Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Should there be a surrender button/vote?

OP Keroxius

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
I've been playing Warzone most of the time aside Arena and I've been wondering if there should be a surrender option. Lets say that you're in a Warzone match and the enemy team is ahead by a ton of points, you know your team is gonna lose. What do you do? Wait around as the enemy team demolishes your game? It's 700 to 100 and there's nothing to do. Heck, they could be farming too which is kinda BS. Or you're in an Arena game ( ranking ) and half of your team is gone and you might know you could lose ( or cluch ). Do you want to keep playing and give them a free win? Or surrender since its the only way that will make it fair. In my opinion, yes, we should have one. Here are some reasons why.

PROS

• (Warzone) - To stop FARMERS. If by any chance that there is a team of farmers when you're obviously losing, call a vote for a surrender! You won't have to suffer the horrendous game.
  • (Arena) - Have a Win Prevented or Unequal Match. If you lost some teammates and you're losing, call that surrender. It'll end the match and in the game info, it'll say win prevented or unequal match. The enemy team will receive the win but you and your teammates will not get that game recorded as a lost since you voted on an unfair match. Say you have played 5 ranked matches in one playlist and you surrender your 6th, it will not count. You get to play another game that will be fair!
  • (Warzone) - End a game quicker. Back to my explanation, if you're losing by a lot and that just wasn't your game, vote for that surrender. The game will end normally, only that your team still lost.
However, the game should succeed to a time limit of 10-20 minutes to prevent spam/trolls who want to vote for fun.

CONS

• Both teams will not receive the additional/increase amount of REQ points IF the game ends early ( Excluding REQ power ups ).
  • Both teams will not receive additional/increase amounts of XP IF one team surrenders and ends the game early ( Excluding XP power ups ).
  • Same things above apply to Arena rank matches IF it is an unfair game within 5 minutes of the 10 minute game.
In a ranked Arena game, the surrender vote will only be available if a team has lost at least 2 players ( pretty sure you can work with 3 if things are okay ).

These were my thoughts about having an option to vote for a surrender. Leave your opinions in the comments and fix what YOU think it right and if we should have one or not. Every thinking has no right or wrong.
I never quit games. Surrender? ... Never! If you know your going to lose, just enjoy the game instead of needing to win.
No. Multiplayer is cannon. Spartans never surrender.
Or we could rid Achilles.
It's 18 minutes long. I think you'll be ok.
I don't quit or surrender, I play pretty much exclusively solo. No surrender option. I do wish 343 accelerated point accumulation once 3 bases are captured to reduce farming.
Yeah no-way you can still destroy the enemy core :P
Of most post like this, this one is actually thought out. Perhaps a surrender button for drawn out WZ matches after (say) 13 min with several people having already quit? Arena's too short for that though, plus the majority of them are ranked, so it's a bit better chance of a balanced match. What we do need for sure though is a heavier penalty for quitting breakout matches early. Like 2-3rd offense you automatically loose two ranks, and it will move across metal ranks (so a farming diamond 1 could become Platnium 4 after too many quits)
I like the idea for WZ, but only WZ. It should also be a vote, not a button (too easy for farmers and spawn-killers to control the Core Room, thus blocking your ability to surrender).

But it should be a majority-wins vote based on the number of players remaining, and should pop up on your screen after 2-3 minutes of being triple-capped (normal WZ). If your team votes to stay in it, then you stay in it (only one chance to surrender is given). Otherwise, the match ends as if the losing team's core has been destroyed.

Sadly, I'm not sure how this would work for WZA. :(
I don't think that this would be a good idea. It would be like feeding the trolls
HiIAmMoot wrote:
Or we could rid Achilles.
Ehh how about not getting rid of the only earned armor set left (R.I.P Helioskrill)
Should have made this a poll.

Yes surrender button for reduce negative penalty to rank if one or more have already quit.
Surrenders should count as a loss, because it can be abused. The people who surrender should get no xp or reqs, and the people who win should get normal amounts of reqs/xp, because surrendering could be used for trolling and denying req gain
I never quit games. Surrender? ... Never! If you know your going to lose, just enjoy the game instead of needing to win.
Exactly! If it's hopeless I just mess around with other weapons I'm not too fond of for practice/commendations to pass the time, especially in Warzone.
I don't quit or surrender, I play pretty much exclusively solo. No surrender option. I do wish 343 accelerated point accumulation once 3 bases are captured to reduce farming.
This x100!
Allow the team with a huge lead to gain points quicker, or holding 3 bases starts to "bleed" the enemy's points (well add them), like in battlefield conquest,

and the losing team should accumulate req power much faster (to maybe allow a fightback)
I agree with most of your points..
Im pretty sure I saw this idea mentioned a few days back, there should be a surrender option but only in WZ, not arena or WZA
-WZA isn't really a practical use to farm so a surrender option wouldn't really help but make it worse tbh
-Arena isn't that long so it shouldn't really be a problem
-lastly, the team that surrenders, should lose since it would be a method of lost prevention causing further problems.
You surrender, you lose...

This would reduce farming down drastically and also reduce quitting
I think operational turrets Would be a Nice addition to be added after the enemy captures all bases. Allows you to defend your base with some heavy artillery. Throw a couple small auto ones inside and an anti vehicle it front. The enemy can get commendations for destroying turrets and you get kill commendations with the turrets?
I think operational turrets Would be a Nice addition to be added after the enemy captures all bases. Allows you to defend your base with some heavy artillery. Throw a couple small auto ones inside and an anti vehicle it front. The enemy can get commendations for destroying turrets and you get kill commendations with the turrets?
This is a nice idea. I would like this as well.
never quit never surrender
yes but still some problems with it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13