1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 960
  4. 961
  5. 962
  6. 963
  7. ...
  8. 964
"It's a Spartan story" is not a very thought through answer. Besides, even if it is a Spartan story why does that automatically mean that Elites can't be apart of it? Halo Reach was a HUGE Spartan story, and yet there were still playable Elites.

Bungie didn't try to make multiplayer canon. That's because it was fine, red guys fought blue guys, no questions asked. Then 343 came along and had to make it all canon with their whole, "You in the Halo universe". Some things are better off unexplained and uncanonized.

I think the biggest thing that 343 needs to learn is the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
"It's a Spartan story" is not a very thought through answer. Besides, even if it is a Spartan story why does that automatically mean that Elites can't be apart of it? Halo Reach was a HUGE Spartan story, and yet there were still playable Elites.

Bungie didn't try to make multiplayer canon. That's because it was fine, red guys fought blue guys, no questions asked. Then 343 came along and had to make it all canon with their whole, "You in the Halo universe". Some things are better off unexplained and uncanonized.

I think the biggest thing that 343 needs to learn is the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Well I’m back from the gulag. Anyway I feel like that was just a quickly thought up answer to try to address the question. We see assassinations capped from launch, and now forge and coop absent from launch too even tho coop was a significant marketing point at the beginning of infinites marketing lifecycle. This game definitely is having its fair share of development setbacks, so once the game launches I hope 343 has it in their hearts to add them.

Well I’m back from the gulag. Anyway I feel like that was just a quickly thought up answer to try to address the question. We see assassinations capped from launch, and now forge and coop absent from launch too even tho coop was a significant marketing point at the beginning of infinites marketing lifecycle. This game definitely is having its fair share of development setbacks, so once the game launches I hope 343 has it in their hearts to add them.
They want to give it to the public as quickly as possible, which is understandable considering the hype buildup for most fans.

I personally am worried about Infinite's launch, if co-op and Forge aren't coming until season 2 and 3, I don't think that people will stay interested for that long. Especially because Halo has always been about playing with your friends. I don't even know how long I'll stay interested, I don't like live service games. I'm fine with updates, but the way the current majority of gaming is turning it into isn't good. It's basically an excuse to not finish the game all the way at launch because they can just add to it later.

Plus, people are constantly having to buy external hard drives because games are constantly getting bigger. You would not believe the amount of games I've uninstalled because I don't want to pay 50 bucks for a darn hard drive. Sure, maybe that's just me being a cheapskate, but still!

They want to give it to the public as quickly as possible, which is understandable considering the hype buildup for most fans.

I personally am worried about Infinite's launch, if co-op and Forge aren't coming until season 2 and 3, I don't think that people will stay interested for that long. Especially because Halo has always been about playing with your friends. I don't even know how long I'll stay interested, I don't like live service games. I'm fine with updates, but the way the current majority of gaming is turning it into isn't good. It's basically an excuse to not finish the game all the way at launch because they can just add to it later.

Plus, people are constantly having to buy external hard drives because games are constantly getting bigger. You would not believe the amount of games I've uninstalled because I don't want to pay 50 bucks for a darn hard drive. Sure, maybe that's just me being a cheapskate, but still!
Yea it’s tragic how lazy game are being developed nowadays. And it doesn’t help when papa corporation (ie microsoft, activision, etc ) that owns the franchise you’re developing is pushing you to set a release date for a game that needs more work to be good.

for me, I’ll probably just grind to unlock the samurai armors and then dip back to mcc.

Yea it’s tragic how lazy game are being developed nowadays. And it doesn’t help when papa corporation (ie microsoft, activision, etc ) that owns the franchise you’re developing is pushing you to set a release date for a game that needs more work to be good.

for me, I’ll probably just grind to unlock the samurai armors and then dip back to mcc.
MCC is slowly getting ruined for me. I don't particularly care for the fractures armor, and if I turn on the toggle I can't wear the new Elite armor. They're not going to make a whole new toggle for the fractures stuff, so either I'm forced to look at ugly armor that doesn't belong in Halo to keep my Elite armor, or I can turn the toggle on to make it look like Halo again but I lose my Elite.

I'm just disappointed that Halo doesn't even look like Halo anymore, at least 343's old armor was Sci Fi. Now it's the Elder Scrolls with guns.

MCC is slowly getting ruined for me. I don't particularly care for the fractures armor, and if I turn on the toggle I can't wear the new Elite armor. They're not going to make a whole new toggle for the fractures stuff, so either I'm forced to look at ugly armor that doesn't belong in Halo to keep my Elite armor, or I can turn the toggle on to make it look like Halo again but I lose my Elite.

I'm just disappointed that Halo doesn't even look like Halo anymore, at least 343's old armor was Sci Fi. Now it's the Elder Scrolls with guns.
How in the hell did you guys bring a thread from 2012 all the way to 2021?

