Scorpions are too hard to steer and maneuver

OP HFish12

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Six pedals for four directions? It's a tank, it a big slow bulky thing that is designed to obliterate the enemy team.
Scorpions are like a cow on the highway. Its going to die quickly. Have yet to see anyone use a tank correctly or long enough to do more than one kill. Always a plasma pistol or some sneaky player to destroy it. (Me)
Lol no, they are easy to maneuver.

Battlefield tanks on the other hand.. still easy but way more coplex
BurnBacon wrote:
Scorpions are like a cow on the highway. Its going to die quickly. Have yet to see anyone use a tank correctly or long enough to do more than one kill. Always a plasma pistol or some sneaky player to destroy it. (Me)
1) Like I said.....2) Do you know how much damage a cow on a highway could cause?
No but that may just be a adjustment you made need to make with your controller.
Rhydon65 wrote:
There should be an option for alternative tank controls where pushing your stick forward makes you move forward, regardless of which direction your looking at. There should also be a secondary cannon under control of the driver, maybe something like the Falcon's chain gun from Reach, so that missing a shot is much less costly. Lastly, buff the speed so that you're not guaranteed to get hijacked every single time you drive a tank. If they buff it in all these ways, then the Scorpion will actually be worth 6 points, right now its only worth 3 at most to me.
The scorpion used to have a driver mg. I miss it
I've had many instances where I would be trying to move forward, but it would only go backwards even after many attempts trying different directions with the control sticks. This usually happened when the tank was in a confined space and the turret and body were at different angles. The controls could definitely use some work.
Reminds me of the austin powers movie where hes trying to turn the car around in the very tight tunnel.
Spinkick wrote:
Reminds me of the austin powers movie where hes trying to turn the car around in the very tight tunnel.
We've all had that moment in the Scorpion.
Rhydon65 wrote:
There should be an option for alternative tank controls where pushing your stick forward makes you move forward, regardless of which direction your looking at. There should also be a secondary cannon under control of the driver, maybe something like the Falcon's chain gun from Reach, so that missing a shot is much less costly. Lastly, buff the speed so that you're not guaranteed to get hijacked every single time you drive a tank. If they buff it in all these ways, then the Scorpion will actually be worth 6 points, right now its only worth 3 at most to me.
Thats cool but way to overpowered, sounds like you personally just shouldnt use a tank bcse its already pretty ridiculous.
I persinally think its just fine, especially since the armor upgrades.
Halo 5 is the very first Halo game I owned, so I had almost no experience with Halo (only from when I used to play Reach at my friend's house) and I had a little trouble with the scorpion when I used it for the first time (unsurprisingly) but by the second or third time I was controlling the thing with ease, so I have to respectfully disagree. But obviously that's just my opinion and my "skill" so to speak. Some people are good at certain things while other people are not.
Precisely.
Conn5000 wrote:
The scorpion goes way too slow for me in warzone due to the large maps, also yes I also think it is rather difficult to steer, especially in combat when people are all around you.
You shouldn't be putting yourself directly in the midst of combat with a scorpion anyways.

