OP Mat Man 412

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 940
  4. 941
  5. 942
  6. ...
  7. 943
At least now the customs browser is in MCC for a test until Monday. Last night I played some games and can easily say it’s the most fun I’ve had playing MCC without totally dominating the enemy team because I actually was able to play as my Sangheili Warrior alongside Spartans and other Sangheili in a multiplayer I can enjoy as the Forerunners intended. So capitalise on this before it goes away brothers and sisters, because by Monday it’s back to the old formula again until the next season. Provided it’s actually added in the next season.
This might seem a REALLY stupid question, but what does the custom game browser even do? I've tried looking it up but it seems no one has asked that question because apparently I'm the only person in the world who doesn't know what it is. People have been telling me that its really fun, and I want to jump in, but I need to know what the heck it is.
Exile06 wrote:
At least now the customs browser is in MCC for a test until Monday. Last night I played some games and can easily say it’s the most fun I’ve had playing MCC without totally dominating the enemy team because I actually was able to play as my Sangheili Warrior alongside Spartans and other Sangheili in a multiplayer I can enjoy as the Forerunners intended. So capitalise on this before it goes away brothers and sisters, because by Monday it’s back to the old formula again until the next season. Provided it’s actually added in the next season.
This might seem a REALLY stupid question, but what does the custom game browser even do? I've tried looking it up but it seems no one has asked that question because apparently I'm the only person in the world who doesn't know what it is. People have been telling me that its really fun, and I want to jump in, but I need to know what the heck it is.
It allows you to search for other people's Custom Game lobbies and join them in MCC. They run on dedicated servers. It is being tested right now on MCC and will be going offline Monday so that 343 can determine whether or not it needs additional work before launching it permanently
Exile06 wrote:
It allows you to search for other people's Custom Game lobbies and join them in MCC. They run on dedicated servers. It is being tested right now on MCC and will be going offline Monday so that 343 can determine whether or not it needs additional work before launching it permanently
Oh ok, thanks for the info! So that means I can host my custom game maps and game types? Cool!
Exile06 wrote:
Exile06 wrote:
Oh ok, thanks for the info! So that means I can host my custom game maps and game types? Cool!
Yes. You can basically run a server because when a game ends, it automatically starts another one
Is the test for pc only?
XenobyteZX wrote:
Is the test for pc only?
Nope. It's for both platforms, and there's crossplay.
The thing that I'm stuck on is the fact that we, not to brag have had REALLY good ideas and points that could easily fix the playable Elite problem. I remember when I first joined this forum, so many other people had so many good ideas, and they still do.

So why the heck aren't 343 doing anything? I know its not our game, and 343 can do whatever they want, but so many other people have shouted out game breaking thoughts, AND 343 LISTEN TO THEM AND NOT US?!? This is one of the largest, if not THE largest forum on this site. There is no doubt in my mind that 343 saw every comment! 343 gives everyone else's ideas the spotlight, but what about the nine hundred and forty two pages of complaints that we STILL don't have playable Elites in a new Halo game?!?

There is no excuse on 343's part for this. They cannot deny that this is pure hatred for Elites. They don't want to say it, but we all know it anyway. JUST LOOK AT THIS!!
343 very specifically made the Elite die in a really dumb way, and to top it off, they even zoomed in to confirm it was an Elite!

Unless 343 plans to give us that Halo Online Elite armor, the Elite fate is pretty much sealed in my opinion.
Exile06 wrote:
The thing that I'm stuck on is the fact that we, not to brag have had REALLY good ideas and points that could easily fix the playable Elite problem. I remember when I first joined this forum, so many other people had so many good ideas, and they still do.

So why the heck aren't 343 doing anything? I know its not our game, and 343 can do whatever they want, but so many other people have shouted out game breaking thoughts, AND 343 LISTEN TO THEM AND NOT US?!? This is one of the largest, if not THE largest forum on this site. There is no doubt in my mind that 343 saw every comment! 343 gives everyone else's ideas the spotlight, but what about the nine hundred and forty two pages of complaints that we STILL don't have playable Elites in a new Halo game?!?

