, jun whatever his name is, I think the armor fits well, just really bummed it all seems like a waste since they never let you play as one...
Each phenotype is not its own faction. Never understood why people said this.
Prizur wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
way better than the H4/5 elites in my opinion

(crazy how long this tread is)
man i kinda like h4 elites (used to dislike them like you) arent 4&5 elites supposed to be like a separate faction, jun whatever his name is, I think the armor fits well, just really bummed it all seems like a waste since they never let you play as one...
Each phenotype is not its own faction. Never understood why people said this.
The simple explanation is Sangheili have races like humans do. That's it. I too don't understand why people keep saying this. I'd like to be able to play as all races, but as I understand how that's probably wishful thinking, I can settle for Halo 2 anniversary style as I think it's the most suitable.
Hey, so I saw two Infinite Taco bell trailers, and one had a teenager pull out an energy sword, and his arm looked a little cybernetic... I haven't been able to find the trailer, but at a brief glance it looked like a robot Elite arm like the Banished one. (Could totally be wrong though)

If anyone sees this trailer again, please check and confirm. I'll post an update if I can see it again.

Spoiler:
Show
Update : after further inspection I have found it to just be another spartan arm. False alarm brothers.

Trailer
Prizur wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
way better than the H4/5 elites in my opinion

(crazy how long this tread is)
man i kinda like h4 elites (used to dislike them like you) arent 4&5 elites supposed to be like a separate faction, jun whatever his name is, I think the armor fits well, just really bummed it all seems like a waste since they never let you play as one...
Each phenotype is not its own faction. Never understood why people said this.
The simple explanation is Sangheili have races like humans do. That's it. I too don't understand why people keep saying this. I'd like to be able to play as all races, but as I understand how that's probably wishful thinking, I can settle for Halo 2 anniversary style as I think it's the most suitable.
Ok wait a min bro... Your logic is a little misplaced. I understand what you are trying to say, but I could not disagree more. Sangheili are not HUMAN... Stop using Human biology or our science to justify how other things would work for another species in the universe. This is fantasy but still, my point remains. Allow me to explain. Sangheili are very different from human. Races for humans comes by SKIN color, not looking like a sub species. Elites have a totally different ball game here. The Elites in H4 and H5 only happened simply because 343i are game dev's and they could do whatever they wanted. There is no such thing as Lore justifying a design change, unless the Dev's intended it to be that way, but that is just speculation, not PROOF.

If they do have any now, it is only because people wanted a lore based excuse. Remember this is a video game, and 343i had their OWN vision in mind. Sangheili races in this case would be more accurately described as a SUB species. Hence, why 343i said the elites that we knew are apparently from Sanghelios's moon, Not their actual home world. Which of course is Retconned lore from the ORIGINAL SAGA!!! They changed that. It wasn't like that originally. Also, I would also like to mention that Elites had the same design as H3 or Halo Wars 2 or any of the classic Halo's but could still be a different "Race" simply by having a different color tone to their body. For example, the Half Jaw is white, Arbiter is black, Some Elites are brown or who knows what other colors.

One last thing as well. Everybody has a right to have an opinion and we should all respect an opinion for it being exactly that... However I must confess, I get stupidly annoyed when people somehow think that 343i's Sangheili design in H4 or H5 is actually good, or let me rephrase, BETTER than the original. I would argue that those people have really bad taste in appearances, but... to each his own I suppose.

Point is, Halo Infinite's by what we have seen so far, is probably the BEST design of an Elite and has the best of both worlds. Skin texture, framework, armor, scales, pretty much everything in Halo Infinite looks pretty promising for Elites. For once, I can actually say, Elites look like.... ELITES.
Head:
Left Shoulder:
Right Shoulder:
Chest:
Knee's/Legs:
Arms/ Fore-arms:

I'm really hoping it is this flexible. I hope it isn't as simple as this:

Head:
Chest:
Shoulder:
Arms:
Knees:

If you noticed above ^ I don't have the left AND right shoulders. This may seem small, but I believe if the shoulders are not individually customizable for Fully customizable Elites, I think this may cause things to look out of place a little too much. You have to remember that the armor design for Elites in this game is super detailed and not really meant to mix and match, which means if you are going to allow customizable Elites, you need to be increasingly flexible considering not only are Spartans setup that way, but also, you would be surprised how changing the left and right shoulders individually could actually have a serious impact and make a significant difference.If you think about in your head, just imagine how creative you could get just by being allowed to change the shoulders individually.

