Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Sangheili (Elites) In New Trilogy Matchmaking

OP Mat Man 412

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 911
  4. 912
  5. 913
  6. ...
  7. 914
sniper945 wrote:
343i can you please make Elites playable in multiplayer modes besides invasion. I am tired of playing as a Spartan! I really love playing as a Elite. I know people don't like them because they are more stronger than a Spartan all i want is elites to playable with spartans in multiplayer modes like they were in Halo Reach. They don't have to be in Ranked Multiplayer modes. I believe this will make everyone happy.
The only matchmaking modes that Sangheili were playable in Reach were Invasion and Elite Slayer.
Dino blasters too.
I hope 343i will change that!
sniper945 wrote:
343i can you please make Elites playable in multiplayer modes besides invasion. I am tired of playing as a Spartan! I really love playing as a Elite. I know people don't like them because they are more stronger than a Spartan all i want is elites to playable with spartans in multiplayer modes like they were in Halo Reach. They don't have to be in Ranked Multiplayer modes. I believe this will make everyone happy.
The only matchmaking modes that Sangheili were playable in Reach were Invasion and Elite Slayer.
Dino blasters too.
I hope 343i will change that!
I think it would be great to add some more Elite variety in Matchmaking, but I'm having a hard time thinking up game modes on my own, any idea's?
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
343i can you please make Elites playable in multiplayer modes besides invasion. I am tired of playing as a Spartan! I really love playing as a Elite. I know people don't like them because they are more stronger than a Spartan all i want is elites to playable with spartans in multiplayer modes like they were in Halo Reach. They don't have to be in Ranked Multiplayer modes. I believe this will make everyone happy.
The only matchmaking modes that Sangheili were playable in Reach were Invasion and Elite Slayer.
Dino blasters too.
I hope 343i will change that!
I think it would be great to add some more Elite variety in Matchmaking, but I'm having a hard time thinking up game modes on my own,
Social Games: Auto Slayer, Precision Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Assist Denial, and Action Sack.
Reach Firefight Versus allows players to Take turns fighting as Spartans and Elites.
Competitive Games Halo Reach Slayer and Elite Slayer.
Sangheili in multiplayer should be different than spartans, like what they did with Halo Reach but better. they should also be in many more modes.
Sangheili in multiplayer should be different than spartans, like what they did with Halo Reach but better. they should also be in many more modes.
Personally I love what they did with Reach, and I know it's impossible to ask this because it would be so much work for very little payout (or maybe not?) but, in a perfect world, the playable elite option would have the ability to play as Elites that are greater in size and have different stats like in Reach, but only have those elites playable in Invasion. This would be great but imbalanced for core competitive multiplayer, so for competitive multiplayer, they scale the elites down (or just ban them from competitive play, I don't know).

And for modes where it doesn't matter, you can set your preferred size to big or small for forge or custom games just for the hell of it. I mean I think it would be perfect since I know a lot of friends who like 3's format where Elites are just as big as spartans, but I myself and a lot of others too love towering over spartans.
So essentially the idea would be to please both audiences, while you please the playable elites audience as a whole.

That's perfect world though, if they were going to balance time with money, they'd have to either pick the 3 format or the Reach format. It's sad that they'd have to split up the Elites fandom that way but it's just the way it is.

This is strictly size and how it affects multiplayer though, nothing to do with armour or assassinations (which would be hard to do with different sizes of elites). For assassinations, I really really loved the bigger elite on smaller spartan assassinations so I have to vote the Reach format.
And I also don't mind not using them in spartan competitive play. Invasion was my cup of tea anyway.
but we need them in all modes that aren't competitive too.

I am concerned for Halo Infinite. We have not seen ANYTHING about Playable Sangheili at all. all the stuff is about customizing your Spartan. I am really concerned that 343i will forget/ignore us again. I really hope they don't do that. has anyone heard anything about playable Sangheili recently?
but we need them in all modes that aren't competitive too.

I am concerned for Halo Infinite. We have not seen ANYTHING about Playable Sangheili at all. all the stuff is about customizing your Spartan. I am really concerned that 343i will forget/ignore us again. I really hope they don't do that. has anyone heard anything about playable Sangheili recently?
To be fair, we haven’t heard much about halo infinite multiplayer at all.
343i Can you please bring back playable Elites to Halo 4 Multiplayer i don't care about the Campaign. All i want is to be able to play as a Elite with other players and not being able to do so is what makes Halo 4 not fun! Being forced to play as a Spartan is really boring. I hope you guys change this.
Very true COBALT237.
Sangheili in multiplayer should be different than spartans, like what they did with Halo Reach but better. they should also be in many more modes.
I disagree 100% with this.

