Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I don't know about you guys but I love playing Slayer in all Halo games.

But I'm having a lot of problems with Halo 5's Slayer, first of all, I play it alone all the time because I don't have the time to get people together to play and stuff like that. (Plus the people on my friends list aren't all that great)
So I'll go into matchmaking alone and go up against Platinum/Diamond people who are relatively good, but my own team (Platinum/Diamond as well) will ALWAYS suck. No matter what. I'm not the best on my team each time but the team I'm on is ALWAYS terrible together. And it's so annoying, if they're ranked that high why are they playing so stupidly?

On another note, there needs to be a Classic Slayer, with no spartan charge and what not. I'm getting pretty tired of constantly getting charged and then one shot right after. The last game I played that's all the other team was doing and if I wanted to play an annoying game I'd go play CoD.

I'm getting really tired of Halo lately...
Use Halo LFG to find groups. Also, I am not sure why you are talking down to people in platinum/diamond when the highest you have been is gold 4. Also, Classic Slayer is a playlist that you can download from file share. If that is what you want to play then go play that in custom games.
If you're getting tired of Halo, just take a break for some time. there's no fun in playing a game you don't enjoy all that much. Sooner or later the Halo itch might come again and you'll be able to enjoy yourself some more.

As for your problem, take into account that the other team might have teamed up. And against a team of complete randoms that's a huge advantage.
There's really nothing more I can say other than team-up. Maybe if you come across some good randoms you can invite them to your lobby after and continue with at least one or two decent players.
Sacr3d wrote:
Use Halo LFG to find groups. Also, I am not sure why you are talking down to people in platinum/diamond when the highest you have been is gold 4. Also, Classic Slayer is a playlist that you can download from file share. If that is what you want to play then go play that in custom games.
Yea I was Gold 4 this Season, I used to by Onyx in SWAT, Platinum/Diamond in most others.
It really doesn't matter cause it only moves up or down with wins/loss. So you could be super amazing player but lose every game and go down in rank due to it.
So I'm talking down to the people who are higher rank then me because they're HIGHER RANK AND STILL GARBAGE. Is my point... I could be Bronze 1 and if a Platinum 6 still does worse than me I'll complain...
Turretguy wrote:
Sacr3d wrote:
Use Halo LFG to find groups. Also, I am not sure why you are talking down to people in platinum/diamond when the highest you have been is gold 4. Also, Classic Slayer is a playlist that you can download from file share. If that is what you want to play then go play that in custom games.
Yea I was Gold 4 this Season, I used to by Onyx in SWAT, Platinum/Diamond in most others.
It really doesn't matter cause it only moves up or down with wins/loss. So you could be super amazing player but lose every game and go down in rank due to it.
So I'm talking down to the people who are higher rank then me because they're HIGHER RANK AND STILL GARBAGE. Is my point... I could be Bronze 1 and if a Platinum 6 still does worse than me I'll complain...
Dude, I am sorry to tell you this, there is no way you were onyx. If you were onyx when I go to your account it would say that your highest ranking is onyx. Example: I am currently onyx in FFA, earlier this season I was Champ. If you go to my profile it says that I am Champ because that is my highest ranking.
Turretguy wrote:
Sacr3d wrote:
Use Halo LFG to find groups. Also, I am not sure why you are talking down to people in platinum/diamond when the highest you have been is gold 4. Also, Classic Slayer is a playlist that you can download from file share. If that is what you want to play then go play that in custom games.
Yea I was Gold 4 this Season, I used to by Onyx in SWAT, Platinum/Diamond in most others.
It really doesn't matter cause it only moves up or down with wins/loss. So you could be super amazing player but lose every game and go down in rank due to it.
So I'm talking down to the people who are higher rank then me because they're HIGHER RANK AND STILL GARBAGE. Is my point... I could be Bronze 1 and if a Platinum 6 still does worse than me I'll complain...
Also you mention that your ranking goes up and down. You could lose your next 500 games and you would just be gold 1. There is no way to drop out of a ranking group. It is possible to move up though.
Looking through your game history it shows that you have never placed before this season. That is strange considering that you placed onyx and diamond before this. Very strange, must just be a glitch.
Wait a second, is it possible that you lied?
Ya there are plenty of people providing good solutions to your problem. Mine is to take a break from people and fight some overpowerd AI in firefight.
The Dnend Legion
Sacr3d wrote:
Looking through your game history it shows that you have never placed before this season. That is strange considering that you placed onyx and diamond before this. Very strange, must just be a glitch.
I have a picture of the placements... Maybe because I changed my gamertag since then?
Cant find the picture of my Onyx rating but I got Diamond/Platinum in picture link below
Sacr3d wrote:
Wait a second, is it possible that you lied?
To anyone else who thinks I lied here's a picture of my account with Diamond and Platinum Rankings:

(It's a tweet)
https://twitter.com/Iturretguy36/status/661051183453351936
The ranks say that your highest is gold. The ranks are always right.
Sacr3d wrote:
The ranks say that your highest is gold. The ranks are always right.
Clearly not... see linked picture above.
Turretguy wrote:
Sacr3d wrote:
The ranks say that your highest is gold. The ranks are always right.
Clearly not... see linked picture above.
Well then, I guess you are a special case. But in my experience it is always right.
Sacr3d wrote:
Turretguy wrote:
Sacr3d wrote:
The ranks say that your highest is gold. The ranks are always right.
Clearly not... see linked picture above.
Well then, I guess you are a special case. But in my experience it is always right.
I don't doubt you but I have picture proof I've been higher rank. Wish I could tell you/anyone why it has been changed like that but I legitimately was Platinum/Diamond as seen in that picture, and was Onyx in SWAT but cannot find that picture...