Quote:

To each their own. Personally I prefer seeing skyrim armor over boombox head seeker any day. It won't affect me since I'll still be using season 7 elite armor anyway.

Quote:
zy game are being developed nowadays. And it doesn’t help when papa corporation (ie microsoft, activision, etc ) that owns the franchise you’re developing is pushing you to set a release date for a game that needs more work to be good.

MCC is slowly getting ruined for me. I don't particularly care for the fractures armor, and if I turn on the toggle I can't wear the new Elite armor. They're not going to make a whole new toggle for the fractures stuff, so either I'm forced to look at ugly armor that doesn't belong in Halo to keep my Elite armor, or I can turn the toggle on to make it look like Halo again but I lose my Elite.Yea it’s tragic how la

Bc 343 has yet to give us what we've been asking for: multiplayer elites in a mainline title, so this is one of the dedicated spaces we have to discuss aspects of bringing them back.

Every thread about the matter of playable Elites gets locked and directed here. And here we are nine years later still with no playable Elites. It's pretty sad.

Every thread about the matter of playable Elites gets locked and directed here. And here we are nine years later still with no playable Elites. It's pretty sad.
I mean at least we got some for H2A so that's something but yeah I would've really like to have had playable elites.
I say let Halo evolve and be different- let there be wacky armours that you would never previously have imagined, let there be new features that you would only have imagined present in an RPG. I love the fact that things are evolving, I just want that to extend to Elite playability, and species playability in general. Truth be told there is no good reason for us not to be able to play as every species in the franchise, as it can certainly be done.

The change is not bad. It is the way forward for any self-respecting franchise, but it should not be locked and restricted to one group of players- it should extend to us all, so we can all share in the glorious new options we are being given to the fullest extent. Embrace the future, because holding onto the past spoils the memory.

As I’ve said before- not wanting Halo to change and evolve is like wanting it to be a garden- nice and comfy sure, but ultimately, the same tired plants are growing exactly how you expect them to where you expect them to. I say let Halo be a jungle! Let it be as wild and unpredictable as life in the universe itself could be if they used all the lore instead of remaining confined to a human perspective. Imagine the stories that can be told with these new ancient-inspired armours, imagine the characters that could be born from the lore behind them! Now imagine if we as Elite players had that same opportunity- the possibilities would be vibrant, new, exciting! Just look at Jega- he’s already a fan favourite before we even really know anything about him, imagine if we could go in all sorts of directions we never thought possible like with Jega, but as players in the game with Elite characters?

It would be glorious. Glorious.
I say let Halo evolve and be different- let there be wacky armours that you would never previously have imagined, let there be new features that you would only have imagined present in an RPG. I love the fact that things are evolving, I just want that to extend to Elite playability, and species playability in general. Truth be told there is no good reason for us not to be able to play as every species in the franchise, as it can certainly be done.

The change is not bad. It is the way forward for any self-respecting franchise, but it should not be locked and restricted to one group of players- it should extend to us all, so we can all share in the glorious new options we are being given to the fullest extent. Embrace the future, because holding onto the past spoils the memory.

As I’ve said before- not wanting Halo to change and evolve is like wanting it to be a garden- nice and comfy sure, but ultimately, the same tired plants are growing exactly how you expect them to where you expect them to. I say let Halo be a jungle! Let it be as wild and unpredictable as life in the universe itself could be if they used all the lore instead of remaining confined to a human perspective. Imagine the stories that can be told with these new ancient-inspired armours, imagine the characters that could be born from the lore behind them! Now imagine if we as Elite players had that same opportunity- the possibilities would be vibrant, new, exciting! Just look at Jega- he’s already a fan favourite before we even really know anything about him, imagine if we could go in all sorts of directions we never thought possible like with Jega, but as players in the game with Elite characters?It would be glorious. Glorious.
Honestly there’s so much potential and wasted opportunity with the elites in regards to story. I feel like there’s enough lore to even get to Star Wars levels of world building, but no 343 insists on creating new Spartan characters for each game whom no one is gonna end up caring about or remember. Heck we barely even have any information on what happened in arbiters second front with the brutes when I feel like they kind of built that up post halo 3, and the conflict with the storm covenant was just lazily concluded and thrown into halo 5. So many elite stories left in limbo but all we get are bland random Spartans thrown at us each new game.

I mean at least we got some for H2A so that's something but yeah I would've really like to have had playable elites.
H2A used the Halo 4 Elites, they're not as good as the other kinds of Elites. At least we got them though, I'd rather play as a Halo 4 Elite than no Elite at all.

