2. ...
  3. 949
  4. 950
  5. 951
  6. 952
  7. 953
  8. ...
  9. 962
I’m getting more the vibe that they’re trying to perfect gameplay first to make halo modern but still halo, and then they’ll add them once they get a feel for what to add to the game. I hope this is the case and they actually do care about ALL their fans and not just the ones that will make esports or whatever. If not, then it’ll just be another modern game with meaningless filler content I feel.
Referring to the entire community as "Spartans" in the MCC Season 7 video earlier has me concerned they don't really care despite adding the elite armour. Just felt weird for them to say that and like it was specifically put in when it didn't need to be.
I’m getting more the vibe that they’re trying to perfect gameplay first to make halo modern but still halo, and then they’ll add them once they get a feel for what to add to the game. I hope this is the case and they actually do care about ALL their fans and not just the ones that will make esports or whatever. If not, then it’ll just be another modern game with meaningless filler content I feel.
Referring to the entire community as "Spartans" in the MCC Season 7 video earlier has me concerned they don't really care despite adding the elite armour. Just felt weird for them to say that and like it was specifically put in when it didn't need to be.
Wait, I think I missed it, when did that happen? I need to see it again.
Shkikri wrote:
It is said at the end of the Season 7 Seasonal Sitrep video, and I quote, "as always, we'll see you online, Spartans."
I suppose it could be seen as insensitive, perhaps, in the context of Season 7 having significant focus on Elites, but it was also said in the Seasonal 5 and 6 videos too. I personally wouldn't dwell on it.
Shkikri wrote:
It is said at the end of the Season 7 Seasonal Sitrep video, and I quote, "as always, we'll see you online, Spartans."
I suppose it could be seen as insensitive, perhaps, in the context of Season 7 having significant focus on Elites, but it was also said in the Seasonal 5 and 6 videos too. I personally wouldn't dwell on it.
Yeah I don't really think there's any reason to be offended, it just sounds stupid juxtaposed with the theme of the season quite frankly.
Yea it's kinda annoying, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just the studios PR buzzword choice to refer to the player with a term that has to do with the game. It's kinda like how the COD studios refer to the player base as "operators" sometimes.
Turns out I got so used to be called a spartan my mind filtered it out, but yeah, even if it's not deal breaking and all, everytime I get called spartan and I do notice it I'm pouting_sangheili.png.
I see no real problem with it. Closest I recall to acknowledgment on the Sangheili community was the halo 3 official guide, where the FFA slayer section comments, "its every man, woman, and Sangheili warrior for themselves."
The armours for Season 7 just dropped and they look really sleek and stylish. Just having these armours adapted to the Infinite Engine and available in Infinite would be enough for me in terms of playable Elites - if they could ever be added, on or post launch, the H3 armours as they stand would be a great template.
I still don't know what it will take 343 to listen to the demand for playable Elites, after so many years...
Soulfire72 wrote:
The armours for Season 7 just dropped and they look really sleek and stylish. Just having these armours adapted to the Infinite Engine and available in Infinite would be enough for me in terms of playable Elites - if they could ever be added, on or post launch, the H3 armours as they stand would be a great template.
I still don't know what it will take 343 to listen to the demand for playable Elites, after so many years...
Either that or just all the armors in infinite already( minor, major, warlord, possibly ultra and ranger if they're gonna show up).

Also is it just me? But I find it kinda weird how they placed the elite armors in season 7; with them adding every new elite helmet within the first tier, then arms, chest, legs, and lastly shoulders, instead of the usual spreading out of armor pieces. The only thing that kinda sucks is that we have to wait towards the end to get legs and shoulders, but at least we’re getting cool new armor and that’s all that matters.
So as of the new Inside Infinite, apparently as part of Waypoint’s redesign and update (which looks real nice by the way) they’re moving forums to a forum site (or engine or whatever) called Discourse. I’m not sure how I feel about this. Will our threads carry over? Will this conversation gain the ability to be moved to a more relevant section at last? I’m a little concerned at the implications this might have for us going forward on this thread, especially since the format looks like it’s going to look like Discourse so it may not be as accessible to us as it won’t be what we already know and love here. I don’t know, if anyone could clarify on what happens and how this may pan out, I’d love to hear what you have to say. I for one, really don’t want this thread to get the kiss of death. I’ve been here for literally years now and have grown up with this thread, I want to see its goal out to the very end and beyond in maintaining playable Sangheili if and when they are finally added.
I would think the thread itself would carry over, or at least get a link to this one. They are aware it exists, and know we would be ticked if it just went the way of the Dodo. This thread has been a joy to see when it was first posted in 2012, when it gave me a new hope for Sangheili.
I already completed season 7 and got evocati's edge, plus light of jorri.

That's how ready I was for season 7 and how much more I'd be ready for elites in Halo Infinite.
With games, you need to give content to different players with different interests. That's what playable Elites did, they gave other fans what they wanted. Even though the fans that wanted Elites were very small back then.

The Elite population has grown, especially with all these new armors. I've seen at least two other Elites in every match in Halo 3. The most Elites I've ever seen is seven other Elites in BTB. It was really fun, a nice combination between species. So from my findings, the Elite population has grown tremendously.