Nothing needs to change about balance on ALMOST ANY of the weapons or vehicles. The game is very balanced.
Agreed!^
Seconded.
HFish12 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
The Scorpion is well worth the 6, in the right hands (and in the right circumstances).
No, not really. The radar's range, tank's slow movement speed (as in how fast the cannon can turn), and Warzone's claustrophobic environments make the tank too difficult to use effectively. Even if there's enough room to move around, a Spartan Laser only costs 4 points so anyone who has one can just pick one up and destroy your tank from a mile away. With all of these drawbacks, I just don't think a Scorpion is worth 6 points. I would do more damage with a sniper rifle, a whiplash, a blaze of glory, or even 3 speed boosts with an SMG if I'm going after the enemy core. These all cost the same amount of energy as a tank or less and are much more effective, which is a shame because the tank used to be a powerful weapon in Halo. Now, driving a tank in Halo means spawning with a ball and chain attacked to your ankle.
I couldn't agree more because when you're in a game mode with 24 players, your tank is bound to get boarded within a matter of seconds. Warzone features a ton of hidden pathways and shortcuts, so it's not like someone can't reach your tank halfway across the map. And like you said, you could just spawn a Spartan Laser for four REQ points as opposed to six to take down FOUR Scoprions. Seriously, a single weapon could do more damage than a tank which is honestly really unfortunate. Another thing is that by the time you spawn your tank and reach an area occupied by enemies, you might've missed boss takedowns and base captures. It's a complete waste of time and only puts your team at a disadvantage.
I completely disagree, this game is give and take, with large skill gaps. Quite frankly you guys are just not good with tanks. Has nothing to do with anything youre talking about, stick to what you know. Sell your tank or drop it off to a teammate who does know how to use it. Then stop saying its weak and needs fixing. I got my lvl5 tank commendation in one game, 1 GAME, somehow with default tanks. Sad as hell my library glitched and I dont have that clip, but thats over 30 kills in a span of 2 lives.
You just got to know what youre doing. Its meant to sick back behind the frontline and support fire or take out heavies. Not be in the middle of the battlefield, youre honestly just doing it wrong.
Try it in Halo CE
Controls are difficult for me as well. I wish there was a way to customize controls to mirror battlefield 4 vehicle controls.
Rhydon65 wrote:
The scorpion used to have a driver mg. I miss it
You should be punished when you miss with the tank considering it kills most things in one shot. A driver controlled chaingun would be WAY too OP. IMO the tank is well balanced.
HFish12 wrote:
...And way too easy to board. Keep in mind that Scorpions are highly vulnerable, so it honestly wouldn't hurt to have proper movement controls instead of going back and forth like an idiot.
Too easy to board because tanks are not meant to be driven into "the kill zone". You are suppose to use it from a distance but most people try to park them right outside enemy bases, what do you expect to happen.
HFish12 wrote:
...And way too easy to board. Keep in mind that Scorpions are highly vulnerable, so it honestly wouldn't hurt to have proper movement controls instead of going back and forth like an idiot.
Too easy to board because tanks are not meant to be driven into "the kill zone". You are suppose to use it from a distance but most people try to park them right outside enemy bases, what do you expect to happen.
In case you haven't heard, Halo 5 has absolute garbage spawns. Once in a match of Warzone in Raid on Apex 7, I called in a Scorpion from my Core. After going about 20 meters from my base, an enemy Spartan spawns literally RIGHT NEXT to my tank and immediately boards it. Seriously, I'm not kidding--it's that pathetic.

Don't believe me? What if I mentioned the fact that Warzone holds about a dozen shortcuts that lead to every end and corner of the map. So basically even if you are in the middle of nowhere, someone could catch up to you in a matter of seconds. Combine the short distance of the radar and the extremely low sensitivity of the tank reticle and you have a toasted tank. I can't believe how stupid and ridiculous this is.

Quite frankly, if you don't agree with me then you haven't played enough of Halo 5. Play it long enough and you will come across this issue plenty of times. It's so absurd listening to these people on the Internet who don't have a clue what they are talking about.
HFish12 wrote:
I think it's about time we brought this up because it has been bugging me and just about everyone else since launch. Right when I got into the Halo 5's Scorpion for the first time, I noticed just how difficult it was to steer and maneuver around objects. I mean, the Scorpion in previous Halos were so much easier to turn and steer with than Halo 5. For some reason it's now difficult to turn the tank the direction you want to without unintentionally going the wrong way. It's extremely annoying and causes my Scoprion to get boarded by enemy Spartans.

Does anyone else find this to be a problem?
It felt the same as in previous Halo games to me; I never noticed a difference. Maybe that's just me. My recommendation for you is to practice using it in forge or customs. Even in the campaign.
Spinkick wrote:
We've all had that moment in the Scorpion.
I literally posted a video on the first page with a scorpion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4