Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Separate Quick Play

OP Rock Solid069

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The "problem" (note the small p) is that the playlist was designed for new players to learn the game, but other players (with more xp / better) use it too (to "beat up" new players or as an easy warm up for other playlists). The only way to stop that happening is to put a time limit on the game, i.e. if you have been playing the game for 2 months (insert any length of time here) or longer the game does not allow you to join.
This would ensure the playlist was only for those it was designed for (but I'm sure people will point out prolems/faults with this idea).
While a good idea easily exploitable by a seasoned player just starting a new account once their time limit is up. There is really no way to prevent good players from playing against the not so good players. It's online gaming and it will never be a perfect science. You can't tell who is on the the other end of the controller. Gamers just have to take the good matches with the bad.
LethalQ wrote:
The "problem" (note the small p) is that the playlist was designed for new players to learn the game, but other players (with more xp / better) use it too (to "beat up" new players or as an easy warm up for other playlists). The only way to stop that happening is to put a time limit on the game, i.e. if you have been playing the game for 2 months (insert any length of time here) or longer the game does not allow you to join.
This would ensure the playlist was only for those it was designed for (but I'm sure people will point out prolems/faults with this idea).
While a good idea easily exploitable by a seasoned player just starting a new account once their time limit is up. There is really no way to prevent good players from playing against the not so good players. It's online gaming and it will never be a perfect science. You can't tell who is on the the other end of the controller. Gamers just have to take the good matches with the bad.
Well my post lasted 3 hrs before LQ spoted the massive flaw with it lmao
I like that idea! Even though I wouldn’t be able to play it I think it would make for a better experience for the newer players just learning the maps and movement. We all know that this is a different animal than all previous versions.
LethalQ wrote:
I disagree with that statement. That sounds like a cop out to me. Things can be changed and tried if 343 is willing to make it fair to all(and I do believe they are based on seeing previous updates made have been intentionally for fairness). I can say that that’s the dumbest thing Xbox ever did-allowing alternate accounts to be made. While I understand why it was done and accepting the benefits of it, there should be limits.
LethalQ wrote:
I disagree with that statement. That sounds like a cop out to me. Things can be changed and tried if 343 is willing to make it fair to all(and I do believe they are based on seeing previous updates made have been intentionally for fairness). I can say that that’s the dumbest thing Xbox ever did-allowing alternate accounts to be made. While I understand why it was done and accepting the benefits of it, there should be limits.
They have done things to try and prevent "smurfing" and keeping good players away from the not so good. I think the true skill 2 ranking worked to some degree. But also realize as population decreases skill based match making gets harder and harder. Then it comes down to individual preference if they are willing to play mis-matched matches or be booted from the playlist with a message of "not enough players of your skill level to play". When I rank FFA I can tell when there is a champion level player in the game stomping most of us. But I don't mind because you will never get better if you don't play better players.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
They have done things to try and prevent "smurfing" and keeping good players away from the not so good. I think the true skill 2 ranking worked to some degree. But also realize as population decreases skill based match making gets harder and harder. Then it comes down to individual preference if they are willing to play mis-matched matches or be booted from the playlist with a message of "not enough players of your skill level to play". When I rank FFA I can tell when there is a champion level player in the game stomping most of us. But I don't mind because you will never get better if you don't play better players.
I agree with most of what you said until the end. “ you will never get better is you don’t play better players”. That’s true to a point- coordination, age, ability and who all knows what else all play into how good you can be at anything. If that were the case, we would all have the potential to be HCS pros which simply cannot happen.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I agree with most of what you said until the end. “ you will never get better is you don’t play better players”. That’s true to a point- coordination, age, ability and who all knows what else all play into how good you can be at anything. If that were the case, we would all have the potential to be HCS pros which simply cannot happen.
That is just why I don't mind being matched with players who are higher ranked than me... That doesn't apply to every one.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
That is just why I don't mind being matched with players who are higher ranked than me... That doesn't apply to every one.
Ok I Gottya
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2