Now you could argue that for everything else, However, if you truly understand why I am bringing up shoulder armor, you may understand why the other pieces are not really... interchangeable.It is hard to explain but let me put it into context. Would a Locust Cyclops in Gears of war look nearly as unique as he does without that unique shoulder piece? Or what about the Arbiter? You see what I'm getting at here? you kind of have to view this from an artistic perspective in order to understand it I guess..Anyways, I just wanted to put my dream template out there.
Prizur wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
way better than the H4/5 elites in my opinion

(crazy how long this tread is)
man i kinda like h4 elites (used to dislike them like you) arent 4&5 elites supposed to be like a separate faction, jun whatever his name is, I think the armor fits well, just really bummed it all seems like a waste since they never let you play as one...
Each phenotype is not its own faction. Never understood why people said this.
The simple explanation is Sangheili have races like humans do. That's it. I too don't understand why people keep saying this. I'd like to be able to play as all races, but as I understand how that's probably wishful thinking, I can settle for Halo 2 anniversary style as I think it's the most suitable.
Ok wait a min bro... Your logic is a little misplaced. I understand what you are trying to say, but I could not disagree more. Sangheili are not HUMAN... Stop using Human biology or our science to justify how other things would work for another species in the universe. This is fantasy but still, my point remains. Allow me to explain. Sangheili are very different from human. Races for humans comes by SKIN color, not looking like a sub species. Elites have a totally different ball game here. The Elites in H4 and H5 only happened simply because 343i are game dev's and they could do whatever they wanted. There is no such thing as Lore justifying a design change, unless the Dev's intended it to be that way, but that is just speculation, not PROOF.

If they do have any now, it is only because people wanted a lore based excuse. Remember this is a video game, and 343i had their OWN vision in mind. Sangheili races in this case would be more accurately described as a SUB species. Hence, why 343i said the elites that we knew are apparently from Sanghelios's moon, Not their actual home world. Which of course is Retconned lore from the ORIGINAL SAGA!!! They changed that. It wasn't like that originally. Also, I would also like to mention that Elites had the same design as H3 or Halo Wars 2 or any of the classic Halo's but could still be a different "Race" simply by having a different color tone to their body. For example, the Half Jaw is white, Arbiter is black, Some Elites are brown or who knows what other colors.

One last thing as well. Everybody has a right to have an opinion and we should all respect an opinion for it being exactly that... However I must confess, I get stupidly annoyed when people somehow think that 343i's Sangheili design in H4 or H5 is actually good, or let me rephrase, BETTER than the original. I would argue that those people have really bad taste in appearances, but... to each his own I suppose.

Point is, Halo Infinite's by what we have seen so far, is probably the BEST design of an Elite and has the best of both worlds. Skin texture, framework, armor, scales, pretty much everything in Halo Infinite looks pretty promising for Elites. For once, I can actually say, Elites look like.... ELITES.
I think you're missing the original point here. We were simply stating how it makes no sense for the entirety of one phenotype to be in opposition to the entirety of another phenotype by being exclusive to separate factions, as all of the phenotypes have members in every faction most likely.
Prizur wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
way better than the H4/5 elites in my opinion

(crazy how long this tread is)
man i kinda like h4 elites (used to dislike them like you) arent 4&5 elites supposed to be like a separate faction, jun whatever his name is, I think the armor fits well, just really bummed it all seems like a waste since they never let you play as one...
Each phenotype is not its own faction. Never understood why people said this.
The simple explanation is Sangheili have races like humans do. That's it. I too don't understand why people keep saying this. I'd like to be able to play as all races, but as I understand how that's probably wishful thinking, I can settle for Halo 2 anniversary style as I think it's the most suitable.
Ok wait a min bro... Your logic is a little misplaced. I understand what you are trying to say, but I could not disagree more. Sangheili are not HUMAN... Stop using Human biology or our science to justify how other things would work for another species in the universe. This is fantasy but still, my point remains. Allow me to explain. Sangheili are very different from human. Races for humans comes by SKIN color, not looking like a sub species. Elites have a totally different ball game here. The Elites in H4 and H5 only happened simply because 343i are game dev's and they could do whatever they wanted. There is no such thing as Lore justifying a design change, unless the Dev's intended it to be that way, but that is just speculation, not PROOF.

If they do have any now, it is only because people wanted a lore based excuse. Remember this is a video game, and 343i had their OWN vision in mind. Sangheili races in this case would be more accurately described as a SUB species. Hence, why 343i said the elites that we knew are apparently from Sanghelios's moon, Not their actual home world. Which of course is Retconned lore from the ORIGINAL SAGA!!! They changed that. It wasn't like that originally. Also, I would also like to mention that Elites had the same design as H3 or Halo Wars 2 or any of the classic Halo's but could still be a different "Race" simply by having a different color tone to their body. For example, the Half Jaw is white, Arbiter is black, Some Elites are brown or who knows what other colors.

One last thing as well. Everybody has a right to have an opinion and we should all respect an opinion for it being exactly that... However I must confess, I get stupidly annoyed when people somehow think that 343i's Sangheili design in H4 or H5 is actually good, or let me rephrase, BETTER than the original. I would argue that those people have really bad taste in appearances, but... to each his own I suppose.

