1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 936
  4. 937
  5. 938
  6. ...
  7. 939
Shkikri wrote:
Playable brutes would be epic, but we need pkayable elites back first. And considering all we see in the books, there is potential for more spin offs, like ODST, or Halo Wars, they don't all need to be shooters.

Also, I first ment season as in season pass, then as hunting season.
on the subject of playable brutes, brute chieftains have energy shield in reach, and in halo 3 so they would have to have a way of giving the playable all brute energy shield for
gameplay also if they add playable elite with playable brutes in halo infinite they could have a invasion like game mode call scism which is brute vs elites
Novel concept I could get behind in theory but its a heck of a long shot.
Shkikri wrote:
Playable brutes would be epic, but we need pkayable elites back first. And considering all we see in the books, there is potential for more spin offs, like ODST, or Halo Wars, they don't all need to be shooters.

The Brutes don't have energy shields in Halo 3, however, in Halo 3 ODST the Brute's power armour has an energy shield effect when shot. So, shielding problem solved!
An Invasion-like Schism gamemode would be awesome! And something that would only be possible with both Elites and Brutes playable. Let's hope it happens eventually!
in halo reach brute chieftains have energy sheilds and it does recharge
That is true, I just mentioned Halo 3 ODST because the energy shield visual effect applies to all the Brutes, not just the chieftains. I think it is also more noticeable than Halo Reach's shield effect on the Brute Chieftains.
Something interesting about Halo 3 Brutes: you probably know this already, but while their power armour never recharges or reforms once it is broken, if it gets damaged but doesn't break, it actually does recharge!
You can tell when their armour is severely damaged/about to break when blue smoke-like particles come out of it. It might be easy to miss, though.
Ingegnoso wrote:
2012 no playable elites/ 2021 Halo Infinite no playable elites, where are my friends Elites? 😭😭
They could possibly be added in a DLC. They said “never say never.” We will just have to wait and see
It better be a free expansion not a paid DLC
I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a paid DLC
It shouldn't be because I'm pretty sure I already know how they're going to monetize this game based off the industry today.
Shkikri wrote:

on the subject of playable brutes, brute chieftains have energy shield in reach, and in halo 3 so they would have to have a way of giving the playable all brute energy shield for
gameplay also if they add playable elite with playable brutes in halo infinite they could have a invasion like game mode call scism which is brute vs elites
That would be AWESOME! I would love to have a game mode like that. If both Elites and Brutes were fighting each other, than you could have an invasion type thing where Brutes are stronger, tougher, and have a bigger hitbox, and Elites are faster, more agile, and have a slightly smaller hitbox. (I know in lore Brutes are slightly faster than Elites, but this is just gameplay so it doesn't really matter).

