Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Should there be a surrender button/vote?

OP Keroxius

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. ...
  6. 13
Surrendering is for the weak. Even against a full team of 12 you should fight back. But naturally the children want an easy way out.
Surrendering is for the weak. Even against a full team of 12 you should fight back. But naturally the children want an easy way out.
Jesus this is a video game, there is nothing weak about surrendering in a video game. Yes, there should be a surrender option if you are going to be endlessly farmed
I wouldn't mind a surrender option for arena. It could be balanced by only being able to quit when you have team members drop out. When you do quit, your K/D isn't affected nor your rank. Also, quits should have a cooldown of an hour.
Only if there is a penalty for surrendering too much
NO....when you surrender you sacrifice dignity,culture,freedom, and some cases family. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT and take a few of them with you along the way. Make them remember your name.
I got farmed last night playing against a bunch of party up losers with a mix of other squads. I managed to get a base for about a minute or two and then we ended up being stuck in our home base for a good 18 minutes. We were down 5 people and half their team was in our base spawn camping while also bringing in a multitude of wraiths and scorpions in our base throughout the game.

Did we fight back? Yes, but it was pretty pointless considering you're stuck at level one and two REQ's for almost the entire game while they're bringing in high level single hit kill weapons. If I had the option, I would rather surrender instead of wasting twenty minutes so the other team can pad their stats inflating their egos. It's not being childish; it's called using your brain and knowing when to bow out of a fight.
Jesus this is a video game, there is nothing weak about surrendering in a video game. Yes, there should be a surrender option if you are going to be endlessly farmed
Choosing the easy way out I see. There should not be a surrender option. If it is that bad, quit and take chances. Or stay and fight. Halo 3 did it perfectly. "Yes, I'm a quitter. Penalize me." I guess I expect too much out of people. Not everyone has the "finish the fight" mentality.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I got farmed last night playing against a bunch of party up losers with a mix of other squads. I managed to get a base for about a minute or two and then we ended up being stuck in our home base for a good 18 minutes. We were down 5 people and half their team was in our base spawn camping while also bringing in a multitude of wraiths and scorpions in our base throughout the game.

Did we fight back? Yes, but it was pretty pointless considering you're stuck at level one and two REQ's for almost the entire game while they're bringing in high level single hit kill weapons. If I had the option, I would rather surrender instead of wasting twenty minutes so the other team can pad their stats inflating their egos. It's not being childish; it's called using your brain and knowing when to bow out of a fight.
But after the harvest it was over. People whine, they complain, and they want easy solutions they don't want to have to put any effort into a solution: Finding a team. Join a Spartan company, party up with them, and the instances of you getting farmed will go down. It's not that hard. Make friends. If it is that hard however, you can always quit. Again, at your own risk of banhammer.

In your defense, I will say the bases are poorly designed and so are the spawns.
But after the harvest it was over. People whine, they complain, and they want easy solutions they don't want to have to put any effort into a solution: Finding a team. Join a Spartan company, party up with them, and the instances of you getting farmed will go down. It's not that hard. Make friends. If it is that hard however, you can always quit. Again, at your own risk of banhammer.
No effort? People have been making farming threads offering different solutions for months, but 343's response is there's no problem. For your suggestions, joining a company and making friends doesn't solve the farming issue. If it happens less, then that's good, but it's still going to happen. (1) People can't always play with friends so they have to play solo. (2) 343 messed up the spartan companies so you can't even see who's online unless you add them as a friend. (3) You can still play with friends and get farmed.