Point is, Halo Infinite's by what we have seen so far, is probably the BEST design of an Elite and has the best of both worlds. Skin texture, framework, armor, scales, pretty much everything in Halo Infinite looks pretty promising for Elites. For once, I can actually say, Elites look like.... ELITES.
I think you're missing the original point here. We were simply stating how it makes no sense for the entirety of one phenotype to be in opposition to the entirety of another phenotype by being exclusive to separate factions, as all of the phenotypes have members in every faction most likely.
I get it. But I still had to bring that up xD
Prizur wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
way better than the H4/5 elites in my opinion

(crazy how long this tread is)
man i kinda like h4 elites (used to dislike them like you) arent 4&5 elites supposed to be like a separate faction, jun whatever his name is, I think the armor fits well, just really bummed it all seems like a waste since they never let you play as one...
Each phenotype is not its own faction. Never understood why people said this.
The simple explanation is Sangheili have races like humans do. That's it. I too don't understand why people keep saying this. I'd like to be able to play as all races, but as I understand how that's probably wishful thinking, I can settle for Halo 2 anniversary style as I think it's the most suitable.
Ok wait a min bro... Your logic is a little misplaced. I understand what you are trying to say, but I could not disagree more. Sangheili are not HUMAN... Stop using Human biology or our science to justify how other things would work for another species in the universe. This is fantasy but still, my point remains. Allow me to explain. Sangheili are very different from human. Races for humans comes by SKIN color, not looking like a sub species. Elites have a totally different ball game here. The Elites in H4 and H5 only happened simply because 343i are game dev's and they could do whatever they wanted. There is no such thing as Lore justifying a design change, unless the Dev's intended it to be that way, but that is just speculation, not PROOF.

If they do have any now, it is only because people wanted a lore based excuse. Remember this is a video game, and 343i had their OWN vision in mind. Sangheili races in this case would be more accurately described as a SUB species. Hence, why 343i said the elites that we knew are apparently from Sanghelios's moon, Not their actual home world. Which of course is Retconned lore from the ORIGINAL SAGA!!! They changed that. It wasn't like that originally. Also, I would also like to mention that Elites had the same design as H3 or Halo Wars 2 or any of the classic Halo's but could still be a different "Race" simply by having a different color tone to their body. For example, the Half Jaw is white, Arbiter is black, Some Elites are brown or who knows what other colors.

One last thing as well. Everybody has a right to have an opinion and we should all respect an opinion for it being exactly that... However I must confess, I get stupidly annoyed when people somehow think that 343i's Sangheili design in H4 or H5 is actually good, or let me rephrase, BETTER than the original. I would argue that those people have really bad taste in appearances, but... to each his own I suppose.

Point is, Halo Infinite's by what we have seen so far, is probably the BEST design of an Elite and has the best of both worlds. Skin texture, framework, armor, scales, pretty much everything in Halo Infinite looks pretty promising for Elites. For once, I can actually say, Elites look like.... ELITES.
well, Rtfs 'Vadum (Half-Jaw) was only white in H2A not in H3 or H2C. and Sangheili skin color being white is weird to me, I don't understand why they were redesigned like that I'm H2A. Halo infinite does show a lot of promise for the Sangheili. H2A was close to be perfect except for the white skin and the hoof thing. the best Sangheili design/phenotype would be combining H2A top half (i.e. from the waist up; but also making them dark and not light colored) and molding that with Halo Reach's Sangheili design, giving them the leg structure of Halo Reach. In my opinion, that would be the best Sangheili design, but Halo infinite is a close second as far as I can tell.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Judging by the new coating system I seriously doubt we will get playable elites. The coating system seems all fine and dandy for Spartans (functionally) but it just seems like something would be seriously off when using it for elites.
Prizur wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Does anyone else notice that Halo Infinite Elites are heavy based on halo reach armours?
way better than the H4/5 elites in my opinion

(crazy how long this tread is)
man i kinda like h4 elites (used to dislike them like you) arent 4&5 elites supposed to be like a separate faction, jun whatever his name is, I think the armor fits well, just really bummed it all seems like a waste since they never let you play as one...
Each phenotype is not its own faction. Never understood why people said this.
The simple explanation is Sangheili have races like humans do. That's it. I too don't understand why people keep saying this. I'd like to be able to play as all races, but as I understand how that's probably wishful thinking, I can settle for Halo 2 anniversary style as I think it's the most suitable.
Ok wait a min bro... Your logic is a little misplaced. I understand what you are trying to say, but I could not disagree more. Sangheili are not HUMAN... Stop using Human biology or our science to justify how other things would work for another species in the universe. This is fantasy but still, my point remains. Allow me to explain. Sangheili are very different from human. Races for humans comes by SKIN color, not looking like a sub species. Elites have a totally different ball game here. The Elites in H4 and H5 only happened simply because 343i are game dev's and they could do whatever they wanted. There is no such thing as Lore justifying a design change, unless the Dev's intended it to be that way, but that is just speculation, not PROOF.

