Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Shoulder Armour?

OP Zacjryan

Im so bloody annoyed with the shoulder armour in Halo 5, it's not even on the shoulder.
so, what does that effect?
Zacjryan wrote:
Im so bloody annoyed with the shoulder armour in Halo 5, it's not even on the shoulder.
I'm confused on what you are trying to say.

Edit:
Okay I've been thinking about it I understand what you mean but what changes does it have to gameplay?
The shoulder armor is placed lower on the arm, its more like a bicep armor.
The aesthetics of the shoulder armor doesn't bother me, usually if the shoulder piece looks ugly so does the rest of the armor set.
Another reason 343's designs are terrible.
I'm more annoyed by the fact that whenever I'm placed on Red Team, my armor is accented in pink.
Another reason 343's designs are terrible.
Actually there genius, the shoulder pads being smaller and lower will prevent the shoulder pad from restricting movement.

I prefer the old way, but this has the practicality to it.

I really miss the space diper though, its really going to look weird when they add black undersuits and there's no space diper...
Zacjryan wrote:
I was literally looking at that the other day. I think there are like 5 shoulder armors that are actually on the shoulder but most of them have them much lower. its honestly weird but makes sense. If the shoulder pieces were positioned and as big as the one in Reach then the Shoulder armor will clash with the face. 343 made the shoulder armor smaller to give the Spartan more flexibility
Go into a custom game with machinima setting activated, your Spartans regular animations while holding weapons makes the "bicep armour" move up and slot with the chest piece, if this wasn't the case, you'd have either clipping issues, or animations that look a little odd.
Wish we had shoulder customization....
so, what does that effect?
Im not saying it effects anything, it doesn't but i don't reckon it looks nice, depending on the armour that is.
Zacjryan wrote:

Edit:
Okay I've been thinking about it I understand what you mean but what changes does it have to gameplay?
It doesnt effect the gameplay at all, i just said i was annoyed by it, i reckon it would look nicer on the shoulders but i do understand there would be clipping issues

This post has been hidden.

We used to be able to put our emblems on those. Halo 4 for example.
Zacjryan wrote:

Edit:
There's more to a game than just the gameplay. The look and feel of it are equally important, as they are essential to the immersion. That's why a lot of people have issues with the new art direction of 343i's Halo games, it does have an effect on the enjoyment of the game. The fact that ALL human buildings in Halo 5 are white white coloured highlights is boring, it becomes repetitive and boring. And the coloured undersuits ruin the look of the armour. If a gun doesn't look and feel good to use, it doesn't matter how powerful it is, some people won't want to use it. Just like if armour doesn't look like it protects the wearer, some people won't like using it, because it doesn't feel right.

Maybe gameplay is the only thing that's important to you and other people, and that's ok, I respect that. I just ask that you understand that, to other people, there is more to a game than just how it plays.