Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Sangheili (Elites) In New Trilogy Matchmaking

OP Mat Man 412

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 917
  4. 918
  5. 919
  6. 920
  7. 921
  8. ...
  9. 924
BillBrine wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
To be fair, I think elites should also be allowed in ranked, just make those game modes sangheili specific maybe. You choose a preferred species like in Halo Reach but you would still have armour sets for both Spartans and Elites to show off both.
Agreed, but ranked players aren’t what I would call interested in having that thing we would call fun. I’m kidding of course (well, maybe I’m being just a little real) but honestly I kind of need a few game modes where I can’t play as an Elite, because if I was able to play as one then I know I’d never go to play as a Spartan instead so it would be nice to have a few game modes that let me give my Spartan some mileage.

Also, I highly doubt ranked players would ever play a Sangheili ranked gamemode, but whatever, it doesn’t really matter to me as ranked is so unimportant to my experience as a Halo player outside of Invasion.
The point I'm more so making is if they're going to have two or three playable species in Halo Infinite, surely they should all have an equal amount of game time to utilise the worth of those created assets. If they create loaaaaaaads of customisable options for elites but you're not including them in the ranked game modes, there's not much point having the customisation there for them because they're not present in a large percentage of the multiplayer game. Whereas if you have ranked Elite slayer where everyone is elites, there's still no advantage/disadvantage because everyone's hitboxes are the same, which was always the main point of discussion regarding elites in multiplayer.

It just kinda sucks that if elites come back, I'd still have to be forced to play as a Spartan in ranked game modes. Having species only ranked game modes fixes that issue (in my mind anyway!)
hrm... I disagree, there could be ways to make it work. if they don't do that then their needs to be a Sangheili ranked mode. I still think that in casual, Sangheili and maybe even brutes (If they are playable) should have different strengths and weaknesses.
Heck no. As much as I'd love for Elites be back again, introducing strengths/weaknesses would be extremly detrimental.
One of Halos core aspects are equal starts and this should always be the highest priority.
Stuff like that, as fun as it sounds, should be kept for spin offs.
I guess but it ain't realistic, sangheili have many strengths over spartans...
Realism is the worst thing that you can force into a game. Your priority should be making it fun over anything else. Realism only comes second.
Besides, if we want to go by the "realistic" route, then gameplay could be either really boring or really confusing. Spartans, for example, have a ridiculous reaction time, only enhanced by Smart AIs. And to go along with that, they also have lightning fast reflexes, they could probably catch a bullet with their fingers if they tried. Point is: Spartans could have impossibly fast gameplay, doing actions that would be far too fast for the regular Human eye to follow and appreciate, a speed that the Sangheili would lack, putting them at a ridiculous and unfair disadvantage.
Sangheili still have very fast reactions and reflexes. they are also trained from a really young age and live longer than humans so they have more experience. they are also stronger and faster and honestly, probably smarter considering the tech they had while we were building pyramids. they are at least on par with Spartans, their honor gets in the way a lot though but that seems to be clearing up in recent lore with the covenant gone and their religion destroyed.
I didn't say rival, I just said good. I still think they should be on par with sangheili.
Any elite could mess up a spartan 4 tho.
Both Halo 4 and Halo 5 proved otherwise.
EDIT: And I'm fairly sure Halo Escalation did as well. But I didn't read any issue of it, so I have limited or no word on this matter. -_-
yeah, and both of those Halos show the least Sangheili like Sangheili ever. they are the most clumsy anti-sangheili ever.
The point wouldn't change. Whether they were Bungie's or 343's Sangheili, they would be taken down all the same.
he should have died WAY before Halo CE by The Sangheili. I still think that a Sangheili Warrior is a good match for a spartan (at lest, they should be). not halo 4/5 but H2
Sangheili warriors are very skilled, but it falls back to an earlier argument I posted not that long ago. Elites ultimately lose to Spartans because they don't have the augments that Spartans do. I'm mostly just talking about speed and strength, but if I was a betting man like Cayde-6, I'd wager they also have superior tactics, given how the augmentations do increase their creativity.
The Sangheili are just as strong or stronger than Spartans. also, spartans are cheating (imagine a pouty face)
I can't tell if you're actually being serious or making a joke at this point. That statement is proven wrong by every Halo game.
they are cheating, they have been agumentated aka cheating. only reason the win.
How does this have more that 18000 posts?
How does this have more that 18000 posts?
It's nearly this thread's 8 year birthday, and we are still yet to see our mandibley buddies playable.

Don't get me wrong, the new Spartans look amazing, but just imagine how good the Elites would look too!
BillBrine wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
To be fair, I think elites should also be allowed in ranked, just make those game modes sangheili specific maybe. You choose a preferred species like in Halo Reach but you would still have armour sets for both Spartans and Elites to show off both.
Agreed, but ranked players aren’t what I would call interested in having that thing we would call fun. I’m kidding of course (well, maybe I’m being just a little real) but honestly I kind of need a few game modes where I can’t play as an Elite, because if I was able to play as one then I know I’d never go to play as a Spartan instead so it would be nice to have a few game modes that let me give my Spartan some mileage.