As I’ve said before- not wanting Halo to change and evolve is like wanting it to be a garden- nice and comfy sure, but ultimately, the same tired plants are growing exactly how you expect them to where you expect them to. I say let Halo be a jungle! Let it be as wild and unpredictable as life in the universe itself could be if they used all the lore instead of remaining confined to a human perspective. Imagine the stories that can be told with these new ancient-inspired armours, imagine the characters that could be born from the lore behind them! Now imagine if we as Elite players had that same opportunity- the possibilities would be vibrant, new, exciting! Just look at Jega- he’s already a fan favourite before we even really know anything about him, imagine if we could go in all sorts of directions we never thought possible like with Jega, but as players in the game with Elite characters?

It would be glorious. Glorious.
No, change isn't bad at all. I just don't like the thought that no one will be wearing the classic Halo armors anymore. Everyone will be wearing that Skyrim stuff. Sure I can turn on the toggle, but it just isn't the same. I always liked looking at the combinations of armor people had come up with, it was really what made the armor of Halo so special. Now we'll never see people using the classic stuff by choice and it just takes away that nostalgic feel of Halo 3 for me.

They could make all the species playable in a Battle Royale mode. You could choose your species and each one would have it's strengths and weaknesses. A Jackal would be quick but extremely weak, and would do more damage with snipers. Something like that would be awesome.

As for the letting Halo be a jungle I agree on some things and disagree on others. I think that Halo should retain it's art style and classic look, but it should evolve on other things such as lore.

Like ELSpooncer07 said, looking at Star Wars and all the books, and TV shows about it, they've built up a massive amount of lore. I've always wanted that for Halo. I want the Halo Universe to be as big as Star Wars. There really is so much potential for backstories about the ancient and current Halo Universe.
Yo, what’s up? Also, this thread is MASSIVE isn’t it…

also, (story time :-)) i think Halo 2 is the beat game in all of games because of the fact that 1) playable sangheili, and 2) the campaign saw both sides of the conflict. I LOVE how amazing it was to play as the Arbiter and see the other side of the story and how it isn’t just a “bad guys vs good guys” kinda thing. It gave depth to the halo lore, it transformed the covenant from just being “bad guys” to being full of depth and color. I love Halo 2 because it introduced several if the coolest characters Halo had seen and had some of the best character development, the Arbiter’s character arc is AWESOME and i love it, no other characters in halo, especially 343 halos, have come close to that level. Halo needs more stories like Halo 2 where you see BOTH sides of the story and you see really cool characters with cool character arcs. I think a great idea for a spin off would take place during the invasion of Harvest, you would play as different members of a Covenant squad, like for ex a kig-yar sniper, an unggoy MG gunner, or a Brute shock trooper, and see the covenants side of the story instead of just the human side. You could also play as Sgt Johnson as that would be really cool and we could see more story plots in a game and not a book.

another idea could be a flood horror like game where a human ODST teamed up with a covie squad to survive the outbreak and became the closest of comrades.

stories like these are needed to be made in spin offs if Halo should rise to its rightfull place as top of FPSs. Another thing that would help them get there is Pmayable sangheili and other species. Practically no other game has had player expression like that, think about it, games like COD or Halo 5 only let you play as Humans, that limits the amount of cool things you could make. But if you could play as Unggoy and sangheili and humans, you would have SO MANY MORE OPTIONS available for you to express yourself as 343 has said they are putting emphasis on.

but

i also think that halo should look like halo, i am not a big fan about medival armor in halo tbh, i think that they should be making armors that look like they would fit… but that is personal preference, as long as it doesn’t become like COD or Fortnite skins where everything is Bright and colorful and SOOOOOO out of place looking….

but

these are my thoughts, i am interested as to what you think of them.

EDIT: I also think a game as Rtas after Halo 3 where you hunt down brutes and prophets would be fun and awesome and have cool lore
and a game where you play through the history of the Covenant through the eyes of the arbiters
and a game about thw war of begginings playing as a sangheili and a San’shyuum
and a game about that one sangheili group who never joined the covenant and fled to a shield world and stayed there for a VERY long time until being discovered during the great schism (the broken circle book, very good book, highly recommend)
OMG, this post has more than 19k of comments?, that is really crazy!!.
It really is… it is crazy how 343 has ignored this massive of a thread
It's insane just how many people want to talk about their precious Elites
Playable Elites are a very important, and iconic piece of Halo. They've been here ever since Halo 2 in 2004, that's almost as classic as it gets.

Since Halo Infinite is so focused on being classic, playable Elites are a must, we've been waiting almost a decade for their return.
its insane how 343 has managed to ignore this part of the fanbase for basically their entire tenure.
its insane how 343 has managed to ignore this part of the fanbase for basically their entire tenure.
They gave Elites new armor in MCC for H3
They gave Elites new armor in MCC for H3
We're talking about making Elites playable again, yes the armor is nice, but we're still failing to see any sign of playable Elites in Halo Infinite.

That's what we really want, for Elites to be playable in a new Halo game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 960
  4. 961
  5. 962
  6. 963
  7. ...
  8. 964