[Locked] Simple Sprint Poll.

OP Saint Kurry

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
I got this idea from another Waypoint goer whose name I will try to include later. Like this comment for Pro Sprint.
Like this comment for No Sprint.
how is the thread supposed to survive w likes only
nekrulz wrote:
how is the thread supposed to survive w likes only
It won't but at least it keeps the clutter down if people a tally use the system over voicing their opinion alone. Aka easy to read numbers.

It won't last because I doesn't matter - 343 is sticking with sprint. With what's left of the year, they will tweak it and alter base speed to compensate. When we see it again, we will be closer to the final build, and other things will be moe important (at least to those not wanting to stick in past arguments).
Oh go "toggle" yourself, All you Pro's can just "toggle" off!
With how Halo 5 is doing sprint. Yes for sprint (although I think it needs tweaking. 20% faster base speed and slower sprint would be perfect)

With how Halo Reach and Halo 4 did sprint. No.
DcIhNaGv3z wrote:
With how Halo 5 is doing sprint. Yes for sprint (although I think it needs tweaking. 20% faster base speed and slower sprint would be perfect)

They increased base speed and made max sprint speed slower to get to in the new blog update.
ooh it's getting close
If every single person who has an account on this site votes on this "poll" we'll be able to see what this small Halo forum community things of sprint.
Any gameplay mechanic that forces you to sacrifice combat readiness (except for game mode objectives) and/or complicates the control scheme FACTUALLY does not belong in Halo.
DcIhNaGv3z wrote:

They increased base speed and made max sprint speed slower to get to in the new blog update.
Sweet! This will be a major step. Very good to hear.
Any gameplay mechanic that forces you to sacrifice combat readiness (except for game mode objectives) and/or complicates the control scheme FACTUALLY does not belong in Halo.
And being aware of that puts you at a massive advantage. You know how many people I caught off guard while they carelessly traversed the map?
That is factually wrong. Because it is not a fact.

People write off sprint/thruster with the argument that it is not skillful aka just a button press. Now it's being added to the discussion as complicating the controls??

Where do these arguments come from? Fact: Sprint has been in 2 previous Halo titles. Fact: Sprint is currently in a 3rd halo title. Fact: you do not determine what belongs in a game single handedly (nor do I or any other player).
Many users have already discussed in depth as to why sprint negatively impacts Halo's gameplay.

Sprint should be removed.
That's your opinion, but good try. This is the definition of fact: something that actually exists; reality; truth. Not personal beliefs of what the video game should be to you and your personal play style. Sometimes we're all selfish though.

Also it doesn't matter how much one group thinks "Sprint is good or bad for the game, here are my valid reasons, of my subjective opinion." That's what everyone is saying no matter what, because it's a premise off of personal preference of fun lol. That's what's so funny about all the 100+ sprint threads for or against. Doesn't matter your reasons, they're based on a subjective preference.
Calling objective constructive criticism subjective opinion doesn't dispel them, but nice try.
Majatek wrote:
Many users have already discussed in depth as to why sprint negatively impacts Halo's gameplay.

Sprint should be removed.
At this stage they'd have to rebuild all the maps, so this toggle is an INSANELY good compromise IMO.
It's impossible to please two different sides of a community by just adding a "compromise" like a toggle after pandering to one side of the community with the map design process.
"Factual"

So what, we are supposed to keep the gun up every second? No, that may have been true years ago, but it's 2015.

That's your opinion, but good try. This is the definition of fact: something that actually exists; reality; truth. Not personal beliefs of what the video game should be to you and your personal play style. Sometimes we're all selfish though.

Also it doesn't matter how much one group thinks "Sprint is good or bad for the game, here are my valid reasons, of my subjective opinion." That's what everyone is saying no matter what, because it's a premise off of personal preference of fun lol. That's what's so funny about all the 100+ sprint threads for or against. Doesn't matter your reasons, they're based on a subjective preference.
I guess the sun being in the center of our star system is up for opinionated debate because around 25% of Americans think the sun revolves around the Earth. And thanks for telling me what a fact is, it's always nice to be told something you've already known for many years.

But on a less sarcastic note, Halo has NEVER incorporated a mechanic that does either of those two, which is a fact. Sprint obstructs both of these, which is a fact. Therefore, sprint factually does not belong in Halo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26