Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Series X/S Optimization

OP Ken Static

A little curious, I'm not sure if this was answered before but does anyone know why Halo 5 isn't getting optimized for the Xbox Series X/S? It's the latest main entry and it just feels weird they didn't give it any updates for the new consoles.
H5 not an active project for 343i. MCC is an active project which is why it is receiving continued support. I think it’s a very rare situation where an older title is active while a newer one is nearing legacy status.
tuhin94 wrote:
H5 not an active project for 343i. MCC is an active project which is why it is receiving continued support. I think it’s a very rare situation where an older title is active while a newer one is nearing legacy status.
Thankyou for the information. That's so weird though, you would think considering the Halo Infinite delay that they would touch up their latest main installament as compensation. But I guess this goes to show how much focus they have for that upcoming title, kind of exciting if you think about it.
Ken Static wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Thankyou for the information. That's so weird though, you would think considering the Halo Infinite delay that they would touch up their latest main installament as compensation. But I guess this goes to show how much focus they have for that upcoming title, kind of exciting if you think about it.
Yeah, can’t disagree. I just hope the game lives up to all the hype surrounding it.