Of all other options, I think this is the most likely for 343 to do. They have basically said that they aren't going to put Elites in standard multiplayer because it "isn't fair", but this way playable Elites and Brutes would be strictly playable in invasion type gameplay, and custom games. Much like Reach. I think that's the only way we're going to get our dino buddies back. Besides, I would love to play as Craig!
Also another annoy aspect of this to think about is they are literally using the MCC as a testing ground for Infinite and they would rather base their judgement off of the fact that in the "MCC" a smaller portion of players play as Elites (which isn't surprising given there is "NOTHING" new for the Elites) than dedicate a season in the MCC to the Elites and let them actually see how many Elite players there truly are. I mean they have cut armors for the Elites in Halo Online, for crying out loud, they could mix and match the Reach Elites armors, they could give custom game options to allow us to force the "Preferred species preference to actually spawn you as either Spartan or Elite so that as long as its enabled, you can play as an Elite in Reach regardless the gamemode ect. They could atleast test if playable Elites would be a viable thing to bring back before deciding to go all out on Spartans, but they don't, they can't even give the games that have playable Elites in them already anything new, let alone bring them back in a brand new Halo because they are more focused on "Microtransactions" than what we actually want. I would gladly accept a monetized armor system in Halo Infinite, if 343 actually added in armors worth the real money I would pay for them, as well as whatever species I prefer. They don't even give the Elites a chance and that is the issue. I sometimes think the drastic change 343 made to the Elites in 4 and 5 as them secretly hoping if they made the Elites ''ugly'' we would no longer want them. I hate this, with Bungie I never had to worry about playable Elites not being in a Halo game past Halo 2, as they actually cared about the community and even went out of their way to make a compromise with Reach ( it may not be my most favorite version of them, but I would accept it, if that was a way 343 brought them back) why can't 343 do the same? Why do they constantly fail to even live up to what Bungie did a decade ago?
Also another annoy aspect of this to think about is they are literally using the MCC as a testing ground for Infinite and they would rather base their judgement off of the fact that in the "MCC" a smaller portion of players play as Elites (which isn't surprising given there is "NOTHING" new for the Elites) than dedicate a season in the MCC to the Elites and let them actually see how many Elite players there truly are. I mean they have cut armors for the Elites in Halo Online, for crying out loud, they could mix and match the Reach Elites armors, they could give custom game options to allow us to force the "Preferred species preference to actually spawn you as either Spartan or Elite so that as long as its enabled, you can play as an Elite in Reach regardless the gamemode ect. They could atleast test if playable Elites would be a viable thing to bring back before deciding to go all out on Spartans, but they don't, they can't even give the games that have playable Elites in them already anything new, let alone bring them back in a brand new Halo because they are more focused on "Microtransactions" than what we actually want. I would gladly accept a monetized armor system in Halo Infinite, if 343 actually added in armors worth the real money I would pay for them, as well as whatever species I prefer. They don't even give the Elites a chance and that is the issue. I sometimes think the drastic change 343 made to the Elites in 4 and 5 as them secretly hoping if they made the Elites ''ugly'' we would no longer want them. I hate this, with Bungie I never had to worry about playable Elites not being in a Halo game past Halo 2, as they actually cared about the community and even went out of their way to make a compromise with Reach ( it may not be my most favorite version of them, but I would accept it, if that was a way 343 brought them back) why can't 343 do the same? Why do they constantly fail to even live up to what Bungie did a decade ago?
343: You will accept what we give you
Fans: How about no?

343 got punched for 4 and 5's art style, do they want it again for blatantly ignoring part of their fanbase for the third time in a row?
I've been thinking...there are some Drones in Halo 3: ODST that have energy shields. Therefore, we could have playable Drones too?!
Obviously to a lesser extent than Elites (and the currently non-playable Brutes).
Hahaha...playable Drones with shields...!
DraykC13 wrote:

343 got punched for 4 and 5's art style, do they want it again for blatantly ignoring part of their fanbase for the third time in a row?
Thing is I feel like we were so close with infinite. It seemed like all the bungie vibes were returning to fuse with what 343 brought to the table to give us a pretty good approximation of what a successful modern halo could be. Then came that qna that once again gave us the competitive, gimmicky side of 343 that will always seem to ruin the hype for me.

And now it’s been leaked that there’s gonna be 2 entirely NEW Spartans in the story?? They better be well written, because what happened to this being a chief only story? What happened to the Arbiter and SOS. The created?(unless it was in the recent books like shadows of reach that I have yet to read ). Going from “help evil cortana is taking over the galaxy. Ty arbiter for letting us stay on your planet so we can build our forces to strike back” to “ the entire unsc force at zeta halo got whipped by the banished so chief has to team up with a random survivor to do w/e ends up happening” seems like a pretty big gap to connect, like bigger than the disconnect of halo 4 to halo 5.