Also, I highly doubt ranked players would ever play a Sangheili ranked gamemode, but whatever, it doesn’t really matter to me as ranked is so unimportant to my experience as a Halo player outside of Invasion.
The point I'm more so making is if they're going to have two or three playable species in Halo Infinite, surely they should all have an equal amount of game time to utilise the worth of those created assets. If they create loaaaaaaads of customisable options for elites but you're not including them in the ranked game modes, there's not much point having the customisation there for them because they're not present in a large percentage of the multiplayer game. Whereas if you have ranked Elite slayer where everyone is elites, there's still no advantage/disadvantage because everyone's hitboxes are the same, which was always the main point of discussion regarding elites in multiplayer.

It just kinda sucks that if elites come back, I'd still have to be forced to play as a Spartan in ranked game modes. Having species only ranked game modes fixes that issue (in my mind anyway!)
hrm... I disagree, there could be ways to make it work. if they don't do that then their needs to be a Sangheili ranked mode. I still think that in casual, Sangheili and maybe even brutes (If they are playable) should have different strengths and weaknesses.
Heck no. As much as I'd love for Elites be back again, introducing strengths/weaknesses would be extremly detrimental.
One of Halos core aspects are equal starts and this should always be the highest priority.
Stuff like that, as fun as it sounds, should be kept for spin offs.
I guess but it ain't realistic, sangheili have many strengths over spartans...
Realism is the worst thing that you can force into a game. Your priority should be making it fun over anything else. Realism only comes second.
Besides, if we want to go by the "realistic" route, then gameplay could be either really boring or really confusing. Spartans, for example, have a ridiculous reaction time, only enhanced by Smart AIs. And to go along with that, they also have lightning fast reflexes, they could probably catch a bullet with their fingers if they tried. Point is: Spartans could have impossibly fast gameplay, doing actions that would be far too fast for the regular Human eye to follow and appreciate, a speed that the Sangheili would lack, putting them at a ridiculous and unfair disadvantage.
Sangheili still have very fast reactions and reflexes. they are also trained from a really young age and live longer than humans so they have more experience. they are also stronger and faster and honestly, probably smarter considering the tech they had while we were building pyramids. they are at least on par with Spartans, their honor gets in the way a lot though but that seems to be clearing up in recent lore with the covenant gone and their religion destroyed.
I didn't say rival, I just said good. I still think they should be on par with sangheili.
Any elite could mess up a spartan 4 tho.
Both Halo 4 and Halo 5 proved otherwise.
EDIT: And I'm fairly sure Halo Escalation did as well. But I didn't read any issue of it, so I have limited or no word on this matter. -_-
yeah, and both of those Halos show the least Sangheili like Sangheili ever. they are the most clumsy anti-sangheili ever.
The point wouldn't change. Whether they were Bungie's or 343's Sangheili, they would be taken down all the same.
he should have died WAY before Halo CE by The Sangheili. I still think that a Sangheili Warrior is a good match for a spartan (at lest, they should be). not halo 4/5 but H2
Sangheili warriors are very skilled, but it falls back to an earlier argument I posted not that long ago. Elites ultimately lose to Spartans because they don't have the augments that Spartans do. I'm mostly just talking about speed and strength, but if I was a betting man like Cayde-6, I'd wager they also have superior tactics, given how the augmentations do increase their creativity.
The Sangheili are just as strong or stronger than Spartans. also, spartans are cheating (imagine a pouty face)
I can't tell if you're actually being serious or making a joke at this point. That statement is proven wrong by every Halo game.
If anything the games prove elites are as strong as or stronger than Spartans, since they're generally meant to challenge the player. The increased creative thinking of spartans is their strong suit and basically an in lore explanation for how players interact with enemies in the games. But using gameplay to prove lore doesn't really work anyway.
BillBrine wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
To be fair, I think elites should also be allowed in ranked, just make those game modes sangheili specific maybe. You choose a preferred species like in Halo Reach but you would still have armour sets for both Spartans and Elites to show off both.
Agreed, but ranked players aren’t what I would call interested in having that thing we would call fun. I’m kidding of course (well, maybe I’m being just a little real) but honestly I kind of need a few game modes where I can’t play as an Elite, because if I was able to play as one then I know I’d never go to play as a Spartan instead so it would be nice to have a few game modes that let me give my Spartan some mileage.

Also, I highly doubt ranked players would ever play a Sangheili ranked gamemode, but whatever, it doesn’t really matter to me as ranked is so unimportant to my experience as a Halo player outside of Invasion.
The point I'm more so making is if they're going to have two or three playable species in Halo Infinite, surely they should all have an equal amount of game time to utilise the worth of those created assets. If they create loaaaaaaads of customisable options for elites but you're not including them in the ranked game modes, there's not much point having the customisation there for them because they're not present in a large percentage of the multiplayer game. Whereas if you have ranked Elite slayer where everyone is elites, there's still no advantage/disadvantage because everyone's hitboxes are the same, which was always the main point of discussion regarding elites in multiplayer.

