Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Single players/no-party option

OP Explorant Bias

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
As a long time halo player, I love the h3 throwback list. It has one problem though...IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN AGAINST TEAMS, AND THE PLAYLIST IS FULL OF TEAMS! With no friends left with annxbox, I usually play on my own. I already quit warzone because of this.
I would love to have an option to play social games against only single players, no teams in a party. Like we have the balanced and expanded option.

What do you guys think?
I think it'd be nice to filter out full fireteams to go against other solo players, although I wouldn't hold onto a candle for that long at this point in Halo 5's life.
That would be a great option to have for a lot of modes.
I hope your wish comes true. Im a solo player too and hate going up against teams
Gears of War 4 has a system similar to what you want. It's their social playlist and it only allows a max of two players per party. I also think Call of Duty implemented something like this too, where it disables parties in a certain playlist, but I don't play Call of Duty, so I don't know first certain.

I've wanted something similar for Halo titles, having a team-based playlist that doesn't allow party matchmaking. I usually play alone as well, and hate going against stacked teams, especially when I don't want to play in a team at times.
This is a great idea. I’m sure many orher solo players have just stopped playing because of matching up with teams. If it’s possible to add it into a search filter that would really help the halo community as a whole by giving solo players and teams fair fights against their respective party sizes. We’ve all seen plenty of those one-sided slaughter fest matches when it’s teams vs solo players. However I think they did try to address the issue if I remember right and it did seem to impact warzone somewhat but I’d like to see more of a push for this idea.
Why not try finding people to play with and getting a team? We already have enough playlists and some of them are barely supported by the population. Xbox has the looking for group feature for a reason
Population is too small to support that the wait times would be un holy. Plus sort of biased but I remover the good old halo 3 days where id get a team and causally stomp enemy solo players. Best halo experience I felt sorry for the solo players though
I don't mind the idea, but I play pretty much only Fiesta. I feel like I encounter organized groups in that playlist very infrequently.
I know it's not exactly "pure" halo gameplay, but it's enjoyable.

My question is - Is it basically suicide to enter ranked team slayer as a solo player?
How do you guys determine if you're running against a full team? I play BTB mostly now, but even when I was playing the other ranked and social playlists I very rarely ran into full teams. It could be my MMR as well. Maybe the higher tier matches this occurs more often. Heck, Mint Blitz tweeted about this very thing yesterday so you aren't the only one hoping for a change.

The problem right now is they tried this already. Teams were weighted much more and that resulted in teams ending up in never ending searches. So which is it? Do we sacrifice the solo player or the team players? With the population and the amount of playlists we have I believe the solo player needs to be sacrificed a little. This is coming from a mostly solo player.

Personally I relish going against teams and coming up with the win. I just wish more players were willing to communicate, try, and learn a little more. Yes, you're a solo player, but you have a mic right? Make call outs, don't quit, take something from the match and move on to the next one. There is always the possibility of a great match around the corner.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
How do you guys determine if you're running against a full team?
Name recognition or you can tell just by how they play.

I've encountered a few teams, but I think most of my games have been against solo players so it hasn't been a big issue for me.
I would play the hell out of a playlist with a max fireteam of 1
Spencer410 wrote:
This is a great idea. I’m sure many orher solo players have just stopped playing because of matching up with teams. If it’s possible to add it into a search filter that would really help the halo community as a whole by giving solo players and teams fair fights against their respective party sizes. We’ve all seen plenty of those one-sided slaughter fest matches when it’s teams vs solo players. However I think they did try to address the issue if I remember right and it did seem to impact warzone somewhat but I’d like to see more of a push for thi
LUKEPOWA wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:

I've encountered a few teams, but I think most of my games have been against solo players so it hasn't been a big issue for me.
Jup, as well as logo's sometimes. I just often run into guys playing together for a couple of matches in a row, not willing to take you into their team (which, I think, is because they are part of a company, not just a bunch of guys that met online and started playing together). It doesn't happen all the time, mostly I think I play against other solo-players. But sometimes I have stretches of about 4-5 games in a row against teams, which is frustrating sometimes. If you don't have great individual players on your own team, you will almost certainly get blown out.
I think that would be cool for the next halo, I’m pretty sure there isn’t enough people on Halo 5 to support these modes
DaxSeven09 wrote:
How do you guys determine if you're running against a full team? I play BTB mostly now, but even when I was playing the other ranked and social playlists I very rarely ran into full teams. It could be my MMR as well. Maybe the higher tier matches this occurs more often. Heck, Mint Blitz tweeted about this very thing yesterday so you aren't the only one hoping for a change.

The problem right now is they tried this already. Teams were weighted much more and that resulted in teams ending up in never ending searches. So which is it? Do we sacrifice the solo player or the team players? With the population and the amount of playlists we have I believe the solo player needs to be sacrificed a little. This is coming from a mostly solo player.

Personally I relish going against teams and coming up with the win. I just wish more players were willing to communicate, try, and learn a little more. Yes, you're a solo player, but you have a mic right? Make call outs, don't quit, take something from the match and move on to the next one. There is always the possibility of a great match around the corner.
I agree with this heavily! The amount of times I play by myself and start talking on the mic and they clearly hear me because of reactions to my call outs, and then I hear someone scrambling to put their mic on is unreal. I always say "why not just have your mic on? and people always tell me it's because they hate getting yelled at or this or not. Then I always say I 100% understand that but then I say, why not just mute them and carry on. I just don't get it... People used to always mute in halo 2/3 times... Now no one does. It's like people have forgotten aboat the mute button feature. Granted there was no individual mute when Halo 5 first came out and you still can't mute people in the pregame lobby which is ridiculous and a complete and utter joke I must say, but you can in game.

Talk on your mic people, use the mute botton when someone is a jerk.

LUKEPOWA wrote:
DaxSeven09 wrote:

Name recognition, ok maybe... But how they play, no. I solo queue a lot and use a mic, so when I go into a game with say three people, using Team Slayer as the example, that I've never played with, I'm communicating with them. I'm not in there party, fireteam or anything.

@Op honestly I don't really feel like we need that option. All that does is limit the people that you can play with/against. I agree with DaxSeven09, people just need to talk more if they really care that much about winning. Also, ZaedynFel (who works at 343I in case you don't know who he is) own stats even show that people who are playing with each other and communicating don't have that much higher of a chance to win minus in high level play. A better system is to have a better matchmaking system which 343I is working on... But that doesn't matter if no one's playing the game really to begin with OR the population is pretty low.
I agree with you OP...
If more people would make useful callouts and such with their mics, this wouldn't be as much of a problem, and this is coming from a solo player who broke his mic several months ago. Also, some people are very effective team players even without using mics. Just the other day, my team stomped another in Team Arena, and somebody on the enemy team blamed his loss on our verbal communication. I'm not sure if my teammates were in a party, but I certainly wasn't communicating with anybody that game.

I think these wishes for a solo player only playlist need to go away. I personally understand why people want it, but solo-only playlists or fireteam restrictions would harm a large percentage of Halo players, and we don't want that.
I'm a solo player and don't mind going up against teams. What I do mind is the horrendous accuracy the BR has now.
Name recognition, ok maybe... But how they play, no.
Recognizing people is a definite yes for me when the same people are always playing together. Not sure what you meant in your TS example, but it's not difficult for me to tell by how they play. Players will always two or three man the Warthog, you'll get coordinated pushes, you'll get double teamed and cleaned up more (you'll kill someone in an isolated spot and then some nade will just magically appear and kill you or their teammate will show up very shortly after), and they'll get and keep map control faster and longer.
It's been like this since Reach and 343 refuses to change it for no good reason.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2