1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 946
  4. 947
  5. 948
  6. 949
  7. ...
  8. 950
Any indication on when season 7 is releasing yet?

I know an mcc stream is going on right now, but I don't really like watching streams.

I know an mcc stream is going on right now, but I don't really like watching streams.
Not sure, I figured it would be today, but that's pretty much out the window. My guess is either tomorrow, or the day after.

I now think June 23rd. Seasons normally release on Wednesdays and if it was coming on the 16th, 343 would've announced it already. Guess we'll see if they say anything in today's dev update, but I doubt it
Well, think about it this way- the challenges have reset as if it were a normal week, and thank goodness because it gives me more time to hoard season points. With that in mind, it’s probably gonna drop by the next reset.
Dang everyone’s talking ab the infinite showcase this week but I just wanna know when season 7 releases :/
Also another annoy aspect of this to think about is they are literally using the MCC as a testing ground for Infinite and they would rather base their judgement off of the fact that in the "MCC" a smaller portion of players play as Elites (which isn't surprising given there is "NOTHING" new for the Elites) than dedicate a season in the MCC to the Elites and let them actually see how many Elite players there truly are. I mean they have cut armors for the Elites in Halo Online, for crying out loud, they could mix and match the Reach Elites armors, they could give custom game options to allow us to force the "Preferred species preference to actually spawn you as either Spartan or Elite so that as long as its enabled, you can play as an Elite in Reach regardless the gamemode ect. They could atleast test if playable Elites would be a viable thing to bring back before deciding to go all out on Spartans, but they don't, they can't even give the games that have playable Elites in them already anything new, let alone bring them back in a brand new Halo because they are more focused on "Microtransactions" than what we actually want. I would gladly accept a monetized armor system in Halo Infinite, if 343 actually added in armors worth the real money I would pay for them, as well as whatever species I prefer. They don't even give the Elites a chance and that is the issue. I sometimes think the drastic change 343 made to the Elites in 4 and 5 as them secretly hoping if they made the Elites ''ugly'' we would no longer want them. I hate this, with Bungie I never had to worry about playable Elites not being in a Halo game past Halo 2, as they actually cared about the community and even went out of their way to make a compromise with Reach ( it may not be my most favorite version of them, but I would accept it, if that was a way 343 brought them back) why can't 343 do the same? Why do they constantly fail to even live up to what Bungie did a decade ago?
Welp this did not age well.
Also another annoy aspect of this to think about is they are literally using the MCC as a testing ground for Infinite and they would rather base their judgement off of the fact that in the "MCC" a smaller portion of players play as Elites (which isn't surprising given there is "NOTHING" new for the Elites) than dedicate a season in the MCC to the Elites and let them actually see how many Elite players there truly are. I mean they have cut armors for the Elites in Halo Online, for crying out loud, they could mix and match the Reach Elites armors, they could give custom game options to allow us to force the "Preferred species preference to actually spawn you as either Spartan or Elite so that as long as its enabled, you can play as an Elite in Reach regardless the gamemode ect. They could atleast test if playable Elites would be a viable thing to bring back before deciding to go all out on Spartans, but they don't, they can't even give the games that have playable Elites in them already anything new, let alone bring them back in a brand new Halo because they are more focused on "Microtransactions" than what we actually want. I would gladly accept a monetized armor system in Halo Infinite, if 343 actually added in armors worth the real money I would pay for them, as well as whatever species I prefer. They don't even give the Elites a chance and that is the issue. I sometimes think the drastic change 343 made to the Elites in 4 and 5 as them secretly hoping if they made the Elites ''ugly'' we would no longer want them. I hate this, with Bungie I never had to worry about playable Elites not being in a Halo game past Halo 2, as they actually cared about the community and even went out of their way to make a compromise with Reach ( it may not be my most favorite version of them, but I would accept it, if that was a way 343 brought them back) why can't 343 do the same? Why do they constantly fail to even live up to what Bungie did a decade ago?
None of our posts really did... All mine were hating on 343, and the fact that their giving us cosmetics anyway speaks volumes on 343's part.
I appreciate the Elite's getting some new armor for Halo 3! The upcoming season 7 but there are some things missing for the update playable elites for Halo Reach in social games. If possible can you bring playable Elites for Slayer modes in Halo Reach? I like to play as a Elite! than be forced to play as a Spartan.
I think halo needs playable elites in MP. But Elites are difficult to implement in MP due to bigger hitboxes, therefore easilier to headshot/kill. Having a mode with only elites would remove that problem for sure.
Spike3303 wrote:
I Concur, I believe the appearance of sangheili In halo four Multi-player will be Vital for Success, and diversity.
I agreed
I appreciate the Elite's getting some new armor for Halo 3! The upcoming season 7 but there are some things missing for the update playable elites for Halo Reach in social games. If possible can you bring playable Elites for Slayer modes in Halo Reach? I like to play as a Elite! than be forced to play as a Spartan.
Absolutely. Halo Reach would be the perfect Halo for me if that was the case. Just like the older Halos would be (at least somewhat) perfect if it weren’t for the fact I feel like a slug due to the lack of sprint, and Halo 4 and 5 would also be perfect if they just had playable Elites in the first place. To me every Halo falls short of just one little feature that would make the game absolutely divine for me. I say my favourite is Reach, which it is, but on the other hand I have a hell of a lot more fun with 5 and its sandbox and general gameplay features. But it doesn’t have Elites. Then there’s Reach which does, but it doesn’t have them in slayer and just generally alongside Spartans, and so on. A change like this would certainly cement one as my absolute favourite.
Now that we got a look at infinite multiplayer, ngl it looked kinda fun, but if elites are ever added I think it could be pretty fun ( the samurai armor set was fire af tho ).
After watching the reveal trailer and blogpost I’m kinda worried. First off, they’re bringing the wasp back which I never was a fan of since it’s just a downgraded hornet with no seats, it looks like sprint is gonna be in the game in all modes full time, the dreaded skill based matchmaking, and they were doing that thing again where they’d say stupid cringey things again like “Spartan journey” which makes me really question are they ever gonna add elites back if they’re only focused on their color monetized Spartans?…
Also rip red v blue teams :(
That Infinite multiplayer was underwhelming, I'm sorry to those who enjoyed it. It really wasn't much to look at. I mean, of course I want Elites, but... even with Elites, I personally won't have as much fun as I thought I would. It really is a shame.
That Infinite multiplayer was underwhelming, I'm sorry to those who enjoyed it. It really wasn't much to look at. I mean, of course I want Elites, but... even with Elites, I personally won't have as much fun as I thought I would. It really is a shame.
Well it is gonna be live service too, so maybe they’ll add something decent later. Hopefully sbmm won’t be too painful, otherwise it’ll be automatically unplayable. But yea it’s kinda looking like a rehashed halo 5 that’s gonna be unfinished at launch.
I’m overjoyed with literally everything about the infinite multiplayer- except from no Elites. Whatever, maybe that’ll change. Hopefully.