Just think, another opportunity to bring elites back if chief and brohammer have to get backup from arbiter and the SOS, but 343 is 343 so that 9/10 won’t happen. Hopefully the games planned 10 years at least covers the story part, but experience tells me it’s gonna be a bumpy ride. Hope I’m proven wrong, but for now I know I’m right.
DraykC13 wrote:

Thing is I feel like we were so close with infinite. It seemed like all the bungie vibes were returning to fuse with what 343 brought to the table to give us a pretty good approximation of what a successful modern halo could be. Then came that qna that once again gave us the competitive, gimmicky side of 343 that will always seem to ruin the hype for me.

And now it’s been leaked that there’s gonna be 2 entirely NEW Spartans in the story?? They better be well written, because what happened to this being a chief only story? What happened to the Arbiter and SOS. The created?(unless it was in the recent books like shadows of reach that I have yet to read ). Going from “help evil cortana is taking over the galaxy. Ty arbiter for letting us stay on your planet so we can build our forces to strike back” to “ the entire unsc force at zeta halo got whipped by the banished so chief has to team up with a random survivor to do w/e ends up happening” seems like a pretty big gap to connect, like bigger than the disconnect of halo 4 to halo 5.

Just think, another opportunity to bring elites back if chief and brohammer have to get backup from arbiter and the SOS, but 343 is 343 so that 9/10 won’t happen. Hopefully the games planned 10 years at least covers the story part, but experience tells me it’s gonna be a bumpy ride. Hope I’m proven wrong, but for now I know I’m right.
With 343 obsession with spartans are the best at everything mentallity. would not shock me if instead of the SOS its some random spartan strike team to aid the master chief in his story i mean cant 343 actually make something more interesting to interact with instead of just spartans this spartans that
DraykC13 wrote:

With 343 obsession with spartans are the best at everything mentallity. would not shock me if instead of the SOS its some random spartan strike team to aid the master chief in his story i mean cant 343 actually make something more interesting to interact with instead of just spartans this spartans that
Exactly. It’s not even hype to see Spartans in the games anymore bc their appearances are over saturating the story. Like if I wanted to play power rangers then I’d go turn on power rangers sheeesh. I just wanna see arbiter and his dudes in their rightful glory again like they were in the h2a bookend cutscenes, not their gross makeover they were forced in halo 5.

edit: Since the Skywalker saga is around the corner and the false claim about halo not being meant for kids is out the window since the rating is T which pretty much denies any hope for the flood we know returning for infinite, can we get that halo mega bloks game that was leaked a while ago? Imagine a lego Star Wars- esque halo game where we could not only play as Spartans and elites, but brutes, drones, hunters, marines, promethians, and even flood. Hit boxes and all the other excuses wouldn’t matter, and imagine all the crazy characters we could create: an elite running around with hayabusa katanas or a hunter with a grunt head.
DraykC13 wrote:

When everyone's special then no one is. And that's what happened. Now freaking everyone's a spartan.
Lego Halo would be dope.
DraykC13 wrote:

When everyone's special then no one is. And that's what happened. Now freaking everyone's a spartan.
And that's was there mistake right there when everyone a spartan it lost its appeal and uniqueness and now its oversaturated. When it come to halo games story there was one I liked alot hw2 awakening nightmare I thought the story was actually insane great story play in the shoes of the banished it was fresh new and interesting
Shkikri wrote:
The spartans, who prefer spartans, but enjoy seeing elites around are often ignored or misjudged by these people who think we're unimportant, because no, they're not siding with you, they're siding with us, they'll always be spartans, but they want us back too. There are the poepke who play spartans to not get ridiculed, cause elites have not recieved any of the new cool customizatiins or cause they're just default 117 chief clones, and despite that, what I see in my games, we're still about 20% of theonline lobies, is 20% of the population really that small and unsignificant?
No, 20% is not that small and insignificant, considering how many Halo players there really are. Though, that's not even counting the people like me that switch back and forth between species throughout the week. I have seen many people play as a Spartan one match, but then switch to an Elite the next, so it really depends on what people are in the mood for. If they gave Elites more customization options, I almost guarantee you the population of Elites will rise. Besides, if people have a problem with aliens, they shouldn't be playing a Sci Fi game.