There is no excuse on 343's part for this. They cannot deny that this is pure hatred for Elites. They don't want to say it, but we all know it anyway. JUST LOOK AT THIS!!
343 very specifically made the Elite die in a really dumb way, and to top it off, they even zoomed in to confirm it was an Elite!

Unless 343 plans to give us that Halo Online Elite armor, the Elite fate is pretty much sealed in my opinion.
Yup I've been saying that too. I really want to play devils advocate with 343 seeing what they've done with Infinite so far, but I can't. We have 3 more seasons for MCC, but at this point the halo we knew is gone and 343 is just gonna do what it wants to the franchise now.
Exile06 wrote:

Yup I've been saying that too. I really want to play devils advocate with 343 seeing what they've done with Infinite so far, but I can't. We have 3 more seasons for MCC, but at this point the halo we knew is gone and 343 is just gonna do what it wants to the franchise now.
The whole season thing is really making me mad. Stop giving us stupid weapon skins and work on campaign crossplay! They shouldn't have made some of those seasons. Reclaimer should have been all the Halo 4 piece be piece armor. And instead of Anvil, they should have made a season unlocking the Halo 3 piece by piece armor.

THEN have all those stupid one's with the dumb skins and cruddy armor that you can't see out of and doesn't protect one bit of your body! I'm so glad we have that setting to turn off all that nonsense. The Noble season was the only one I enjoyed doing because that armor was worth getting. This might ruin some armor for you so click at your own risk. Here you go. Remember this is all my opinion, no need to get offended.
Exile06 wrote:
The whole season thing is really making me mad. Stop giving us stupid weapon skins and work on campaign crossplay!
That's not coming anytime soon, if at all really. The work required to re-write each campaign in order to get it running smoothly is currently sitting around 6 to 12 months per game.
stckrboy wrote:
Exile06 wrote:
The whole season thing is really making me mad. Stop giving us stupid weapon skins and work on campaign crossplay!
That's not coming anytime soon, if at all really. The work required to re-write each campaign in order to get it running smoothly is currently sitting around 6 to 12 months per game.
Looks like we're not getting campaign crossplay for a few years then. Have they completed any games yet?
It's not something in their current development plans as far as I know, focus right now is File Share, Custom Games Browser, bug fixes and some of the other big ticket items mentioned late last year
stckrboy wrote:
It's not something in their current development plans as far as I know, focus right now is File Share, Custom Games Browser, bug fixes and some of the other big ticket items mentioned late last year
Well, did it take this long for multiplayer crossplay? Or was that easier for them?
Multiplayer networking models differ from campaign, but to legacy decisions made by Bungie. It was a lot of time and effort to do the work for firefight, which is the only big networking change I believe has taken place.

We're straying a bit too far offtopic now, so I'd say feel free to continue this discussion in MCC. I'm sure there are some open discussion topics about it there
Exile06 wrote:
Exile06 wrote:

The whole season thing is really making me mad. Stop giving us stupid weapon skins and work on campaign crossplay! They shouldn't have made some of those seasons. Reclaimer should have been all the Halo 4 piece be piece armor. And instead of Anvil, they should have made a season unlocking the Halo 3 piece by piece armor.

THEN have all those stupid one's with the dumb skins and cruddy armor that you can't see out of and doesn't protect one bit of your body! I'm so glad we have that setting to turn off all that nonsense. The Noble season was the only one I enjoyed doing because that armor was worth getting. This might ruin some armor for you so click at your own risk. Here you go. Remember this is all my opinion, no need to get offended.
Alright man I think you’re getting a little too heated. I understand your passion but I think we have to draw the line with our tempers in here. Anger and rage and inflammation gets us nowhere, and if it does get us somewhere then it’s never well-earned. People bullied Insomniac games and whatnot for Spider-Man skins and other studios for other things, let’s try and not be that same kind of fan.

As for armours and whatnot, I like the additions and I will always say I’m glad 343 is evolving Halo and moving on from old bungie stuff. Halo to me is much better because of 343. The only problem is the lack of playable Elites limits what could be the perfect franchise going forward. Infinite looks so beautiful, so amazing and expansive and filled with so many brilliant things but this one singular bugbear of the ‘Spartan experience’ is what stops it from truly being Infinite.

