Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Should we every see a return of the Brute Shot?

OP TheAngel0Death

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The Brute Shot has been my signature weapon and favourite weapon in Halo. In teams I always played the heavy so it fitted my Shtick easily.
No weapon (Other than a machine gun turret) was as enjoyable as the Brute Shot. We need to see the return...

But hey. That's just my short summary of it, what do you guys think?
For others sure it can come back for me, no never liked the weapon when I tried it out in Halo 2 & 3.
The Brute Shot would fit right in, it would be a perfect weapon for Halo 5. Only issue is the Brute Shots connection with the Brutes, who aren't a part of 343's lore.
The Brute Shot would fit right in, it would be a perfect weapon for Halo 5. Only issue is the Brute Shots connection with the Brutes, who aren't a part of 343's lore.
You could almost say that if we didn't have the brute plasma rifle in H5 and the brutes are clearly making a strong return in Halo Wars 2.
LethalQ wrote:
The Brute Shot would fit right in, it would be a perfect weapon for Halo 5. Only issue is the Brute Shots connection with the Brutes, who aren't a part of 343's lore.
You could almost say that if we didn't have the brute plasma rifle in H5 and the brutes are clearly making a strong return in Halo Wars 2.
I kinda forgot about the Brute part of the PR, and I haven't played HW2. Then there is a chance! I am 100% in favor of the Brute Shot returning.
What about the concussion rifle, weren't they pretty much the same thing?
Detached gungoose turret + energy bayonet = bruteshot?

(Make it happen)
We probably won't see it in Halo 5 due to design reasons, Greenskull explains why in one of his videos somewhere, I can't remember which one.

Basically it's because of the character animation.

It's like how they remade the Sentinel Beam to fit the Halo 5 character animations.

If anything we'd probably see the concussion rifle. Which would be flipping awesome.
Cyro XVX wrote:
We probably won't see it in Halo 5 due to design reasons, Greenskull explains why in one of his videos somewhere, I can't remember which one.

Basically it's because of the character animation.

It's like how they remade the Sentinel Beam to fit the Halo 5 character animations.

If anything we'd probably see the concussion rifle. Which would be flipping awesome.
Definitely wasn't something I said.

I don't believe animation to be much of an issue at all. Sounds like an armchair expert opinion. There isn't really any real reason we won't see it again.
I'd love it to return along with the chopper and prowler.
I'd welcome the return of the brute shot, I also share the same sentiment as Enderman above me - the return of the chopper and prowler would be quite a nifty little addition to the extensive roster of vehicles we currently have in Halo 5.
JohnDang55 wrote:
What about the concussion rifle, weren't they pretty much the same thing?
Nope, the concussion rifle was a prototype of the Brute Shot, in H4 the Elites used it cause y'know, anti-brute and all that. But there are 2 major diffrences:

1) Brute Shot grenades bounce, Concussion blasts do not.

2) The blade gives the Brute Shot a much more powerful melee attack while the Concussion Rifle is just a blunt object with no buffs.
Brute Shot should return to commemorate Halo Wars 2. It also can represent H2A. It was the first uniquely Brute-designed weapon, and a personal favorite.
LethalQ wrote:
The Brute Shot would fit right in, it would be a perfect weapon for Halo 5. Only issue is the Brute Shots connection with the Brutes, who aren't a part of 343's lore.
You could almost say that if we didn't have the brute plasma rifle in H5 and the brutes are clearly making a strong return in Halo Wars 2.
And the Grave Hammer and their appearance in the comics.
JohnDang55 wrote:
What about the concussion rifle, weren't they pretty much the same thing?
Yeah the concussion riflexible was one of those guns that Bungie threw in there for no reason kind of like the focus rifle
Greenskull wrote:
Cyro XVX wrote:
We probably won't see it in Halo 5 due to design reasons, Greenskull explains why in one of his videos somewhere, I can't remember which one.

Basically it's because of the character animation.

It's like how they remade the Sentinel Beam to fit the Halo 5 character animations.

If anything we'd probably see the concussion rifle. Which would be flipping awesome.
Definitely wasn't something I said.

I don't believe animation to be much of an issue at all. Sounds like an armchair expert opinion. There isn't really any real reason we won't see it again.
To be fair, I was at work when I posted this and didn't have your video available to me lol

So it's not the animation.

But your "guess" in the video makes a lot of sense as to why. lazy link @ 2:44

I can see why they redid the Sentinel Beam to that model because of how Spartans holding their weapons.
Should it: I think so
Will it: I think not
Cyro XVX wrote:
Greenskull wrote:
Cyro XVX wrote:
We probably won't see it in Halo 5 due to design reasons, Greenskull explains why in one of his videos somewhere, I can't remember which one.

Basically it's because of the character animation.

It's like how they remade the Sentinel Beam to fit the Halo 5 character animations.

If anything we'd probably see the concussion rifle. Which would be flipping awesome.
Definitely wasn't something I said.

I don't believe animation to be much of an issue at all. Sounds like an armchair expert opinion. There isn't really any real reason we won't see it again.
To be fair, I was at work when I posted this and didn't have your video available to me lol

So it's not the animation.

But your "guess" in the video makes a lot of sense as to why. lazy link @ 2:44

I can see why they redid the Sentinel Beam to that model because of how Spartans holding their weapons.
hah fair enough! Yeah it was more of a discussion as to why it wouldn't likely be a quick and easy Halo 5 free update REQ weapon
it woulb be awesome if we got a brute style update, brute shot, chopper and such, just a bunch of brute styled stuff
Yes, possibly with different attachments and ammo. Imagine having a flame shot.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2