It just kinda sucks that if elites come back, I'd still have to be forced to play as a Spartan in ranked game modes. Having species only ranked game modes fixes that issue (in my mind anyway!)
hrm... I disagree, there could be ways to make it work. if they don't do that then their needs to be a Sangheili ranked mode. I still think that in casual, Sangheili and maybe even brutes (If they are playable) should have different strengths and weaknesses.
Heck no. As much as I'd love for Elites be back again, introducing strengths/weaknesses would be extremly detrimental.
One of Halos core aspects are equal starts and this should always be the highest priority.
Stuff like that, as fun as it sounds, should be kept for spin offs.
I guess but it ain't realistic, sangheili have many strengths over spartans...
Realism is the worst thing that you can force into a game. Your priority should be making it fun over anything else. Realism only comes second.
Besides, if we want to go by the "realistic" route, then gameplay could be either really boring or really confusing. Spartans, for example, have a ridiculous reaction time, only enhanced by Smart AIs. And to go along with that, they also have lightning fast reflexes, they could probably catch a bullet with their fingers if they tried. Point is: Spartans could have impossibly fast gameplay, doing actions that would be far too fast for the regular Human eye to follow and appreciate, a speed that the Sangheili would lack, putting them at a ridiculous and unfair disadvantage.
Sangheili still have very fast reactions and reflexes. they are also trained from a really young age and live longer than humans so they have more experience. they are also stronger and faster and honestly, probably smarter considering the tech they had while we were building pyramids. they are at least on par with Spartans, their honor gets in the way a lot though but that seems to be clearing up in recent lore with the covenant gone and their religion destroyed.
I didn't say rival, I just said good. I still think they should be on par with sangheili.
Any elite could mess up a spartan 4 tho.
Both Halo 4 and Halo 5 proved otherwise.
EDIT: And I'm fairly sure Halo Escalation did as well. But I didn't read any issue of it, so I have limited or no word on this matter. -_-
yeah, and both of those Halos show the least Sangheili like Sangheili ever. they are the most clumsy anti-sangheili ever.
The point wouldn't change. Whether they were Bungie's or 343's Sangheili, they would be taken down all the same.
he should have died WAY before Halo CE by The Sangheili. I still think that a Sangheili Warrior is a good match for a spartan (at lest, they should be). not halo 4/5 but H2
Sangheili warriors are very skilled, but it falls back to an earlier argument I posted not that long ago. Elites ultimately lose to Spartans because they don't have the augments that Spartans do. I'm mostly just talking about speed and strength, but if I was a betting man like Cayde-6, I'd wager they also have superior tactics, given how the augmentations do increase their creativity.
The Sangheili are just as strong or stronger than Spartans. also, spartans are cheating (imagine a pouty face)
I can't tell if you're actually being serious or making a joke at this point. That statement is proven wrong by every Halo game.
If anything the games prove elites are as strong as or stronger than Spartans, since they're generally meant to challenge the player. The increased creative thinking of spartans is their strong suit and basically an in lore explanation for how players interact with enemies in the games. But using gameplay to prove lore doesn't really work anyway.
I don't mean gameplay, but the games' stories. If Elites really were on par with Spartans, then Halo CE wouldn't have gone the way it did, for instance. As I've said, John-117 isn't even the best Spartan, he's just the most lucky. Even then, luck is a supernatural vector, meaning it's outside of his control.
BillBrine wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
To be fair, I think elites should also be allowed in ranked, just make those game modes sangheili specific maybe. You choose a preferred species like in Halo Reach but you would still have armour sets for both Spartans and Elites to show off both.
Agreed, but ranked players aren’t what I would call interested in having that thing we would call fun. I’m kidding of course (well, maybe I’m being just a little real) but honestly I kind of need a few game modes where I can’t play as an Elite, because if I was able to play as one then I know I’d never go to play as a Spartan instead so it would be nice to have a few game modes that let me give my Spartan some mileage.

Also, I highly doubt ranked players would ever play a Sangheili ranked gamemode, but whatever, it doesn’t really matter to me as ranked is so unimportant to my experience as a Halo player outside of Invasion.
The point I'm more so making is if they're going to have two or three playable species in Halo Infinite, surely they should all have an equal amount of game time to utilise the worth of those created assets. If they create loaaaaaaads of customisable options for elites but you're not including them in the ranked game modes, there's not much point having the customisation there for them because they're not present in a large percentage of the multiplayer game. Whereas if you have ranked Elite slayer where everyone is elites, there's still no advantage/disadvantage because everyone's hitboxes are the same, which was always the main point of discussion regarding elites in multiplayer.