But, guys, you have to remember, Halo Infinite is a game that will be the staple of the entire franchise for the next 10 years. I don’t think anyone here has really respected that figure enough- that’s enough time for infinite to last all the way through to the launch of the next generation of consoles after series x and the ps5, and heck with technology developing, it might not even take that long to get new generations. Now do you all really think that it would be a logical business move to make the only content you put into this game for the next 10 years is just new skins and armours? Think about it, that will get old very fast. Every piece of media produced under 343 shows a much greater care and connection between different species in the franchise. The Bungie era barely enabled different species to act differently to their stereotypes- Brutes were always dumb, angry morons, Prophets were always treacherous, cowardly slime, and even Elites were always honourable, devout samurai. Now look at what we have- we have some actual complexity with more characters than just the main bunch- Jiralhanae can now be anything from the most ingenious warlord in the Galaxy to a security guard employed by a human company run by a forerunner A.I. San’Shyuum can be anything from brave, courageous and kind rebels against the Covenant to supersoldiers able to tango with Sangheili, Jiralhanae and yes, even Spartans. Sangheili can now be anything from teenagers disgraced at the Sangheili’s apparent need for war and combat to mercenaries and revolutionaries with cybernetic arms and mandibles with no regard for something as petty as honour in the first place.

Knowing all that, can you really say 343 ‘hates’ Elites? They think we’re not worth catering to, so instead of complaining and being negative and mean-spirited (I know most of us aren’t that last option, but a couple of people in here have been at times) we should show them that no, we are worth catering to, we are worth making new content for and we are not just a small portion of a large fandom. But likewise, if we want to get anywhere, we shouldn’t try to go on the attack or else that’s just more reason not to give us what we want. I’m not saying don’t criticise some of their choices, but know that there isn’t a lack of hope, and continue pushing. Heck, not to get anyone’s hopes up artificially, but they could even have first person animations being worked on for Elites right as I type these words, but for whatever reason, they won’t be available for launch. It sucks, don’t you think I don’t feel that because I feel it everyday, but there isn’t a reason to get so pessimistic just yet. If anyone genuinely does oppose the introduction of Elites into playability, then that’s what they want. For you to lose hope and to forsake your honour by being hotheaded. Don’t give them that. Don’t give them what they want.
Considering the potential the Arbiter side of the story has in the Halo universe I'm pretty hopeful they will make a full blown expansion on it down the line. At least I hope they won't relegate it to something like books. With the size and scope of Halo Infinite it shouldn't be impossible.

On a side note, I would also love to see an ODST like expansion down the line too but that's another topic.
Exile06 wrote:
Exile06 wrote:

Alright man I think you’re getting a little too heated. I understand your passion but I think we have to draw the line with our tempers in here. Anger and rage and inflammation gets us nowhere, and if it does get us somewhere then it’s never well-earned. People bullied Insomniac games and whatnot for Spider-Man skins and other studios for other things, let’s try and not be that same kind of fan.

As for armours and whatnot, I like the additions and I will always say I’m glad 343 is evolving Halo and moving on from old bungie stuff. Halo to me is much better because of 343. The only problem is the lack of playable Elites limits what could be the perfect franchise going forward. Infinite looks so beautiful, so amazing and expansive and filled with so many brilliant things but this one singular bugbear of the ‘Spartan experience’ is what stops it from truly being Infinite.