So here's the big question, are 343 willing to make this next step? In all other mainline Halo games they've done there have been no playable Elites, so are they ready to stop making excuses why they won't add them? They make the point that Elite's hitboxes aren't fair, but there is no reason whatsoever why they can't fix the hitboxes. Sure, they're on a time limit, but when the game launches they probably have a lot more time on their hands to make DLCs and updates.

Look at MCC, it had a rocky start but now it works very smoothly for having a total of six different games on there, not even counting all the remasters. If they can pull that off there is no doubt that they can fix the hitboxes for Elites.
But when I think to myself, do they really want to put in all that work into making new camps, new npcs, new character models, new animations, and new armors into something, I just don't think they'll bother sometimes.

It's 100% worth the time and effort, but I'm unsure if 343 unlike bungie will put in that time and effort. Since they gave us nothing the previous two. But season 7 does give me hope that it'll happen

Exile06 wrote:
If they can pull that off there is no doubt that they can fix the hitboxes for Elites.
100% true
I think Halo 3 is the best of playable elites, although it did indeed have problems such has the head being lower than a spartan's and the neck you could shoot through. But other than that it was just so fun to play halo 3 and not have the inconvenience of being forced into a spartan's perspective in multiplayer like in reach. The only time I think you should only play a spartan is if it's competitive. Which is a very, very small percent of the playerbase.
But when I think to myself, do they really want to put in all that work into making new camps, new npcs, new character models, new animations, and new armors into something, I just don't think they'll bother sometimes.

It's 100% worth the time and effort, but I'm unsure if 343 unlike bungie will put in that time and effort. Since they gave us nothing the previous two. But season 7 does give me hope that it'll happen

Exile06 wrote:
If they can pull that off there is no doubt that they can fix the hitboxes for Elites.
100% true
I think Halo 3 is the best of playable elites, although it did indeed have problems such has the head being lower than a spartan's and the neck you could shoot through. But other than that it was just so fun to play halo 3 and not have the inconvenience of being forced into a spartan's perspective in multiplayer like in reach. The only time I think you should only play a spartan is if it's competitive. Which is a very, very small percent of the playerbase.
Bungie knew the player base for Elites was small, but they kept making playable Elites as a nice gesture to those who did like to play as them. 343 needs to know it's not always about the majority, sometimes you need to make gestures for the smaller fanbase. Which they did, the Elite armors for Halo 3 are good, but those are only a few of the armor sets that they designed for Halo Online.

I saw a screenshot of all the Halo Online cut Elite armor, and let me tell you, they look awesome. I've searched everywhere but I still haven't found that pic again. :(
Exile06 wrote:

Exile06 wrote:
100% true
Bungie knew the player base for Elites was small, but they kept making playable Elites as a nice gesture to those who did like to play as them. 343 needs to know it's not always about the majority, sometimes you need to make gestures for the smaller fanbase. Which they did, the Elite armors for Halo 3 are good, but those are only a few of the armor sets that they designed for Halo Online.

I saw a screenshot of all the Halo Online cut Elite armor, and let me tell you, they look awesome. I've searched everywhere but I still haven't found that pic again. :(
My favorite halo online elite armor didn't make the cut, very very very annoying, but maybe they'll add then later.
Exile06 wrote:

Exile06 wrote:
100% true

My favorite halo online elite armor didn't make the cut, very very very annoying, but maybe they'll add then later.
Well, what more can they really add? I'm pretty sure all the Halo Online Spartan armors were ported, that leaves Elite armors. They should also add techsuits and backpacks for Elites.
Exile06 wrote:
Exile06 wrote:

Exile06 wrote:
100% true

Well, what more can they really add? I'm pretty sure all the Halo Online Spartan armors were ported, that leaves Elite armors. They should also add techsuits and backpacks for Elites.
Indeed, I love this new update, it's missing a few things, back items, let me wear my legendary shield please, so of the armor sets were left out, maybe they'll come back later? Let's hope, and the medible when using the new helmets are not animated unlike when you use the default minor helmet. I still have to check if the elites' ODST view model was fixed.
Shkikri wrote:
Exile06 wrote:
Exile06 wrote:

Exile06 wrote:
100% true

Indeed, I love this new update, it's missing a few things, back items, let me wear my legendary shield please, so of the armor sets were left out, maybe they'll come back later? Let's hope, and the medible when using the new helmets are not animated unlike when you use the default minor helmet. I still have to check if the elites' ODST view model was fixed.
Im still hoping some love for Elites will be brought to Halo Reach and Halo 2 Anniversary. It would be great if Reaches Elites could get mix match armor and maybe even some cosmetics exclusive to Spartans like the robot arm. and then for Halo 2 A, I would hope we could get some more armors, maybe some Halo 3 armors could get ported over for both the spartan and Elite into Halo 2 Anniversary. I am also still hoping Halo 2 A's forge will get an update like Reach's, 3 and 4's did.
I think there is another reason to the lack of playable elites in infinite, being the story of the main campaign. Elites would have been added in H2 MP due to the Arbiter levels in the story, requiring bungie to make a player version of the elite model, same with Halo 3. But in Reach, elites were still playable but not much.
And so in 4, 343 completely removed them because maybe for them, it seemed that bungie was trying to remove elites from multiplayer slowly

sorry if this seems rushed
because it is

Wort Wort Wort!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 949
  4. 950
  5. 951
  6. 952
  7. 953
  8. ...
  9. 962