OP Xaybiance

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
Please, 343. Tell me more lies.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
How is his post irrelevant?
He is highlighting an important aspect of smart scope, as he is right, look at the video, the smartscope/ADS offers a significant reduction in the spread of a weapon

It needs to be addressed and fixed
I think this might be the most irrelevant and idiotic post I've ever seen for obvious reasons.

Reported for making a non-constructive post.
And how exactly is this an idiotic post when he just clearly made a point across on how this "Smart-Scope" works?
You think it's an issue and they accidentally designed it that way? lol
It's the opposite of an issue, it's balanced perfectly.

It's pretty obvious that it's balanced for longer than normal range depending on the weapon you're using and if you get shot you get knocked out of zoom anyway. There's nothing to complain about here, but yet he's calling them out on this. This post was pointless. I don't get the point of it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm unsure how you can not see the point

There is a large difference between the groupings of the hip fired rounds and the smart scope rounds

The rounds fired from smart scope are much more tightly grouped, which means that the smart scope actually increases accuracy

when you put this on automatic weapons such as the AR or SMG you buff the weapon beyond what its actual capability should be

If this is your idea of balance then I really worry , this rather breaks weapon balance because with this picking up a DMR or BR is now useless since the AR/SMG are more accurate at range and fire off more rounds in less time
Again, this is not balance

343i said smart scope would have no influence on the accuracy of weapons.......it clearly does
He could've said it more like:

I thought Smart Scope was supposed to be purely aesthetic? Maybe I missed something, but can anyone please explain why it changes bullet spread for automatic weapons in this video (link)?

I'd also like to add that I haven't played the beta, so take anything that I've said with a grain of salt.

Thanks.
It was idiotic the way he decided to address it. He called them out for no reason and then called them liars. Even though there's nothing to complain about here...
You're joking, right?
Fair enough, maybe the way he went about addressing his concerns was improper
This does not however take away from the fact his concerns are quite valid

I guess one of the things about being different people is we address things and word things differently

There is a large difference between the groupings of the hip fired rounds and the smart scope rounds

The rounds fired from smart scope are much more tightly grouped, which means that the smart scope actually increases accuracy

when you put this on automatic weapons such as the AR or SMG you buff the weapon beyond what its actual capability should be

If this is your idea of balance then I really worry , this rather breaks weapon balance because with this picking up a DMR or BR is now useless since the AR/SMG are more accurate at range and fire off more rounds in less time

343i said smart scope would have no influence on the accuracy of weapons.......it clearly does
You were a bit vague. It depends on what you mean by "range." They're not more accurate at long range, just at mid-range and they're much more difficult to use while zoomed in. A BR/DMR would always win that battle at range unless you caught them off guard with the SMG which is fine. That's what the SMG is used for to be honest. It's very balanced.
He could've said it more like:

I thought Smart Scope was supposed to be purely aesthetic? Maybe I missed something, but can anyone please explain why it changes bullet spread for automatic weapons in this video (link)?

I'd also like to add that I haven't played the beta, so take anything that I've said with a grain of salt.

Thanks.
How about we talk less about my tongue and more about the actual topic?
Ya, glad somebody tested it.

You were a bit vague. It depends on what you mean by "range." They're not more accurate at long range, just at mid-range and they're much more difficult to use while zoomed in. A BR/DMR would always win that battle at range unless you caught them off guard with the SMG which is fine. That's what the SMG is used for to be honest. It's very balanced.
I am nearly positive that the groupings remain tight on the AR even at mid-long ranges which again breaks weapon balancing
If I can kill someone with the AR from sword on midship when they are back against the blue wall, there is a problem with either accuracy, range, damage or all three and that's exactly what we are seeing with the AR

I am nearly positive that the groupings remain tight on the AR even at mid-long ranges which again breaks weapon balancing
If I can kill someone with the AR from sword on midship when they are back against the blue wall, there is a problem with either accuracy, range, damage or all three and that's exactly what we are seeing with the AR
That sounds nearly impossible unless they were one shot and you got REALLY lucky. There is a bit of recoil while zoomed in with AR and considering they can move around so fast they'd be a hard target assuming there's no one else that'll be shooting at you knocking you out of zoom while you're standing in the middle completely still which I wouldn't see happening at all. It still takes skill.
There should be a video of someone doing this exact same thing on the older Halo games. If we get the same result then we know for sure that smart scope is the same as regular zoom.
There should be a video of someone doing this exact same thing on the older Halo games. If we get the same result then we know for sure that smart scope is the same as regular zoom.
There IS videos on this already, along with screenshots. It is the exact same as it always has been. Spread gets reduced when you shoot when zoomed/when in Smart Scope.

This post is pointless.

Proof of SMG accuracy, no scope vs scoped: http://i.imgur.com/I8EdMCp.png
If you have a problem with it then that's fine. I wasn't there to watch you play your matches, but in my experience in the beta after 8hrs of gameplay and 80some matches, I didn't have any issues with Smart Scope being unbalanced.

Thanks.

If you have a problem with it then that's fine. I wasn't there to watch you play your matches, but in my experience in the beta after 8hrs of gameplay and 80some matches I didn't have any issues with Smart Scope being unbalanced.
I'm confused......which one is it?
The zoom on the assault rifle is slight and ineffective at long range when you factor recoil. It's balanced.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9