2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 31
Why is it that everyone has to complain when they start losing? The multiplayer is way more competitive that a lot of games on the market. I personally feel that the mechanics behind it are very close to spot on, yea they are not perfect but hey, it just got released.
I don't think it's that bad I just think they could fix the spawns especially on colosseum
XeroSum wrote:
It's SHOTTY snipers. And tons of people snipe... Not sure what crazy games you've been playing in.
I agree, I spent half the game sniping and getting sniped and got killed by a shotgun ONCE. I was doing well with only the sniper, I killed five people charging with shotguns, not to mention my airborne snapshot from across Truth.
Why not Fallout 4?
your face is terrible yet you dont hear 343 complaining about that
So after a few games and reading majority of the posts in this thread, I've deduced this much.

1. This playlist is garbage with these maps.

What I don't get is how you can possibly enjoy a Shotty Snipes playlist given how terribly small the maps are. There's no point in having the sniper. Just rename it "Shottys" and turn it into a casual, social playlist with the description "All Ye Who Enter Here, No Skill Is Required." That would solve this whole uproar in seconds. Also, while you're at it, throw in an actual Team Snipers playlist. I don't want an option of using a sniper just to know it's pointless and that I'm practically forced to use a shotgun regardless.

2. Why rank for no skill?

Every single game I play, the team that opts to use the weapon that requires any skill to use, the sniper, loses the game because the other team just runs and guns shottys the whole match. That or it's an all out shotty fest. There is no skill involved in walking up to another player, laying your over-sized reticle over him, pulling the trigger, and watching overkill pop up. Don't rank this playlist ever again. It's absolutely embarrassing.

3. Finally, give us larger maps.

Every single map is like a CQB nightmare. I'm forced to literally scan every corner of my screen while watching my radar in my periph. Give the game some breathing room from the close quarter crap and make these maps a little more spacious. The close quarters thing got old after 5 games in a row on Swat with stupid Swatnuns (which is also broken). If you really want better reviews on this dumb playlist, make it a social game, take out the snipers and take out its ranking. Problem solved.
You must be In some weird lobbies I have seen people use shotguns but they dont use it often
I don't mind it
KairosWolf wrote:
You must be In some weird lobbies I have seen people use shotguns but they dont use it often
That's a good one. I bet if 343 released a statistic showing how many have been killed via shotgun rather than sniper the number would trump the sniper without any doubts. I actually dare them to release one.
It works decently enough it's just some maps work and others are pretty much completely terrible *cough* Regret *cough*.
After playing shotty snipes for a while here are my thoughts:
  • I'm not sure why it's ranked, the weekend events should pretty clearly be targeted towards the more casual crowd.
  • A lot of the maps have very poor sight lines and many are also are way too small to let the sniper be effective, which is why the snipe isn't a power weapon on them in the first place. The shotgun is super effective on these maps, so if you want to win use it.
I get that the game is still young, and yes that means problems will be everywhere, but they asked us for feedback so I'm giving them what for.
Suisun wrote:
I even voted for it but that whole playlist is team sprint around with a shotgun

Thanks for ruining a snipers gametype again 343i.
Agreed all the maps are to small to use a sniper + You better add BTB maps and custom maps to match making, You guys based your playlists on your competitive not casual side, all around the HCS. Where is Infection, Grifball, oddball ,KOH, etc the fun game types... why we loved halo for a mix of both
I am one of those people who run around the map shotgunning my way to victory :P
Suisun wrote:
I even voted for it but that whole playlist is team sprint around with a shotgun

Thanks for ruining a snipers gametype again 343i.

Edit:

Constructive response from Avengers Creed

Spoiler:
Show

Amen Brother
What's the concept of this game type?
All the playlists are terrible and the ranking system is bs it doesen't even work. Why can't we just play the games we want on the maps we want ?
I voted on for it and I got it.

However, I do feel the maps are too small.

In addition, I started playing it like within the 10 minutes it came out and used mainly snipers all of the rounds I played, later though once I think people got used it it kind of just turned into shotguns because the maps were so small. I proved a point to my buddy that if I used shotgun all game I will always come first, and that is basically exactly what happened.
Terrible gametype choice
Once you get used to needing a shot gun out around corners it's fun. Kill streaks feel amazing. I love this playlist
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 31