Thank goodness we aren’t forced into teams based on red vs blue anymore. I’m sick of not being able to actually display how I’ve customised my character. Hopefully that’ll matter even more to me once Elites get added. As for the Wasp. It’s my favourite UNSC Air Vehicle (with the exception of the Falcon with the pilot nose gun), so I’m very glad it’s returning. If Helioskrill isn’t in at launch and if Elites don’t get added early, I have a feeling the samurai armour will be my look.
After watching the new video on Halo's YouTube channel, I'm excited, it looks like they're doing a lot of good things for this game, but, I fear a few things, seeing how much work they're putting into spartans, 3 things.

1: I guess it explains why they haven't worked on elites, you can customize spartans even more than in Reach and Halo 4 and 5 combined, customize vehicles, customize guns, customize the human being under the armor, roam around base and do random things like replaying the tutorial, test weapons, talk to NPCs and a bunch of other things.

2: I fear that the amount of work required to have elites as feature complete will be a good reason in 343's eyes to simply not bother, they would need to rework the base map to have an SoS camp in it, make new Sangheili NPCs and have them integrated in the expended lore in a way that makes sense with the existing base maps human NPCs, new AIs that fit more with the elites, more alien customizations for all the vehicules and guns, have a fully customizable unnarmored elite, new voices and his armor, prosthetics, etc...