You also make a good point about some people liking Elites, but prefer Spartans, there are actually a lot of people who have that very opinion.
DraykC13 wrote:

And that's was there mistake right there when everyone a spartan it lost its appeal and uniqueness and now its oversaturated. When it come to halo games story there was one I liked alot hw2 awakening nightmare I thought the story was actually insane great story play in the shoes of the banished it was fresh new and interesting
Yea something about variety being the spice of life seems appropriate here, without it things become a tad more bland. I guess they are super expanding the customization of spartans and allowing them different "roles" so to speak, so that everyone can be there own spartan but they haven't quite nailed that yet. The biggest venture into that avenue was H4 ranking system which wasn't all that well received tbh.
I really had high hopes for Halo Infinite but they are quickly dwindling and being replaced with fear and frustration. I'm sure the game can still be enjoyed without playable elites but it's still a huge shot to the heart. They knew we've wanted them since Halo 4 and they STILL REFUSE. I doubt it has anything to do with "it's a Spartan story". So was Halo 3 and Halo Reach, and Halo 2 was mostly a Spartan story. Honestly I think it's because they still want it to be THEIR game now and they would rather have it be like every other shooter out there with a focus on humans only. At this point I am only interested in the campaigns to see what they do with the story now. I want to like multi-player but it'll be missing a lot and the fact that it's free makes me even more worried about what they're going to pull with it.

I would love them to make a spin off for us that's focused on the elites, maybe following the Swords of Sanghelios or something. I'm sure it would be very successful still and they'd probably make a lot of people happy. But I don't really have faith in 343 at all anymore.

MCC is the only place to enjoy playing as elites and unfortunately they're still being biased towards Spartans with these latest updates based on Halo Online. I hear there are in fact playable elites and more elite armors in Halo Online, BUT THE ONLY THING WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN IS ALL THE SPARTAN ARMOR.

AHHHH I hate this elite hatred from 343. What's the real reason you won't let us play as them again? What the f*** is the issue 343?
There is no reason. I've just come to the conclusion that they hate them simply because their Elites. They have no justification and no excuse for this hatred of Elites, I've given up on 343. I can't believe I actually thought for years they would bring playable Elites back and give them good customization.

From now on, I'm not going to hope and worry if playable Elites will ever be in any Halo game, because I already know the answer, their gone, playable Elites are gone, and I seriously doubt they will ever return. Bungie's gone, and 343 refuse to live up to our expectations.
Exile06 wrote:
There is no reason. I've just come to the conclusion that they hate them simply because their Elites. They have no justification and no excuse for this hatred of Elites, I've given up on 343. I can't believe I actually thought for years they would bring playable Elites back and give them good customization.

From now on, I'm not going to hope and worry if playable Elites will ever be in any Halo game, because I already know the answer, their gone, playable Elites are gone, and I seriously doubt they will ever return. Bungie's gone, and 343 refuse to live up to our expectations.
I know how easy to give up is, but giving up is what they want, giving up is giving 343 that justification. Even if we never get them, we can atleast remind them who they have abandoned. I want the fire to stay under their -Yoinks!- for as long as it can, because if their is ever hope of getting them back, it will be from the persistence. We got Halo 3 on pc and the classic artstyle back, I am certain we can eventually break 343 on this aswell.
Exile06 wrote:

That’s what I’m saying the next mcc seasons are our last real hope honestly. If it’s just more junky spam Spartan content drops, then we really have our answer and there really is no hope anymore.
I've been thinking...there are some Drones in Halo 3: ODST that have energy shields. Therefore, we could have playable Drones too?!
Obviously to a lesser extent than Elites (and the currently non-playable Brutes).
Hahaha...playable Drones with shields...!
Dude have you ever played GOW judgment? Have a game mode like the cod vs locest one. and have players who play as engineer the ability to give players like grunts, jackles, and hunters shields.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 936
  4. 937
  5. 938
  6. ...
  7. 939