If they do have any now, it is only because people wanted a lore based excuse. Remember this is a video game, and 343i had their OWN vision in mind. Sangheili races in this case would be more accurately described as a SUB species. Hence, why 343i said the elites that we knew are apparently from Sanghelios's moon, Not their actual home world. Which of course is Retconned lore from the ORIGINAL SAGA!!! They changed that. It wasn't like that originally. Also, I would also like to mention that Elites had the same design as H3 or Halo Wars 2 or any of the classic Halo's but could still be a different "Race" simply by having a different color tone to their body. For example, the Half Jaw is white, Arbiter is black, Some Elites are brown or who knows what other colors.

One last thing as well. Everybody has a right to have an opinion and we should all respect an opinion for it being exactly that... However I must confess, I get stupidly annoyed when people somehow think that 343i's Sangheili design in H4 or H5 is actually good, or let me rephrase, BETTER than the original. I would argue that those people have really bad taste in appearances, but... to each his own I suppose.

Point is, Halo Infinite's by what we have seen so far, is probably the BEST design of an Elite and has the best of both worlds. Skin texture, framework, armor, scales, pretty much everything in Halo Infinite looks pretty promising for Elites. For once, I can actually say, Elites look like.... ELITES.
Whoa man chill.

The word you're looking for is 'phenotype'- which humans (as pretty much all creatures) do in fact have. Perhaps I was wrong to use the word 'race', but my use of human biology to describe Sangheili is not all misplaced. Phenotypes consist of things like height, blood type, eye colour, and other features. For example, H4-5 Sangheili are taller than most other Sangheili we've seen in the games (not sure I feel they're taller than Reach's or Halo Wars 1's) but certainly the others), and they are clearly different to many of the Sangheili we see elsewhere, so therefore a phenotype. Which is officially canon. Even if it was just an excuse, it doesn't weaken it's canonicity. When you say subspecies you're thinking of the Kig-Yar who have Ruuhtians ('Normal' Jackals) , T'vaoans (Skirms) and Ibie'shans (H4-5).

Never will I fully understand the hate for 4-5 Elites, whilst I personally prefer older designs, I think it mainly comes under the Storm and Commander armours for me whereas I'm cool with the other 4-5 Elite armours (H5 Arbiter's armour is my favourite Arbiter armour of all time actually), and for a game called Halo Infinite I would argue that all Sangheili phenotypes should be playable, as should under the helmet Spartan appearances be customisable, and I'm sure it could happen considering the live service route Halo seems to be going in which should allow Halo Infinite to be a totally different game from launch by the time it stops being updated, but my point is options people, options.

Onto the subject of the colour customisation, that has me a little worried I won't lie. I don't really like it but then I feel people are being really stupid angry over it, I'm sure it will be fine. But what this means for Elites I'm not so sure. I dont think it means anything truth be told, as I cant really infer anything from the revelation of this new system that could possibly concern Elites. But still, if anyone would like to enlighten me, please do.
343i can you please make Elites playable in multiplayer modes besides invasion. I am tired of playing as a Spartan! I really love playing as a Elite. I know people don't like them because they are more stronger than a Spartan all i want is elites to playable with spartans in multiplayer modes.They don't have to be in Ranked Multiplayer modes. I believe this will make everyone happy.
Judging by the new coating system I seriously doubt we will get playable elites. The coating system seems all fine and dandy for Spartans (functionally) but it just seems like something would be seriously off when using it for elites.
There are rumors of a massive invasion overhaul for Infinite (just rumors so far), so it's possible that they'll add playable Elites if that were the case.
343i can you please make Elites playable in multiplayer modes besides invasion. I am tired of playing as a Spartan! I really love playing as a Elite. I know people don't like them because they are more stronger than a Spartan all i want is elites to playable with spartans in multiplayer modes like they were in Halo Reach. They don't have to be in Ranked Multiplayer modes. I believe this will make everyone happy.
The only matchmaking modes that Sangheili were playable in Reach were Invasion and Elite Slayer.
343i can you please make Elites playable in multiplayer modes besides invasion. I am tired of playing as a Spartan! I really love playing as a Elite. I know people don't like them because they are more stronger than a Spartan all i want is elites to playable with spartans in multiplayer modes like they were in Halo Reach. They don't have to be in Ranked Multiplayer modes. I believe this will make everyone happy.
The only matchmaking modes that Sangheili were playable in Reach were Invasion and Elite Slayer.
Dino blasters too.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 910
  4. 911
  5. 912
  6. ...
  7. 913