Smurf problem

OP Glint1292

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
If there's any conciliation, you're not going to get better at the game by playing with people on your level or worse. You could make a blessing out of this and use it as an opportunity to see what you are doing wrong and what they are doing right. Use theatre mode.
That doesn't even pertain to the surf problem, but could be addressed in a chat that is based on "How to improve gameplay?".
Unfortunately there is no practical way to deal with it. I have brought this up in the past and it is an issue. People are always going to smurf, they are always going to be concerned about their main account ranks, or not want to play in even matched teams, or feel like they are good.
I smurfed two years ago and got my other account banned on these forums :,(
They will always be a thing a no matter what we do. Sadly. Only method of fixing it is if their was a rank cap they have to reach. Like lvl 30 or 50. At that point I don’t think most people will take the time to grind a new character to that lvl
I agree with this post.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like this is one of the only solutions. It wouldn't fix everything obviously, but it would help.
That's a tad extreme tbh. I'd say to be more logical that we would introduce a cap of level 10 (or it's h6 equivalent) about 6 months after H6 releases to join into normal matchmaking. Otherwise they will be stuck in a type of 4v4 "training grounds" playlist, or, if Campaign can alter rank, have completing the campaign automatically set the Spartans rank to 10.

This forces smurphs to stay out of the most popular playlists off the bat, which is a deterrent to now do in the first place, but doesn't force actual new players to be stuck out of matchmaking altogether or getting destroyed by veteran players to the game in other populated playlists. It's a win-win.
Getting to level 10 is SUPER easy. That's much too low... But I agree 50, seems too high.

I was thinking more like 20-25, but maybe 30 would be ok, I don't know. Mainly I agree with the fact that being x level would help (not eliminate) second accounts.
They will always be a thing a no matter what we do. Sadly. Only method of fixing it is if their was a rank cap they have to reach. Like lvl 30 or 50. At that point I don’t think most people will take the time to grind a new character to that lvl
I agree with this post.
The more I think about it, the more I feel like this is one of the only solutions. It wouldn't fix everything obviously, but it would help.
That's a tad extreme tbh. I'd say to be more logical that we would introduce a cap of level 10 (or it's h6 equivalent) about 6 months after H6 releases to join into normal matchmaking. Otherwise they will be stuck in a type of 4v4 "training grounds" playlist, or, if Campaign can alter rank, have completing the campaign automatically set the Spartans rank to 10.
This forces smurphs to stay out of the most popular playlists off the bat, which is a deterrent to now do in the first place, but doesn't force actual new players to be stuck out of matchmaking altogether or getting destroyed by veteran players to the game in other populated playlists. It's a win-win.
Getting to level 10 is SUPER easy. That's much too low... But I agree 50, seems too high.
I was thinking more like 20-25, but maybe 30 would be ok, I don't know. Mainly I agree with the fact that being x level would help (not eliminate) second accounts.
Personally, I feel that a level cap just wouldn't work out for the better.Sure, it may hinder smurfing in a way, but it may also throw off some new players or even veterans from playing. Since Halo 3 I did nothing but play ranked and it was fun. I know that if a level cap was added into Halo 5 or especially Halo 6 some people would play the game, get bored, and maybe even quit all together because smurfing would still be a problem in that closed environment. And even still, is smurfing even all as bad as people say it is? From my knowledge I have never seen a smurf yet, but I feel like smurfs in your game whether on your team, or the enemy team, are just the best ways to improve yourselves. Sure, the smurf may have the agenda of stomping beginners, but you can counter that agenda by just looking at what they did, studying that, and emulating it to the best extent. And who knows, maybe you can find that smurf on his main and stomp him.
deliliz4rd wrote:
I agree with this post.
Personally, I feel that a level cap just wouldn't work out for the better.Sure, it may hinder smurfing in a way, but it may also throw off some new players or even veterans from playing. Since Halo 3 I did nothing but play ranked and it was fun. I know that if a level cap was added into Halo 5 or especially Halo 6 some people would play the game, get bored, and maybe even quit all together because smurfing would still be a problem in that closed environment. And even still, is smurfing even all as bad as people say it is? From my knowledge I have never seen a smurf yet, but I feel like smurfs in your game whether on your team, or the enemy team, are just the best ways to improve yourselves. Sure, the smurf may have the agenda of stomping beginners, but you can counter that agenda by just looking at what they did, studying that, and emulating it to the best extent. And who knows, maybe you can find that smurf on his main and stomp him.
Make social fun and bareable to reach rank 20-30 then it wouldn’t be as big of a problem. I do understand where you’re coming from I really find fun in this game with ranked arena so.
deliliz4rd wrote:
I agree with this post.
Make social fun and bareable to reach rank 20-30 then it wouldn’t be as big of a problem. I do understand where you’re coming from I really find fun in this game with ranked arena so.
It would honestly be more beneficial with a rank minimum of 20-30 for ranked arena along with completion of the Campaign in the next Halo game (aka Halo 6)
Glint1292 wrote:
deliliz4rd wrote:
I agree with this post.
It would honestly be more beneficial with a rank minimum of 20-30 for ranked arena along with completion of the Campaign in the next Halo game (aka Halo 6)
Idk about campaign. I’m a halo fanboy but it took all my will power to finish halo 5. It was so dry and boring. I don’t even see myself completing halo 6’s campaign because of it
Glint1292 wrote:
deliliz4rd wrote:
I agree with this post.
Idk about campaign. I’m a halo fanboy but it took all my will power to finish halo 5. It was so dry and boring. I don’t even see myself completing halo 6’s campaign because of it
Then the surfs will think the same thing and decide to not play it.
Glint1292 wrote:
Glint1292 wrote:
deliliz4rd wrote:
I agree with this post.
Then the surfs will think the same thing and decide to not play it.
And so will other players. I know a lot of good halo players that play ranked everyday and if they were forced to play the campaign the would quit. They played since early release and I don’t blame them honestly.
I hate smurfs they ruin the game for others that just want to have fun. I matched a level 1 with 0 gamerpoints and the first game they "ever" played they got a double naire on Backwoods
GFG Dusty wrote:
Unfortunately there is no practical way to deal with it. I have brought this up in the past and it is an issue. People are always going to smurf, they are always going to be concerned about their main account ranks, or not want to play in even matched teams, or feel like they are good.
I guess your right i don't think that there is much that we can do about the problem.
im just a smurf because i wanted to earn everything again lol
isnt that right Section825
Thats a practical reason to smurf. Just don't be that guy who goes around stomping shineys for no reason.
If Microsoft and 343 would start banning consoles and IP addresses the smurf problem would end rather quickly.
Glint1292 wrote:
Thats a practical reason to smurf ...
No it isn't.
Glint1292 wrote:
No it isn't.
I think it’s sort of a dumb reason, but if they’re not intentionally deranking and bombing their placement matches the damage is somewhat controlled.
Bxnnyson wrote:
Glint1292 wrote:
No it isn't.
I think it’s sort of a dumb reason, but if they’re not intentionally deranking and bombing their placement matches the damage is somewhat controlled.
There's only one reason people make smurf accounts, and it's not because they're missing the excitement of unlocking 3000 different versions of the AR again.

edit - they're cheaters and should be banned. Permanently.
Bxnnyson wrote:
Glint1292 wrote:
No it isn't.
There's only one reason people make smurf accounts, and it's not because they're missing the excitement of unlocking 3000 different versions of the AR again.
Oh, I’m not denying that smurfing is godawful. I actually agree with you on most levels. But if this guy has candor, it’s... less godawful? With a reason like that, why tank the placement matches and end up in Silver when you’re really a Diamond?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4