Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Separate Quick Play

OP Rock Solid069

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
ive got a question 343. Can we possibly make some game types where lower ranks aren’t sitting ducks for onyx, diamond, champs to come in and clean house?
Since there is an ovious difference in the following g groups, How about maybe a quick play for diamond, onyx and champs; a separate one for gold, platinum; and a separate one for silver bronze. I believe this would help to make more of a fun time for the lower rank players.

I love to play but it feels as though Halo5 always benefits better players. And lately with less players it seems even more obvious.
Sounds like you should play ranked. That is where you play against players closer to your rank. Soical playlist have loser rank restrictions for matchmaking.
LethalQ wrote:
Sounds like you should play ranked. That is where you play against players closer to your rank. Soical playlist have loser rank restrictions for matchmaking.
I'll second this. When I Halo 2 BR Slayer I am getting matched with people WELL below my in game level and skill level. Team Slayer usually has more even skill on the teams.
What that proposed system would end up doing is splitting the quickplay player base in such a way that 2 of the lists would be too under-populating for healthy matchmaking. The gold-platinum quickplay list would probably do okay, but the diamond+ playlist and the bronze-silver playlist would probably suffer. Most players are average; when you start getting into the really good or really bad skill levels, there are less people at those skills.
LethalQ wrote:
Exactly my point- so now I can’t enjoy all the offerings because I’m not as good as others, which is my point. Why don’t the better players play ranked games? Then gold / platinum players would have fair gameplay which is all I’m asking for.
Chimera30 wrote:
What that proposed system would end up doing is splitting the quickplay player base in such a way that 2 of the lists would be too under-populating for healthy matchmaking. The gold-platinum quickplay list would probably do okay, but the diamond+ playlist and the bronze-silver playlist would probably suffer. Most players are average; when you start getting into the really good or really bad skill levels, there are less people at those skills.
I get that, but without some kind of ranking or separation, it’s just an unfair game type.
ive got a question 343. Can we possibly make some game types where lower ranks aren’t sitting ducks for onyx, diamond, champs to come in and clean house?
Since there is an ovious difference in the following g groups, How about maybe a quick play for diamond, onyx and champs; a separate one for gold, platinum; and a separate one for silver bronze. I believe this would help to make more of a fun time for the lower rank players.

I love to play but it feels as though Halo5 always benefits better players. And lately with less players it seems even more obvious.
Select for the find references extese
Hope for the rank matchmacking :)
They wouldn't need to make separate playlists to accomplish that. They could tighten up the skill matching so it operates more similar to ranked, but the downside is you might not find a match if no one is in your skill range and they don't allow the restrictions to expand.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
They wouldn't need to make separate playlists to accomplish that. They could tighten up the skill matching so it operates more similar to ranked, but the downside is you might not find a match if no one is in your skill range and they don't allow the restrictions to expand.
Yep, I like it! Then it could be used as intended... for starter players that aren’t good at the game yet, enabling them to become more experienced with it prior to trying ranked slayer.
Your best chance for getting your suggestion looked at by the person who's in charge of the playlists is to post it in this thread.
LethalQ wrote:
Exactly my point- so now I can’t enjoy all the offerings because I’m not as good as others, which is my point. Why don’t the better players play ranked games? Then gold / platinum players would have fair gameplay which is all I’m asking for.
Well there is a common misconception that "soical" means easier to play. All soical means is un-ranked or no rank involved. Winning and losing doesn't matter. Fair game play is what ranked is supposed to before. Unfortunately they can't have a playlist to suit every individuals tastes or there would be hundreds of playlist. Players have to adjust to the playlist. Besides the quick play is essentially ranked slayer except quick play has a Fireteam limit.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Well there is a common misconception that "soical" means easier to play. All soical means is un-ranked or no rank involved. Winning and losing doesn't matter. Fair game play is what ranked is supposed to before. Unfortunately they can't have a playlist to suit every individuals tastes or there would be hundreds of playlist. Players have to adjust to the playlist. Besides the quick play is essentially ranked slayer except quick play has a Fireteam limit.
Good input but nope! I’m not asking you for individual tastes or hundreds of playlists...
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Good input but nope! I’m not asking you for individual tastes or hundreds of playlists...
You are essentially asking for a ranked quick play though. You want to play quick play against players that are at about your skill level... If you want those types of games you should probably play ranked slayer where matchmaking is based more on skill level.
I’m asking for fair game play in quick play or any other non ranked game type. I would prefer them separated. Frankly, I don’t really care if the better players are able to get games or not as they can play against their own skill level which they don’t want to do obviously... they would rather beat up on lower ranked players in non ranked game play which is rediculous and further makes my point that this game caters to higher skilled players. And for what? If Chimera30 above is correct, most of players are mid tier ranks anyway.
Frankly, I don’t really care if the better players are able to get games or not as they can play against their own skill level which they don’t want to do obviously...
I mean, do you?

Otherwise you would play ranked and you would play against people your own skill level, and high ranking people wouldn't be around to stomp you.

Ranked doesn't mean "where the best players play."

Also, you're a high Gold-low Platinum. That is just below average, if not average entirely.
I’m asking for fair game play in quick play or any other non ranked game type. I would prefer them separated. Frankly, I don’t really care if the better players are able to get games or not as they can play against their own skill level which they don’t want to do obviously... they would rather beat up on lower ranked players in non ranked game play which is rediculous and further makes my point that this game caters to higher skilled players. And for what? If Chimera30 above is correct, most of players are mid tier ranks anyway.
Well you can ask for a soical playlist with a CSR cap of a certain skill rank but odds are it won't happen as they have never made anything like that in Halo. Like I said if you want games with players of your skill set play ranked. Just because it's ranked doesn't mean it's always a sweatfest.... And just because a playlist is soical doesn't mean it's going to be "easy" play.
I agree...
LethalQ wrote:
ranked is no different. As a plat 2 player in FFA, I have matched champs.and plenty of Onyx players..
I regularly match Onyx in other game types.
LethalQ wrote:
ranked is no different. As a plat 2 player in FFA, I have matched champs.and plenty of Onyx players..
I regularly match Onyx in other game types.
FFA is a different animal as it has one of the lowest population counts. But yes in any ranked playlist you might match higher ranks from time to time depending on population. As the population goes down the game has to make matches with players available. In FFA I have matched players from across the whole rank structure.
The "problem" (note the small p) is that the playlist was designed for new players to learn the game, but other players (with more xp / better) use it too (to "beat up" new players or as an easy warm up for other playlists). The only way to stop that happening is to put a time limit on the game, i.e. if you have been playing the game for 2 months (insert any length of time here) or longer the game does not allow you to join.
This would ensure the playlist was only for those it was designed for (but I'm sure people will point out prolems/faults with this idea).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2