It just kinda sucks that if elites come back, I'd still have to be forced to play as a Spartan in ranked game modes. Having species only ranked game modes fixes that issue (in my mind anyway!)
hrm... I disagree, there could be ways to make it work. if they don't do that then their needs to be a Sangheili ranked mode. I still think that in casual, Sangheili and maybe even brutes (If they are playable) should have different strengths and weaknesses.
Heck no. As much as I'd love for Elites be back again, introducing strengths/weaknesses would be extremly detrimental.
One of Halos core aspects are equal starts and this should always be the highest priority.
Stuff like that, as fun as it sounds, should be kept for spin offs.
I guess but it ain't realistic, sangheili have many strengths over spartans...
Realism is the worst thing that you can force into a game. Your priority should be making it fun over anything else. Realism only comes second.
Besides, if we want to go by the "realistic" route, then gameplay could be either really boring or really confusing. Spartans, for example, have a ridiculous reaction time, only enhanced by Smart AIs. And to go along with that, they also have lightning fast reflexes, they could probably catch a bullet with their fingers if they tried. Point is: Spartans could have impossibly fast gameplay, doing actions that would be far too fast for the regular Human eye to follow and appreciate, a speed that the Sangheili would lack, putting them at a ridiculous and unfair disadvantage.
Sangheili still have very fast reactions and reflexes. they are also trained from a really young age and live longer than humans so they have more experience. they are also stronger and faster and honestly, probably smarter considering the tech they had while we were building pyramids. they are at least on par with Spartans, their honor gets in the way a lot though but that seems to be clearing up in recent lore with the covenant gone and their religion destroyed.
I didn't say rival, I just said good. I still think they should be on par with sangheili.
Any elite could mess up a spartan 4 tho.
Both Halo 4 and Halo 5 proved otherwise.
EDIT: And I'm fairly sure Halo Escalation did as well. But I didn't read any issue of it, so I have limited or no word on this matter. -_-
yeah, and both of those Halos show the least Sangheili like Sangheili ever. they are the most clumsy anti-sangheili ever.
The point wouldn't change. Whether they were Bungie's or 343's Sangheili, they would be taken down all the same.
he should have died WAY before Halo CE by The Sangheili. I still think that a Sangheili Warrior is a good match for a spartan (at lest, they should be). not halo 4/5 but H2
Sangheili warriors are very skilled, but it falls back to an earlier argument I posted not that long ago. Elites ultimately lose to Spartans because they don't have the augments that Spartans do. I'm mostly just talking about speed and strength, but if I was a betting man like Cayde-6, I'd wager they also have superior tactics, given how the augmentations do increase their creativity.
The Sangheili are just as strong or stronger than Spartans. also, spartans are cheating (imagine a pouty face)
I can't tell if you're actually being serious or making a joke at this point. That statement is proven wrong by every Halo game.
If anything the games prove elites are as strong as or stronger than Spartans, since they're generally meant to challenge the player. The increased creative thinking of spartans is their strong suit and basically an in lore explanation for how players interact with enemies in the games. But using gameplay to prove lore doesn't really work anyway.
I don't mean gameplay, but the games' stories. If Elites really were on par with Spartans, then Halo CE wouldn't have gone the way it did, for instance. As I've said, John-117 isn't even the best Spartan, he's just the most lucky. Even then, luck is a supernatural vector, meaning it's outside of his control.
which is why he didn't die. cause god is on his side.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
To be fair, I think elites should also be allowed in ranked, just make those game modes sangheili specific maybe. You choose a preferred species like in Halo Reach but you would still have armour sets for both Spartans and Elites to show off both.
Agreed, but ranked players aren’t what I would call interested in having that thing we would call fun. I’m kidding of course (well, maybe I’m being just a little real) but honestly I kind of need a few game modes where I can’t play as an Elite, because if I was able to play as one then I know I’d never go to play as a Spartan instead so it would be nice to have a few game modes that let me give my Spartan some mileage.

Also, I highly doubt ranked players would ever play a Sangheili ranked gamemode, but whatever, it doesn’t really matter to me as ranked is so unimportant to my experience as a Halo player outside of Invasion.
The point I'm more so making is if they're going to have two or three playable species in Halo Infinite, surely they should all have an equal amount of game time to utilise the worth of those created assets. If they create loaaaaaaads of customisable options for elites but you're not including them in the ranked game modes, there's not much point having the customisation there for them because they're not present in a large percentage of the multiplayer game. Whereas if you have ranked Elite slayer where everyone is elites, there's still no advantage/disadvantage because everyone's hitboxes are the same, which was always the main point of discussion regarding elites in multiplayer.

