Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Should there be a surrender button/vote?

OP Keroxius

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 13
Wouldn't need a surrender option if each player had honour in their matches. No farming, No t-baging, No camping outside obejectives i.e warzone and No spawn camping. You give the enemy a chance and yourself a challenge.
no i think that u shouldnt surrender because playing agains people who r better than u make u better
This is true but only to a point. You don't see Grandmasters going up against rookie pupils or rookie boxers going up against heavy weight champions of the world right off the bat.... They wouldn't make you better, they would just give you such a beating that you would learn nothing. They are too advanced for you still, but if you work away at it,one day you can challenge them.
HiIAmMoot wrote:
Or we could rid Achilles.
Or you could get a group of 12 in Warzone and prevent farming
Just thinking and there should be a surrender button in the campaign so if you cant be bothered to wait for a revive you can just press surrender.
It would be used to often, people would give up if the enemy team would be up by 1 kill
Just thinking and there should be a surrender button in the campaign so if you cant be bothered to wait for a revive you can just press surrender.
Yeah it seems like there was a missed opportunity here, like a give up button or something.
A surrender button would not be a good addition. Why? Well because it would defeat the purpose of a Spartan. They are supposed to fight till the end, not wimp out and wave a white flag over their heads!
How about a scorched earth approach? Say your on a team that gets triple capped and your core is vulnerable, have some kind of core overload that destroys the whole map. Not sure about the mechanics of how to do this, but say it takes 3 on the defending team to activate it and it starts a 1 min countdown clock. The other team has to stop it before kabloowie. If you pull off a self destruct the match ends as a draw. That way you are not quitting, but you can still deny the enemy a total victory. Just a thought.
Nooga wrote:
No. Multiplayer is cannon. Spartans never surrender.
Ahh, the typical 343bot response...
Its not that big of deal like mentioned already just have fun. Its not that long of a game. You could only get better buy playing people better then you so keep playing
How about a scorched earth approach? Say your on a team that gets triple capped and your core is vulnerable, have some kind of core overload that destroys the whole map. Not sure about the mechanics of how to do this, but say it takes 3 on the defending team to activate it and it starts a 1 min countdown clock. The other team has to stop it before kabloowie. If you pull off a self destruct the match ends as a draw. That way you are not quitting, but you can still deny the enemy a total victory. Just a thought.
That's an interesting idea. Especially the countdown timer that the enemy team needs to shut off. Maybe to disable it the enemy team needs to go to each base and hit something? Just to get them away from the core to allow your team to take another base.
Never give up. Never surrender.
I feel like this is the type of thing players would abuse. Basically a rage quit on a large scale
I feel like this is the type of thing players would abuse. Basically a rage quit on a large scale
Pshhhh I'm guessing French?
I don't know maybe
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think that there are too many problems with having a surrender option. Anyone could just do it if they are bored or are trolling. If you want to end the game early just quit and face the consequences. I would find it unfair for my game to be ended early if Im having a really good game and doing well.
I thought of something similar, but I think it would need to automated to prevent abuse, if two people leave in arena when you die there would be an option to end simulation or respawn, alternatively if the score is lop sided it would step in with the option, rather than let a players be farmed repeatedly by a full team. Same in Warzone
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 13