But, guys, you have to remember, Halo Infinite is a game that will be the staple of the entire franchise for the next 10 years. I don’t think anyone here has really respected that figure enough- that’s enough time for infinite to last all the way through to the launch of the next generation of consoles after series x and the ps5, and heck with technology developing, it might not even take that long to get new generations. Now do you all really think that it would be a logical business move to make the only content you put into this game for the next 10 years is just new skins and armours? Think about it, that will get old very fast. Every piece of media produced under 343 shows a much greater care and connection between different species in the franchise. The Bungie era barely enabled different species to act differently to their stereotypes- Brutes were always dumb, angry morons, Prophets were always treacherous, cowardly slime, and even Elites were always honourable, devout samurai. Now look at what we have- we have some actual complexity with more characters than just the main bunch- Jiralhanae can now be anything from the most ingenious warlord in the Galaxy to a security guard employed by a human company run by a forerunner A.I. San’Shyuum can be anything from brave, courageous and kind rebels against the Covenant to supersoldiers able to tango with Sangheili, Jiralhanae and yes, even Spartans. Sangheili can now be anything from teenagers disgraced at the Sangheili’s apparent need for war and combat to mercenaries and revolutionaries with cybernetic arms and mandibles with no regard for something as petty as honour in the first place.

Knowing all that, can you really say 343 ‘hates’ Elites? They think we’re not worth catering to, so instead of complaining and being negative and mean-spirited (I know most of us aren’t that last option, but a couple of people in here have been at times) we should show them that no, we are worth catering to, we are worth making new content for and we are not just a small portion of a large fandom. But likewise, if we want to get anywhere, we shouldn’t try to go on the attack or else that’s just more reason not to give us what we want. I’m not saying don’t criticise some of their choices, but know that there isn’t a lack of hope, and continue pushing. Heck, not to get anyone’s hopes up artificially, but they could even have first person animations being worked on for Elites right as I type these words, but for whatever reason, they won’t be available for launch. It sucks, don’t you think I don’t feel that because I feel it everyday, but there isn’t a reason to get so pessimistic just yet. If anyone genuinely does oppose the introduction of Elites into playability, then that’s what they want. For you to lose hope and to forsake your honour by being hotheaded. Don’t give them that. Don’t give them what they want.
I'm working on my anger, I'm trying to not get triggered as much. I do realize that if I'm always losing my temper at 343 nothing is going to get accomplished, so I'm working myself up for no reason. Stickrboy has notified me that campaign crossplay is a difficult task, so I'm not going to yell at 343 for that anymore, their doing all that they can.

I didn't mean that 343 "hates" Elites as a whole, what I meant was that 343 resents the thought of playable Elites. I am glad we have all that stuff back, it seems like the Halo Universe is getting back to normal.

Did you at least think the video was funny? I loved it. :)
Exile06 wrote:
Exile06 wrote:

Lol I remember act man doing a similar vid with halo 5 armor. I still think it’s fair to be frustrated though. A lot of people have been asking for some kind of hint at this feature returning for 10 years, and as long as we’re civil towards everyone, I don’t see the problem in sharing ones opinion.
Exile06 wrote:
Exile06 wrote:

Lol I remember act man doing a similar vid with halo 5 armor. I still think it’s fair to be frustrated though. A lot of people have been asking for some kind of hint at this feature returning for 10 years, and as long as we’re civil towards everyone, I don’t see the problem in sharing ones opinion.
Act Man's vid on armor impressions was hilarious! I'm so relieved 343 are returning to armor that can actually fit a human. Up until Halo 4 there was no armor piece I didn't like. I don't know what 343 was trying to do with Halo 4 and 5 armor, and I'll never know if they accomplished it.

That's not to say I hate every single piece of armor 343 made, Soldier, Warrior, Recruit, Oceanic, and Enforcer looked really good. I also liked the customization options they made, giving us the ability to customize the head, chest, arms, visor, legs, back accessory, and techsuit. In other words, the customization options are good, but the most of the armor isn't.

Edit: All the armor shown in Halo Infinite also looks really good.
Exile06 wrote:
Exile06 wrote:

How is he bullying? He's just venting. And you know what maybe we should put 343s feet to the fire. You might have a good soul but I believe we're never going to see elites again unless we start saying he listen here bud here are good reasons as for why we should be able to play as elites. Not saying I'm going to throw eggs at your cars in the studio parking lot of you don't add elites. That's bullying.

Everyone thinks anything negative towards anyone is bullying nowadays. Remember sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

And besides the fans who got what the want in 6 held 343 to the fire
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 940
  4. 941
  5. 942
  6. ...
  7. 943