Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Should sprint really be included in HCS halo 5?

OP TryHardFan

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. ...
  7. 15
Sylvemily wrote:
Can people understand Spartans walking around is limited?

I mean, Spartans are described as supersoldiers, able to sprint hours on end.
Are you saying sprint is good or bad?

I'm assuming you think it's good. But by your argument of Spartans are "able to sprint hours on end", then why can they only sprint for a few seconds in multiplayer?
Sprint is unlimited in halo 5 btw
Is it?

I played the beta. I guess I always stopped sprinting around the time I figured it should run out.

This is bad. REAL BAD.
Sylvemily wrote:
Can people understand Spartans walking around is limited?

I mean, Spartans are described as supersoldiers, able to sprint hours on end.
Are you saying sprint is good or bad?

I'm assuming you think it's good. But by your argument of Spartans are "able to sprint hours on end", then why can they only sprint for a few seconds in multiplayer?
Sprint is unlimited in halo 5 btw
Is it?

I played the beta. I guess I always stopped sprinting around the time I figured it should run out.

This is bad. REAL BAD.
Can't be that bad if you were playing the game and didn't even notice it was unlimited. Seems like an odd choice at first, but considering the whole shield penalty thing, if you keep running forever... Then you'll just never get any shields back. Ever. Limiting how long you can sprint was much more important in Halo 4, as it was intended to help balance the ability. But with other penalties in place now, unlimited sprint really doesn't mean a whole lot tbh.
I think the thruster pack really gives the game a new Feature, so as Long as this is featured in HCS the series stays fair and interesting ;)
I can understand the challenges sprint can bring to multiplayer, but it should be a regular part of campain. Not an armor ability, either. Just a normal button press. No, stamina meter or limited duration. Your playing as technologically and bilogically augmented super soldiers in super suits.
Sprint being used defensively isn't really a problem now because of how sprint is tied to your shields.

If you watch videos of incompetent journalists playing Arena, they get wrecked because they constantly sprint around and never let their shields recharge.
Add to that that if you get shot before reaching the max speed you get kicked out of sprint.
Amazing ! 😍
C0RRuPTT wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
"We want classic gameplay, we want classic gameplay, we want classic gameplay!"

Classic gameplay!
I only want sprint gone for the sake of the game. The pro/ competitive scene was at its highest with H2 and H3, when there was no sprint, and Bungie didn't even have to put up money for a prize pool. Halo was so popular back then it found its way to ESPN.
You and your halo 2 and 3 games. -.-

Edit: DEAL WITH IT or don't buy it.
^
replies like these make me think the Halo forums is doomed.
Anti-343 replies like OP make the halo forums into toxic COD forums.
How am I anti-343? Is it because I don't like the one controversial mechanic that everyone else has mixed feelings on? Keep in mind that this is my only complaint for halo 5, not to mention that 343 deserves hate for halo 4 and mcc. The fact that you support 343's every move reminds me of the people who buy CoD every year, even with its low quality gameplay.
Exactly. Stay positive man, don't let these haters bring you down.
Actually last I checked, only 14% of the people hate sprint, most people don't care or really like the new mechanic and fits quiet well with Halo being a Spartan and all.
I assume you're basing that off of that survey they did a while back. Now, of course that doesn't encompass all of the people who care about the issue. But I suppose it still shows something. I think what Halo 5 has done with sprint has contributed at least partially to the lowering number of avid anti-sprinters. That, and between certain people not caring any more, or even having already left due to Halo no longer being their type of game, the tides of the argument definitely have shifted a bit from what they once were.
Yep pretty much. On the internet and in real life, the only people who complain and speak up are normally the ones who are complaining about something. So usually that is what everyone hears and sees. But just because it is a big topic does not by any means, mean that it is the majority, in fact it is still the minority by far. And will stay that way, especially with the way they have balanced it as well as made Halo 5 feel like Halo again.
No. But it will stay. They want it to be the same experience so it easier to get casual players to care.
One of the only reasons I see to have Sprint included is the fact that almost every other FPS has Sprint...
No, I don't think it belongs in Halo and personally I don't like it, but I doubt it'll be removed.
Yes it belongs in HCS... Sprint is now part of halo don't like it play MCC that is what it is for.
I'm so used to sprinting now. It makes the games go faster. Plus gives a different feel than H1,2,&3.
considering that sprint is one of the elements in almost all modern shooters, sprint being a part of halo could be seen as a method of pulling people off of COD or Battlefield or other such shooters and can thus be concluded that it is for the purpose of making money off of new players and not older veterans of halo.
I personally like the sprint. It helps get you back into the action quicker, especially on the larger maps. Lets not forget about Warzone though. Im sorry, but NOT having sprint on a map that size???

The game would take MUCH longer than 30 minutes, and it would leave a bad taste in my mouth for the game type if I spent 5 minutes trying to get over to the point I want to help capture, only fin get bashed in the back of the head and have to start over. That was one of the things that frustrated me on Halo 2 and 3 was how long it took to get over to the action.

Plus, the penalties and abilities they have around sprint would be for naught if it was removed.
I personally like the sprint. It helps get you back into the action quicker, especially on the larger maps. Lets not forget about Warzone though. Im sorry, but NOT having sprint on a map that size???