It just kinda sucks that if elites come back, I'd still have to be forced to play as a Spartan in ranked game modes. Having species only ranked game modes fixes that issue (in my mind anyway!)
hrm... I disagree, there could be ways to make it work. if they don't do that then their needs to be a Sangheili ranked mode. I still think that in casual, Sangheili and maybe even brutes (If they are playable) should have different strengths and weaknesses.
Heck no. As much as I'd love for Elites be back again, introducing strengths/weaknesses would be extremly detrimental.
One of Halos core aspects are equal starts and this should always be the highest priority.
Stuff like that, as fun as it sounds, should be kept for spin offs.
I guess but it ain't realistic, sangheili have many strengths over spartans...
Realism is the worst thing that you can force into a game. Your priority should be making it fun over anything else. Realism only comes second.
Besides, if we want to go by the "realistic" route, then gameplay could be either really boring or really confusing. Spartans, for example, have a ridiculous reaction time, only enhanced by Smart AIs. And to go along with that, they also have lightning fast reflexes, they could probably catch a bullet with their fingers if they tried. Point is: Spartans could have impossibly fast gameplay, doing actions that would be far too fast for the regular Human eye to follow and appreciate, a speed that the Sangheili would lack, putting them at a ridiculous and unfair disadvantage.
You just described powers that no greek god could ever dream of, much less cyborg humans. That would go beyond the fundamental laws of physics and break space and time as we know it.
The gameplay IS accurate... look at how fast master chief reloads his gun. Now try to reload a nerf gun that fast. You can't, right? That's cause humans suck, and need high end billion dollar futuristic space armor to do anything useful. (Case in point: The marines in any halo game, where the only thing they do that isn't equal to zero is shoot you in the face with an RPG) And arby could probably just floor the chief if he wanted to (dont believe me? load up halo 3 and try to betray arbiter) and the only reason M.C. has barely survived is cause player controlled characters are OP and also how the frick does he get so lucky.
oh and no one considers halo 4-5's elites canon, about what you said here "That is an entirely different point. We're talking about REGULAR Sangheili. Not named characters." Yeah 343 decided "hey you know the big strong covenant leader we hyped up in halo4? yeah how 'bout we let locke OHK him in a cutscene oh yeah lets also make the arbiter do nothing all game" because 343's thought process is uninterpretable. Locke wouldntve stood a chance against a literal grunt from any of the OG games, but 343 thinks that the easier a game is the more fun it is (its not)
Of Corse Man! Hope to return in Infinite
C0BALT237 wrote:
You just described powers that no greek god could ever dream of, much less cyborg humans. That would go beyond the fundamental laws of physics and break space and time as we know it.
The gameplay IS accurate... look at how fast master chief reloads his gun. Now try to reload a nerf gun that fast. You can't, right? That's cause humans suck, and need high end billion dollar futuristic space armor to do anything useful. (Case in point: The marines in any halo game, where the only thing they do that isn't equal to zero is shoot you in the face with an RPG)
There's so much wrong here...

Gameplay is not accurate. AT ALL. In Halo 3 ODST, we can reload the weapons just as fast. Or, better yet, look at literally any other game, like Half-Life. Gordon Freeman can reload his MP5 in a second, perfectly, all the time. Gameplay is only that fast and perfect because it HAS to be fun and satisfying to the player. Again, it is quite literally impossible to play as a lore-accurate Spartan, because they're far too fast for our eyes to follow and our mind to comprehend. And Smart AIs can further increase their reflexes.
Quote:
And arby could probably just floor the chief if he wanted to (dont believe me? load up halo 3 and try to betray arbiter) and the only reason M.C. has barely survived is cause player controlled characters are OP and also how the frick does he get so lucky.
This has got to be a joke. I won't even try.
Quote:
oh and no one considers halo 4-5's elites canon, about what you said here "That is an entirely different point. We're talking about REGULAR Sangheili. Not named characters." Yeah 343 decided "hey you know the big strong covenant leader we hyped up in halo4? yeah how 'bout we let locke OHK him in a cutscene oh yeah lets also make the arbiter do nothing all game" because 343's thought process is uninterpretable. Locke wouldntve stood a chance against a literal grunt from any of the OG games, but 343 thinks that the easier a game is the more fun it is (its not)
Yeah, everyone considers them canon, because they're literally canon. Sure, you can see Halo 4 and Halo 5 as non-canon like I consider the Sequel trilogy non-canon, but they're still officially there and are not going away.

Jul 'Mdama's death may have been stupid, but it seems he would've died anyway. His guards were quickly taken out by the other Spartans, soon leaving him alone against 4 of them. It's a case of bad writing doing a poor job of portraying a character correctly (much like it does with other characters, namely Blue Team).

And the emotional hate here is obvious. Enemies from the OG games would be no different to the new enemies. They're the same species, just different races. So they're be taken down by Locke all the same.
C0BALT237 wrote:
You just described powers that no greek god could ever dream of, much less cyborg humans. That would go beyond the fundamental laws of physics and break space and time as we know it.
The gameplay IS accurate... look at how fast master chief reloads his gun. Now try to reload a nerf gun that fast. You can't, right? That's cause humans suck, and need high end billion dollar futuristic space armor to do anything useful. (Case in point: The marines in any halo game, where the only thing they do that isn't equal to zero is shoot you in the face with an RPG)
There's so much wrong here...

Gameplay is not accurate. AT ALL. In Halo 3 ODST, we can reload the weapons just as fast. Or, better yet, look at literally any other game, like Half-Life. Gordon Freeman can reload his MP5 in a second, perfectly, all the time. Gameplay is only that fast and perfect because it HAS to be fun and satisfying to the player. Again, it is quite literally impossible to play as a lore-accurate Spartan, because they're far too fast for our eyes to follow and our mind to comprehend. And Smart AIs can further increase their reflexes.
Quote:
And arby could probably just floor the chief if he wanted to (dont believe me? load up halo 3 and try to betray arbiter) and the only reason M.C. has barely survived is cause player controlled characters are OP and also how the frick does he get so lucky.
This has got to be a joke. I won't even try.
First of all, Marines in Halo are just like Normal US Military. they can reload guns just as fast as our military. ODSTs are basically Navy SEALS so they are comparable to that. Master Chief reloads his gun WAY TOOO FAST!!! it ain't even enough Time to grab the mag and the reload is already done....