For the banhammer, why should we get punished for 343's crappy matching system? Full parties of above average players should be playing other parties or solo players that are above average. Instead, those full parties are playing solo teams where the majority of people have an overall low or negative K/D. If they want us to quit instead, then get rid of the banhammer or adjust it so it doesn't ban people after a certain amount of people leave and a certain point difference is achieved.
Then a lot of people would be surrendering to my team, playing would almost be pointless. Lmao
Well they can have team against team, it's harder to farm like that.
SWEEP THE LEG!!!!!!
Choosing the easy way out I see. There should not be a surrender option. If it is that bad, quit and take chances. Or stay and fight. Halo 3 did it perfectly. "Yes, I'm a quitter. Penalize me." I guess I expect too much out of people. Not everyone has the "finish the fight" mentality.
LUKEPOWA wrote:

In your defense, I will say the bases are poorly designed and so are the spawns.
That is ridiculous. Most people actually have lives beyond this game - why should they have to party up and find a team or a company in order to not get farmed, and enjoy the game as it is supposed to be? Ludicrous. It's one thing to get demolished by players taking advantage of a shoddy system in which full teams go up against teams of randomers, and quite another to get punished for wanting to quit out by the Banhammer. It defies what the game is for if people are not enjoying and are getting abused at both ends by the players who take themselves too seriously and a banning system that people have little to no chance of appeal against.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
No effort? People have been making farming threads offering different solutions for months, but 343's response is there's no problem. For your suggestions, joining a company and making friends doesn't solve the farming issue. If it happens less, then that's good, but it's still going to happen. (1) People can't always play with friends so they have to play solo. (2) 343 messed up the spartan companies so you can't even see who's online unless you add them as a friend. (3) You can still play with friends and get farmed.

For the banhammer, why should we get punished for 343's crappy matching system? Full parties of above average players should be playing other parties or solo players that are above average. Instead, those full parties are playing solo teams where the majority of people have an overall low or negative K/D. If they want us to quit instead, then get rid of the banhammer or adjust it so it doesn't ban people after a certain amount of people leave and a certain point difference is achieved.
And 99 percent of those threads are of kids complaining, whining, and crying. The solutions they offer are: Ban, stat reset, or Achilles being taken from those who have it or thrown into the REQ pool. Very rare is it that they actually they offer anything of substance. Again they want the solution handed to them. The only effort they put is starting witch-hunts.

Yes, playing with friends will not completely eliminate you getting "farmed" completely. You can only reduce the instances unless you have a really, really, good team. But at this point if you play against a better team and get beaten, so what? Then here come the excuses, not "I lost and got spawn killed. I'll move on with my life instead of making 20 threads about how 'farmers' need punished." If you suck at the game and you go against better players and get farmed, well, tough. Too bad so sad. It's like wanting to win and winning is a sin these days that will land you in "avoid me" rep. If you get demolished you get demolished and other people do not play nor should they play the way you want them to. They play how they wish and there is nothing "crops" can do to change that fact.

Crops are players who whine and complain endlessly. So I gave them a fitting nickname.
That is ridiculous. Most people actually have lives beyond this game - why should they have to party up and find a team or a company in order to not get farmed, and enjoy the game as it is supposed to be? Ludicrous. It's one thing to get demolished by players taking advantage of a shoddy system in which full teams go up against teams of randomers, and quite another to get punished for wanting to quit out by the Banhammer. It defies what the game is for if people are not enjoying and are getting abused at both ends by the players who take themselves too seriously and a banning system that people have little to no chance of appeal against.
Because it's better to play Halo with friends. If you solo queue you have signed up to be farmed in the event a team rolls in. These is no "way the game is supposed to be played." There is no "taking advantage of a shoddy system." The spawn killing has been going on since early Halo. This is nothing new. The Banhammer is your deterrent from quitting. Which is good, you either get to see the fight to it's end like a champ or have it swung upon you.

What we are in agreement is that teams should be pitted against teams. Which would be a whole lot more entertaining than murdering kids who cannot fight back.
Yes, there should be. If it is obvious that a team is about to lose badly, then that team should have the ability to decide to surrender. Just my thoughts :3
why do we have to give up...??? the spartans never walk alone, remember "This Is Spartaaaaaa"
Surrender? that's cute
I would like that but the cons are too big for it to be an option, if the match is lost then you can go and make tea and come back when it says "Match lost"
Please don't revive old topics thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. ...
  6. 13