The game would take MUCH longer than 30 minutes, and it would leave a bad taste in my mouth for the game type if I spent 5 minutes trying to get over to the point I want to help capture, only fin get bashed in the back of the head and have to start over. That was one of the things that frustrated me on Halo 2 and 3 was how long it took to get over to the action.

Plus, the penalties and abilities they have around sprint would be for naught if it was removed.
I disagree. Part of the appeal of classic Halo for me was that it took a while to get back into the action. Those lulls in excitement made the action feel more "actiony". When I'm nearing the enemy base, I know I have to play carefully because getting killed means a long run back to the action. It made for much more tense interactions. "Modern" Halo throws that whole sense of tension out the window by letting everyone zip around the map.
I personally like the sprint. It helps get you back into the action quicker, especially on the larger maps. Lets not forget about Warzone though. Im sorry, but NOT having sprint on a map that size???

The game would take MUCH longer than 30 minutes, and it would leave a bad taste in my mouth for the game type if I spent 5 minutes trying to get over to the point I want to help capture, only fin get bashed in the back of the head and have to start over. That was one of the things that frustrated me on Halo 2 and 3 was how long it took to get over to the action.

Plus, the penalties and abilities they have around sprint would be for naught if it was removed.
I sort of agree with you although warzone is not the game mode in question here the question is should it be included in HCS.
Sprint is a part of halo now, like it or not, I think sprint should stay even through all playlists so everyone is on equal par. Not to mention, maps are designed on spartan abilities.
RBaziFX wrote:
I'm hoping MLG takes full control and says "Nah, pitch it."
Hopefully they pitch out AR starts first.
Na i hope not. BR Starts where one of the very few flaws of the classic Halo-Titles, but which had to be in because some of the balancing issues. Halo 5 seems to have a good balance so AR/Pistol-Starts will make it more competitive/skillbased...

#Sprint:
I don't see the Big Deal either. After seeing so many Gameplay-Videos also from pro's, The sprinting Feature affect only outside the Combat, and that works perfectly fine, Within the Combat it play's mostly classic...
The BR is going to be the starting weapons for competitive.
lmao
Ever went on the beyond forums?
Na it won't because it would dumb down the Competitive Gameplay, also yeah i were on beyond and there is an extra thread from people of Beyond who said we should give AR/Pistol Starts give a chance.. BR Starts in Halo is like if Counter Strike Starts with M4A1/AK. In "real" Competitive Games a skilled player have to handle Situations and Map control. With BR Starts the Weapon will handle for you the most Combat-Situations, so besides Aiming-Skill(which isn't hard to get if you only play with that weapons because of BR Starts) no Skill in Situationbased things or hugely map-control is required, because people who have an BR will most likely not downgrade it to an Pistol/AR, because BR is still the stronghest Utility Weapon. It would stupid like someone throw away an M4 or Ak for an Bizon or lower away an cs. So AR/Pistol starts make the Game more dynamicly and skillbased. The Problem with older Halo's back then were, the issues with Balancing. Back than BR Starts made sense. In Halo 5 however it isn't anymore. AR/Pistols are strong enough to compete with other weapons, also BR, even though it still make sense to get Weapons like BR because they are still a bit stronger...

So yeah - BR Starts are only good for Nostalgic, if it comes up to Skill, the new Starterweapons are much better...

Also - you talk -Yoink- about CS. If you use Knife etc, your movements are much faster than with a weapon. So there is some kinda Sprint also in CS, the difference between other Shooters and CS is, that you have to hold down a button for sprint, and in CS you switch the Weapon to get faster. I also play Counterstrike since my childhoold, much longer before i played halo, and BR Starts were one of the Reasons why for me CS still were the better game back then. Now with Halo 5, the better balancing, the new starterweapons, breakout etc - for me Halo will be even to CS
Cryogeni wrote:
Man people really do find just about anything to complain about these days.
People don't know how to be original these days
#Sprint: I don't think it actually will make much effect in the Halo Experiences. It will neither slow down, or fasten up the Gameplay. If you experienced with the Maps, you will use Sprint only in passage where its logically...mostly to get from a to b and somewhere, where you never expect an enemy. In Combat Situations sprint would be very stupid because you are defenseless and will most certainly die. So i think Sprint and non sprint will actually in higher Skillrankings up to 20/80 or something like that. That also make sprint not useless either, but i think it also will not ruin the Halo Experience...
People should calm down und actually wait how it plays...if there are still concerns...i'm sure we can do something if we make enough noise...
Erik L wrote:
Cryogeni wrote:
Man people really do find just about anything to complain about these days.
You seem to imply that Sprint isn't the massively huge departure from classic gameplay that it is.
This isn't a small thing, bro.
It's also one of the biggest and most popular complaints ever to grace the forums.

OP, sadly it's in Arena, which is the biggest disappointment for me since announced.
This game would've been twice the game it is if Sprint wasn't in Arena.
I am sure it has been said before but... a super soldier that can't sprint? according to FOR they can sprint at 55kph, I for one am glad its here and the other abilities , it makes the spartans feel more like super soldiers. Also competitively its balanced you can run to and from combat and can't shoot while do so.

Also the halo classic argument means nothing, should we be downgrading graphics while we are at it? it has to evolve its in the game live with it!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. ...
  7. 15