Second, The Arbiter has a TON more experience than the Chief, he has survived a LOT more flood which is the most dangerous thing in the Galaxy. he is faster (just sprint wise.... don't know about reflexes and all that but they are good) he is stronger, and bigger. Arby would win. there is no doubt about it.
First of all, Marines in Halo are just like Normal US Military. they can reload guns just as fast as our military. ODSTs are basically Navy SEALS so they are comparable to that. Master Chief reloads his gun WAY TOOO FAST!!! it ain't even enough Time to grab the mag and the reload is already done....

Second, The Arbiter has a TON more experience than the Chief, he has survived a LOT more flood which is the most dangerous thing in the Galaxy. he is faster (just sprint wise.... don't know about reflexes and all that but they are good) he is stronger, and bigger. Arby would win. there is no doubt about it.
I wasn't putting that into question. Of course those Marines would be the same. But they still wouldn't reload as fast as a Spartan or ODST. And Gordon Freeman wouldn't realistically reload FASTER than a Marine. He did train to handle guns (and his HEV suit does identify and handle weaponry), but he still isn't a soldier.
Remember: It's all done for the sake of the game being fun and satisfying for the player. Because, again, realism is the worst thing you can force into a video game.

Debatable. Even if he didn't fight in as many conflicts, he did survive some of the worst scenarios. In Halo CE, he spent the rest of his time alone fighting both the Covenant and Flood after the 343 Guilty Sparks mission, then raided High Charity alone to retrieve Cortana, right into the heart of the enemy. I am going to admit though: My memory related to Halo lore feels rusty and I've been spending more time on Destiny and Dragon Ball, since Halo has been.... difficult for me.
And Chief is faster, in both movement and reflexes. After all, he can run at 60 km/h, and his reflexes are reduced to nanoseconds, further so when paired with a Smart AI. Strength wise, I'm not sure, but I do know that Spartans can lift 5 times their weight (in-armor).
Height isn't a contest.
First of all, Marines in Halo are just like Normal US Military. they can reload guns just as fast as our military. ODSTs are basically Navy SEALS so they are comparable to that. Master Chief reloads his gun WAY TOOO FAST!!! it ain't even enough Time to grab the mag and the reload is already done....

Second, The Arbiter has a TON more experience than the Chief, he has survived a LOT more flood which is the most dangerous thing in the Galaxy. he is faster (just sprint wise.... don't know about reflexes and all that but they are good) he is stronger, and bigger. Arby would win. there is no doubt about it.
I wasn't putting that into question. Of course those Marines would be the same. But they still wouldn't reload as fast as a Spartan or ODST. And Gordon Freeman wouldn't realistically reload FASTER than a Marine. He did train to handle guns (and his HEV suit does identify and handle weaponry), but he still isn't a soldier.
Remember: It's all done for the sake of the game being fun and satisfying for the player. Because, again, realism is the worst thing you can force into a video game.

Debatable. Even if he didn't fight in as many conflicts, he did survive some of the worst scenarios. In Halo CE, he spent the rest of his time alone fighting both the Covenant and Flood after the 343 Guilty Sparks mission, then raided High Charity alone to retrieve Cortana, right into the heart of the enemy.
And Chief is faster, in both movement and reflexes. After all, he can run at 60 km/h, and his reflexes are reduced to nanoseconds, further so when paired with a Smart AI. Strength wise, I'm not sure, but I do know that Spartans can lift 5 times their weight (in-armor).
Height isn't a contest.
I know for a fact that sangheili can run faster and are stronger. And almost every single lvl with the Arbiter in Halo 2 was a flood level. Some of the hardest ones too. Arby has a butt Ton more expierience. He is 70 years old and still kicking booty. Arby would win.
I know for a fact that sangheili can run faster and are stronger. And almost every single lvl with the Arbiter in Halo 2 was a flood level. Some of the hardest ones too. Arby has a butt Ton more expierience. He is 70 years old and still kicking booty. Arby would win.
What are the sources to prove that?

In total, Chief had 9 missions with the Flood across all Halo games.
  1. 343 Guilty Sparks
  2. The Library
  3. Two Betrayals
  4. Keyes
  5. The Maw
  6. High Charity
  7. Floodgate
  8. Cortana
  9. Halo
Arby on the other hand, had 5:
  1. The Oracle
  2. Sacred Icon
  3. Quarantine Zone
  4. Floodgate
  5. Halo
I left out the last section in The Covenant (mission) since it only involved Flood enemies after Truth's death. Sacred Icon and Quarantine Zone would technically count as one level too, since Quarantine is a direct continuation of Icon, while the rest take place in different locations. And Chief definitely had the worst. Not Arby. Chief, again, spent the 2nd half of CE fighting both Covenant AND Flood alone, even surviving the Library which was just the Flood rushing him. Then, he raided High Charity alone, the heart of the Flood at the time. We're pretty much talking about billions of infected individuals, so High Charity could very have been a Keymind (if we go by pre ATN rules).

