Scorpions are too hard to steer and maneuver

OP HFish12

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I think it's about time we brought this up because it has been bugging me and just about everyone else since launch. Right when I got into the Halo 5's Scorpion for the first time, I noticed just how difficult it was to steer and maneuver around objects. I mean, the Scorpion in previous Halos were so much easier to turn and steer with than Halo 5. For some reason it's now difficult to turn the tank the direction you want to without unintentionally going the wrong way. It's extremely annoying and causes my Scoprion to get boarded by enemy Spartans.

Does anyone else find this to be a problem?
Not in the slightest, then again scorpions are one of my specialities.
I just think of it to balance out the speed boost it gets. Extra gunner. High damage.fast...
They really should use the triggers to control forward/reverse movement and the control stick only to rotate.

It has treads, it should be able to pivot. Try that in game and it just jerks around.
They really should use the triggers to control forward/reverse movement and the control stick only to rotate.

It has treads, it should be able to pivot. Try that in game and it just jerks around.
Actually you can pivot, its a good way to splatter people bcse it whips.
I just think of it to balance out the speed boost it gets. Extra gunner. High damage.fast...
...And way too easy to board. Keep in mind that Scorpions are highly vulnerable, so it honestly wouldn't hurt to have proper movement controls instead of going back and forth like an idiot.
There should be an option for alternative tank controls where pushing your stick forward makes you move forward, regardless of which direction your looking at. There should also be a secondary cannon under control of the driver, maybe something like the Falcon's chain gun from Reach, so that missing a shot is much less costly. Lastly, buff the speed so that you're not guaranteed to get hijacked every single time you drive a tank. If they buff it in all these ways, then the Scorpion will actually be worth 6 points, right now its only worth 3 at most to me.
I have to agree. The tank should be a powerful weapon instead of an easy target.
Even Spartans need time to comprehend how there are six pedals, but only four directions. They're too bamboozled to move quickly.
I know what you mean op. I consider myself pretty decent with the Scorpion but every once in awhile I'll have some weird controller juke out where I can't get my scorpion to move correctly, lol. I miss the old tanks.
The scorpion goes way too slow for me in warzone due to the large maps, also yes I also think it is rather difficult to steer, especially in combat when people are all around you.
I thought I was the only one, and/or maybe I was just doing something wrong.
Haven't you ever heard the saying "This thing drives like a tank"? :)
Lol will it never end?
Halo 5 is the very first Halo game I owned, so I had almost no experience with Halo (only from when I used to play Reach at my friend's house) and I had a little trouble with the scorpion when I used it for the first time (unsurprisingly) but by the second or third time I was controlling the thing with ease, so I have to respectfully disagree. But obviously that's just my opinion and my "skill" so to speak. Some people are good at certain things while other people are not.
Rhydon65 wrote:
There should be an option for alternative tank controls where pushing your stick forward makes you move forward, regardless of which direction your looking at. There should also be a secondary cannon under control of the driver, maybe something like the Falcon's chain gun from Reach, so that missing a shot is much less costly. Lastly, buff the speed so that you're not guaranteed to get hijacked every single time you drive a tank. If they buff it in all these ways, then the Scorpion will actually be worth 6 points, right now its only worth 3 at most to me.
1) Turning gets pretty troublesome to balance when you break that connection. I'd much rather make turning easier while maintaining "strafe" difficulty (as it stands now) rather than vice versa.

2) Decoupling the chain gun from the driver's control is good for balancing and rewards coordinate teams willing to man the gunner. Can't have two chainguns on the tank.

3) The speed is good where it's at. It can outrun a Spartan, meaning if you're aware enough you won't ever be boarded. This is also where it's handy to have a gunner in place.

The Scorpion is well worth the 6, in the right hands (and in the right circumstances).
Scorpion tank very powerful. Poor maneuvering great fire power lots of Armor. Also good for infantry to take cover behind. Great for taking bases and assaulting positions. Tanks take most of enemy fire. Infantry protect tank. Kill boarders. Take out enemy Spartans with power weapons.
I think tanks in this game right now are just perfect.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4