Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Server issue? Maybe?

OP MarkassAurelius

So for the past couple days I've been getting randomly kicked from Arena matches with a message that says "Your Fireteam has Changed, returning to the main menu." It's affected my CSR as 4/10 matches I was kicked from. I can't play Arena, I can play Warzone but as soon as the game ends I get kicked and banned. I can't play Forge, I can't play Campaign, everything I do I get kicked within seconds. I'm afraid to even attempt to play Arena anymore because I don't want to keep getting banned.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
Check you NAT: type in settings/network, middle of the page. If its not OPEN you'll get these kind of problems. If its moderate or strict that's probably the reason.
BadDogg55 wrote:
Check you NAT: type in settings/network, middle of the page. If its not OPEN you'll get these kind of problems. If its moderate or strict that's probably the reason.
No, the reason is that Halo 5s servers are unreliable. The average home user shouldn't have to reconfigure their internet just for this game.

Sure, an open NAT is always preferable for gaming, but a strict one won't be causing disconnects.
BadDogg55 wrote:
No, the reason is that Halo 5s servers are unreliable. The average home user shouldn't have to reconfigure their internet just for this game.

Sure, an open NAT is always preferable for gaming, but a strict one won't be causing disconnects.
Sure it will, it did it to me... I'd play half way through a game and get kicked continuously. Dropped packets, freeze frame, etc. I checked my NAT and it was strict. I changed some setting in my router and cable modem and have never had the problem again..Like I said its probably the reason unless severs are having problems which isn't continuous.
Where do you life? thats also a point. As a german player i had not in particular these problems, but similar problems with disconction.
If you live in a country other than US, Call Microsoft if the problem persists. They have good tech support. As you know 343 doesn't have support. It could be so many things causing it to happen. The easiest to fix, is the NAT type. There's probably many videos on U-tube about how to fix it... Just trying to help...
Just reset secondary ip into xbox network advanced settings. The Xbox will restarted and everything will be fine. I use this to fixing issue like yours.
I'm in California. I have Open NAT but I have had high packet loss in the past. Xbox customer support helped me a lot with that. I even contacted my ISP and factory reset my router and that fixed that so I know that's not the issue. I read that a hard reset on your Xbox (hold power button for 10 seconds) and reboot the game and that has been working for me. I've been messing around in forge and haven't been disconnected yet but still weary about Arena. 343 come on dude I shouldn't have to hard reset my Xbox to play the game.
BadDogg55 wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:

Sure it will, it did it to me... I'd play half way through a game and get kicked continuously. Dropped packets, freeze frame, etc. I checked my NAT and it was strict. I changed some setting in my router and cable modem and have never had the problem again..Like I said its probably the reason unless severs are having problems which isn't continuous.
No offence, but I don't think that you're qualified to say what the reason is. Do you even understand what NAT does? It's probably not best to dish out advice and argue points unless you understand the subject well.

I agree that an open NAT is preferable, but there are tons of reasons that it could be displaying strict. And packet loss is an entirely different subject... if you do have packet loss then it'll cause all sorts of problems as the dropped packets have to be resent which causes delays.

There's literally hundreds of things that it could be, such as WiFi interference, firewall settings, ISP problems, server problems, etc etc. It's not like our Xboxes have a direct like to each other, they go through dozens of pieces of equipment.
BadDogg55 wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:

No offence, but I don't think that you're qualified to say what the reason is. Do you even understand what NAT does? It's probably not best to dish out advice and argue points unless you understand the subject well.

I agree that an open NAT is preferable, but there are tons of reasons that it could be displaying strict. And packet loss is an entirely different subject... if you do have packet loss then it'll cause all sorts of problems as the dropped packets have to be resent which causes delays.

There's literally hundreds of things that it could be, such as WiFi interference, firewall settings, ISP problems, server problems, etc etc. It's not like our Xboxes have a direct like to each other, they go through dozens of pieces of equipment.
I've been in IT for 25+ years, now retired... How about you? I was pointing him in the right direction if it was not 343. Everyone blames 343 for every hiccup that happens when much of the time it's a problem with the end users equipment. I'm not going give a 10 page essay on IT, like I said in my second post, call MS and let them track down the problem ....
BadDogg55 wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:

I've been in IT for 25+ years, now retired... How about you? I was pointing him in the right direction if it was not 343. Everyone blames 343 for every hiccup that happens when much of the time it's a problem with the end users equipment. I'm not going give a 10 page essay on IT, like I said in my second post, call MS and let them track down the problem ....
So in other words you can't answer my question. As such, your tacit concession on the matter is accepted.

And no, it's not usually the end users fault, consoles are supposed to be easy to set up. You shouldn't require networking knowledge to get it to work. I have an open NAT, a wired connection, DMZ to the Xbox etc, yet I still get these errors. The fault it with 343, and to be honest people like you don't help the problem. We need to stand together instead of blaming each other, your post does nothing to help the situation. Please try to be helpful in future.

Saying that NAT is "probably the reason" is like saying that an engine management light is probably the reason a car isn't running right! There could be dozens of causes.

The only advice I'd give the OP is that Halo 5 seems to be particularly sensitive to WiFi connections. Switch to wired and you may drop less games. Again though, it's the games fault not the users as all other games work fine on WiFi.