3: I fear that if they do add elites, they'll be dropped in, be a lot more basic than spartans, and after a while stop being updated and all the love goes back to the spartans.
Shkikri wrote:
After watching the new video on Halo's YouTube channel, I'm excited, it looks like they're doing a lot of good things for this game, but, I fear a few things, seeing how much work they're putting into spartans, 3 things.

1: I guess it explains why they haven't worked on elites, you can customize spartans even more than in Reach and Halo 4 and 5 combined, customize vehicles, customize guns, customize the human being under the armor, roam around base and do random things like replaying the tutorial, test weapons, talk to NPCs and a bunch of other things.

2: I fear that the amount of work required to have elites as feature complete will be a good reason in 343's eyes to simply not bother, they would need to rework the base map to have an SoS camp in it, make new Sangheili NPCs and have them integrated in the expended lore in a way that makes sense with the existing base maps human NPCs, new AIs that fit more with the elites, more alien customizations for all the vehicules and guns, have a fully customizable unnarmored elite, new voices and his armor, prosthetics, etc...

3: I fear that if they do add elites, they'll be dropped in, be a lot more basic than spartans, and after a while stop being updated and all the love goes back to the spartans.
Yea some of the stuff worries me too, but then again it could be just what they need to keep the game fresh in the future. Imagine a Swords season where the shadow of intent shows up and drops down base camps like we saw in halo 5 alongside the unsc ones. It could add not only elites, but og weapons and vehicles like the plasma rifle, carbine, beam rifle, spectre, etc.

Like I said before, too much human stuff like in 4 and 5 is boring. I don’t have a Spartan, I just wanna be MY elite again. Hopefully season 7 gets announced soon.
Can't believe this is still going!
I used to be UG Assassination lol.
Infinite looks fantastic, even though we still don't have our playable Elites, it's not crazy to implement them down the line.
Keep faith brothers and sisters!
Why can't they just add them and do what Reach did, only here in Infinite? We've had this conversation for years about how difficult it is to add Playable Elites because of how their size and hitboxes don't mesh with maps that were designed with Spartan Mobility in mind, but I'm going to be honest: I've sweated and stressed over how difficult it is to implement them into the competitive scene of Halo and, at this point, I don't care if they are unbalanced or sequestered to certain gamemodes, so long as they are added.

Halo 2, 3 and Reach all had Playable Elites uniquely and I'm ready for them to return, even if it means they'll only be in specific modes. I'm ready for them just to be back.
It's more annoying that we now have to concern ourselves with: "are they worth adding?"
I feel they are. I feel like we've done enough to show, by this thread alone, that we want elites back, whatever the cost. Of course they are worth adding! so long as we are worth being kept as Halo fans in this community. So long as our participation in this community is valued. At this point in history, I think Playable Elites seem like something worth adding just because fans want it. Halo's 2, 3, and Reach didn't care so much about the concern with Playable Elites, so long as they were included for the people who wanted them. I mean, that's admirable, considering how hard it is to add them. The cost of balance didn't matter to those 3 games, Just having playable elites was a higher priority than it is now, for some reason, even though people still ask for it. Reach is proof that having Playable Elites needing to be present in competitive modes, does not necessarily need to be the case.

It's an issue involving the value of retention. Even if it seems like Playable Elites are an unconventional and highly situational feature to add, Is this part of the community not valuable enough to justify adding them? Is this part of the community not valuable enough to 343 to warrant taking notice? Are we, as a community who just want Playable Elites, still valuable to the rest of the community of people who say things like "They're literally only 0.0001% of the Halo Fanbase, they're not worth it"?
Cause if we're not valuable, and our persistent wishes aren't valuable, even after 8 years, then... well... why are we still here then? Why were we here in the first place?
That's the difficult question that you need to ask when you dive into the territory of Why people want a feature that, to everyone else, just seems pointless.
Is it really that pointless if so many people continue to ask for it, over and over again?
What didn't age well? You said a lot there. A lot that I kinda agree with.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 946
  4. 947
  5. 948
  6. 949
  7. ...
  8. 950