I did forget that Arby was a 70 year old warrior. My bad. 😬
I know for a fact that sangheili can run faster and are stronger. And almost every single lvl with the Arbiter in Halo 2 was a flood level. Some of the hardest ones too. Arby has a butt Ton more expierience. He is 70 years old and still kicking booty. Arby would win.
What are the sources to prove that?

In total, Chief had 9 missions with the Flood across all Halo games.
  1. 343 Guilty Sparks
  2. The Library
  3. Two Betrayals
  4. Keyes
  5. The Maw
  6. High Charity
  7. Floodgate
  8. Cortana
  9. Halo
Arby on the other hand, had 5:
  1. The Oracle
  2. Sacred Icon
  3. Quarantine Zone
  4. Floodgate
  5. Halo
I left out the last section in The Covenant (mission) since it only involved Flood enemies after Truth's death. Sacred Icon and Quarantine Zone would technically count as one level too, since Quarantine is a direct continuation of Icon, while the rest take place in different locations. And Chief definitely had the worst. Not Arby. Chief, again, spent the 2nd half of CE fighting both Covenant AND Flood alone, even surviving the Library which was just the Flood rushing him. Then, he raided High Charity alone, the heart of the Flood at the time. We're pretty much talking about billions of infected individuals, so High Charity could very have been a Keymind (if we go by pre ATN rules).

I did forget that Arby was a 70 year old warrior. My bad. 😬
BUT, Arby still fought the flood during the battle for installation 04 I am sure and before halo CE, Rtas 'Vadum fought the flood, It would not be wrong to assume that the Arbiter fought the flood before Halo CE. and the main reason Master Chief survived was because he is literally the luckiest being to ever exist. >:(
BUT, Arby still fought the flood during the battle for installation 04 I am sure and before halo CE, Rtas 'Vadum fought the flood, It would not be wrong to assume that the Arbiter fought the flood before Halo CE.
Prior to my comment, I went to check Halopedia for specifically that, but only found anything pertaining to the Flood in something like this:
Arbiter's page in Halopedia.
Searching for "Flood" only takes me as far as Halo CE, but not fighting it. Actually, Halopedia states he's only been reported of the Flood being released in Alpha Halo. He even ordered all ships to withdraw from the ring.
But if there's any source that tells me he actually fought the Flood in the ring, then just tell me.
BUT, Arby still fought the flood during the battle for installation 04 I am sure and before halo CE, Rtas 'Vadum fought the flood, It would not be wrong to assume that the Arbiter fought the flood before Halo CE.
Prior to my comment, I went to check Halopedia for specifically that, but only found anything pertaining to the Flood in something like this:
Arbiter's page in Halopedia.
Searching for "Flood" only takes me as far as Halo CE, but not fighting it. Actually, Halopedia states he's only been reported of the Flood being released in Alpha Halo. He even ordered all ships to withdraw from the ring.
But if there's any source that tells me he actually fought the Flood in the ring, then just tell me.
The one Halo book I've read ealing with Installation 04 was Halo: the flood but had NOTHING to do with Thel 'Vadam. I am using his personality as a commander who frequently participates in ground attacks to reinforce my idea. and still, John is thluckiest being alive, you cannot deny that.
I think we’re getting a little sidetracked here guys. Talking about specific characters and trying to compare the fact that they have plot armour vs the average Sangheili and Spartan isn’t getting us anywhere, my only comment is that I think some of you are letting distaste towards Halo 4 and 5 content, particularly the Elites which as far as I’m concerned have no reason to be hated, and Locke, who I also do not believe should be hated. But whatever, the Halo fandom has a tendency to be irritable over things that are different.

I think it would be better if we tried to talk through some more of the benefits of bringing our warriors back would be- I for one adore Halo 5’s playability in terms of all the weapon variants, vehicle variants, forge, warzone, prefabs, custom games, all that good stuff. It would’ve honestly been the perfect Halo game for me...

...if only Elites were playable. That to me is the Achilles heel of multiplayer in 5. Okay yeah you’ve got the REQ system which, if it’s coming back, seriously needs some tweaking and modifications so it doesn’t feel like everything you pop in Warzone is vulnerable to being ripped out of your hands the moment you spawn by a guy with a Phaeton Helios, and sure it sucks that you can’t unlock armours in any way other than by RNG, even if you do follow the method of buying bronzes and then silvers and then golds to unlock everything as I did, but the fact that a large portion of Halo 5 is so centred on Sangheilios and the fact that I saw so much Sangheili culture from the lore out into the game and we got to use the Arbiter’s personal energy sword, yet weren’t able to play as Sangheili baffled me. It was so close to perfection for me- I love playing 5. I know I’m in the minority on that, but I do. But it will never cease to confuse me why we can’t play as Elites in a game that gave us so many options, options we never had before and options that I remember wishing for so many times.