Elites being different than Spartans is the sole reason we have never gotten them back. Elites should be the exact same as Spartans, with hitboxes as close as you can get. But instead of bending the body like Halo 3, they should just shrink the model down so the proportions all line up at most angles.

As seen here.
Also is there a way to request this thread be transferred to the Halo Infinite forum? I believe it would be more relevant there than it is here now that Infinite is the next upcoming game.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Sangheili in multiplayer should be different than spartans, like what they did with Halo Reach but better. they should also be in many more modes.
I disagree 100% with this.

Elites being different than Spartans is the sole reason we have never gotten them back. Elites should be the exact same as Spartans, with hitboxes as close as you can get. But instead of bending the body like Halo 3, they should just shrink the model down so the proportions all line up at most angles.

As seen here.
Also is there a way to request this thread be transferred to the Halo Infinite forum? I believe it would be more relevant there than it is here now that Infinite is the next upcoming game.
This has been asked innumerous times. It can't be done technically due to the size of the thread.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Sangheili in multiplayer should be different than spartans, like what they did with Halo Reach but better. they should also be in many more modes.
I disagree 100% with this.

Elites being different than Spartans is the sole reason we have never gotten them back. Elites should be the exact same as Spartans, with hitboxes as close as you can get. But instead of bending the body like Halo 3, they should just shrink the model down so the proportions all line up at most angles.

As seen here.
Also is there a way to request this thread be transferred to the Halo Infinite forum? I believe it would be more relevant there than it is here now that Infinite is the next upcoming game.
This has been asked innumerous times. It can't be done technically due to the size of the thread.
Oh I don't believe that for a second. When this thread got moved from Halo 4 to Halo 5 discussion it was already huge. That's just an excuse to bury this thread, because we've seen no evidence that 343i has listened and brought them back in Infinite. In fact according to recent leaks the Battle Royale mode is called Last Spartan Standing which is practically a confirmation they won't be.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Sangheili in multiplayer should be different than spartans, like what they did with Halo Reach but better. they should also be in many more modes.
I disagree 100% with this.

Elites being different than Spartans is the sole reason we have never gotten them back. Elites should be the exact same as Spartans, with hitboxes as close as you can get. But instead of bending the body like Halo 3, they should just shrink the model down so the proportions all line up at most angles.

As seen here.
Also is there a way to request this thread be transferred to the Halo Infinite forum? I believe it would be more relevant there than it is here now that Infinite is the next upcoming game.
This has been asked innumerous times. It can't be done technically due to the size of the thread.
Oh I don't believe that for a second. When this thread got moved from Halo 4 to Halo 5 discussion it was already huge. That's just an excuse to bury this thread, because we've seen no evidence that 343i has listened and brought them back in Infinite. In fact according to recent leaks the Battle Royale mode is called Last Spartan Standing which is practically a confirmation they won't be.
What leak are you referring to?
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Sangheili in multiplayer should be different than spartans, like what they did with Halo Reach but better. they should also be in many more modes.
I disagree 100% with this.

Elites being different than Spartans is the sole reason we have never gotten them back. Elites should be the exact same as Spartans, with hitboxes as close as you can get. But instead of bending the body like Halo 3, they should just shrink the model down so the proportions all line up at most angles.

As seen here.
Also is there a way to request this thread be transferred to the Halo Infinite forum? I believe it would be more relevant there than it is here now that Infinite is the next upcoming game.
This has been asked innumerous times. It can't be done technically due to the size of the thread.
Oh I don't believe that for a second. When this thread got moved from Halo 4 to Halo 5 discussion it was already huge. That's just an excuse to bury this thread, because we've seen no evidence that 343i has listened and brought them back in Infinite. In fact according to recent leaks the Battle Royale mode is called Last Spartan Standing which is practically a confirmation they won't be.
What leak are you referring to?
https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Construx-Green-Master-Chief/dp/B08J4GPD78/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=mega%20construx&qid=1604245985&sr=8-2&fbclid=IwAR2lDxSEDICjHzUYLPxcXNj7s--qoqZKNIp_WOR0S045mSwMmqCkQHwGrl8.