Also says on MCC that I have like 200 hours in Halo 2's campaign that I definitely never did since I only went through the campaign twice so MAYBE there's 10 hours or more, not 200. (Idk if on this site it says that but on the game itself I does, have a picture of that somewhere too)
Turretguy wrote:
I don't know about you guys but I love playing Slayer in all Halo games.

But I'm having a lot of problems with Halo 5's Slayer, first of all, I play it alone all the time because I don't have the time to get people together to play and stuff like that. (Plus the people on my friends list aren't all that great)
So I'll go into matchmaking alone and go up against Platinum/Diamond people who are relatively good, but my own team (Platinum/Diamond as well) will ALWAYS suck. No matter what. I'm not the best on my team each time but the team I'm on is ALWAYS terrible together. And it's so annoying, if they're ranked that high why are they playing so stupidly?

On another note, there needs to be a Classic Slayer, with no spartan charge and what not. I'm getting pretty tired of constantly getting charged and then one shot right after. The last game I played that's all the other team was doing and if I wanted to play an annoying game I'd go play CoD.

I'm getting really tired of Halo lately...
Well, I only have one thing to say...I agree with you on the Classic Slayer Part. They added the original Magnum, the Halo 2 Battle Rifle, the Brute Plasma Rifle, and the Gravity Hammer. They also added Griffball, so why not add a Classic Slayer mode. With Teleporter's, No Spartan Charge, and instead of spawning with the new Magnum you should spawn with the old Magnum and the Halo 2 Battle Rifle, and then there should be ONLY guns from the original Halo.
Turretguy wrote:
Sacr3d wrote:
Use Halo LFG to find groups. Also, I am not sure why you are talking down to people in platinum/diamond when the highest you have been is gold 4. Also, Classic Slayer is a playlist that you can download from file share. If that is what you want to play then go play that in custom games.
Yea I was Gold 4 this Season, I used to by Onyx in SWAT, Platinum/Diamond in most others.
It really doesn't matter cause it only moves up or down with wins/loss. So you could be super amazing player but lose every game and go down in rank due to it.
So I'm talking down to the people who are higher rank then me because they're HIGHER RANK AND STILL GARBAGE. Is my point... I could be Bronze 1 and if a Platinum 6 still does worse than me I'll complain...
Yeah if you're an amazing player you can get out of platinum pretty easily (note I'm not saying I'm amazing, I'm not). In addition, expecting to do well in a team playlist when you're running solo is asking for trouble. Are you effectively communicating with your teammates or are you just doing your own thing? Try FFA if you're running solo. Then your performance is mostly only based on how you play.
Also, if we're going to look at service record to prove anything here...
Sacr3d, you have a 1.8kd in Halo 5 and were once in Champions for FFA. But looking back at Reach and Halo 4 doesn't say much about you.
Then Halo 3, (the harder of the games to be good), you've never played?
I'm not saying you're bad, Champion is.... well it takes some time to get there. And 1.8 kd is obviously really good, I only keep 1.2-1.4, but I also played a lot of dumb game modes in the old days (Grifball, Infection, etc) that have kept it lower than people who play competitively.

But you're judging me from just Halo 5.
For example, lets use Rippin Headz, best player from Halo 3 worldwide.
Coming into Halo 5, he could potentially get a Gold rating and then not play Halo 5 again for some time due to the difference between 3 and 5.
Is he bad because he got a lower rating in 5? No
Can he talk smack to people higher rank? Of course.

Now I'm obviously nowhere near that skill level, and I don't play much anymore anyways (except this month), so I'm not all that great anymore. I'm just trying to prove a point.
But you can't really judge my skill off a game I don't play too much when the ranking system is easily increase by just playing a lot. Best players ever just have a lot of time put into the playlist and that's really all it takes.

Looking back at Halo 3, which actually took skill and you could get deranked back to level 1 (50 being max), I was a 46 in FFA.
A game harder to level up, that you had to work to maintain, and is harder to play.

For example, watch this video. Specifically around the 4 minute part
This video

Yes, we were talking about Halo 5's Slayer and Halo 5 specifically, but don't jump to conclusions based off a fragment of information, get all of it first.
I was 12 when I was playing reach and didn't play Halo 4 much due to the loadouts. Also, I did play a ton of Halo 3 at my friends house because I was not allowed to have M rated games at that time. Also what does it matter my old ranks? You are bringing up things that are not relevant to the conversation and you are stat flaming. Your whole argument is based around you making lame excuses for why your stats are bad. You say that Rippin Headz was the best in Halo 3 but he could come to Halo 5 and suck. Are you comparing yourself to him? You say that he could come to Halo 5 and be gold, isn't that exactly what you did? You also write in a condescending tone, which implies that you believe that you are better than everybody. You also said that Halo 5 doesn't take any skill to play. If you are so skilled yourself, like you say you were in halo 3 then shouldn't you be champion in FFA and have a 1.8 k/d?
You didn't have a argument so you went and scoured my service record to make a point (not a very good one). I simply looked at the previous season rankings (which are correct) which shows that this is the first season you have ranked (gold).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2