Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Should Halo 5 come to PC as well?

OP SectionUnity

As its own separate game, not part of the MCC... too much bytes for that. Would you go back to the game if its on PC?

For one reason, Halo 5 sure has enough content to play. It might not be close to the same playstyle as the other games, but its own playstyle is fun as heck by itself. This is mostly due to its vast potential in Forge.

But for me, I just want to play the campaign with my 3 other buddies. They went to PC and I had to run solo the game. Not for the story, but the missions themselves were pretty amazing. I overall just love to complete all the Halo campaigns as cooperative as possible.

.......or does everyone not care and want Halo 5 to stay on Xbox One long and forgotten?

Considering that every other Halo is probably going to be on PC and Infinite will be on the next Xbox, Halo 5 Guardians will be forgotten in the past and the effort the devs took into the game will be unfair and forgotten.
H5 Forge mode was a proof-of-concept and it looks like that went well. There is probably a PC port of Halo 5 ready to go but there is some politics blocking it and with all hands focused on Infinite and the other part of the team porting MCC over, I don't see a PC port coming out pre-H:I.
I like it on just xbox, unless they make the game playable cross platform then I'd want it xbox only.
Since halo infinite is coming to PC I'm pretty sure halo 5 will come eventually
No, please don't put Halo 5 to PC.
ofc 343 must put h5 on pc before infinite, otherwise it would be a disaster.
L30N 1337 wrote:
I don't think so. I doubt many people will even be thinking of H5 on PC the closer Infinite comes to releasing.
Halo 5 is done having major updates, its just maybe bug fixes now. Halo 5 will in the dust (Xbox one) and probably wont follow in Xbox Series X until maybe a backwards comparability.

Considering that all Halo 5's predecessors are getting their upgrades to PC, it would leave Halo 5 a forgotten, irrelevant game in the past. And as much as people dislike it, it wont be fair to the game considering how much effort the devs put into the game.
There is no reason for Halo 5 to not come to PC. Disliking the game is not a reason. I rather think it has more reason to bring to PC than Halo 1 and 2 the very most in terms of variety in content.
I think 343 should bring it to pc but not till after Halo Infinite launches and The MCC is successfully brought to pc first.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
L30N 1337 wrote:
I don't think so. I doubt many people will even be thinking of H5 on PC the closer Infinite comes to releasing.
bro finally halo on pc and a lot of guyz start to play this franchise for the first time, infinite is coming but without all the events happened in h5 guardians, how the hell people should understand the story line? Plz don't answer with the 'soft-reboot' word.
I know 343 has said numerous times there are no plans to bring it, but I'd like to hold out hope that maybe someday it could happen in the distant future, like a year or two after Infinite launches.

I loved Warzone, I know Warzone is controversial and not at all perfect, but I loved it and once Infinite drops and H5's population plummets, I'll miss it. Eventually putting H5 on PC might revitalize the population and I could keep playing it.
halo reach and H4 multiplayer is more different than the series than halo 5, and they are on PC
I would totally be down with Halo 5 coming to PC. I wouldn't mind it being on MCC or as a standalone game either. I don't think it'd make a difference to me either way. If it does come to PC though I hope they take the same approach they took with MCC and bring it to both Steam and the Windows Store. And as others have mentioned, it is important for PC only players to play Halo 5 after MCC since Halo Infinite is coming to PC and there'll be a gap in the story without Halo 5 on PC.
I think its a little too late for that
I'd pay for that. Having a selectable FOV with Keyboard and Mouse is a god send.
As much as I dislike Halo 5, I think the collection would be incomplete without it. It would feel kind of weird to have every single halo game on PC except for one, especially a main installment in the series.

Kind of like how Fable 1 and 3 were available on PC (3 isn't anymore) but 2 never was.
As much as I dislike Halo 5, I think the collection would be incomplete without it. It would feel kind of weird to have every single halo game on PC except for one, especially a main installment in the series.

Kind of like how Fable 1 and 3 were available on PC (3 isn't anymore) but 2 never was.
After playing Halo 5 recently, despite the micro-transactions, there was so much content in the game. So many unique variety of REQs can't be forgotten, the forge creations in the servers were still running with games.

It be hurt that it would just be abandoned after all that work.
Well like any game, if halo 5 came to pc and was compatible with console, it would introduce a lot of hacking into the game. Uless they make some sort of miracle anti cheat there will be a huge influx of hacking and unbalanced games.
I can see Halo 5 being added to PC, wouldnt it be the only halo game not on PC when Halo Infinite comes out and after the MCC has finished being rolled out?

Not for a while though, 343 is probably too busy working on Infinite and PC MCC to worry about a Halo 5 PC port.