Infinite is the chance to change that. Not only will it undoubtedly bring more options, but it’s a chance to bring that one big option that we’ve wanted here so long- playable Elites. Just think of it now- you’re playing as a Sangheili Ascetic, running through a Sangheilios map with a Vorpal Talon in hand, immersed in the beauty of the world, surrounded by your brothers both of your species and otherwise, you all switch to your variant weapons, and in your case it’s a Blood of Suban, and you unload fury on the enemy team, united alongside your fellow man and ‘heili, all whilst brandishing a form you love and a form you want to express yourself with. That is what Halo 5 should’ve been, and it came so close. And that’s why Infinite should take that lesson to heart.

I cannot say it enough, but I will say it again: it’s called Halo Infinite right? Why not have infinite options?
I think we’re getting a little sidetracked here guys. Talking about specific characters and trying to compare the fact that they have plot armour vs the average Sangheili and Spartan isn’t getting us anywhere, my only comment is that I think some of you are letting distaste towards Halo 4 and 5 content, particularly the Elites which as far as I’m concerned have no reason to be hated, and Locke, who I also do not believe should be hated. But whatever, the Halo fandom has a tendency to be irritable over things that are different.

I think it would be better if we tried to talk through some more of the benefits of bringing our warriors back would be- I for one adore Halo 5’s playability in terms of all the weapon variants, vehicle variants, forge, warzone, prefabs, custom games, all that good stuff. It would’ve honestly been the perfect Halo game for me...

...if only Elites were playable. That to me is the Achilles heel of multiplayer in 5. Okay yeah you’ve got the REQ system which, if it’s coming back, seriously needs some tweaking and modifications so it doesn’t feel like everything you pop in Warzone is vulnerable to being ripped out of your hands the moment you spawn by a guy with a Phaeton Helios, and sure it sucks that you can’t unlock armours in any way other than by RNG, even if you do follow the method of buying bronzes and then silvers and then golds to unlock everything as I did, but the fact that a large portion of Halo 5 is so centred on Sangheilios and the fact that I saw so much Sangheili culture from the lore out into the game and we got to use the Arbiter’s personal energy sword, yet weren’t able to play as Sangheili baffled me. It was so close to perfection for me- I love playing 5. I know I’m in the minority on that, but I do. But it will never cease to confuse me why we can’t play as Elites in a game that gave us so many options, options we never had before and options that I remember wishing for so many times.

Infinite is the chance to change that. Not only will it undoubtedly bring more options, but it’s a chance to bring that one big option that we’ve wanted here so long- playable Elites. Just think of it now- you’re playing as a Sangheili Ascetic, running through a Sangheilios map with a Vorpal Talon in hand, immersed in the beauty of the world, surrounded by your brothers both of your species and otherwise, you all switch to your variant weapons, and in your case it’s a Blood of Suban, and you unload fury on the enemy team, united alongside your fellow man and ‘heili, all whilst brandishing a form you love and a form you want to express yourself with. That is what Halo 5 should’ve been, and it came so close. And that’s why Infinite should take that lesson to heart.

I cannot say it enough, but I will say it again: it’s called Halo Infinite right? Why not have infinite options?
Halo 5 doesn’t feel or look halo, it looks trash and feels wack. That’s why I don’t like it. Also the fact of no playable sangheili and the story is trash...
I love to play as an elite. It gives me a feeling I can't describe. I guess it's just fun. People say that elite players are noobs, so for many years I refrained from playing as them, even though I was getting 15 to 20 kills every match. When I started playing as an elite, nothing changed. I was still as good as ever! In fact my confidence level went up, and I started to get even more kills.

I'm not saying Elite players are better, but Spartans aren't better either. Sure there are going to be more good Spartan player because the majority of people play as Spartans.
As for hitboxes, they are all the same. Even if they were bigger I would still play as them so it's more of a challenge.

I don't care if people think I'm bad at halo because I play as an elite. I'm not going to go out of my way to please someone I don't even know.
In conclusion, I play as an elite but it doesn't mean I am a bad player.

Everyone who sees this comment, if you like to play as an elite, go for it! It doesn't mean your bad at halo! It just means you have a different taste and that's ok too!
Exile06 wrote:
I love to play as an elite. It gives me a feeling I can't describe. I guess it's just fun. People say that elite players are noobs, so for many years I refrained from playing as them, even though I was getting 15 to 20 kills every match. When I started playing as an elite, nothing changed. I was still as good as ever! In fact my confidence level went up, and I started to get even more kills.

I'm not saying Elite players are better, but Spartans aren't better either. Sure there are going to be more good Spartan player because the majority of people play as Spartans.
As for hitboxes, they are all the same. Even if they were bigger I would still play as them so it's more of a challenge.

I don't care if people think I'm bad at halo because I play as an elite. I'm not going to go out of my way to please someone I don't even know.
In conclusion, I play as an elite but it doesn't mean I am a bad player.

Everyone who sees this comment, if you like to play as an elite, go for it! It doesn't mean your bad at halo! It just means you have a different taste and that's ok too!
and when you do better Playing as a Sangheili, your just better than everyone else :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 917
  4. 918
  5. 919
  6. 920
  7. 921
  8. ...
  9. 924