Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Should Halo 5 Be Free To Play?

OP SaviorNight

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It has microtransactions, so why not make it free to play?
It going f2p could increase the player count by a small percent, of which may buy some req packs thus making a bit of money for 343 and MS.
They should pay us a minimum wage to play it.
Why?
Withyn3302 wrote:
Why?
So we can purchase gold packs.
Withyn3302 wrote:
Why?
Well, no. You get a job, use MS rewards points, or both (or don't bother at all with the REQ packs)
It's on game pass while not free to play it's pretty close to it
Why should it be free to play? They do need more modes however.
Delete.
Withyn3302 wrote:
Why?
They should've fired the person who suggesting bringing loot crap to Halo, the made their game a slot machine and a chore to play.
No
Game pass is a subscription though, meaning that if it runs out I won't be able to play it.
Purchasing of packs with money is completely unnecessary in this game. You receive tons of free packs at the start through ranking up and commendations. Before too long you have more reqs than you know what to do with.
I wonder if that would hurt or help Infinite sales when it releases. I'm sure there are studies on that kind of thing out there.
No. Then the crap would be even worse
No. Gamepass almost ruined ranked single handedly, because of all the new players that flooded every gamemode. Warzone is even worse now. It slowly died down over the last few months since they all got destroyed and left but we don't need any more bs than we already have.
That's like asking for Siege to be free to play, and we know how players are in that game.
Sev808 wrote:
Withyn3302 wrote:
Why?
They should've fired the person who suggesting bringing loot crap to Halo, the made their game a slot machine and a chore to play.
problem is, it was most likely Microsoft's idea, and 343 can't fire the company they're owned by
Game pass is a subscription though, meaning that if it runs out I won't be able to play it.
So is xbox live, so even if it's free to play it's not really free to play
my local games store has pre used for $2-$5
I'm wondering what if any advantage would be for free to play at this stage is,? especially in light of really cheap copies and game pass model already available to us.
No, we already have too many players in Arena playlists who just seem completely lost and inept. I want my last year on this game to not be more painful because of another influx of new players who will join, get dunked on in three seconds, leave, then repeat until they quit playing the game entirely.
Sev808 wrote:
Withyn3302 wrote:
Why?
problem is, it was most likely Microsoft's idea, and 343 can't fire the company they're owned by
Idea came from a human, find that human and kick em in the -Yoink-.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2