Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Simplest Solution To Curb Quitting

OP WuhanBatHerp

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts and inappropriate remarks.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
DERP but we gots duh league system in hawwo 5!
Not even the 1-5p system works, unless you're in the 40-50 levels people still quit.
Which 1-50 league system? The Halo 2 or Halo 3 version?
INB4 New Gen Says "DERP but we gots duh league system in haawo 5"
What's wrong with the league system other than the fact it's not 1-50?

It's the same concept behind both systems, just different aesthetics, and you still lose xp for quitting.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
INB4 New Gen Says "DERP but we gots duh league system in haawo 5"
What's wrong with the league system other than the fact it's not 1-50?

It's the same concept behind both systems, just different aesthetics, and you still lose xp for quitting.
We have already tried this. Halo Reach had practically the same league system and quitting was almost as bad in Halo Reach as it was in halo 4
DSight wrote:
1-50 isn't a league system. the 1-50 in Halo 2 and 3 are the same concept so either one works. For some reason that number rank makes people think twice before quitting. After level 15-20 in halo 2 and after level 35ish in Halo 3 quitting stopped drastically.

Literally the only complaint about the 1-50 was cheating but now cheating is way too hard so that isn't a problem anymore.

Lastly, the 1-50 made Halo unique. Uniqueness is what made Halo popular. Using a league system like every other game isn't going to help halo regain its elite status in the gaming world
DSight wrote:
1-50 isn't a league system. the 1-50 in Halo 2 and 3 are the same concept so either one works. For some reason that number rank makes people think twice before quitting. After level 15-20 in halo 2 and after level 35ish in Halo 3 quitting stopped drastically.

Literally the only complaint about the 1-50 was cheating but now cheating is way too hard so that isn't a problem anymore.

Lastly, the 1-50 made Halo unique. Uniqueness is what made Halo popular. Using a league system like every other game isn't going to help halo regain its elite status in the gaming world
That is the biggest assumption I've ever heard. Do you know how sports rankins work? You know they're in a league, ranked in their division, and ranked amongst the teams in said division. Yeah, because CoD and other video games are the first things in the history of ever to use a league system.

If you ask me, seeing someone and saying "Oh crap, their skill rank is 34!" sounds kinda childish compared to "Oh crap, that team is full of Pro ranks."
Oh Wow what a great idea. Are you a genius or something? Geez 343 should really hire you as a consultant. I mean suggesting to go back and use features from the most popular Halo games to try and fix something in the upcoming Halo games is pure brilliance
Lets get real, the way you act is too childish. But, unfortunately i have to agree about ranking. I loved the h3 skill ranking. But i dont think itll fix quitting, on 360 i still see about 2 or 3 people quit every match. about the same amount on MCC. Also, id still rather see what new things 343 can dish. I was fine with h5's "leaguing" but still prefer h3's