It refers to a game-mode called "Last Spartan Standing", though it could also have been an error and the set itself is just called Last Spartan Standing while the game mode is just supposed to reference Infection.
Sangheili being different would make sense canonically and would bring more variety to the game.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Sangheili in multiplayer should be different than spartans, like what they did with Halo Reach but better. they should also be in many more modes.
I disagree 100% with this.

Elites being different than Spartans is the sole reason we have never gotten them back. Elites should be the exact same as Spartans, with hitboxes as close as you can get. But instead of bending the body like Halo 3, they should just shrink the model down so the proportions all line up at most angles.

As seen here.
Also is there a way to request this thread be transferred to the Halo Infinite forum? I believe it would be more relevant there than it is here now that Infinite is the next upcoming game.
This has been asked innumerous times. It can't be done technically due to the size of the thread.
Oh I don't believe that for a second. When this thread got moved from Halo 4 to Halo 5 discussion it was already huge. That's just an excuse to bury this thread, because we've seen no evidence that 343i has listened and brought them back in Infinite. In fact according to recent leaks the Battle Royale mode is called Last Spartan Standing which is practically a confirmation they won't be.
What leak are you referring to?
https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Construx-Green-Master-Chief/dp/B08J4GPD78/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=mega%20construx&qid=1604245985&sr=8-2&fbclid=IwAR2lDxSEDICjHzUYLPxcXNj7s--qoqZKNIp_WOR0S045mSwMmqCkQHwGrl8.

It refers to a game-mode called "Last Spartan Standing", though it could also have been an error and the set itself is just called Last Spartan Standing while the game mode is just supposed to reference Infection.
That's definitely just infection, the green energy sword is the same as they used in halo 5, the name is likely just referencing the fact that the spartan is the last survivor.
Judging by the new coating system I seriously doubt we will get playable elites. The coating system seems all fine and dandy for Spartans (functionally) but it just seems like something would be seriously off when using it for elites.
What makes you say that? You realize Invasion has been confirmed right? Whether we get playable Elites or Brutes, that shouldn’t change the coating system. Think like destiny. It wouldn’t be that hard to make the same coat but slightly alter it for armor and texture.... I get what your saying but hopefully the Dev’s are not that lazy xD. I still think we are getting Elites.
Judging by the new coating system I seriously doubt we will get playable elites. The coating system seems all fine and dandy for Spartans (functionally) but it just seems like something would be seriously off when using it for elites.
What makes you say that? You realize Invasion has been confirmed right? Whether we get playable Elites or Brutes, that shouldn’t change the coating system. Think like destiny. It wouldn’t be that hard to make the same coat but slightly alter it for armor and texture.... I get what your saying but hopefully the Dev’s are not that lazy xD. I still think we are getting Elites.
When did Invasion get confirmed? I thought those were just rumors
Judging by the new coating system I seriously doubt we will get playable elites. The coating system seems all fine and dandy for Spartans (functionally) but it just seems like something would be seriously off when using it for elites.
What makes you say that? You realize Invasion has been confirmed right? Whether we get playable Elites or Brutes, that shouldn’t change the coating system. Think like destiny. It wouldn’t be that hard to make the same coat but slightly alter it for armor and texture.... I get what your saying but hopefully the Dev’s are not that lazy xD. I still think we are getting Elites.
When did Invasion get confirmed? I thought those were just rumors
I'm fairly certain that was a leak that was confirmed if I remember correctly.
Even if it is just a rumor, it was based off of some "Evidence". So either way, I'm fairly certain Invasion is coming. The only thing that worries me the most now, is the fact of whether it is playable Elites... Or Playable Brutes 0_0
Judging by the new coating system I seriously doubt we will get playable elites. The coating system seems all fine and dandy for Spartans (functionally) but it just seems like something would be seriously off when using it for elites.
What makes you say that? You realize Invasion has been confirmed right? Whether we get playable Elites or Brutes, that shouldn’t change the coating system. Think like destiny. It wouldn’t be that hard to make the same coat but slightly alter it for armor and texture.... I get what your saying but hopefully the Dev’s are not that lazy xD. I still think we are getting Elites.
When did Invasion get confirmed? I thought those were just rumors
I'm fairly certain that was a leak that was confirmed if I remember correctly.
Even if it is just a rumor, it was based off of some "Evidence". So either way, I'm fairly certain Invasion is coming. The only thing that worries me the most now, is the fact of whether it is playable Elites... Or Playable Brutes 0_0
I’m sure it’s Playable Elites or both. They would not leave out Elites since they’re more suitable for multiplayer
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 911
  4. 912
  5. 913
  6. ...
  7. 914