1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
We really need to deal with all the smurfs in this game. I keep running into people that are like level 2 with a 10 gamerscore, but they play like diamonds and onyx's
I'd like it to stop but I guarantee someone's bout to start hating on this forum.
Smurfing is a real issue but I am fairly sure it's an issue that will keep reoccurring.
We can’t truly prevent smurfing due to the nature of the XBONE’s profile making and smurfing’s ubiquitous nature. The best shot at defeating smurfs is to make them eat -Yoink- and stealing their tactics. I’ve found Theater very helpful in this regard. A T-bag is also helpful in adding humiliation value.
I doubt we'll ever get rid of them, but the new trueskill system that's currently being tested in Quickplay should be able to detect them faster so their impact on games won't last as long.
They will always be a thing a no matter what we do. Sadly. Only method of fixing it is if their was a rank cap they have to reach. Like lvl 30 or 50. At that point I don’t think most people will take the time to grind a new character to that lvl
Smurfs have always been a problem and it's really annoying.
"I can't win against people of my level, so I'll go stomp on casual players to feel good about myself."
wish there was something we could do.
Yeah it’s -Yoinking!- annoying as hell. I block and report immediately. Best way to deal with them. And report them for more than cheating.
Oh hai wanna play people your skill? nah heres a Champ smurfing, he'll stomp a mud hole in your team. 343 plz fix it.
They will always be a thing a no matter what we do. Sadly. Only method of fixing it is if their was a rank cap they have to reach. Like lvl 30 or 50. At that point I don’t think most people will take the time to grind a new character to that lvl
I agree with this post.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like this is one of the only solutions. It wouldn't fix everything obviously, but it would help.
Social is usually much worse than just playing ranked, you’ll get team mates or gold and play squads Of onyx. It’s pretty terrible.
I’m usually around diamond and if I try and play social btb I can’t even find a match so I had to make a smurf account just to find a game in social. I bet a lot of people have had that same issue. We don’t want to wait 5 mins to find a game in social so just make a new account and you’ll find a match in seconds.
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
"I can't win against people of my level, so I'll go stomp on casual players to feel good about myself."
And sometimes, it's not even that. Sometimes, it's people who just generally get satisfaction from destroying players newer to the game and rack up easier victories. Though also, sometimes, people do it just to do it. Some don't intend to use it do purposely to destroy weaker players. Some people generally try to see how many times they can hit max rank...kinda like people who see how many times they can reach max prestige in CoD. To those people...it's not about wiping the floors with less skilled players....but more about as long as they are ranking up, even if they already hit max rank and reset, it feels like they are achieving something and get some sort of "I am progressing in a sense." form of satisfaction.

But yea, there are still a lot of people who do it just to destroy new players for cheap/easy wins.
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
And sometimes, it's not even that. Sometimes, it's people who just generally get satisfaction from destroying players newer to the game and rack up easier victories. Though also, sometimes, people do it just to do it. Some don't intend to use it do purposely to destroy weaker players. Some people generally try to see how many times they can hit max rank...kinda like people who see how many times they can reach max prestige in CoD. To those people...it's not about wiping the floors with less skilled players....but more about as long as they are ranking up, even if they already hit max rank and reset, it feels like they are achieving something and get some sort of "I am progressing in a sense." form of satisfaction.

But yea, there are still a lot of people who do it just to destroy new players for cheap/easy wins.
Those are called buttheads. I can understand the guys that do it to see how fast or how many times thy can hit max level.
One of the primary reasons why I stick to custom games now. It's just so frustrating.
Viper 22x wrote:
One of the primary reasons why I stick to custom games now. It's just so frustrating.
But we all know 343 isn't going to do anything. Considering their money cows like Microsoft and don't actually care about the player base and only want money.
Viper 22x wrote:
But we all know 343 isn't going to do anything. Considering their money cows like Microsoft and don't actually care about the player base and only want money.
Yeah, I don't disagree.

I'm not trying to look at history through rose colored glasses or pretend that previous multiplayers were perfect, but there's something to be said about how good H2 and H3 multiplayer was. It was simple (with no redundant weapons littering the map), it was fast-paced, and it was just plain fun. And the player population of each was going strong when the next game came out. There were 2nd-accouters and some rank manipulation, but with such a large population, running into those scenarios was relatively rare.
The smurfing problem can't be fixed easily and probably won't be fixed at all. It's just a fact of inline gaming.
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news :/

It's not illegal for people to have multiple accounts, if I'm not mistaken.
Viper 22x wrote:
Quite untrue. The matchmaking team have been working over the last year to build up a new Trueskill system for fairing matchmaking, one that finds skills levels for players a lot faster so should reduce smurfing. Dr. Menke did a talk on it at GDC a few weeks ago, the system itself just debuted in Quick play and is set to roll out to other playlists soon. Worth reading the weekly matchmaking updates in the Matchmaking forums, if you don't already, and post any queries you have in there.
Well high level accounts cant get into games faster, it takes them like 2 to 3 min just to get into a game
stckrboy wrote:
Viper 22x wrote:
Quite untrue. The matchmaking team have been working over the last year to build up a new Trueskill system for fairing matchmaking, one that finds skills levels for players a lot faster so should reduce smurfing. Dr. Menke did a talk on it at GDC a few weeks ago, the system itself just debuted in Quick play and is set to roll out to other playlists soon. Worth reading the weekly matchmaking updates in the Matchmaking forums, if you don't already, and post any queries you have in there.
Look have you even play quickly my friend? It consists of more smurfs and ridiculous spawns then ranked arena itself. I'm not trying to be rude, but 343 isn't gonna help halo by making it more complex. Back track in the next one and simplify the gameplay. H2 and H3 were amazing because they were simple and fast paced. Please, don't take this in a negative way because thats not the way I want it to go.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4